AK General /akg/
Get mags while you still can Edition
>Thread #734

Old Thread here

Attached: akmagiden.jpg (882x960, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
youtube.com/watch?v=ENPzyGp6ibo
apexgunparts.com/ak-replacement-parts-new/ak-semi-auto-trigger-parts-set-new-rom.html
rguns.net/shop/yugoslavian-rpk-night-sight-set/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>AK Buyer's Guide (README)

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

Love me some plum 5.45 mags

If only I could actually sell my extra mags desu
Missed the train when people were selling them for dumb money I guess

Attached: F4C4CEE0-FC88-4CE0-85F6-B9850932E60F.jpg (4032x1579, 2.83M)

PKA-Venezuela. Unfortunately the battery exploded and is more or less glued into the battery compartment on it... so that sucks.

Attached: DSC_0890.jpg (4000x2659, 2.72M)

Can somebody show my dumbass how to use the A - 1?
It seems so awkward to use a single point sling so high on my rifle

Attached: A1ZENIT.jpg (2560x1440, 1.03M)

What is good in life?

Attached: 20181208_143019.jpg (3640x1454, 3.7M)

That’s for two point slings

why the fuck would you think that is for single point slings? are you retarded?

Those dubs.
That's to hook the front of a 2-point sling to. Why are you wearing gloves? Are you black?

Holy fuck I'm Wuggy levels of retarded.
If it is for two point slings, why is it so close to the original sling mount?
What is the purpose of this attachment?
It came with the rifle so I'm clueless rn

>blue surgical gloves
Someone plays payday 2
Is that a dogleg dust cover? I don't think I've ever seen one

Nyet.

>are you retarded?
Yes I'm no. 2 behind wuggy
What does it do better than the original sling mount less than 4 inches away?

More flexibility than the original mount

Gets the sling away and behind your hand so it's out of the way. Or maybe the dudes sling was too short.

It’s a b33

Ah I can see that, thanks!
I'll have to get an authentic Romo Gordo sling to complete my Russian SF build

Attached: 1524696299768.jpg (1080x773, 75K)

At least you own up to it.

I would imagine its so you could put the sling wherever you want it. I think it makes it easier to use a forgrip or some other attachment further out on the rail if the sling is by the receiver, out of the way of your hand. If you don't mind the normal sling mount I bet you could sell it.

Attached: DSC_0888.jpg (4000x2659, 2.82M)

Can anybody tell me about this thing? Is this rifle any good?

youtube.com/watch?v=ENPzyGp6ibo

>2018
>not bedazzling your upper handguard

Attached: pd2goldak.jpg (1920x1080, 313K)

fuck I should reinstall. I would run around with an ak as primary and an ak as secondary because fuck stealth LOUD AND PROUD BROTHA

>dude looks like a real butt pirate
>rifle looks like an airsoft gun
>company's first attempt at making aks
I'll pass thx

It's worth it now
Never cared for the customization until I realized the parts are based on their real life counterparts

To answer your question from the other thread:

You know the rails on the receiver that guide the bolt? Take the rails that are on the bolt that run on those and place the rail on the little ear of the gas tube lever. hit down on the gas tube with a rubber mallet or something that won't damage it like your palm. Then use the bolt as a fulcrum to pivot forwards or backwards to open or close with signifcant force that doesn't damage the lever.

This in turn can be done with or without the bolt in the BCG and can be reversed as the BCG rails are on both sides.

If your lever is still very difficult to get on and you've established that its not cosmo and the gas tube is locked in place in its retaining cut then bent the lever slightly outwards so that it still has pressure but is looser to undo.

Sometimes older kits that are wore are loose and thus bent inwards. Newer fresher kits have the opposite issue due to paint and such.

Give it time and let others find out for you. Never buy a new rifle that just came on the market prior to consumer testing and feedback. First runs are usually OK and then quality dips when time goes on.

