Should you have to pass a course before you can buy a gun? You can't drive without a license after all

Should you have to pass a course before you can buy a gun? You can't drive without a license after all.

Attached: 1547515320300.webm (640x900, 1.71M)

Attached: gib milkies.gif (500x276, 508K)

No ironically the way that a lot of licenced gun owners in Canada think. They don't want non-trained people by their side in a shooting range, for safety reasons.

More or less interesting way to think, but only for a country who do no sell anymore gun without licence. Not for USA.

You can drive without a license in the US you fcuking stupid asshole nigger. The license is to use public roads you anti gun nigger. You can drive without a license on private property

Right, because driver's licenses do so much to eliminate drunk driving and speeding.
What I'm saying is, the government is infringing on my right to go fast.

I wish guns were as unregulated as cars.

Controversial opinion: Yes. I think you should.
Shooting test and a dissasembly, cleaning and assembly test should be necessary to be Able to buy weapons.
What is the point of owning a gun if you dont know how to use it properly?

Driving is a privilege not a right
1st amendment provides freedom of speech
But OP did not need a license to exercise 1st amendment rights
Why should there be a license for 2nd amendment rights?

Attached: C7B0A0A4-4E3A-4896-B2DD-ECAB70305EDF.jpg (2056x1536, 727K)

SHALL

SUCK HER TITTIES! BITE THE NIPPLE!

>Should you have to pass a course before you can buy a gun? You can't drive without a license after all.
You don't have to pass a course to get a driver's license here in Freedomland. Your dad can teach you how to drive, and how to use a gun too.

The point is to resist tyranny you stupid idiot

Attached: 1545421891080.jpg (1000x650, 50K)

>What is the point of owning a gun if you dont know how to use it properly?
Fuck you I'm not obligated to know what I'm doing.

More importantly wtf did he say to her? That's what I want to know.

>What is the point of freedom of speech if you don't learn how to debate
>What is the point of freedom of religion if you aren't intimately familiar with the tenets of your faith
Any restriction of arms is a human rights violation

Sure works.
> In 2015, there were some 6.3 million fatal, injury, and property damage crashes that occurred in the U.S. alone.

No, the safety test and demonstration here in CA is enough.

>lmao we require tests for privileges, why not rights?
Big think. Poll tests make more sense than gun tests, for fucks sake.

Guy: hey just throwing this out there....want to fuck sometime?
Girl: uhhhhh...haha *gives strange look*
Guy: oh ok then I’m gonna just be in my way now

How the fuck are you gonna resist tyranny When you cant aim for shit and dont know how to properly assemble and dissasemble a gun

>You can't drive without a license after all.
Yes you can. You only need a license to drive on a public road. I'm ok with needing a license to shoot a gun on an open road.

Attached: iqLvLs.jpg (678x574, 22K)

sadly this

friendly reminder columbine happened during the AWB

I actually agree with you. Guns are inherently different from anything else because the sole function of a gun is to destroy whatever is in front of it. If you don't know how to use the gun, you have absolutely no business owning it.

Retards like this make it seem like guns are no big deal and everyone should own one. Guns are dangerous by design.

what did that dyke say to her?

Yes you can, it's just illegal. Laws don't keep you safe since criminals don't follow them.

>tfw no cosplay thot gf that probably makes bank on patreon

because you are no harm to anyone?

It is only fair to have had training at public ranges

Funny but true

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

CARESS

No

It hurts.

Attached: 1547430539111.jpg (442x740, 103K)

based

From a strictly utilitarian viewpoint, there would be a public benefit from requiring a basic training course in order to own firearms. It could be very accessible, affordable and passable on a shall issue basis.

