ITT things we thought when we were kids/noguns

haven't had one of these threads in a long time
>When I was a kid I thought you dumped rounds in the back of a Borchardt and magic shot them out
>I thought Vietnam was Japan and the Vietnam war was WW2 2: all gooks are the same
>I thought the gulf war was fought in the gulf of Mexico, and that's why we hate Mexicans

Attached: 1479356657379.jpg (400x169, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=12kcpP-8jfM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSS_silent_pistol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Lisle_carbine
youtu.be/vPPiHCkDNNI?t=144
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I used to think that the second world war happened like 30 years ago

gas operated meant airgun.

I used to think when I grew up, I'd save save cash and go down to the store and just buy a gun. Then go home and shoot some cans in the woods behind my house.

My wife thought the same gulf war delusion. She's from rural Pennsylvania and also thought that Jesus was born in Bethlehem, PA. She thought these things until her mid teens.

when i was kid i though what made the bullets come out was just the force from the hammer hitting back of bullet

Never knew you could chamber a round so when i played battlefield 3 and "reloaded my gun twice" and got an extra bullet i thought it was a bug.

thought that assault weapons should be banned and "no one needs a machine-gun to hunt squirrels", I thought the guns in the big 5 catalog were these machine guns, (I was 6 and paroting things my parents told me)

Thought that the force of the hammer was what launched the bullet in old single action revolvers.

I thought the 1911, the tokarev and the ppk were copies of each other

Same,in the beginning of The Mummy,O'Connell is holding a cigarette and grabs a bullet with the same hand and loads it into his Lebel,I always thought he loaded the cigarette and shot it.

Attached: 1542255894465.png (663x529, 154K)

i thought that AKs fired full powered rounds because they're .30 cal

>gas operated meant the gun had a gasoline tank that helped it shoot

Could have been true if you're old enough.

I taught that the loading lever on old BP reolvers was there to cock the gun.

I thought the Deagle was chambered in 50. BMG

What's stopping you? Cuck state? Poor?

Attached: lol.jpg (905x1001, 210K)

If you have children, please use a surrogate.

Lawl

I used to think wars lasted like 3-4 days max. I was in total disbelief when I found out that wars such WWI and WWII lasted for like 5 years.

I also used to think that Germany was some major power on scale with that of the USA and that when we beat them in WWII they essentially merged with us and the USA became twice as powerful. (kind of like in the American Civil war when the North beat the South, they became 1 more powerful nation)

I used to think "If I ever went to war, i'd just play dead and nobody would ever shoot me"

I used to think WWII was our last war and that it wasn't very long ago (Like maybe 10-20 years ago?)

All of this my 5-6 year old self ^

Born in '97 btw

Not too bad.Along with this : I used to think that guns were super easy to get(in my state they are anyways)and that you could buy a G11

youtube.com/watch?v=12kcpP-8jfM

Bro I thought the exact same thing. I also thought .45 acp was a fucking bazooka of a handgun round due to its size and I thought all bullets had essentially the same velocity. I also thought this "velocity" was way faster than it was, like if I shot at a tree 500 meters away across a field, the bullet would be there basically instantly.

I thought WW1 was Napoleon and that Hitler and the GDR dictatorship were literally the same.
I also used to think that the HRE had anything to do with actual romans.

This. I couldn't wrap my mind around it.

Ok, thats not a kiddy mistake, thats the next level of retardation.

I used to think suppressors can actually be inaudible.

Attached: 1526992823618.jpg (1000x449, 73K)

I used to think gas operated guns needed to be refueled.

Not really, I used to study engines a lot as a kid and assume the "gas" was related to gasoline and the gas tube had gasoline in it for some fucking reason. I honestly had no idea how guns used to work back as a kid.

Sadly, this common child mistake is still perpetuated by retard adults on the left.

I've heard the Borchardt is an unwieldy gun because the handle is perpendicular to the barrel and action. Is this true?

I've always thought it looked cool.

God I wish this was real

Enjoy being handless.

