So how do you want your armor system

>So how do you want your armor system
>just fuck my shit up famalam

Attached: Virtus System.png (964x470, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NtU9p1VYtcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>armour system
that's what the camoflage is for.
NO SLING

Attached: RH094.jpg (450x614, 70K)

I take it that the bowels are okay to not protect as much as the soldiers aren't as likely to die from their wounds - just shit in a bag for the rest of their lives?

It's a trade-off, a heavier plate that could provide lower coverage would limit mobility and range of motion.
Army grunts are tired of being trapped in the larger IOTV, so this carrier was made shorter with critical plate coverage.

Fuck armor.

Attached: CSA Irish.jpg (2048x1260, 2.82M)

I see. Cheers

>That last one
>that COD of duty

protection where it counts.

Apparently a replacement is already underway seeing as most units issued with Virtus have chinned it off massively.

I honestly wish GI's would wear the fucking shoulder pads. They look fucking cool. I hate that they get all this awesome shit and literally throw it in a corner for their whole deployment. Embrace the stormtrooper/ space marine aesthetic already you niggers.

>t. neverserved
Shit's hot and heavy.

like an evening with ur mom

ps. thank you for your service.

I, user anonymous of the Tibetan crocheting forums, approve this mom joke.

>Texas fag
>100 degree Summers
>Wear sweaters during summer
>A little sweat never hurt anyone

Your mom approved my reverse mortgage.

>Wear sweaters during summer
but why?

I hate this 'enclosed mandible 360 degree HUD smart helmet' meme so damn much.
However, it is useful to identify the people who have never had to wear a modern combat helmet for an extended period of time

a little sweat hurts more soldiers than bullets

Ok now go run a couple miles in that or walk 20 miles with a pack and weapon with a sweater on in 100 degree weather

So why not a multi plate solution? One lower and one upper section? Even if its loosely held by a few straps I'm sure that they'd appreciate the ability to resist the enemy's efforts to just aim a little lower.

I understand that good cover will generally account for protecting that section of the body but it just seems half assed. Medieval people figured this shit out a long time ago.

Medieval people also had ways of distributing the weight of their armor across the whole body
Instead nowadays, soldiers wear all the weight on their shoulders, spine and knees

They're already about to start rolling out Virtus Mk3.
Most units only use the plate carrier and helmet.
Some still use the shit webbing but no one uses the spine system, you know, the main selling point of the system.

A loose plate held by some straps would swing around, it'd suck to wear for extended periods.
There's a big difference between mounted knights of antiquity and modern dismounted troops

It's like fucking in the living room with the blinds open or mowing your neighbors lawn without asking. You gotta make sure everyone knows who's boss. It's like you've never been to Texas.

Is the spine system just not functional at all? It'd sure be nice to address the "modern people don't have ways to distribute weight across their body unlike ancient peasants lmao".

It functions, to an extent. It requires constant adjustment, for example if you're dropping rucks and going to assault order, you need to adjust it. And holy fuck trying to go prone with it on, it's basically impossible.

>So how do you want your armor, pham?
>I want the entirety of my intestines exposed to enemy fire
>I gotchu

That's what all modern body armor systems look like, user.

Yeah, and sacrificing bowel coverage for mobility is fucking retarded, but whatever, I'm not the one who's gonna be shitting in a colostomy bag for the rest of my life.

But you forget that looking cool is half the battle. The other half is panic.

Plates are designed to increase survivability of a gunshot wound to vital areas, not make you into a walking bullet sponge like Call of Duty

That's why its better to have a plate, than no plate. I'm glad you agreed with me on this, fren. :P

>vital areas
Dang, I sure wished I took a gut shot to die in 10 minutes rather than a heart shot to die in 10 seconds.

imagine having such a weak stomach that you cant deflect bullets

>They forgot about the Crye™ Chops

Attached: ChoppyChops.jpg (1024x981, 378K)

unironically looks more useful than that big chin shit.

Well I guess you missed the idea of if it takes longer to die you have a higher chance of receiving life saving medical attention.

Reminder that PASGT is best armor system

Attached: a-soldier-wearing-anpvs-5-night-vision-goggles-aims-an-m-16a1-rifle-equipped-0fcc98.jpg (2810x1880, 2.7M)

Its for light vehicle crews, particularly turret gunners.

