SKS's?!!?

What the hell is the going rate on an SKS these days?

Im not asking how much YOU would pay for one, but whats the going rate for one of them

I have a 16" Chinese one with all matching numbers and i want to sell it, dont know what to ask. not in a rush might sell it online, prices just seem all over the place

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 3.53.01 PM.png (1200x332, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lN2IxvDMnHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

$230 for a Chinese one

Attached: 1505966086922.jpg (1197x1133, 195K)

Jesus. That pic is rapey. If it's commercial, ask $500, if it's military ask $600. Let them talk you down ~$75.

really? damn thats awesome, do you think arms list would be the easiest way to sell it?

Its a nice one, ive decided from the markings that it is one of the early imports called a "cowboy companion" it also has a lower (hand stamped) serial number than ive seen online, its one letter and 4 numbers all crooked and shit, but they match all over the gun, even the mag has the matching number

i also have some other shit like a real sling, some strange chinese ammo carrying vest, a sighting tool like 5 different magazines and some other shit

I would be happy with more than $500 but im not sure some listed as cowboy companions are pretty pricey

Ive had a chink SKS listed on Armslist for like a year now at 400. Nothing but boomers asking if it's forsale then ghosting and some zoomer faggot trying to trade a phone for it.
>it's unlocked bro and worth like 800!!

Try and find one at Cabelas with cycling issues. My bud snagged one for $200 (technically $0, traded some safe trash for it) and had it fixed in no time.

its my understanding the 16" barrel ones are much more desirable, and fetch a higher premium

wat does serial #B76XX mean? (x's r numbers obv)

got mine for $350 from J&G. slathered in cosmoline, banged up stock, and finish worn out. I can't believe the prices have shot up this high.

Attached: nlong.jpg (1361x1661, 770K)

>I can't believe supply and demand exists!
>how could something with a finite supply sell for what people are willing to pay?!
>incredible that 2003 prices don't apply in 2019!

More like 200 dollars for a russian on with all the gear.

this is what i have found, but the number its self still seems so low

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 4.25.50 PM.png (1107x284, 142K)

booo ya bitches, what does this mean its worth

pls someone help a newb

so its a sino-soviet matching 16" barrel SKS

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 4.28.37 PM.png (1302x454, 166K)

are you all SKS nerds here?

Prices have even shot up in the last few months :( Used to be 300-350 and now I can't find anything under 500.

is that the standard now? like $500 for an SKS?

its crazy but i guess it is what it is, ive seen people say a good matching SKS should be worth more than a shitty us made AK and those start at like $600.

I think I read china imported (or made) 25 million SKS rifles, and that doesnt count all the others. im surprised they have gotten as high as they are but they are nice rifles.. who knows anymore..

Spoiler:
Within ten years it will be impossible to find any decent-condition un-bubba'd milsurp gun for under $1000.

Screenshot this. I guarantee it.

Snagged a Yugo for ~430 last August. Deals can still be had, just have to look.

Attached: IMG_2541.jpg (3024x4032, 3.81M)

Thank Clinton for the SKS boom

If not for his Norinco ban, we would still be getting chinkshit for sub $200

I don't know jack about SKS rifles but the crunched average price of them I see in my area is around $450 or so

i guess if the price is so high it means people are actually paying that too

It's all about the AR/AK cap

Despite being a better rifle than most budget ARs and AKs, it's not an "assault rifle" so its price cap raises with the cap of the others

I get so angry thinking about a cabal of boomers withholding crates upon crates of brand new cosmoed sks' in a warehouse somewhere.

Attached: 1507951921943.jpg (1200x1300, 308K)

Attached: want.jpg (948x637, 125K)

I’m in Canada. Just bought a chink SKS for 190$ at LGS.

In Canada you can get a yugo SKS for 230 canadollars which is like 20 freedombucks.

Actually not an sks, but still erotic.

Someone should double czech if those are SKS there.