The grip still seems kinda small for .50 bmg lmao

This. Also thought guns were a lot more accurate in general than they are. I also assumed that the second amendmand meant people weren't giant massive jewish faggots who would be okay with lawyers in trash bags writing dehumanizing bills every single fucking year until one finally gets through with a 51% vote and now you're totally FUCKED CONSERVASHIT XDDDDD

No really though I welcome them to keep doing what they're doing so everyone can come around to the idea of how fucking retarded democracy is

Everyone who has never used one has thought that. I blame hollywood.

I blame movies, the worst offenders being Assault on Precinct 13 and Inception.

I used to think that negros were just black versions of white people. I always thought to myself "are there black chinese people and black Mexican people?"

I believd based on niggerrigged ideas about muzzle loading and cartoons (realize I was 5 when this though was disproven) that guns were loaded with black powder, and some sort of ink cartridge or cork with ink in it so that when it hits (like in cartoons.) it covers the target in black stuff and hurts alot

Nothing is as bad as the 2nd John Wick movie.
Jesus H Christ was that retarded.

They are called Indonesians and Hondurans.

Similar, also thought as a kid that there were countries that still used sword and stuff in war and that guns were used for cowboys and soldier (who I thought both were still alive.) also thought that only pistols and shotguns existed

I thought the larger the caliber size the more powerful the round. I remember hearing about .380 and assuming it was more powerful than a 357 mag because 380>357.
Also, thought grain refered to powder. Higher grain meant faster bullet because more grains of powder.

>I used to think that negros were just black versions of white people
Yeah, I remember back when I used to believe in racial equality. I also used to believe guns fired the whole cartridge.

I thought the same thing about the gulf war

I thought the gewehr 43 was created by the Jews to fight nazis. Also thought all the shit in Return to Castle Wolfenstein also happened.

Did you make the trailer for Sniper Ghost Warrior 3?
Also anyone have the original video?

Audible kek

The entire human race thought this because of cod

this gives me idea. Has anyone tried shooting cigarettes out of a black powder revolver?

Not me. By the time bf3 came out, I was well aware of real gun mechanics.

Probably some bored civil war troop

I thought bullets were instant and had no drop or travel time. When a friend told me this as a kid I thought he was bullshitting me.

I used to think that nazis were the bad guys

Nah I mean 30 years ago from present day

Somebody making a 50 bmg pistol means no ap .50 cal

No api

No black tips

Nothing

Most of my knowledge on guns came from games when I was growing up. So needless to say I was completely in the dark about anything firearms related.

>because it was always shown ejecting straight wall cases in comics and games, I always thought the M-16 fired 9mm
>in relation to that, I thought the M4 was a superior weapon because I read it fired 5.56
>my knowledge on handguns came from lightgun shooters, so I thought all handguns couldn't hold more than 5 or 6 rounds
>literally thought revolvers held one extra round over semi autos because house of the dead only allowed you 5 shots before you needed to reload
>surely games care about accurate depiction of guns right?
>one day my dad changed my life
>saw dirty monster Laura Croft in game mag
>saw the pistols
>asked dad how many rounds they held
>"at least 14 to be sure"
>autism intensified
>blew my goddamn mind
>like I was literally standing on the front lawn looking up at the stars like I had a championship fight the next day
>"......wow.....14 shots :)"

At any rate things changed when I became a teen, the school library had scores of books on weapons and wars to help me alleviate the condition known as retarded. Xbox came out and caused a series of obsessions in particular brands due to games such as Metal Gear Solid 2 and Rainbow Six (I think you know which brand) but eventually my knowledge expanded enough to where I supassed at least the druggies and thugs, so there was that.

Attached: 1507847911191-pol.jpg (540x429, 31K)

Like AP is that useful out of a .50. Anything AP can go through most FMJ will also dispose of it.

I used to fundamentally not get how magazine-fed handguns worked. I had a revelation when I watched fucking Austin Powers and someone reloaded on camera.

I mean, grain can refer to powder though...

I'm fairly certain there is a Darwin award urban legend for an idiot that got his mate to shoot him with a cigarette butt.

>used to think the UNSC from Halo was the real military
>had an argument with some guy in first grade because when he said USMC I thought he was misspelling the abbreviation of the same entity

Titty, TITTY monster

Fuck you phone I type what I want

Attached: 1487659574006-co.png (348x332, 42K)

Is the brand HK?

