/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Anything but Magpul edition
>Thread #757

Old thread here

Attached: emeemiummovie.jpg (1136x640, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

GUIDE TO BUYING AK ONLINE

GunBroker or Atlantic, the concept is the same
>1. Walk into the FFL you wanna use (preferably one that isn't a shithole with fuds, you want someone younger trust me)
Then ask about an online purchase
>2. Get their info saved to your email or on a paper
**WIN** a gunbroker auction for an AK you want
OR just purchase the AK you want from atlantic
>3. Follow the simple steps of payment and sending them (the person you won the auction from-or Atlantic when prompted) the FFL information
Then wait till your FFL calls you and says that they have your gun
>4. Then go over back to the FFL, and INSPECT your new rifle
If there are any deal breakers, say that you would like to send it back(this is a headache but so is wasting 1000 bucks vs 100 bucks for restocking)
But if you like it, fill out the 4473 like normal and go home with it!

Attached: sar1.jpg (4608x2592, 2.39M)

That movie sucked ass

Post your WOOD if you got any

Attached: Refinished1.jpg (2054x973, 246K)

Will Polish/East German wirefolders fit into a Beryl rear trunnion?

If it makes it easier, a Beryl folding stock fits the standard AKM trunnion.

If I can’t figure this out, I’m going to have to get the modern beryl stock, which looks like an abortion.

Attached: 63B7828F-50DB-4B42-BA7C-010B2CFC8516.jpg (1000x750, 974K)

Way more SLR104s on gunbroker than usual... might be time. Either that or one of the Polish Tantals.

Attached: 0ucNt96.jpg (4032x2268, 754K)

Getting a Class 07 with Type 02 SOT is not easy

>you must operate as a business (buying, selling, transferring)
>your place of "business" will be inspected to make sure it's secure enough to store full retard funs
>you'll be interviewed by an ATF agent along with the inspection
>the ATF reserves the right to deny your application because there are "enough" Class 07's already, or if they "judge you to not be intending to use the classification to it's full extent" (aka they get the feeling you lied on your application when you checked the box about not enriching your personal collection)
>you will be expected to stay within compliance of ITAR by filling out mountains of paperwork

The form even has nicely labelled checkboxes that explicitly tell you to fuck off if you're only registering for the sake of your own personal collection, which you sound like you are

Attached: FFL-Form-7-Questions-18-19.jpg (650x89, 22K)

I want to get magazines that match my polymer furniture from arsenal. Who makes good magazines in tan, od green, plum, and black?

buy milsurp mags if you want cool looking black ones, polymer mags are for fags btw

I just want a color coordinated ak47. What's so faggy about that?

Bakelite is the only color u need

But then I'll have red magazines with tan furniture. No thank you

yes they should. East Germany originally developed wire stocks so that they didn't have to have specific trunnions for folding and fixed stocks, and Romania, Egypt, and Poland basically ripped off the concept.

Rustoleum is a thing

So, what's the verdict on the surprisingly not vaporware KR-9? Too soon to tell?

Attached: 1546660487842.jpg (700x362, 22K)

>Plan to make a profit
>Well shucks, I'm just a poor business man I guess. I made all these AKs, and no one wants them.

Or maybe you intend to make a profit renting them. Or through having them used in movies. Or a YouTube channel. The ATF sincerely doesn't have enough time to hassle every dude for not making any money. There's only so many hours in the day, and a lot of dogs to shoot, user.

Disgusting

Attached: 4ac.jpg (621x621, 77K)

Matt Damon speaking shitty spanish with his dickhead boston accent almost made me leave the theatre.

G A Y

Due to abundance of ammo stateside, whats the best option for a 5.56 ak? Theres a few to choose from like zastava or arsenal, but nobody really says whats cons exist...

>nothing in stock anywhere aside from Century Arms stuff
>already own a WASR

Cons for 5.56 AKs are generally magazine availability and cost.

What is parts kits
what is wbp

>want to buy Arsenal AK and get into AK’s instead of AR’s
>can’t get over AK fit and finish

Attached: AB36DF0F-BCA6-4386-AB61-8679182E70AF.jpg (629x505, 33K)

I have so much Linear and Chem hw but here I go

>Zastava
Pros:
>Obtainable STEEL MAGS
>AR MAG adapter
>Under $1000 and good quality(subjective)
Cons:
>Ayy lmao no furniture
>No chrome barrel
>Get a new hammer or peen to death
>Yugo optic mount, not compat with others

SLR106
Pros:
>Chrome lined barrel for lifespan
>Parts are mostly from 5.45 74 AKs
>Highest quality AK
>Optic mount is standard
>Z E N I T
Cons:
>10 mags is $500 HOLY SHIT FUCK WHY
>No AR adapter possible because smol trunnion
>Poorfags will never have it because it's 2 months of their rent

Just waiting for the Childers 80% to get here and then it’s build time. Thinking about doing a Alg AKT for this one, my two Aks now have a Tapco g2 my buddy polished, and whatever century throws in their npaps but I may just grab 4 new triggers cause I have that Saw cut m70 kit.

