Optics tread

Any thoughts on Ozark Armaments optics? Looking for my first for my AR. I shoot at an indoor range, have never used an optic, and have astigmatism, for the record.

Attached: Screenshot_20190114-170717_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1080x1295, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DkeGMaq0O98
primaryarms.com/holosun-paralow-hs503g-red-dot-sight-acss-reticle
primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hour-battery-life-red-dot
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sure go ahead.

You get what you deserve

Learn irons then buy Primary Arms as the cheapest option.

Buy it and then tell us how it's just as good as a Trijicon ACOG

>there's always one

Especially with optics cheaping out means buying twice.

great reticle. good magnification. you're gonna love it bubba A+++

I think I would rather use MBUS than this.

This desu

Then again, if you’re literally just sitting at a bench in an indoor range you can probably afford to cheap-out a LITTLE but personally I would disqualify anything under $150 as shite. Not even trying to shit on poorfags but it is what it is. And this is all coming from a guy who held off from buying optics for the longest time because of price tags. Buy once cry once.

>twice
You know he'll get a holosun and primary arms at least before he wisens up if he ever does. Guaranteed all in he'll have spent more than the cost of the ACOG

As many other anons are saying, the qc in these mystery meat chink optics is so minimal, your chances of a solid one are less than winning big on an instant lotto ticket. Assuming you've already got irons, just save until you can get a higher end prism from a more well established brand. If you don't got irons, then get that sorted out first.

You can always make more money. You can't unbuy shit.

Well said

dont buy it its cheap airsoft trash, go with a vortex

If ever you consider buying an optic with pic rail on it, know that the pic rail is for mounting a usable optic.

Can’t tell if this is a sweet joke or not lmao

you can safely assume that any optic with pic-rails on the body of the optic is tacticool chinesium garbage intended to woo noobs

Yes you can, it's called a return policy you fucking brainlet

>more well established brand
you mean all those brands that ALSO pump out cheap chinkshit?

>agree
Pretty much every brand.

>buy 70 dollar optic
>go to the range every weekend and squeeze off a few rounds
>optic works fine
or
>buy 700 dollar optic
>go to the range every weekend and squeeze off a few rounds
>optic works fine

Time is money. Actually its more valuable than money. You can't make up for wasted time.

>Bump rifle on something while transporting/training
>$70 optic dies

>You can't make up for wasted time.
Money can buy anything.

No. It can't.

Yes it can.

Alright, I'll piggyback on this thread for a quick question. I have a basic bitch 20" CMMG AR that I want to put an optic on. I don't really shoot this gun, it's basically going to be a loner AR for friends and family when I go hog hunting. As such, I don't want to spend too much money, but I want it to hold up to both the limited recoil of .223 and the unlimited abuse of people that aren't exactly new to guns, but are maybe new to hunting or ARs. I'm trying to decide between the Bushnell Prismatic, the Primary Arms, and the Vortex prismatic. I don't really want to buy PA, the guys that run that company are PEAK assholes. Bushnell seems to have a pretty good warranty and their model is often packaged with a shitty back up red dot to boot. Finally, I know the Vortex warranty is really good. What do, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1256432116.jpg (400x379, 64K)

this is why a post on Jow Forums actually

No it can't. Look at Hillary Clinton.

I have the optic you posted(minus rds). I've use it on a 16" and it currently lives on a 11.5" pistol. On both configurations it has been good on 12" plates with the bdc. I also have a SPARC 2 on a 16" "do all carbine". Both have served me well and I don't baby them. I can not speak to PA other than their basic bitch blemished red dot I ran on my 11.5" with their in house 6x magnifier. Prior to setting the Burris 332 on it. It now lives on a 7" upper(minus the magnifier) and it has been decent for a range toy and kept a decent group, no problems. The magnifier by PA worked with their RDS however smudged/smeared the SPARC 2.

At the end of the day you'll have to decide how much you want to spend on a loner.

Attached: Burris XTR II.png (1209x936, 898K)

>Look at Hillary Clinton.
Money is keeping her out of prison.
>Please, do go on.

She's eating babies for breakfast lunch and dinner and can still barely function on the most basic level.

So money can buy you great meals and a longer than natural life expectancy?
Sounds nice fammalam.

I've got a Sig Sauer Bravo 4 that is REALLY really good, they used to run over a grand but can be found on eBay for around $400 or a little more used but like new condition. They have adjustable diopter and 50% more field of view compared to a traditional acog.

Attached: nxvjG6v.jpg (800x451, 121K)

>Longer than natural

Why does it look all gay and stuff?