There are problems though.
Firearms ownership in the US is not treated as a privilege such as operating a motor vehicle on a public road is. It is a right. Requiring a license to exercise a right is questionable on a constitutional basis. As it stands most of the country requires a license to carry in public, but not to buy and own. Some states do have a permit, like California's Firearms Safety Certificate but that is very easy to get.
Making a permit that would be a serious barrier is another issue. The historic trends in the US with gun laws have involved small nibbles at gun rights growing into huge chunks later on. If a gun license law were passed today and the license was easy to get, it would leave an obvious avenue for gun grabbers to put increasingly insane road blocks in the way of every prospective gun owner in the future. Suppose they set the licensing fee to $100000 or defund all but one approved training class, hosted one day a year with 10 seats. Sounds crazy? Well it's not without precedent.
Gun grabbers have tipped their hand and shown that they are willing and enthusiastic to act in underhanded ways to achieve total civilian disarmament. They aren't acting in good faith, so we shouldn't give them any more weapons than they already have.

plz give me your email

Define the word "course"
Because what's going to keep some immature bureaucrat from putting in a political indoctrination section in the curriculum?

Attached: 1547130948256m.jpg (1024x800, 204K)

I second this. Driving a car doesn't have the same stigma that owning a gun does. And these gun grabber guys really don't care about helping people (at least not outside their ingroup that is). They just want to be Big Brother.

Yes, I think you should be required to take some sort of basic safety, and have some sort of NICS-style system verify said training prior to purchasing a gun.

you CAN own a car without a license, you just can't operate it on public roads. Same is true for guns and CCW licenses, the only exception being constitutional carry states.

So what you should do is compare CCW states with constitutional carry states to determine the need to licenses.

>t. Tofuboy

Attached: EUROBEAT INTENSIFIES.gif (598x444, 650K)

Obviously, yes.

1. Course completion in use, upkeep, laws and safety.
2.Criminal Background check.
3. No gunshow loophole.
4. Restrict explosive weapons and anti-vehicle weapons.
5. Unrestrict burst fire.

Common sense.

put the ruleset in the Constitution so that it gets very hard to change and so that most people have to agree to even put it in there.

Instead, we should institute a NICS system for car purchases, to keep felons and domestic abusers off the roads.

Why would we prevent the people from buying guns from a dealer, but allow them to buy cars from a dealer?

To give a specific example of this effect.

California passed a law many years ago that all handguns sold new in the state must pass a safety test. This mostly had to do with drop safety requirements. It followed on the back of several high profile consumer lawsuits against "ring of fire" manufacturers who were cranking out shitty cheap guns that were periodically getting people hurt.

That's how the law was originally implemented. Then they added magazine disconnect safeties, manual safeties and loaded chamber indicators so manufacturers had to make California specific models just to be tested to be sold. Then they added microstamping and user identification, which are science fiction. It's practically impossible to add new handgun models now. They're seeking to make these requirements retroactive too, so this consumer safety law is acting as a de facto ban on all automatic pistols.

With this sort of goalpost moving, it's pretty clear what the intention was all along. Even if it wasn't, it introduced an avenue of attack that was exploited.

That's why gun licensing is a bad sign. License today, total ban tomorrow.

Driving is a privilege

Sniper Wolf is better waifu than Quiet.
>you will never raise puppies with Sniper Wolf
>you will never smell her neckerchief

>finger on the trigger

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Ok, provided the DCM has an office in every public school in the country. And students get a minimum of 5 hours of firearms training and practice per week, starting in middleschool. All on the taxpayer dime. Students will have to shoot a qualifying score to advance to the next grade, and to graduate high school. And of course, there would be opportunities to take Remedial Marksmanship in summer school.

6. No registry of weapons and im in.

She has her finger along the guard you fucking no guns brainlet. Get off your phone and view that shit at a resolution that you can't actually see before sperging out for no reason

you can. You can drive on private property like your own (if you have it) or race track without a DL. you'll have to tow it to the track though and from where you bought it for that matter. Similar to how you can own a firearm w/o a license, use it on your property and or transport it to a private range. But if you want to carry it on your person in public you'll need to go through a licensing process in most states.

How does this at all prevent crime? Suicide? Even the vast majority of accidents are the result direct negligence, often either blatant stupidity (people shooting themselves or others as jokes "It's not loaded I swear lol") or kids getting access to a gun and shooting themselves or others. The basic rules of firearm safety and safe weapon storage can be promoted on a simple pamphlet that is handed out with each firearm purchase. I shouldn't have to meet arbitrary government demanded standards to be allowed the "privilege" of exercising a right.

Which means we should be able to own machine guns on private property using their logic.