I haven't heard of the AKG. The kit sounds like a surplus G or Md63 kits.

Attached: 1410-romanianak-47fullpartskitwithbarrelverygoodconditionused-s2.jpg (900x600, 89K)

Gib 103 mags

Attached: 107L.jpg (2218x1479, 1.24M)

Wuggy is a fag and should stick to ARs.

That's all.

Attached: 1545046703795.gif (220x143, 202K)

It's not that the lever is difficult. The actual lip that the lever actuates, the one that holds the gas tube on, impacts the top of the tube. Like, the gas tube doesn't seem like it is setting 100% into place.

In the video he says they're virgin romanian parts kits

Fuck Wumpus
>Long live /akg/

Attached: warishell.gif (245x180, 1.79M)

Yea its not in the retaining cut then. Tap it downwards with a mallet or your palm

So he says. Lee Armory, DDI, Waffen Werks, IO, Century, also say alot of shit but look how those turned out.

You could build your own and have it look identical for like $600ish. Save yourself $300 roughly and know what you have in your hands isn't shit

>You could build your own and have it look identical for like $600ish
This
Brandon does cool stuff, but I wouldn't trust him with 1000 buckaroos

Attached: wasrjesus.jpg (960x540, 54K)

What's a virgin Romy kit cost these days? Like $300-350? Barrel is like 100-150 depending on nitride or CHF. Receiver like 100-140 depending on options.

$12 can of matte black alumahyde II from brownells and bam you got yourself a slick new rifle.

Attached: IMG_20181025_095319.jpg (3036x4048, 3.57M)

Well he's gonna spend the spare $300 on tools, but then he has the tools to do it again.

$450 is a fair price for a pristine G kit

Yea I just picked up a G Kit with OG barrel in minty shape for $440 to my door.

More than $300 but the tools pay for themselves after the 2nd to 3rd build.

R8 my kit

Attached: 20180625_230947.jpg (2322x4128, 1.06M)

>Romy kit
Why? Unless you just wanna build an AK and don't care where it's from, Romania is one of the last countries on Earth still exporting complete, ComBloc-spec AKs built from military parts on military tooling in a military arsenal to the US.

Nice looking, I have that chinese rig too
Helmet is fake I assume?

This
I have never seen an East German Ak in my entire life, Id start there

What camo pattern is that? Looks like it was made by Nintendo in the 80s.

It's just too tight. I think. My buddy helped me with pressing on the barrel and components. I think either the gas block is just a hair too far back towards the receiver, or the rear sight base is too far forward. Pin holes area already drilled and components pinned on...
Would it be possible to slightly trim down the gas tube itself to make it fit? It really is just a hair off.

I believe so, just go slow with a file.

which side would you file down? The side going into the gas block or the one going into the rear sight?

Never done it, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would file the gas block end, as it doesn't have the locking surfaces on it.

I just got an old WASR as my first AK, and I noticed that when I ride the bolt back very slowly, it catches near the magwell opening. If I jar the rifle a little or slap it or something, it'll go forward, and if I let it fly the whole distance or at least ride it quickly, it doesn't catch.
Is that normal, or something I should be worried about? It seems like it'd cycle just fine under normal circumstances.

What trigger/hammer do you have in it? Tapco G2s tend to hang up, and can and should be replaced with a romy fcg from apex.

It's a G2 trigger, yeah.
I'll check that out when I can. How does the Romanian fcg compare to a G2 in feel? I sort of like how it feels but if it's going to cause problems then it's gone.
Are the hangups going to be a big deal when actually shooting the thing or is it just an issue when I'm riding the bolt home?

The G2 is fine and eventually it and the bolt carrier tail will shape to each other. Usually this means the carrier tail peens a little bit, but it doesn't affect function at all.

If you want to smooth it out a bit (compare a G2 hammer to a factory AK hammer to see what I'm talking about), pull the hammer out and take a file/dremel to the humps on the hammer. Just kinda round it out, but be sure you don't touch the strike-face AT ALL or you're gonna fuck your gun up.