More like something out of Battlefield 2142

Attached: index-0000000000-640x360.jpg (640x360, 48K)

>We won't have another Battlefield that is as creative and fun as 2142 or as fucking awesome as Battlefield Vietnam
>We will never again have the rich modding community of 1942 that gave us Desert Combat that eventually gave us Battlefield 2
Everything the Swedes touch turns to faggotry.

I want a 1x self-powered optic. What are my options?

Good medicine cost money...
Most cannot afford...

>What are my options?
Top tier: Aimpoint, EOTech.
Mid tier: Vortex
Low tier: All others.
> subject to owner reeee'ing

As long as you don't mind supporting Greatest Ally with even more of your money, the Meprolight M21. It's a combo fiber optic and tritium reflex sight that has a good selection of reticles and is tough enough for combat. It's actually not that pricey either, given the merchants that are selling it. There's also a goodly number of prism scopes including 1x prism scopes from Vortex but I'm not sure if they are available with fiber optic or tritium reticles and some kind of illuminated reticle is imho absolutely necessary for anything but rimfire plinkers.

>Swedes touch turns to faggotry
make aimpoints

why are you talking like that

I often feel like we were in the real world, and around 2014 onwards we entered the Aku future like Samurai Jack.

These things are actually decent? I tend to be wary of Vortex. I can't find a self-powered one, but I guess with a prismatic that's not really the biggest deal in the world.
Meprolights look pretty great but that price for a 1x optic still seems pretty high.

Attached: vortex_spitfire_1x_cap-up_fr-t.jpg (800x467, 40K)

I'm assuming all of their new engineers are designing Aimpoints, hence their absence of faggotry, sex outside of first cousin marriage being haram and all.

Attached: 17054597293924341.jpg (468x311, 52K)

She isn't especially old. My grandma lives in a 3rd world country and is older than her.

That would explain a lot.

The Mepro is priced competitively with Eotech 552s and Aimpoint PRO's. Again, I'm not sure how I feel about them because apparently lighting differentials like shooting under the shade at a target in bright daylight can wash out the reticle slightly but they are pretty well made, and they are a self-powered battery-free optic that is built to withstand the rigors of combat, or at least shooting a bunch of rock chucking Palestinian kids.

Is that your grandma on the right ?

Typing, typing like that.
The punctuation expects the reader to understand that the sentence is expressing a "hard point".
Being good medicine cost money which most cannot afford offering a longer life.
>tldr
read a book nigger

Attached: 1474765853311.jpg (550x500, 40K)

what are some good optics that aren't made in chinkland
seems like everything is made there

Attached: GetGudFag.gif (480x250, 1.42M)

those shitty red dots dont even work for airsoft get the real thing

>My grandma lives in a 3rd world country and is older than her.
Yeah that bitch cant read nor count her age.

What does Jow Forums think of these things?

Attached: see-all-open-sight-delta-triangle.jpg (1200x800, 85K)

I'll jump in here, Jow Forums will always trash the cheap stuff but for some people it actually is good enough. With more experience you can appreciate the high quality ones but if you're new to glassing start with a cheaper priced one. Still check feedback and if you can ask others who actually use a model you're looking at. You can return stuff on Amazon pretty easy so you can do a little test yourself and return if you think it's shit. High end optics are crazy expensive but they don't make you a better shot or make range time more fun. All us old Vets qualified at 300 meters with iron sites, you can be a very effective shooter without glass.

Some of the "decent" optics are made in Flipland, the great ones, or have components that are made in Flipland and then assembled in combination with some US made parts here in Burgerland.

HERE WEEEEEEEEEEEEE ARRRRRRRRRE BOOORRRN TO BE KINGS!!!

We're the princes of the universe
Here we belong, fighting to survive
In a world with the darkest powers

youtube.com/watch?v=DkeGMaq0O98

using ellipsis is for faggots. you aren't writing a short story on livejournal.

For my primary rifles I'm going to stick to entry level Trijicon and Steiner (around $700 for a great scope is really not that bad) but again, I'm looking for a decent cheap scope that will help my dad's old eyes enjoy a hog hunt with his son. I'm not taking that AR to fucking Fallujah. Worst case scenario, he accidentally drops it so I don't want to go so cheap that it would lose zero after a waist high drop onto soft soil. I think the Burris kind of meets all my requirements for that rifle, and frankly /arg/ can blow it out their asshole if they can't understand the role of a cheaper scope on a basic AR.

Wow. Why is your ego so deeply invested in an online conversation? I'd take this opportunity for some inner reflection.

Stupid as fuck.