I'm all for training in theory however the anti-gun crowd uses all of these "reasonable" ideas to basically promote their agenda of making guns inaccessible to people and making these requirements unreasonable.

I'd be cool with NRA certified training courses and certifications by the NRA and a majority of Gun Stores requiring proof (by their own choice NOT mandated by law in any way shape or form) of having taken these NRA safety training courses.

when the baseline for competency is the local police department, it's hard to argue for mandatory training.

>infringing on my right to go fast
You say that, and then you drive in more than 30 states and realize our roads are barely designed for wooden carts and are absolutely not Autobahn quality. Going 95 on i-95 Florida to Miami and still getting passed by people was fun though.

If you can't trust someone to own a firearm they shouldn't be allowed to roam free in society anyways. The only thing these carry licenses and required courses do is restrict the ability for a law abiding citizen to have and carry a weapon. Not everyone has the time or money to go through that bullshit, and if someone has evil intent I doubt not having a license is going to stop them from using one.

This is why your parents still sit you at the children's table for Thanksgiving.

No. You should be able to drive without getting a license. Licenses don't stop retards from being retarded.

You can't fix a dysfunctional culture with government regulation.

Mandatory anything is unconstitutional and goes against the very idea of freedom. The fact that you can be arrested[kidnapped] for driving or carrying a gun without a card goes against the idea of consensual social contracts and is literal tyranny. The state and its law is not a metric of knowledge, responsibility, or morality. Every state sponsored genocide was done under a legal pretext.

This board is infested with totalitarian statists.

>he thinks licenses improve public safety

no but they should make gun clubs more common in schools

Shall not be infringed

This. There are too many idiots with guns. If you're too stupid or crazy to pass a test, you've got no chance of responsibly operating firearms IRL. We should work towards creating better gun owners instead of demanding rights that people so frequently abuse. I see these mass shootings and think what idiot let that psycho have a gun? At what point do we hold ourselves accountable for consequences of the gun rights we demand? You didn't pull the trigger, but you yourself would have put the gun in his hands if you live what you preach. Gun rights can't be for everybody. Some people will never be responsible enough to safely own a gun, whether they are a threat to themselves or others. That being said, it's not acceptable to restrict a person's rights without affording them an opportunity to become educated. When you ban guns you take them away from the bad guys, but also from good citizens. When you push for unconditional gun rights you put guns in the hands of good citizens, but also in the hands of bad guys. Proper gun control is a system that creates better gun owners, not something that mindlessly bans certain guns and accessories or that gives away guns indiscriminately. New gun ownership should be a positive and educational experience. People with a criminal or mental history should be allowed to work with an expert until they are deemed fit to responsibly own guns instead of being flat out prohibited. Let's expect better of one another as gun owners.

Attached: 1546577923680.jpg (400x400, 18K)

At this point I believe registered sex offenders should be legally allowed to own miniguns. Anything less and we are getting into cucked "reasonable gun control" territory

>guns scare me so lets remove people's freedoms because freedom scares me

Yes.

Weekend safety course and a thorough, one-time background check to get a license. After that all sale is private sale and there are no rules regarding barrel length, caliber, what you can carry, where or when. Full auto etc all legal. A gun is a gun is a gun.

If you get caught selling to street criminals you go to jail like a street criminal. You can't plead ignorance of someones criminal record in a private sale if they're supposed to show a license.

I'd be absolutely fine with the same system of tests and exams if it meant unrestricted access to automatic weapons (if you pass the necessary tests, just like getting a truck license)

not him, but 100%
I want a home defence M2

I'll raise you convicted murderers. If I had the guns I should be allowed to have, I wouldn't give a flying fuck who else had them.

The communist filth Democrats would use this like they used literacy trsts to keep Negros from voting during Jim Crow. Make it impossible to pass and no one would own guns. You know they’d do it, too. That’s why not an inch can ever be given.

If you wanted to mandate a class in every high school called “Guns” that was about guns and you needed to pass it to graduate, I would be all for it...but only if it had no impact whatsoever on your ability to own guns.

>gun control 'compromise'
>only one side gains anything

That's called appeasement, and Neville Chamberlain can attest to its effectiveness

Attached: 1546681494805.png (2560x1600, 2.56M)

My view is you can't drive on PUBLIC ROADS without a license so concealed carry license make sense but a license to own a gun is fucking dumb my man

This

Also this

Any gun control is still gun control

I'm down

you shouldn't need a license to drive anywhere statist.