I and many others I know used to think World Ear 1 and 2 was actually spelled/pronounced "War War 1/2"

I thought grenades peeled back like bananas when they exploded. I think i saw it on a cartoon and thought that's how they actually worked

I thought stealing and killing was "evil".

Yep, USP's and PSG1's and G36's for days. What didn't help back then was that I was in a clamor for identity, and I'm half German, so guns made by Germans being shown as the ultimate weapons caused me to have an aspie overload over them.

>marries a litteral retard
pic related, its your bedroom

Attached: IMG_7105.png (1373x833, 59K)

sometimes they do work that way~
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSS_silent_pistol

Not quite inaudible but they can be literally quieter than a fart
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Lisle_carbine

I thought that World War II was still going on, that Hitler was still alive, and that 9/11 was done by Japanese Kamikaze pilots.

Attached: 47814_89860919.jpg (1500x1895, 359K)

>thought submachine guns were meant for use on submarines
>every soldier in the military carries both a rifle and a pistol
>thought bolt actions were way more powerful than semi-auto because gas system steals propellant
>thought paratroopers were part of the air force and not the army

I do take pride in the fact that I knew how to pronounce "Corps" in the Marine Corps correctly.

>>thought bolt actions were way more powerful than semi-auto because gas system steals propellant

that one is true though.

This. Plus the rear sight on an MP5 looks like it unscrews, so I thought that’s where you poured the gas.

MP5’s aren’t even gas operated, but somehow I made that connection.

Smoking kills

When I was a little kid I though guns just "worked"
I didn't think if they had any little parts in them. I simply believed they just worked. and that every once and a while you would need to put more bullets in the gun
I also didn't understand the concept of cartridge's so I always wondered why little pieces of metal always came out of the side of guns

I still get a neon technicolor Miami nights 80/90s tactical special ops vibe from HK handguns.

Cute!
How's goes it with a dummy gf

I used to think ammunition factories had thousands of people making cartridges one at a time on a single stage press.

My god did that one fuck me up, I was watching a documentary on Vietnam weapons and the second they said thevm60 was 'gas operated I was all "well fuck that gun, you gotta carry a can of gas along with all the ammo?"

T H I C C

Attached: 1528976750274.jpg (640x360, 44K)

>ork detected

In Call of Duty MW2, an EMP goes off and all your weapon sights/flashlights stop working. I always wondered why the guns didn’t get disabled by the EMP

In 4th grade I always played Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator and was (heh, now I'm a real pilot ;-) ) super into airplanes, as well as having just watched Battle of Britain. 9/11 happened, teachers were ordered not to tell us anything all day, so when the rumors were spreading around the cafeteria I became convinced and convinced those around me that some kind of a fleet of HE-111s was carpet bombing NYC.

Nah, if you look closely he has a round in his mouth. youtu.be/vPPiHCkDNNI?t=144

I thought somewhat similarly. I never understood the cartridge thing either, even though my dad had an m1 carbine he'd shoot every once in a while. I thought the whole cartridge fired despite having the spent brass. It just never made sense at that age.

That you could put two pistols together to make a submachine gun. The logic being than on an SMG, the magazine is forward of the trigger.

Attached: retard.jpg (800x600, 99K)

>t. Ork

This is the funniest thing I have seen today

Funny you mention that, Vice City made me get that feel with every gun featured in it. It also made me think revolvers were superior weapons to auto loaders because you needed to use 4 rounds with the semi auto but the mighty .357 Insta-power-ranger-death-flops them all in one shot

Attached: 1508370174407-trash.jpg (800x800, 115K)

jesus, how the fuck old are you now that you didn't know this much about guns 6 years ago?

underrated

>MP5’s aren’t even gas operated
Oh? You sure about that?

I thought black powder came from cave people. Why you ask? Well when I was very young, my family toured a cave called Cumberland caverns. They told us how people used to mine components for BP during the civil war there, and that some lived in the cave. So I naturally thought that black powder came from cave people and even argued with a teacher about it in 6th grade

All these threads are amazing at pointing out how underage so many people here are and then all the arguments you see daily make so much more sense.

Roller delayed blowback. Not gas operated

19. Grew up in suburbs so not many guns were to be seen. Just started getting into shooters back then