Be me, about a year ago

>be me, about a year ago
>freak out at home because of family incident, feel unstable and violent
>leave because do not want to potentially lash out at my family and/or cause them any harm
>call therapist, tell her what happened
>therapist sends fucking cops over to me
>cops ask me questions, then handcuff me and put me in back of police car
>wtf
>police take me to mental hospital (or as they call it, “Behavioral Clinic”) with a bunch of tards and psychos constantly doing batshit crazy stuff all day, every day
>stuck there, cant leave, all rights taken from me
>endure this for a week
>after a week, released for good behavior
>i leave with a prescription for some antipsychotic medication a legal document saying that i cant purchase or use any firearms for 5 years.
>cant purchase or use any firearms for 5 years.
>5 years

This is fucked up Jow Forums, what do??

Attached: Doggo.jpg (500x487, 48K)

You deserve it for falling for the therapist meme. You really thought spilling your guts to some cat lady about how you feel violent toward your family would do any good?

Attached: 1536089132754.jpg (350x350, 68K)

It helped up until now, also it was not my choice to start seeing a therapist in the first place

what happens if you buy in a private transaction? does the atf instantly teleport to your position and stick their dicks up your ass? when you go to a range, do they run your fingerprint through the guys banned from guns list? just curious.

5 years is a long time, but look at it as learning a valuable life lesson.
>Nobody is there to help you. The cops would just as soon shoot you, therapists are just narcs with papers, your own family would red flag you out of spite. The best.. ONLY defense is to be self sufficent and independant. Trust no one.

Your choices are become an NPC, suicide, lone wolf, or pic related.

Attached: 1529787258905.jpg (1080x1331, 135K)

Either this story is bullshit or you have the most unprofessional therapist ever.

Buy cap and ball revolvers and use conversion cylinders. That or just get into black powder as is.

lmao I know this is a meme thread, but you TOLD THE TRUTH? DUMMY? Psychologists are legally required to report people like you who are "freaking out" and "feel(ing) unstable and violent", which is pretty textbook for who shouldn't have lethal weapons. Sounds like the system worked, lil bitch nigga lmfao.

If their patient threatens somebody they legally have to do something about it. This therapist was actually doing their job

Polymer80 would like a word with you

He specifically said he got out to not threaten them.

>He's so unstable he has to leave to avoid hurting his family

This aspie unironically shouldn't own guns. The system actually fucking worked for once

Well... I don't want to be photoshopped to fuck sooo...

over 90% of therapists are just pill dealers.

Soooooo you gonna tell us about the "incident"? I feel like there's some important missing context here.

Attached: IMG_20190113_112715.jpg (3024x4032, 2.26M)

No, it is unacceptable. SHALL NOT, etc etc but the bigger issue is that denying rights based on metal health is stopping people from seeking help. This user did nothing wrong and sought help, and has been punished. How can you deny a right to someone who did nothing but seek help?

I agree.

How do you know he did nothing wrong? He's left out huge chunks of the story.

>call therapist, tell her what happened
>therapist
retard

Attached: Untitled.png (401x571, 376K)

Sounds like you probably aren't stable enough to be a responsible gun owner.

I doubt it, this isn't an unknown issue. Happens to people who are committed based on depression/suicidal tendencies when concerned (but ignorant) family intervene. The stigma attached to seeking help for mental health, and legal ramifications, no doubt contribute to violence

The OP made credible threats of violence and his therapist was obligated by both legal requirements and professional ethics to report him to the police. He should not be allowed to own firearms.

You don't wonder what the "incident" was? It's not concerning that he had to leave home because he felt like he would harm his family?

Agreed

No, I don't, because he didn't hurt anyone. If he did, I'm an ass, but personally I have very dear friends who do the exact same thing, when they're mad, frustrated, or overwhelmed, they go for a drive, get away from everything. So, if the only difference is user's mom paid for a therapist, I'm not willing to settle for user losing his rights when he walked away and talked to someone who's meant to help him

OP is silent on the incident that lead up to this, so I'm going to assume it was pretty fucked up.

I've left for a drive because I didn't want to say anything I'd regret in a heated moment, but I've never done that because I felt "unstable and violent."

Wasted get

This user gets it. I have very severe depression myself but keep my trap shut about it because I really like my gats and won't really have a reason to get out of bed in the morning if I can't go shoot them.

OP isn't just depressed. He's on antipsychotics. He's probably completely batshit.

Why is it about proving an innocent man guilty? Again, if he didn't hurt anyone why should he be punished? Thought police would fuck us all based on feels but that is different than action, judge a man by his actions. This user walked away from a bad situation and tried to follow the established avenues for help, punishing people like user only pushes legitimately dangerous people away from help

>judge a man by his actions
And his actions include an ominous "incident" and "freak out"

null-quads of truth

Vague, again, innocent until guilty. Why do gun owners turn on their own so quickly? If he didn't hurt anyone he shouldn't be punished. I know people who have done far worse and can pass a background check. If the innocent was worthy of punishment user would be arrested

TL;DR Family can be fucked, sometimes you have to answer that by being the same way back to them, its the only language some people understand. If all people were perfect, people like OP wouldn't exist.

this type of thing is incredibly subjective to the
moment though. My family is ridiculously vindictive sometimes, and several of them are seriously lucky they've never gotten worse than beat up for things they say (not by me, but straight up picking fights with people and road rage.) My aunt (dyke) is probably the meanest person I know, and more than once she has deliberately tried to get me to do something stupid so she could call the cops. I was forced into living with my dyke aunts and neurotic grandmother for years, and honestly, after some of the things they did, they're damn lucky I wasn't 18 yet. that doesn't justify OP, but at the same time, I can understand how fucked a family can be. since I turned 18 and was able to move out, my aunt only tried to push me around once. Didn't even own a gun yet, she was waving a knife in my face and I told her if she wanted to play that kind of game the next time she did it I'd get off on self defense. I was always a pretty small kid, never that strong, never very athletic, but I've always been smart. because of that, i'd innocently try to call my family on their bullshit(but auntie why, you were the one in the wrong there...) then get yelled at and locked in my room for it or worse.

Sucker.

Attached: gta 5-psychiatrist.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

>innocent until guilty
This is Jow Forums, not a court of law
>If he didn't hurt anyone he shouldn't be punished
Agains, this is Jow Forums. He was probably caught jerking it in his sister's panties or some other heinous and unnatural act.

If OP elaborated on the incident in question and it turned out to not be that bad would you change your tune?

Yes.

Therapists have to report potentially violent/suicidal behavior

>potentially
So they call the cops on everybody who has depression? No they don't.

Therapists are a jewish scam

This is a statistically sound statement

>talk to therapist to try and get help
>they deliberately turn you into a second class citizen and have you imprisoned against your will
oh gee wow I'm sure that made everything much better

I'll allow it.

t. Nazi

If your country has an organisation that deals with unethical medical practices, go to another therapist, get an all-clear result from him, then go to the authorities and complain about your previous therapist, saying that she misdiagnosed your condition on purpose to scam more money out of you and also gave you recurring nightmares from that trip to the mental asylum.
Demand compensation from her.