Tons of YT vids on how to do it.

The romy feels pretty similar, but I removed the finish from the surfaces of the hammer and trigger that contact each other. It's only about $15. It also solves the issue of the hammer face beating the shit out of the carrier tail.
apexgunparts.com/ak-replacement-parts-new/ak-semi-auto-trigger-parts-set-new-rom.html

How badly did I fuck up getting a Century M70AB2 for my first AK at the ever low price of $575? Only iffy thing is bolt catches on the hammer like the above posts, but it can be Bethesda'd as a hold open feature instead of a bug. Plus getting some Balkan guards off Apex for it.

Attached: CenturyM70AB2.jpg (1276x2230, 1.55M)

Of the Century kit builds, these are generally ok as the company(s) they farmed them out to knew what they were doing. Nice cop. Tritium style night sights or the painted dot type?

The Century M70AB2s were farmed out to smaller builders and are thus actually some of the best Century AKs you can get, though still inferior to their import guns.

They're not timebombs like RAS47s or anything, don't worry. And, as above, the carrier sticking on the bolt will go away as you use the gun, the parts just need to wear into each other.

ss-leto

my hungarian 20 rounders are my favorites.

Tritium on the back and phosphorus on the front. Of course both are long dead. Might refurbish them, idk yet.

Thanks. Only other iffy thing is that the extractor looks pretty worn, but it's not like that's hard to change. I'm pretty well stuck with just Yugo stuff on it though from everything I've read, since those drunken slavs wanted to be unique.

>I'm pretty well stuck with just Yugo stuff on it though from everything I've read
It's not so bad, TONS of Yugo parts in the US these days, and the aftermarket's better than it used to be, what with all the PAPs imported to the US, and metric fucktons of parts from chopped-up Balkan Wars M70s. There's a market and it's a LOT better than it was in 2014 when I bought my Yugo.

Besides, I'd say even with the differences you're still looking at ~60-70% parts compatibility between M70s and AKMs.

>since those drunken slavs wanted to be unique.
It's not so much that Yugoslavia was a special snowflake (unlike the fucking Czechs). More that during WWII, Tito got rid of his Nazis on his own and spent the rest of his life telling the USSR to suck a fart out of his ass because he was gonna do communism however the fuck he felt like it. Which meant when the time came that Stalin was sending every conceivable ideological ally in the 2nd-world weapons, tooling, and technicians to make AKs, Yugoslavia got jack shit because they refused to be a Soviet client state (same thing happened to China and most other non-USSR communist states eventually).

Thus, they literally had to steal AKs and reverse engineer them. That, and Yugoslavia's obsession with rifle-launched grenades, is why the M70 is so goofy.

>Tritium on the back and phosphorus on the front
You got kinda lucky, the rear ones are the harder to find. You can find a front tritium flip up "post" much easier since the M72 used the same front sight component. You could get this set and throw the rear in your parts box for the time being.
rguns.net/shop/yugoslavian-rpk-night-sight-set/
I'm sure if you looked around you might be able to source it by itself, possibly for less.

Tritium is cheap too, as long as you know where to look.
>the tubes are the 1.5x6mm, I got mine from MixGlo
Enjoy your AB2 and get a rifle grenade.

Attached: 001-61.jpg (1024x257, 42K)

>having grenade sights and likely never getting to feel the pleasure of actually using them.
Luckily I'm not going to tacticool it, just putting balkan handguards on. Whether or not they have a gypsy curse remains to be seen.

I'm guessing it's just a dummy nade, or will it actually take off from a blank only with a lackluster landing.

>I'm guessing it's just a dummy nade, or will it actually take off from a blank only with a lackluster landing.
Yes to the first part, not sure what you mean by the second.

