Long story short; I need a handgun and long gun for an excursion far away from civilization...

Long story short; I need a handgun and long gun for an excursion far away from civilization, meaning I'll be on my own with no chance of help coming.

It needs to be something reliable and poweful enough to handle most kind of threats. Not to sound too /x/, but any recommendations against any kind of uncommon and "different" types of threats?

Attached: 33fdc95e98243fb8ae056baa148d46b3.jpg (4608x2200, 1.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Adventure-Medical-Kits-Ultralight-Watertight/dp/B000G80KZQ/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1532634122&sr=8-3&keywords=Adventure+Medical+Kits'+Ultralight+&+Watertight+.9&th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

G19 and 12ga.

12 gauge pump shotgun and 357 magnum revolver

What kind of uncommon?
If normal munitions will be acceptable, then an FAL or other battle rifle will be an exceptional choice for the rifle.

A .357 magnum revolver or 10mm Auto pistol will also be a good choice for a sidearm.

As far as shit that would require /x/ ammunition to slay, you’ll want a break action shotgun of some form depending on what is required, over under being the most versatile.

So tell me. What do you intend to kill?

Attached: FCB95C12-887B-44EA-B224-BB3774E4110A.png (756x576, 33K)

something for big threats and something to shoot small things

like a 12ga shotgun and a .22 handgun
or a .22 rifle and a large caliber handgun
or a shotgun and a 9mm handgun
or a rifle and a 9mm handgun

a bolt action rifle and a super light mossberg shockwave

There's an old mine near Chloride City in Death Valley. Apparently there were rumors of gold being discovered but that mine and near by settlement was abandoned after the water started turning black and miners began to disappear. There some local myth about demon gaurding some treasure in those adits and I wanna search for myself.

Attached: bdcbb71dea2ed0fda8d28b1e16f52432.png (1280x1066, 938K)

Attached: saintpistol.jpg (633x855, 56K)

AK and Taurus Raging Judge

Attached: raging judge magnum.jpg (640x380, 20K)

unironically this

If that's in Cali, then you need Cali compliant guns.

Big and heavy to minimize ricochets. 12 gauge, and .45, there are heavy semi auto rifles but they are generally cost prohibitive

Hmmmm.
Do some reasearch on what kind of demon they believe it is.

Some things like surplus rifles that have seen the battlefield and have been aged in blood and death are believed to have the power to kill shit that otherwise couldn’t be killed.
White ash, holy water, blesses ammunition, melted crucifixes, and fucking flechettes (made of pure iron) could do you some good.
Bring a rifle that can take a bayonet and has been used in a war, like a Gew. 98, non-refurbed mosin, Lee Enfield. The works.
I personally would bring pic related albeit with more ammo.
The enfield’s a 1944 Savage that i’m Fairly certain was beat up so bad she got completely overhauled post war. If that doesn’t work the Webley has no import marks, is 1915 dated, and is shaved for easy handloaded ammo production as well as quicker reloads.

As for you, it really just depends on why your lgs has that’s been used.

If you want to go full vampire hunter a break action shotgun will do though.
I may go both routes with custom shotgun shells for good measure, just to ensure every possible spook is covered.

Attached: DBDCC1C6-254C-4DFC-BD3B-426C7424D887.jpg (2048x1536, 779K)

wasr and any version of an beretta 92

You really won't want to use a conventional rifle underground, and it'll be even harder to use with a bayonet affixed

Attached: Sgt._Ronald_H._Payne_Tunnel_Rat_Vietnam_War_1967.jpg (990x708, 166K)

It's near Arizona and death valley has little to no law enforcement so I take whatever the hell I want.

This pic is the old abandones mining settlement.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-05-20-34-14.png (1080x2160, 2.59M)

Whip. Loincloth. Balls.

If you need more than those 3 things for a hunt you should stay the fuck home.

That's the mine entrace nearby

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-05-20-34-56.png (1080x2160, 2.54M)

You may not like it but this is what peak autism looks like

Attached: AT1614_d.jpg (1000x1000, 282K)

And heres a closer look of the mine entrance. Apparently it goes pretty deep, should I bring a respirator?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-05-20-35-04.png (1080x2160, 2.56M)

Scout it out first. Personally I wouldn't go further if I thought I needed a respirator but you won't know until you look

Then why a long gun at all?
Shotguns don’t spread enough to properly justify them in this sorts of spaces.

