Suggestions?

I'm looking to buy a bolt-action rifle, preferably with a non-detachable magazine that can be loaded with clips. Rifles under .556 need not apply. Does Jow Forums have any suggestions?

Attached: 574_1-1920x693.jpg (1920x693, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gfiXFyIbOZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally any milsurp bolt action

Steyr M95, the OG en bloc clip rifle

Are you planning on reloading? If not, then how much are you willing to pay for ammo? I think .308, 7.62x54r, and .303 British are the only caliber options that you can find for under $.50 a round these days with .308 being the cheapest of the 3. If you don't give a shit about how much it costs to shoot, then just go to a gunshow, see what you think looks good, and go from there.

Absolutely no interest in reloading, but thanks for the info.

>.556

Yugo Mausers
Spanish Mausers
Turkish Mausers
Lee Enfields
Mosins
all can be had for under 400 in great shape

yea my b

So is ammo cost a consideration or not?

I've owned an Enfield, Mausers, 1903 Springfield, and a Mosin.
Of all these my favorite by a wide margin is the Mosin.

Real shit?

Why?

(You) have terrible taste then

I find it by far the most shootable. It is more comfortable somehow. The round is much more powerful than a .303. The 7.62 x 54mm and the 8mm were comparable...but the Mosin recoil is less harsh than a Mauser.

The bolt action on the Mosin is smoother than the others. It is as accurate as the others.

I just like it more.

>I've owned an Enfield, Mausers, 1903 Springfield, and a Mosin.
No you don't. The only thing you own is the mos(h)i(t)n.

>The bolt action on the Mosin is smoother than the others.
That's just because the tolerances are really low. I wouldn't call it a quality action, but I still love mine because it has a certain character that other milsurp rifles don't have. I don't know. I like them too. 7.62x54r is a cool cartridge.

>mos(h)i(t)n
You're really reaching on that one.

How am I supposed to respond to that? I sold the Springfield and the Enfield because I didn't like them, but all I have to do is turn my fucking head and I'm looking right at the other fucking rifles! Geez!

Sporterized M96 in 6.5x55 Swedish, with the clip guide still intact. You get all the benefits of a military rifle while saving a bit of weight and length, along with some cash.

Horrible horrible taste, my Ishapoo is leagues more fun than my pristine 91/30. Top contenders are my RIA 1903 and a Krag.

Forgot to mention, price under $700

>That's just because the tolerances are really low
The tolerences are perfectly adequate to its intended use. And the rifle shoots better than I do. The rifle is nearly indestructible.
Watch iraqveteran8888 try to blow a Mosin up. It's unbelievable

youtube.com/watch?v=gfiXFyIbOZw

>The round is much more powerful than a .303.
They're within 100fps of each other with same/similar bullet weight, and that's even with the 91/30 having three and a half extra inches of barrel to help.
>The bolt action on the Mosin is smoother than the others.
Either shitposting or noguns. Try shooting them side by side, I've yet to encounter a Mosin that didn't have a sticky bolt, while of the other 3 the SMLE is smoothest, and the Mauser action can be stiff to open but has good positive extraction and is only a little stiff.

>I've yet to encounter a Mosin that didn't have a sticky bolt
Learn to properly clean out cosmoline, scrub.

>I've yet to encounter a Mosin that didn't have a sticky bolt,

Well I've experienced a miracle...because mine doesn't stick.
I find this anti-Mosin theme here very strange and nonsensical.

>It's the cosmoline that's causing stuck cases, not the shitty rifle
Let me guess, you think having to bitch slap the bolt two or three time to get it open is ok because, "you must use rifle like drunken slav."

Must be a miracle, because I've owned 3 and shot a dozen others.
>strange and nonsensical
So you're sample size of one disproves the single most common complaint about the rifle?

Pro tip, 90% of the time it's not cosmoline.

>preferably with a non-detachable magazine
Maximum overgay

You disgust me.

Attached: 1542032629048.jpg (351x351, 21K)

Why?

Swiss K31. Mag is typically reloaded with stripper clips but it can also be detached if needed

There is no why. He's just being a pain.
Non detachable mag rifles are cool.

Just figured with all the legislation that is bound to come might as well buy something I don't have to give up later.

Bolt action rifles with detachable magazines almost always require removing the magazine from the rifle to reload it. It doesn't make sense to deal with removing an expensive and easy to lose part in order to reload a rifle that isn't meant to be fired quickly in the first place.

I've noticed this thought process is becoming more common on Jow Forums lately, and I really can't discount it.

>He doesn't think bolt actions won't eventually be on the chopping block as "military grade sniper rifles" that require licensing and safe storage laws to save children from attacks like the Beltway Sniper

Attached: 1458410778354.jpg (400x336, 65K)

>I've noticed this thought process is becoming more common on Jow Forums lately, and I really can't discount it.
I can. Don't give anything up. You both deserve to lose all your guns. And manhood.

>he's going to give up anything
It's a shame you gutless fags share this board with actual people

>Rifles under .556 need not apply.
17HMR

thanks

So what do you propose? Just dying for the fuck of it? Becoming a single issue fighter in a civil war where guns will be quickly overshadowed by other issues and very possibly will be no safer than before even if the claimed pro gun side wins?

Add MAS model 36 to the list, but the ammo is pricey if you don't roll your own. My MAS is my favorite milsurp bolt action rifle.

Protip: Don't buy a mosin. They're overpriced now for what they offer and ammo keeps going up thanks to import bans.

Milsurp in general I recommend staying away from these days unless it's in a more widely available caliber or you're a collector. Milsurp is no longer surplus.

Spanish Mauser
i have one, it is good in 7.62mm or 7x57mm

Attached: wm_10469133.jpg (640x480, 78K)