Attached: 1514868811381[1].jpg (1920x1080, 342K)

Oh, you mean no 'splosion? Then yes a "lackluster" landing. But there's always Jarts.

Attached: Yugo M68 Lawn Darts.jpg (440x600, 99K)

is an npap a solid choice?

Yes. Just like the WASR the furniture they come with is shit but unlike a WASR M70 furniture is harder to source.

Just make sure you put an ALG or Wolff extra power recoil spring in it.

I took it in Denver too and I didn't have to lock anything up.

wuggy is lying as usual, fingerprinting only happens at contract signing time

ass-tarded idea
make a rifle grenade and fill it with Tannerite™ parts separated with plastic baggies

or fill the casing with one part and aim it at a box full of the other

definitely not ATF approved

How to make dark plum 74 mags brighter? Is there a way? Or do you just have to find them that way?

Do you want a rifle with "the AK guy" engraved on it?

Really need to take an updated pic

Attached: 20180915_154121.jpg (2560x1440, 2.02M)

This. Dont worry, I'll call later and post it here. Debating recording it for extra lulz, what say you Max?

Why's that? That's a pretty nice spread. What do you have that's missing?

Not really sure tbhfam but I know I've gotten a couple here and there to add. Off the top of my head I'm missing my steel valmet

Attached: 20181119_174120.jpg (1440x2184, 1.74M)

Do any of y’all use magnified optics on your 7.62 AKs?

Alternatively, do any of you hunt with AKs?

Attached: 4E7C2C7B-08AB-4870-B382-68B15BD19629.jpg (768x432, 160K)

Yeah, I have a x3 optic on my wasr and a 1-6x optic on my 23inch vepr.

I want to get I to deer hunting but am in a transitional period right now that makes getting the proper classes, licenses difficult.

Attached: Screenshot_20180623-200852.png (1080x1920, 2.65M)

Your cleaning rod is pissing me off. Seat it properly

Got some questions about how AKG zeros:

Setting on the number 2 site mark and zeroing at 25yd will pretty accurately zero you for all of the site marks on the rifle?

Does it zero you for yards or meters?

Where does the POI land when zeroing in this manner and using the battle site settings at 100 / 200 / 300 ?

google.com

Where are the 60rd casket magazine?

Attached: AK74_50rd_mag_545_30rd_Right.jpg (1280x960, 273K)

For 5.56/5.45 rifles use the "2" setting. For 7.62x39 use the "3" setting. Zero to POI/POA. Confirm at range.

Very nice looking 74, and solid image.

I used to mountain bike a lot, plus snowboarding, plus car accidents. There is a picture floating around on here of me getting big rad air dude.

Just trying to get it to aesthetically look as correct as I can within reason.

Nice image. I would crop a bit to adjust the composition.

Breddy damn good.

Did you not bring a phone? They had a little secure lock room with cubbies that I had to put my phone and some other personals in.

It wasn't full on fingerprinting like for an ATF form, just the index or something kinda like what they have at 24 hour fitness during sign it. It was just up front.

Fuck yeah. How do you like the new Xtech mags?
How is the Unity 60 rounder?
Looks like you're missing a steel 40 rounder.

Zero for meters
>Where does the POI land
Depends on the load and barrel length. You'll probably have to do some additional searching but generally a 25m near zero with a standard 7.62x39 load should result in a 250m far zero? I could be way off. Like I said do some additional searching on the matter, as the exact numbers depend on load and barrel length.

Attached: DSC03488.jpg (2825x1468, 1.31M)

What finish to do the Alpha Russian SF inspired AK104? I want something legitimately durable. I don't like cerakote though, I've had poor experiences with it. Parkerize and then high temp appliance epoxy? If so, what brand epoxy?

>Comtacs with headband
>that Yugo RPK with color filled markings
>Multimem Memechanics
>comfy image
Noice.
Yeah the two receivers I've got now are Childers, and they're solid.