Utter drivel. I have an astigmatism so I tried one, but sold it a week later. Just get a 1x prism scope. You can also use a large rear sight aperture to make a red dot less blurry when looking through it.

what are some good brands? i know literally nothing about optics aside from i don't want to spend money on chinese garbage

>show me where user hurt you

>Ozark

It appears it is a Wal-Mart vendors optic. Caveat emptor.

>$60
It’s going to be a huge piece of dogshit but you do you my nigger

How so? They seem like decent replacements for iron sights, especially now that there's a tritium version. Biggest downside seems to be that they're not transparent, but you can shoot it with both eyes open so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Attached: s-l1600.png (1200x1200, 203K)

>I'd take this opportunity for some inner reflection.
user I'm dead inside there is nothing to reflect upon other than lonely empty cosmic darkness.

Attached: 1510269017214.gif (450x450, 1.98M)

The basic level of scopes that are worth the money but not "muh 1000 yard rifle and muh trust fund money" tier are the Steiner P4Xi, the Trijicon TR series (these come in various magnifications), and Leupold scopes. Primary Arms and Vortex also have mid-level scopes that fall under that price range and are US made, US made with foreign components (possibly Chinese, more commonly Flip in the midrange price point) and Jap made optics (these are their premium lines and are not cheap, but any Japanese made optic is excellent).

ty user

I need a optic for around 175 and under for my AR. I have a shit load of gift cards to amazon. Any of them worth it that price? Holosun maybe?

the sig sauer bravo 4 has adjustable diopter of the ocular lens.

between the three, theyre pretty much the same thing quality wise. just pic whichever is cheapest

Attached: opplanet-trijicon-6x48-acog-riflescope-dual-illuminated-amber-chevron-308-reticle-w-colt-knob-thumbs (260x260, 7K)

Use it on my .22 pistol and ps90. They work and hold zero for my application, which is plinking and varmints. I like that you focus on the target and it becomes clear in your periphery, so you focus on the target with both eyes and bring the reticle to it. Any reticle other than the delta seems pointless, the simple lines are too thin to get a good look in your periphery and the drop line reticle is pointless because the design and nature of the sight obscures where the drop will hit.

>giving gun grabber Washingtonpost owner Jeff Bezos money for a shitty airsoft optic
Buy once, cry once, faggot.

Fuck now I can't use amazon anymore.

Battlefield is dead. Either play 4 again or take the milsim pill and never look back

Which Acog should I get if I want a red chevron, and fixed magnification?

Best ACOG checking in.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-12-00-03-01.png (720x1280, 207K)

Not a 1x but I have the 3x on my AR and I love it.

Attached: IMG_20190114_211139.jpg (3015x3551, 3.34M)

I have owned the vortex 1x & 3x spitfires, own a PA 5X, and a TA31.

The vortex and Pa options are okay. Nothing amazing. They hold zero, but they are HEAVY.

The good ones cost 10x that

check trijicons site dumbass

no. they cost over 100x that.

Bullshit what the fuck
OP don't listen to faggots, literally watch YouTube reviews of people shooting and dropping these optics and you'll see they're more than enough for anything these fattass mallcop wannabes will ever see.

t. A bunch of felons who lost their guns for 7+ years and haven't recently bought a cheap optic and saw how far the tech came.

Literally fucking chinks got their act together to make decent optics.

Attached: 949e19217601ad0da2f020f71f788597eaf20210f8bc1fe27abf4a100f2d86f3_1.jpg (480x485, 30K)

Shut the fuck up, Chang

Why do retarded fuckers suggest these bottom of the barrel chink optics when magpul BUIS, even if they are barebones, are perfectly functional and cost around the same ($50-60 shipped)?

Fuck that would look real cool on a SCAR 17

Op here
>iFunny watermark

Attached: 17925726.jpg (417x284, 40K)

I cancelled my Prime subscription. Never used it, was just a $12 donation to Bezos per month.

Never buy cheap glass you dumb fuck

because the companies are just here shilling and nobody serious actually buys cheap glass for anything over than plinking guns

personally I'd never buy anything cheaper than a vortex

their comparo tables are confusing
i came here to be spoonfed, not be told to do my own research god dammit

Attached: frustrated_t_rex_typing_by_kid_liger-d32hard.jpg (1024x724, 256K)

primaryarms.com/holosun-paralow-hs503g-red-dot-sight-acss-reticle

primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hour-battery-life-red-dot

either of these will work great, but the top one has a more advanced reticle, mine has been great for the past 2 years, i've changed the battery 1 time about 7 months ago just so i know it's fresh.

Attached: HS503G-ACSS_07.jpg (2000x1428, 283K)

Just get one of these.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1581x805, 228K)