A carbine would have it bear for length, and I wouldn’t suggest keeping the bayonet affixed, only to have it in reserve. A knife style would be preferable.
Surplus firearms will receive less attention from the police as well although you don’t seem concerned.

Definitely bring a respirator and avoid yellow colored water within the mine. Do not disturb that shit. It will kill you.

M8 you're going to fucking die.

Attached: 889c982cdef18aa5f299daff0983d796.jpg (800x1129, 179K)

Are we going to go looking for this one like dune kune?

Well if that's in Cali, then your options are going to get a little slim.

Your best bet will be a shotgun of some kind and a backup pistol.

For the shotgun, you can't go wrong with a Mossberg 500 and a variety of shells (buckshot/slugs for defense, birdshot for hunting if needed). Alternatively, since you're gonna be doing a lot of footwork, a Kel-Tec KSG-12 is a solid choice. Surprisingly reliable, lightweight, and huge capacity.

As for pistol I would go for a Glock 22 or 20 if you wanna go the 10mm route. The G22 in .40 will give you more capacity, easy to tame recoil, and is a bit cheaper, but both will offer reliability and accuracy with any ammo you choose. Wildcard pistol option is a Taurus Raging Judge, with the option to load .454 Casull, .410 shells, .45LC, or even .45acp with moon-clips. Hard cast .454 will fuck up anything that walks, crawls, flies, or spooks on the continent.

Attached: Bsb04W7CQAAOuXI[1].jpg (599x903, 66K)

Long guns produce more force for a given projectile, and aren't usually as tightly restricted (21 for handgun), plus, outside of the cave a long arm is better

But yeah, I'd just take a heavy-for-caliber handgun

I have a 1911, but I only use ball ammo cause it's not to fond of hollowpoints. Would that be strong enough?

Such a long gun would probably be cumbersome in a mine no? I have an 18 inch PTR, but it's a bit heavy. I also have a 16 inch AR that's a bit lighter. The only shotgun I have is a 20 inch i shot Maverick 88, kicks like a mule but it's not too bad. As for hanguns I have also have a 92, a CZ compact, a Glock 17, and a GP100.

Yeah I think I'll bring one just to be safe.

*sips*
Get you a Judge.
.45 Long Colt loaded up with extreme penetrators for the big stuff, buckshot for the medium stuff, and birdshot forthe small stuff.
You can also load your own shotshells with custom anti-creeper ammo (silver balls, wood flechettes, whatever).

Guys I'm planning to head out in 2 weeks so I can go to the gunshop tomorrow and buy something better if I have too. I only have 700 to spend tho so pls be reasonable. Should I just go full meme and get a G20? I've never fired 10mm so not really sure what I'm in for, but wouldn't my GP100 be enough for a pistol?

When do you plan on embarking to this potential portal to hell?

Attached: 0hjzcqu8ho511.png (640x633, 349K)

Keep the GP100, buy some hot, hard-cast ammo for it (Underwood makes good stuff).

For the long gun, either go with the 16" AR, buy a 10.5" upper for close quarter mine exploration, and buy a decent light and optic.

Also, a sling on your rifle or shotgun will make your life so much easier on treks.

do it come to mine and bring friend maybe not guns you will not need them or protection it is old and you are safe therein

Don't forget to bring a decent First Aid kit as well. Here's a cheap, ready to go option.

amazon.com/Adventure-Medical-Kits-Ultralight-Watertight/dp/B000G80KZQ/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1532634122&sr=8-3&keywords=Adventure+Medical+Kits'+Ultralight+&+Watertight+.9&th=1

Just a normal $200 maverick 88 12 gauge when you're topside.

Get a glock 17, with a stream-light for when you're underground. Ultimately though, you need to have several poison gas detectors with you at all times. You need several lights with you, at all times, you also need to realize that if you have to cross any wooden structures in any adits, stopes, shafts, or crevasses you are to turn around at that time: as any shift caused by your movement can bring the ceiling down on you.

I know this is just a fun thread, but if you really get into something spooki dooki, and 17 rounds of 9mm from a distance of 4-5 yards don't bring it down: nothing will. For bonus points, order some buffalo bore 9MM outdoorsmen loads: total pass-through on coastal black bears.

