DIY scuba gear with GP5

HELLO! i have idea! this idea is to make a DIY scuba for cheap! so i started off this idea thinking, well id get a scuba tank, somehow attach a gp5 gas mask with a hose to it and then use it to dive in the lake at my дaчa! however i found out that scuba tanks cost like 300 bucks and thats way out of my price range! so i found out that fire extinguishers only cost around 20 dollars! so my idea is to empty out the extinguisher and replace it with air! what do you think Jow Forums? my budget is around 50 euros not including the mask.

Attached: gp5hose.jpg (300x246, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrcIWGRVXIo
youtu.be/ZX5hbQxbwBw?t=546
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You are going to get a lot of responses here, I just want to say that this is a bad idea. I wouldn't want to gamble with my life like this

You're going to have to jury rig a pretty amazing valve to manage that
You've got to also adjust the pressure so it neither blows up your lungs or suffocates you
Then there's the issue of finding parts its size and then filling it with the proper amount of air

>regular ass air
full of all kinds of shit
>diving AIR
Specially filtered and dehumidified air
please stop now while you have only wasted your time

Is it possible? Absolutely.
Is it worth risking your life over a few dollars? Absolutely not.
If you have to ask in the first place are you capable of pulling it off? Not fucking likely.

jeez you're such a downer! im sure we can do it!!

OP is going to blow his lungs up.

Why not just make a long snorkel?
Have a hose for fresh air and a separate hose for exhaust. These hoses could be attached to a floatation device to keep them above the water.

actually a really good idea!!!

We need a new gas mask winner, so, do it.

i could possibly get a gardening hose and then ductape it or something to the 40mm gas mask hose somehow then attach one of those arm floaties to the top of the hose!

What ever happened to that retard who wanted to go scuba diving in a river at night with an ancient rebreather?

he went into his bathtub and called it a day

What's our december death count at? Also where do we stand for 2018 darwin awards?

There's a better way user
1. pull the pin
2. put the hose in your mouth
3. really deepthroat that fucker this is important
4. get in water
5.depress the lever
the fire extinguisher is made to blow out the fire, it will be able to provide you enough air in this fashion for 2-3 hours.

Lol, well I hope he had fun at least.

the lake is frozen so ill have to do it in spring sadly

S/k/uba Steve supposedly died from improperly using the gear. Those polish rebreathers are notorious for catching fire if used improperly.

If you weld a diving tank valve, set up an octopus attachment that your mask can connect to, install a regulator on that octopus attachment, sure. Could you do it cheaper than buying an octopus that comes with a regulator, and actual dive tanks? Not likely. However there is a third option: take what you need, and set the dive shop on fire. A few tanks and a regulator won't be noticed in the ash and Carnage that was some one's pride and joy. And hey, no cameras either, they went up in the fire!

OH GOD ITS THE S/k/UBA THREAD ALL OVER

Attached: 1D628251-6E14-48B3-A340-DCFB82090493.jpg (640x633, 65K)

Amphibian Jow Forumsommando II.: The electric Boogaloo

i have a ГП-4У from my grandfather who worked for the KGB which i found in my commie blocks basement but i dont think i can trust its air seal underwater due to straps rather than full hood, plus its a very important mask to me.

Attached: workout.jpg (3120x4160, 1.92M)

he schleep with the fishes

Enjoy the ice cold depth of the sea because you'll be down there for the rest of forever

are you always this depressing? jeez its like some of you cant have fun!

ive thought about this myself. hardest part would be attaching a hose securely to the GP-5 exhaust port, its not threaded or anything

FLEX TAPE

Lmao someone doesn’t understand physics. Op, if you do this you will die

ACTUALLY THAT RUSSIAN SEALANT SPRAY THAT I SEE ON LITERALLY EVERYTHING LIKE THE PLUMBING SYSTEM OF MY COMMIE BLOCK!!! its perfect!!!

you dont understand, the exhaust port on a gp-5 is a weird oval shape. it would be difficult to securely attach a hose on there.

Attached: Gp5_014.jpg (2000x1500, 212K)

Bruh, get one of the emergency oxygen tanks.

nibba the 2 is the exaust valve thats where you breath out the 1 is what we are focusing on lmao

if thats actually your mask go ahead and put it on and put your hand under number 2 and you will realise thats where you breath out and if you put your hand over number 1 you wont be able to breath in and the mask will decompress (which is a good way to cheap air seal)

>Taking a metal canister designed to only hold enough gas to propel fire suppressant for a few seconds and over filling it with enough gas for diving.

Please live stream this attempt.

I know, 1 is the easy part just connect like 10 hoses. other user was suggesting two hoses, presumably so the water doesnt flood the mask when you exhale

na it wont its just exaust nothing will go in! if it did then it would lose all purpose of a gas mask since thats the whole point of them lol

its a bit different exhaling underwater vs exhaling on land. On land your breath has enough force to keep the outside air from coming in, until the valve closes. underwater, you would have to exhale with enough force to prevent the water (which is under more pressure) from rushing in

i found this video with some rich slav who can actually aford a scuba tank and anyway my point is it will work fine! soviet stuff is amazing!
youtube.com/watch?v=QrcIWGRVXIo

Don't forget to bring a knife

"Lest we forgot the Jow Forumsommando who thought a rebreather is good for diving."

Soviet manual stated that you can use GP-5 as make shift diver mask.

Attached: file.png (600x370, 168K)

Just use the straw approach op it is cheaper and less likely to fucking kill you.

Bait. OP can't be that stupid, can he? Possibly underage?

Oh man sounds like those russian rebreathers have a long life if he got to take a nap underwater that lucky duck :)

Oh God, not another "Diving with Jow Forums" thread. It didn't end well last time.

Attached: IMG_3403.jpg (500x503, 96K)

if hes breathing out through the exhaust valve and not just holding his breath, there should be bubbles coming from the mask. that and the audio makes this thing look fake af

this dude got it to work. you can see him breathing out and the bubbles coming up. so looks like you only need one air tube

youtu.be/ZX5hbQxbwBw?t=546

Soon as I saw the image I thought someone was going to copypasta that rebreather thread.

Get proper equipment so you won't die OP, I have a gp5 and that thing does not belong underwater

Nigger just get a very, very long 40mm hose, attach one end to gp-5, attach other end to something that fliats and boom, you can now go underwater.

how DARE you stand where he stood, you piece of shit. you fucking coward.

Attached: download.jpg (194x259, 9K)

The GP5 has a weak-ass butterfly valve for exhaling that absolutely will not hold up to external water pressure. If you dive with that piece of shit the valve will immidiately collapse inwards and flood the mask.

You know...

If you live near a lake or something you can probably test this. As a kid we used to use Mt. Dew bottles filled with air when I was a kid to extend our "dive" which was really just walking around with a chain on a string over our shoulders. Your day as an underwater explorer ended when the string snapped and the chain, ditched when the "diver" ran out of air, remained at the bottom of the lake.

It is my professional opinion as a Jow Forums poster to not actually dive for real with this because you're probably going to get killed.

this

Do we have another Amphibious Jow Forumsommando on our hands?

He imploded, and then caught fire, underwater.

Can you Kommandos stop fucking dying?!?!

ey my dad kicked the bucket at 21 and im gonna break the family record!

Thats what this user is trying to recreate, its like the napalm shotgun shells meme every few months someone tries restarting the thread to get (you)s

You give me too much credit I'm just autistic