Those are stainless (plated?) SKS paratroopers with heat shields

Somehow America is even more cucked than Canada, chink POS sks' go for like 600 in the shitty fuddshops around me.

Attached: 1505694579510.jpg (640x480, 32K)

>What the hell is the going rate on an SKS these days?
like 350-500 for a norinco

Whats the stock saddle on the shotgun? It looks good.

>buying guns ever at a LGS

Its a parade Vz 52

Attached: vz5257.jpg (368x137, 9K)

Yeah, i thought it was of those stainless ones, was wrong.

this just isnt true. find us one, fag

There are some ok ones, they are small and they are still jews about their retarded revolver rifles.

Attached: OH6BRqm.jpg (4297x1691, 1022K)

Fair enough

I still don't ever buy guns from an LGS

I can find all my guns online for way cheaper

They go for these prices because stupid fucking boomers will blow their SS checks on this trash.

To be fair it's a milled steel carbine that will outlast every plastic piece of shit in your safe

>Chinese SKS
$300-550. if it's a basic spiker full length one, then 300-350 depending upon condition. for a Sino-Soviet model, $350-400 is decent. for a paratrooper/cowboy companion gun $400-550 is acceptable to most people. if it's a Vietnam bring back it should go for more.
>Russian SKS
$400-550 is a fair price for most Russian SKS's. they didn't really make many variants, but for a bog standard one 400 or 450 is fine. in better condition 500-550 is acceptable.
>if you're a leaf...
discount basically all of this; sks's to you are still cheap semi-auto garbage rods you can buy for $250.
>Yugoslav SKS
400-550 same as Russian. weirdly yugo guns seem to have grown in price and scarcity but the Russian ones have become more common and a little cheaper compared to a few years ago in 2015-17. in canada though since they're really uncommon they can go for almost $1000 apparently.
>Romanian SKS
$450-600, a lot are beaten up it seems like (for some reason almost all Romanian stuff looks like it was dragged halfway across Transylvania), but they're rarer than Russian, Yugo, and Chinese SKS's and probably the finest in quality out of the four.
>Albanian SKS
Retarded collector gun worth $600-750. kinda worth it though gotta love Hoxha's favorite bunker gun. seems to only be getting more rare as time goes along.
>East German, Polish, North Korean, or Vietnamese
way too much. most go into the thousands, granted I've only ever seen North Korean and Vietnamese SKS's up on gunbroker ever. East German guns are basically unicorns, same goes for Polish guns (except I don't think I've even ever seen videos of Polish SKS's but they're out there).

Attached: 1525402373796.jpg (1153x2048, 629K)

You are dumb as fuck

Is a regular yugo m59 worth more than the m59/66?
I'm thinking about selling mine.

So why don't syrupers just buy up trunk loads and come down here to sell them for $100 profit apiece?

Attached: atf guy.jpg (374x503, 45K)

Polymerfag BTFO

Highly illegal. Same question was asked back in 2016 when SVTs were 350 in Canada.

Brady Bill Ban of 1992 and 1994

So your local store sucks, move out of the sticks. There are plenty of competitively priced stores, especially in the southern and western states.

>plastics will last thousands of years because they don't break down
>meanwhile bubbas guns rust because its humid outside

No there aren't, I don't live in the sticks I actually live in a well populated area. No LGS has any good deals ever on ammo or guns. You will always find a cheaper gun and cheaper ammo online also NO TAX LMAO

>What is dry rot and heat fatigue

this is true, they are merely a convenience

Not going to happen on these kinds of polymers you stupid fuck.

Same. Bought my yugo from a boomer at a gun show for 435

>dry rot
wtf does this even mean? You mean oxidation?
>heat fatigue
The softening point of these polymers is 600+ degrees you aren't going to get anywhere near that with your gun.

It isnt fair.

