Best tools to defend against dogs

What is a good tool to defend against an attacking dog that isnt a gun? Appropiate application for it? And what can you do if you have nothing on you? Guides or techniques?

Attached: 743f1c688f78bd420865b4dff5be27d8.jpg (377x412, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KfMVH4wY5Pg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A small child.

>if no gun
Steel pipes/knife/bat
>if nothing on you
RUN FOREST RUN

Antifreeze

What would be the best gun to kill a pitbull?

I’d imagine a big hammer or mallet would suffice.

Attached: BED1C990-77B4-4A4E-87FB-C56237EB7C3A.jpg (700x928, 31K)

Treats

An unregistered sbr

Attached: 1539158405503.jpg (432x648, 30K)

Carry a break stick to pry open a shitbull's jaws if one ever clamps onto you or your pet.

Truck of peace.

Attached: 209879-big-rigs-over-the-road-racing-windows-front-cover.jpg (639x907, 131K)

Atf badge

>knives
asking for death at that point
>run forest run
begging for death

keep your distance, a bat or 2x4 is going to save you a lot more flesh than your pappies folding buck, and if you run, they will catch you. You also have to remember, dogs were typically pack hunters, if you can give your full attention to tyrones chain collared friend you'll end up realizing they will either try to drag you down or jump at your neck.

>TLDR spacial awareness in combat, keep your distance as much as possible, use tools for both those purposes

Does it have special properties against dogs? Wpuld a can of deodorant be an easier way to apply it?

Interesting, thanks

So would your advice boil down to back away slowly and swing something long and heavy if you have it? Any tips if you dont have the latter?

I don't think a knife is useful at preventing the dog from hurting you, but if it pulls you down by your arm a bat isn't gonna do you much good on the ground. The dog won't hold on to you for very long if you're stabbing it in the neck. By that time you're gonna end up in the ER though.

Pepper spray is more useful than any hand-held weapon anyway.

Call the atf.

Attached: Texans_.jpg (740x900, 108K)

Just kick it in the face.

Pepperspray is illegal unfortunately where im from, just like most knives and tasers so its scarce pickings. Ive considered deodorant, pianowire, steel pen for eyegauging or a coat to wrap the arm/trap the head. Hoped this thread would yield interesting and more effective options.

Dogs drink it up like lemonade but it poisons/kills them

As someone who ventures into the hood and deals with these animals on a daily basis, pepper spray is the most effective method. We've sprayed, tazered and batoned them in self defense and the spray pretty much stops them in their tracks and ends the confrontation.

if you're unable to find something to swing, your fists can do some damage but my main tip would be to keep from being bit/dragged down. its a lot like fighting in general, and unless you're a wrestler you'll have a tough time keeping its jaws away
yeah if you end up on the ground you'd be in a better position to use a knife. ive been taken down by a pit that was just toying with me and i was shocked by what 70 lbs of dog can do to knock the air out of you

Steel pen or kubaton to the eyes is about it then. Those dogs are prettt impervious to pain

There are accounts of shitbulls getting hit in the head with baseball bats and remaining unfazed during maulings. They were selectively bred to fight more intensely when in pain. They don't behave like normal animals.
This is what I'm talking about when I mean a break stick: youtu.be/KfMVH4wY5Pg
I wouldn't trust pepper spray, since it's formulated to work on humans. If you spray it on a dog that's attacking you, it's also going to get in your face. I'd rather have a knife to slit its throat or stomach.

small 'slow' child

I nominate this user's post #1- that's still a thing ain't it?

For the breakstick, would a thin flat piece of wood be able to achieve the same result? My local copper wouldnt take to kind to pulling out a fat knife looking piece of plastic. Tapered flat to get it in without being able to stab someone?

Considering what I know, pitbulls are extremely fast. So you'll need something up close. The only thing I can think of is a knife. Let the dog bite you, hold it's mouth on your arm, pin it to the ground, and rip apart the underbelly or throat with the knife.