I know most threads like this are total memes, but don't go dragging a mosin around underground because some autist read in a greentext that "battle worn" weapons can kill demons. If it's a physical creature, any fighting cartridge will suffice. If it's not physical: I truly hope you believe in God and have been to confession.

-t Spelunker and backpacker whose been all over God's green earth and hasn't run into anything that 9MM / 45ACP / .45LC couldn't cure.

Attached: 1543461803724.jpg (750x684, 260K)

Depends what you're hunting.
Generally, you can't go wrong with 12ga - they make every shell type under the sun, and reloading custom loads is easy. I load mine with holywater-infused wax, wormwood, and a little bit of silver for general purpose stuff. Your needs may vary. If you're opposed to shotguns, I'd honestly recommend an AR just because of the simplicity. Other than that, you're just going to be looking at boltguns, which aren't ineffective, but wouldn't wind up being my first choice.
Depending on if you're hunting spiritually, True Faith may be required, which you can't just really pick up on a whim. Daily reminder that knowledge isn't True Faith. You might look into popping down to your local Orthodox Catholic church : they typically are down to bless firearms and other weapons. I recommend it.
Anyway, good luck, user! Remember not to skimp on your bug-out bag, pack some kosher salt, plenty of respirators, batteries for flashlights, etc etc. You'll do fine. Take pics and let us know how it goes.

Attached: 1530193396705.jpg (477x724, 117K)

>GP100

180 Grain Buffalo Bore Hard Cast Outdoorsman.

Order it, sleep tight at night.

There is no creature on the North American continent that will not be put down by 5 rounds of that load.

I have some buffalo bore hardcast on hand already.

I wanted to bring a trusted friend, but he's too chicken shit and he's working too. So I'm on my own. I'd ask a Jow Forumsomrade, but I don't want to be kidnapped and forced to eat brownies in some demonic cave.

Be prepared for snakes

>Orthodox Catholic Church
>True Faith

If he has to get his gun blessed, he doesn't have it.

>Holy Water Wax
>Wormwood

Stop meming, you're going to get this guy killed when he a mountain lion gets assmad when he finds it bedded down.

Decent 22 pistol with scope to kill as many varmints that your near unlimited supply of ammo can hit and whatever you have experience killing big game with. 12ga/308 volt/ even ar15 can score. Just know you’ll be lugging the shit around so don’t get retarded on rifle ammo.

Thanks friend, the wood structure advice is good. I'm guessing if the ceiling falls on me or I break my leg than it's light out huh? Before I go I'm gonna call my mom and friend and let them know that I don't call back by a certain time to please call the police.

>im going out into the wilderness to a place no one can help me
>im so helpless i need nerds on Jow Forums to tell me what gun i should buy
>i call myself a grown man

kys

This user is mostly correct

Demons or unclean spirits will more than likely try to possess you, sothe best defense against a demon is the Gospel of Salvation. However you will more than likely be unable to do anything more than scare it away as only individuals with the authority of Christ have the power to exorcise demons.

But if the demon were to attack in a corporeal form, then heavy firepower would be necessary. Demons are have been attributed to possess animals, but i think the largest animals in your area are just coyotes. Regular .30 caliber rifles should be adequate. A 10mm sidearm would be a good back up.

Good hunting

deffo a 12 gauge shotgun
fill the shells with salt, holy water, napalm, etc.
best adaptable weapon there is

Kill those big wolverine, badger niggers user also, helmet cam livesteam?

Attached: 1543697271331.jpg (640x458, 62K)

Buy a locator beacon. It may not be accurate going through several yards of rock, but all it takes is one of the thousands of pings it'll send out every 5 seconds to reach a satellite for a distress signal to go out.

I carry one of these when I backpack alone. You need to carry one: especially if you get bitten by a snake and the act of driving yourself out could make it worse.

>chloride city

OP if you know what's good for you I'd reconsider.

How dangerous could a possessed coyote be?

Attached: 19133e1c07ee84ac7677fc94cffb0d81.png (486x562, 224K)

If you're going into a cave, you'll want a shotgun. Load several types of shells. Fill em with all the stuff others are posting. Iron flechettes in one, white ash in another, etc. If you can get some dragon's breath rounds that'll do good for you as well.