HOLDUP you dont have to take apply for a gun License and og through a test so see if you are not retarded anough to own a pewpew in the states?

there are a few states with Ownership IDs, they tend to be festering crime shitholes though.

Go be a faggot in Canada then and lick all the boots of your government overlords statecuck.

No, now shut the fuck up faggot.

>What is the point of freedom of speech if you don't learn how to debate

Imho, many people have to be forced to learn how to debate before opening their traps, current level of political discource is suffering greatly due to lack of proper debating skills among general populace.
>What is the point of freedom of religion if you aren't intimately familiar with the tenets of your faith
No need for intimate knowledge, any religion just has to abide by civil law and everything is fine and dandy.

Yep. You should also need proper training to operate an oven and/or microwave. Wouldn't want you putting the baby in there by mistake. You should require training and a license before using a fire extinguisher or first aid kit as well. In fact, anything dangerous should be regulated by the government, and all the training should be paid for by the taxpayers, because everybody is a child and needs big mommy government to take care of them.

>u can't drive without a license
like with actual illegal guns, tell that to niggers

also you can operate a untagged, unregistered, pollution regulation raping vehicle on private property. A similar parallel would be zero fucking gun laws, as the founders intended.

Driving is a privilege. Firearms are a God Given Right.

>From a strictly utilitarian viewpoint, there would be a public benefit from requiring a basic training course in order to own firearms. It could be very accessible by having it be a mandatory course to get a highschool diploma.

If the state can demand you take two years of spicspeak, they can demand you learn how to field strip an AR15 and get a 5/50 on a live fire course to graduate high school.

mandatory firearms training in highschool would kill gun control forever
>ban fully semi automatic assault rifles?
>you mean almost every long arm designed this side of 1898?
>eat shit
>t. zoomer after the guns&stuff quarter of life skills class

no, suck my dick, suck start a shotgun.

On private land you can

I think that's a good idea. Public schools function as glorified daycare nowadays so that both parents can work a 9-5. They have the kids contained for about 8 hours 5 days a week pumping them full of useless abstract fluff they'll just put again on next year's curriculum but with a little more detail and indoctrination.

People are already bemoaning the lack of useful life skills being taught, like how to manage finances, vote or pay taxes. Why not implement a more life skills-based curriculum like they used to with driver's education and wood shop? Most schools have been dropping that because it doesn't help them get better SAT averages, but it's useful as fuck when they grow up.

A small course on firearms safety would be useful. I don't think they all need to be qualified marksmen (though that would be rad), but knowing how not accidentally shoot themselves or read and avoid violent situations would be a hell of a lot more useful than active shooter drills. Self defense, or at least tactical situational awareness is a legitimately useful life skills.

As for actual shooting teams, that would be a good elective. Forcing every kid to shoot could be pretty tricky though. I would be pretty sketeched out by the emo teen going through his edgy phase being forced to use a rifle in PE. Teaching him how to render a weapon safe with snap caps would probably be fine though.

Not in like 45 of the 50 states.

Driving isn't a constitutional right, sage

License and carry laws are all hold overs from Jim Crow era. Can’t have cotton americans that are now freed carrying weapons around now can we? Dems thinking ahead.

the only issue that I have with this is high schoolers are literally fucking retarded because of both the education system and their parents not stimulating them at home
maybe in a better society I could support state mandated firearm training but given its only been 3 years since I finished high school, I remember how foolish many people were (granted I lived in california)

IMO there shouldnt be a license to own firearms nor should you have to pass some sort of class to own one. However i do think basic firearm education should be taught at the high school level, mandatory across the country. Sadly the will never happens for about a million reasons.

>or about a million reasons.
literally one reason:
It'd kill gun control forever and make the proles think they are citizens with rights an sheeeeit

maybe they're fucking retarded because instead of learning firearm safety in life skills they have a quarter on all 927 genders.
>or just delete the thousand hours devoted to the holocaust and convert that to "how2taxes and don't shoot yourself, also communism has killed 200million people in the last century" class