Attached: 1507634499901.jpg (562x507, 36K)

You know how old plastic gets crumbly?
Not the softening point. Continuously exposing it to heat and cooling cycles fatigues the plastic

Paid $450 for mine a few months ago from a local gun store. All matching except for the stock. Has a blade bayonet. Came with the sling too. 6 digit serial with a 26 arsenal stamp. It seems like the Chinese ones sell slower. This one wasn't my first pic, but they already sold the yugo I wanted. Shitty pic I know

Attached: sks.jpg (720x1280, 61K)

glocks turn sticky after like 10 years. most of you fags just havent owned guns that long yet, you will learn when your hands feel like duct tape after shooting and it wont wash off

>You know how old plastic gets crumbly?
Not nylons like Nylon 6'6, they're made with other anti-oxidants and anti-ozonants in them. They aren't going to break down for a ludicrously long time far beyond any steel will withstand rusting.
>Not the softening point. Continuously exposing it to heat and cooling cycles fatigues the plastic
No it doesn't not to the degree you think it does. The frame of a glock isn't exposed to such ludicrous heats that the nylon's structure begins to change or un-crosslink. Again this has a LOT to due with its structural properties that allow it to achieve ludicrously high softening points and an even higher melting point. Not all plastics are alike at all so trying to say that "plastic heat fatigues" is absolutely retarded.

A 16" norinco with a side rail is worth a few more bucks than a dime-a-dozen factory /26\, but definitely not that much.

I'd be worried about polymer reacting with certain things. I don't want a gun that's going to melt because I touched it while something was on my hands from work.

>I'd be worried about polymer reacting with certain things.
Dude its fucking inert as shit, its not going to react with anything.

>melt
its not going to melt you fucking retard. Its resistant to most solvents and the solvents that would readily dissolve it would probably cause you cancer like Dichloromethane

you need to go back to highschool chemistry

>that guy trying to sell his clapped out 240sx or foxbody for $10,000

>Current bid: $0.00

check some completed auctions, dingus

$375 paid for this norinco in 2014
The gas tube was completely plugged full of cosmo and the box it came from was from an import company that dissolved in '97. My best assumption is that bubba bought a few when they were like 90 bucks, never fired them and sold them for a good return.
So the amount of joy I've squeezed out of it I don't mind the price at all.

tech sights are incredible by the way, adding a foot of sight radius and it's just stupid accurate.

Attached: 20180312_171424(1).jpg (2560x1440, 2.43M)

and $400 paid for the '54 tula, from a fucking Cabelas of all places, never seen a deal so good there, I have to assume somebody fucked up and priced it as a norinco or something.

Attached: 20170219_164106.jpg (2560x1440, 1.26M)

Pretty hot gat, no bayo?

base $400

Attached: 1506173509868.jpg (2136x1424, 1.38M)

it has a pigsticker but I took it off, i've designated it as my sporter beataround, and the Tula here is my original config safe queen.

I wouldnt, if the trend continues it will only accrue more value. But to your question, i think so.

Attached: 1507848518355.jpg (563x800, 95K)

Direct Energy Weapons DEW
Gonna melt your glock in its holster

Attached: 1472610140632.jpg (600x326, 77K)

youtu.be/lN2IxvDMnHg

Attached: dsruj.jpg (1600x1600, 270K)

Got my chink rifle last year on GB for $400. A couple pawnshops around me had ehem for $475-$550. So I'd say shoot for $500 and see what happens.

Keep an eye on sweaty ben, hes a jew but some of his shit is cheap.

Attached: 1508020641686.jpg (4006x977, 1011K)

where can I get dove tails?

No idea, saw this in another sks thread.

Any chance this would ever get overturned?

tree fiddy

>Antigunners like the ban
>gunmakers like the ban
>ordinary shooters hate it

At least ARs are cheap now.

I was hoping it was some sort of trade ban that might get overturned eventually if countries decide to play nice.

You are fucking annoying

Attached: welcometok.jpg (800x581, 367K)

got a romy 5 years ago for $400,
its worth $800 today.

Attached: pix817984475 (Edited).jpg (567x425, 71K)

This is actually how some people think

Nothing more annoying Arabs offering sketchy planned obsolescent electronics for cold steel.