Anoint the weapon in holy water/oil and say a prayer for hunting evil. Might be a problem because you're not going there to kill a demon, you're going there for wealth (greed) and the demon is just in the way. Basically, unless you plan to donate all of what you loot from there you've got enough greed in your heart to risk losing your life over and you'll be fucked,

Never fired a gun in a mine before but if it's anything like an indoor range, then you should probably go with a pistol and not a rifle or shotgun just to save your ears in case you get excited and shoot something. I'm assuming you're also going to be hauling a lot of other crap with you. Get a Glock 19, three magazines and call it good. Also if something were to happen to your Glock you wouldn't feel bad since it's not too expensive. Are you looking for something or just exploring? You're not looking for the Mogollon are you? Don't forget all varieties of sasquatch are social and come in packs.

Stop, just stop.

You're going to get the poor bastard killed.

None of you memers have ever fired a gun underground. You're going to get him mauled by a mountain lion when his epic big ass shotgun misses and concusses him to the point where he's combat ineffective when the mountain lion he just woke is on him.

Attached: 1520703457166.jpg (480x363, 14K)

I heard that sometimes there are visual omens that appear when someone is walking towards their death. i.e black coyote watching you from afar or raven landing nearby and cawing

ok

He's looking for cursed gold

Attached: 1543961134215.jpg (480x480, 19K)

Ever find anything interesting or is it all rust and dust down there?

Whatever you do, don't buy a fucking Glock OP

I like this thread OP.

Realistically I'd take some kind of survival rifle or pistol carbine, shotgun for game/protection, and a falchion for spoops

Possessed people are able to break out of chains and imprisonment.

Im not sure how that translates to animals, but I'd imagine it take a few more shots.

>no fun allowed
no y

>39920377

Found some gold (im talking maybe 1/4 oz total), some neat old relics, lots of critters, and been fucking spooked several times.

Rule of thumb is: the easier it is to get too, the more likely people have already taken anything of value.

You really do need a partner though: helps if you get turned around. A gopro can work too in a pinch, as you can just sit down, watch your video and see which turns you took, and do it in reverse.

Looks like I'll be checking this area out too, albeit in 2020.

Not that guy but he's talking about demons. More /x/ than Jow Forums but spirits dont fk with iron/white ash.

But v understandable that animals are gonna be down there instead of demons and idt I'd enjoy firing a shotgun in a dark mine.

Try to find OP's skeleton

What happens to dune kune. It's been a while since I've been on here.

What have you find while spelunking that needed shooting?

t. terrified skinwalker who doesn't want a snout full of buckshot

Yes.
Tbqh something like a tanker sized Mauser or a lee Enfield Jungle Carbine would be absolutely darling for such a situation though.

Compact, light, meets all requirements, heavy hitting, stripper clips, a knife because fuck you, and Cali compliant.
This user has an excellent concept in the gopro.
I live on the opposite coast but given a chance i’d Love to bring my weblet and have a jaunt through the dark.

That's what we'll look for I guess, if we never get updated.
OP, fucking update us before you leave and after you get back
Sex doll user went after them and couldn't find them.

Snakes, pissed as fuck possums and raccoons. Mountain lions some times cache their kills to "ripen" near the entrance of caves. That's not a fun thing to find without having a gun.

Marlin lever gun in 45-70 and a Glock with a flashlight and high cap mags

Attached: TransparentHVT_large.png (480x480, 460K)

Sure I'll keep you guys updated. If I find anything I'll share it. However if I do find gold I'm keeping quiet due to IRS fags screwing me over.

I'd expect nothing less, thanks user. If you never turn up, at least expect us to hopefully find your remains in 2020, preferably not at the bottom of a mineshaft.

File a mining claim, find investors, get one of the 3 remaining stamp mills up and operational (or the cyanide plant) and get to work faggot. I guarantee you the claim is still on the books and just needs to be refiled.

-t Spelunker bro.