>not looking so good for you.
>honestly thinking I went through the work to fake ASVAB scores to convince random people I don't know but that I interact with on the internet that I'm not retarded
There is a story in your head about who and how I am that is entirely fabricated within and based very little on reality, or if it is based on reality, it is based on a limited reality (us just interacting via text and internet)

I don't know what to tell you dude. My recruiter and I did the "pre MEPS" medical form together, and then we got to the concussion history, and he was like yeah, go get me ER records, but we'll make an appointment for you to get your ASVAB done at MEPS while you go get those. So I went and took the ASVAB at MEPS, but didn't do the official medical part of MEPS because I went and got the ER records and was like oh fuck, these all says I've had concussions, and once I told the recruiter that all the ER records said that, he was like well you can take the advice of /meg/ and lying on medical GOOD, but instead I just opted to start going down a different path.

Now I know, so I can help user or anyone else get the right selector notches, and in the event that they get the wrong ones, I can help with that too lol. At least it looks more correct than before, and hopefully it'll hide a bit more once it is pained.

I think I have a line on a push button folder.

>dat RPK
>dose markings
Dank dank

Attached: DSC03469.jpg (3748x2728, 3.06M)

>Just trying to get it to aesthetically look as correct as I can within reason.
That ship's already sailed.

I did google, but my specific questions are not answered.

Are you saying to zero at 25yds using the 3 setting? Where does that put your POI ? What load / rifle details can you give?

See folks seems to say to do a 25yd zero?
I though zeroing setting 2 at 25yd will give you a rorugh zero for meters.

I want to use the soviet belt buckle method

Noone will ever want your help you gigantic fucking retard, you cant even tell the difference between color fill and raw steel from engraving.

We are all counting the fucking days till your stupid ass voted in red flag laws in denver so that we can make a joint complaint and get you ass vanned.

Why there is no 30 or 40 round box mags for ak?
Can get lower than normally but same amount or more ammo.

I mean casket mags

It’s not mine, that’s a pic of what I’d like to do with my basic bitch rifle.

Attached: 35EEAE08-3FF6-4328-B802-2C78EB4BF1A1.jpg (2048x2048, 785K)

Kurwa cię mać

For a second I thought you meant that you wanted to turn that WBP FOX into something that looks like an AR

No lol I’m making it look more Polish

Attached: 9B7CCD92-D87F-46F0-9117-CEAC03D4744D.jpg (3264x2448, 3.27M)

Attached: 23FB0539-4157-4CBA-B9B8-A662EF469106.jpg (2048x1535, 755K)

high speed low drag

The greater taper makes that not as feasible.

Vince has been dark for 3 days. Are his puppers okay?

Hes probably just butthurt his kits got stolen and beforehand we all called his kits getting stolen, and then rubbed it in when they got stolen, with him saying itll all be fine and he'll sick all his insta followers on kilo if he steals his kits.

Well kilo still has his $2000 kit, and sent back an mixmaster abortion with a shit homemade barrel back as a fuck you for blasting him on social media.

Also all the parts were originally illegal, so maybe he got it through his head maybe he shouldnt post about his illegal guns for a while.

But I hope he got raided personally.

Yet russians have made over 60 round casket mags and some pics have what looks like 90 round caskets in the field but opted using 50 round mags for reliability.
Not gonna replace traditional double stacks any time soon.

>Are you saying to zero at 25yds using the 3 setting?
Yes.
>Where does that put your POI ?
Where your sights are pointing if you do it right.
>What load / rifle details can you give?
Standard ball loadings in the 122-124gr range.

>Depends on the load and barrel length. You'll probably have to do some additional searching but generally a 25m near zero with a standard 7.62x39 load should result in a 250m far zero?

You're entirely wrong. Fuck off and stop giving advice on shit you don't even own/know about. You literally have two massive posts within a minute and eight seconds of each other ffs.

Hey man, its not fun to make fun of the mentally disabled.