Seems better than this hot piece of garbage

Attached: IOTV-III-Front.png (600x600, 329K)

Colostomy bags seem a lot more efficient than shitting on a toilet tbhfam

>"Fuck armor"
>posts an army that lost the only war it fought

Attached: 1474761037963.jpg (508x524, 27K)

>70 % of casualties in conventional conflicts due to indirect fire
>majority of hostile deaths in unconventional operations from IEDs, downed aircraft, explosives
>small arms in unconventional operations at roughly ~12 - 13 % of hostile deaths
Let's abandon protection against fragmentation and shrapnel for a simple chest-plate system :DD What could possibly go wrong. After all, platoon sized light infantry operations are the future of combat :D
>The likelihood that women will soon be allowed to serve alongside men in close combat roles is another reason to address the issue surrounding weight.
>But among other complaints, soldiers say its webbing - where ammunition and kit is stored - has been snapping
>But soldiers have said it gives limited space for extra equipment - such as radios and medical supplies - and that if soldiers go to ground with it they find it hard to get back up - "Just about room for a Mars bar and biscuits"
:D

>small arms in unconventional operations at roughly ~12 - 13 % of hostile deaths
gee I wonder Why

Attached: 30299-1024x683-copy.jpg (621x414, 42K)

meh, at least is not FLC

Medieval armor wasn't made to stop bullets

ISA is garbage.

I agree. Helghast all the way

Attached: 794852-killzone_2_helghast__3_.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

>2292
>grunts will still never wear their jackets
>half of them will wear daisy dukes
>plumbers and bricklayers will still whack on stuff to make it fit in
>pt belts yet to be worn

Is the far right one a thinly vailed diaper fetish?

the BIG thonk

Guys only wear that shit if they have to. It's adds weight to your gear, adds protection you don't need most of the time and limits your mobility.

That shit is only useful in a static position such as a guard tower or gun turret. You wouldn't last 15 minutes in 90% humidity in a jungle at a snails pace.

what a sharp little tool you are.

I guess we don't have an entire infantry division stationed in Hawaii that uses similar equipment or anything.

Lol

Ground infantry won't be worrying too much about pack muling equipment in a ruck sack as much once the military perfect these mother fuckers in a few years.
youtube.com/watch?v=NtU9p1VYtcQ
>Toto get the fuck over here you robot bitch!
>Robot dog with a ammo case of mags and belts comes cheetah sprinting to your location up the mountain.

Ghana is wakanda, step aside wyte p pole

Attached: 1547435599879.png (895x607, 548K)

a ha! Ghana love.

Attached: xmhoTFp.jpg (781x580, 73K)

What's wrong with it?

>posts an army that managed to inflict disproportionate casualties onto its enemies despite having literally every military disadvantage conceivable (outnumbered, outgunned, feudal-tier logistics, politically isolated)

ftfy

Attached: Charge+of+the+Tarheels!.jpg (1000x665, 852K)

Amerimutts killed more vietcong yet who ran with their tail between their legs? The germans inflicted huge casualties on the soviets, did it matter in the end?

> the weak should fear the strong
> the strong should fear the many

WE SHALL UNLEASH SUCH TERRIBLE VENGEANCE, THAT GENERATIONS - YET UNBORN - WILL CRY OUT IN ANGUISH

>ayo, gimme a level 3a vest and make it as heavy and bulky as possible
>say no more brohan

Attached: 20180502154510-255a8dda.jpg (2016x1344, 797K)

>awwwww yeeeee feel that spinal compression!
>Thanks famalam

American soldier on a sentry duty Cyber Korean War 2055 (instagram 2.0 filtered)

Attached: 0bf327d817333a8ec0953ea5121146e8.jpg (554x800, 73K)

SAS? using a gut/groin protector in Kenya today

Attached: 50501253_1856340867809498_281269797532991488_n.jpg (591x663, 67K)

IMPORTANT PSA

Do not try to shove that same model morakniv scabbard through a standard molle loop it will go in but be irremovable if you didn't cut the little catch on the sheath first.

t. retard who just did that and had to cut a molle loop.

>muh aesthetics

shoulder pads aren't really that useful in a practical sense. there's no point wasting resources and weighing your guys down purely because it looks cool

The shoulders are two big holes in the sides of a plate carrier. They're only a waste if you are 100% confident your guys will never get shot from the flanks.

>Medieval armor wasn't made to stop bullets
Sure it was. Medieval bullets just didn't go as fast as modern ones.

Attached: 0606da5d3e8ed94eaed123ddd7218c29.jpg (236x345, 18K)

Why are cock and ball protectors so uncommon? I think most soldiers would literally rather die than lose the family jewels. I mean, fuck, even if you're some high speed op8r wearing a plate that's 3 sizes too small and a backwards ball cap, I would think you would at least want -something- protecting your cock, especially since your biggest threat is an explosion coming from below.

If only you knew how to sew you could fix it in 20 second.

even in escape from tarkov this helmet and chops are overpriced and may only save you from 9x18 or 9x19 hollowpoint

Armor remained bullet proof well into the Renaissance

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (736x529, 90K)