Attached: 1517689797864.png (1080x1080, 1.14M)

Your post seems defense orientated. IMHO the obvious choice is going to be a 12g followed up by a 3-6" revolver in .357 or .44. Mostly .357 since your bothering to ask implies you aren't some magnum revolver aficionado and .44 is considerably harder to get proficient with. Reasoning is pretty simple, defensive use will involve something attacking you which will necessitate it gets close to you, ergo the main benefit of intermediate and full caliber rifles is negated. Engaging point targets at 500m is not a concern for you, stopping a something or someone from attacking you 7-50yrds away is your overwhelming likely situation. Within close quarters a 12g shotgun will cause the most meaningful wounding per pull of the trigger of anything short of a magnum hunting rifle while being reasonably handleable in terms of recoil and extremely forgiving in terms of marksmanship with shot being used. For uncommon threats the shotgun is peerless. If it fits it ships whether its silver, cold iron, wood, or elemental sodium, and less projectile worthy ingredients can be used as a shot buffer. Very easy to cover all your bases or tailor a specific load while with a rifle you're essentially stuck chucking your run of the mill lead and copper. Again, from a defensive mindset the revolver makes great sense in this setting when coupled with a shotgun. It's main use is as an extremely close quarters defensive weapon, either too close to use your shotgun or its out of service/ammo and you got caught up to by whatever irregular you've ran afoul of. Either way you're talking bad breath distance if not actively fighting hand to whatever. In these sorts of confines an autoloaders capacity advantage is worth a lot less than a revolvers inability to malfunction due to slide interference and capability of truly devastating hard contact shots. Your usage is essentially "what handgun would i want if i had to use it while already wrestling a bear"

Guns are for pussies. Fight the demons bare fisted like a man.

Listen up OP, I need to contact you. This is unironically extremely important please tell me where I can reach you.

OP You'd better get in here

Attached: wot.png (500x464, 587K)

T. Satan

The demons are already after you, OP, be on your guard.

Go with the .308 Winchester. That round can take any living critter on the planet...Don't let these city bois tell you it's not enough gun for skinwalkers and squatch, it totally is.

i don't think those kinds of things exist

how could they? if demons and such exist then that means there are also "godly" things that exist that will protect you from them, r-right?...

Attached: slug.jpg (627x481, 57K)

Being a fuck who is stuck in California, trapped behind enemy line if you will, I will say rangers and law enforcement are very spooked by any kind of stuff like that. If you go out and they see anything that isn't compliant a lot will call some kind of back up. Went hiking with a revolver this last summer after having lived in Utah and they treated me like I was trying to commit a terrorist act. 8 officers with shotguns for someone with a revolver hiking. So be careful. Make sure the area does not prohibit carrying and that you can have a pistol or shotgun. That being said rock island m5 12g is a good start. Cheap as hell and you can bang it up and it will still work.

Attached: 2014-08-19T061644Z_103507550_GM1EA8J12U601_RTRMADP_3_USA-MISSOURI-SHOOTING.jpg (960x661, 82K)

If a creature can take a .308 and or 12g to the chest and head and keep coming I'd be surprised

pitbulls love to be shot at

anyway you didn't respond to the actual content of my post at all

if demons are real then there must be angels right

Wrong, would an angel lets jews exist? But in all seriousness I dont think its angels and devils type shit. Having creatures that allude people are different than evil devils, monsters per say are different

>Wrong, would an angel lets jews exist?

this board is so fucking funny man

but anyway the only way "monsters" as we know them can really exist is if they are manmade in a lab or something like the plot to a lot of horror movies and videogames, actual monsters don't just pop into thin air

Sounds bone chilling.

Attached: carlos.jpg (600x600, 35K)

I wouldnt say that, there are abominations that happens, then they breed then bam, feral disgustabugs.

it doesnt work like that man, if they were actually that different from the other animals they live with they would be killed or would kill them

They kill the other animals, its like the wolves in Finland that got super massive and smarter

Wait. Are you telling me Finland now has elves, Finns, AND direwolves? Perkele!

Stick to a large caliber handgun with tritium sights and a light on it. Don't bother carrying a long gun that you won't be able to use in tight spaces and is only going to be an hassle to move around with.

that may be if there are multiples

but if one is a mutation and is ~crazy~ strong and violent it won't reproduce

OP THIS IS SERIOUS HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU!!??

What if there are multiples

mutations like that aren't common enough for them to all happen in the same litter

Who the fuck are you?

I wish you the best of luck ive always wanted to do something like this but i currently lack the balls

>tfw no Jow Forums friend to do this kind of shit with
>tfw lack balls to do alone
>tfw don’t even know such a place in central Texas