Kind of like how the Moros fought against the Japanese. They let them get bayonetted in the shoulder or gut, and then hold the bayonet there before gutting them with a parang or bolo knife.

Based and redpilled

Attached: 1547429529267.jpg (663x1024, 99K)

If you need to get an attacking dog off of someone else or your own dog, choke it. Put your hands around its neck and press it against the ground. You're stronger than it, unless you're a manlet. By the time it realizes what's going on and releases its bite, its fucked.

Just use this.

Attached: Screenshot_20181025-142851.jpg (1080x1092, 222K)

Fire a 12 gauge flare into its mouth when it tries to bite.

Attached: Screenshot_20190105-181450.jpg (749x563, 129K)

another dog

Attached: 098AD452-07FA-4F20-8321-575CD1E2DAAB-448-00000036EA4FD94B.jpg (422x609, 57K)

>”Excuse me, sir,” John said. “The alien’s tactics thus far have been unnecessarily vicious—like those of an animal. They didn’t have to take that second MAC round while they fired at us. But they wanted to position themselves to fire. In my opinion sir, they would stop and engage anything that challenged them.”

Bite it. Apparently that scares them because it's completely unexpected.

Anything heavy or sharp. It's a fucking dumb animal, despite what the news has taught you.

10mm

Can we please not turn pitbulls into some sort of mythical unstoppable beast like people treat bears?

The same that would adequately kill a prepubescent child, given pitbulls normally only weigh up to 80 lbs and normally weigh somewhere in the 30-65 lb range.

>There are accounts of shitbulls getting hit in the head with baseball bats and remaining unfazed during maulings
Then you aren't hitting them hard enough or are hitting them in a place where your blow can glance off easily. Just because they can block out pain while experiencing an adrenaline rush like any other animal won't stop them from experiencing broken bones and brain trauma.

I hate pitbulls. I always see ones with shit colored fur and eyes when I work at the pound. I always kick them when no one's looking. Fuck these nigger dogs, and fuck the apologist nigger lover roastie cuck women who adopt them.

Against a single attacking dog?
Pick it up and slam it on it's head/spine. Repeatedly if necessary.
Against multiple dogs working as a pack?
Pick up one and smash the others with it.

inb4 wouldnt work, if you arent strong enough to fight off an animal you almost certainly outweigh by at least 50lbs, you are not strong enough to defend yourself at all from anything

>people treat bears
Yea the difference is that a bear can literally walk off a poorly placed rifle round, while there really isn't a wrong place to shoot a dog.

If you pick it up off the ground, it loses pretty much the entirety of it's ability to hurt you. Getting bit certainly sucks, but the damage comes from the fact that you get a typically >50 pound animal latched on and shaking. So long as you keep it's back to you and it's mouth away from your important bits, it's powerless to hurt you once you get a dog off the ground.

I carry two full clips of these bad boys in my pockets. One shot of 88% cocoa one kill. Throw it into the pit bulls throat and watch as it instantly seizes up while foaming from its mouth.

Attached: dark-chocolate-and-cocoa-beans-on-a-table.jpg (1100x734, 87K)

>the difference is that a bear can literally walk off a poorly placed rifle round
And people can as well. Shot placement is a lot more important in real life than it is in video games.

Winner

Attached: 1539383837340.jpg (350x144, 8K)

It's important to keep your distance becuse a dog can only do damage if he gets his jaws near you so I recommend pepper spray, I think there are special ones for bears and shit.

They have very sensitive noses and eyes so that should keep them at bay long enough for you to get away.

If you have no equipment kick them in the throat.

Fuck off ATF

Get a hold on the neck and that son a bitch isn't coming loose. Used to use a jaw grip just above the neck on my staffy when playfighting and they have a similar neck/head structure. Basically, if you get your hand around their neck and lock on tight there's not much they can do, especially if you manage to turn over with them so they're on their back and rest your arm on their chest so they can't snap at it, just claw it with their lower legs. Claws just leave welts, teeth will rip your arm apart.