Attached: 929F23A7-5383-4628-A334-766CF3B2D9D0.jpg (1668x938, 281K)

What do we do when all the kits are dried up?
:0

Maybe. But my rifle will be better looking than yours.

Are any of the pseudo-Beryl stype top rails worth getting? The ones that connect to the rear sight and whatnot. There are some suspiciously cheap ones out there.

Attached: beryl type rail.png (491x298, 74K)

Pray Poland surplus’s their remaining 250k Aks, and pray for both ME kits and Nork kits. It’s not blackpilled but it ain’t white pilled either. Otherwise we have WBP making new virgin kits.

That rifle is the most cyberpunk AK to have ever appeared in a movie. Consequently, it is also the best part of the movie.

I've never really looked into getting kits - how does it work? I have to buy one and find someone who can legally put it together for me, right? I see none of them come with receivers (at least not intact).

Attached: 002.jpg (399x614, 40K)

Help I'm autistic

Attached: railz.jpg (1192x554, 53K)

Attached: railz 2.jpg (1373x529, 59K)

The M90 and M85 have chromed barrels tho bud.

iirc all their NATO guns have chromed barrels.

they are garbage that means you loose zero every time you unscrew them to strip the rifle

DIY, Childers has recievers, or you can send it to a reputable builder but that costs moola.

Childers has an option for 3 spot welds right side.
Do I need this for a romanian parts kit build?
And should I get the rivet holes pre drilled?

Damn well doesn't change much I guess
>Yugo for practicality
>Arsenal for flexing on poorfags

>And should I get the rivet holes pre drilled?
If it's your first time yes
I can't speak for the weld spots

>Not being the ultimate poor pleb and going WASR10

Attached: V87bEO9.jpg (1200x675, 105K)

i hope poland keeps their ak's instead of switching to that garbage looking acr clone

What does the G on the side of the trunnion mean? Have this on my AK

Is this kit a good buy? I like it

Attached: 404CB8E8-1F95-4186-A393-1FADB1CAC022.png (1125x2436, 1.01M)

Unfortunately Yugos are abysmal to shoot.

Why is that?

Yeah, if you're a complete pussy.
Soibois complain about yugos because the grip angle and comb height is more exaggerated leading to a less comfortable shot than an AKM. It's not nearly as big a deal as he makes it sound, they just unironically cant handle it.

... are you making mounts?

Finally got new pics of the Tula boi and slabby boi. $100 shipped for both and he threw in an extra polish mag and some furniture

Attached: 77740812-E1FC-4412-9B3A-CD7DD39EACCE.jpg (4032x1345, 2.11M)

Slabby boi

Attached: 07D6403A-78B0-4EC8-A7A1-63E45138E9BD.jpg (3936x1185, 1.82M)

How the fuck did a tool of communism get so damned expensive baka

Attached: D063789B-D161-4957-9DB9-49B311199ACB.jpg (4032x1805, 2.64M)

Oh cool, that must be the new smart gun retro fit for AK type rifles, limits it to one round per minute now after the last firmware update, right?

Communism lost.

>Z E N I T
Will need modified to fit the 106. Ask me how I know.

Attached: 106 zenitshit.jpg (3640x1454, 3.88M)

Does the b33 gold the zero reliably?

Yea but I wanna buy more AKs and not spend 2k+ per AK you feel me

Attached: FD592007-E362-4D11-8216-E5086471D091.jpg (750x746, 135K)

The USSR lost. Communism is alive and well and actively subverting western cultures and has been since the 40's at least.

This post brought a smile to my face.

To add to this, if you’re buying from Atlantic and can’t find your FFL, keep trying and use either the FFL name or their zip code, play with their search options. I’ve had issues before when I couldn’t find the FFL I use all the time, their FFL search is extremely picky

Communists aren't subverting shit. Zionists are using communism as a tool to weaken the western educational systems. The only thing communists are subverting are the food supplies of the host nations.

>Communists aren't subverting shit
>They're being used to weaken education
wdhmbt?

I don’t think you understand what he’s trying to say user.

Communists are used as pawns in a greater scheme

Attached: 52BB3F3C-5928-481A-A591-A0B40526EC1B.jpg (1000x704, 927K)

I don't think he understands the contradiction in saying they aren't subversive and then saying they're subversive but they're being used. It's not mutually exclusive.

>Z E N I T
how is that an advantage by itself? you just assuming everybody wants an 11lb ak?

Are you saying you don't?

Not everyone has shit taste

>boi

Attached: 1482108918519.gif (233x131, 2.42M)

Communism and Zionism is the same thing. It’s a way for the Jews to seize power over goyim. Ie holodmor

Preaching to the choir my guy

what'd you have to do for yours? mine had a wierd lip on the trunnion i needed to mill flush up front.

Attached: alpha2.jpg (1600x1200, 461K)

I do like your gun, SRVV is a more aesthetic stock adapter and a US palm would better than fagpul. Overall 8/10

Would it be possible to buy a Yugo M70 kit and put it on a stamped receiver?

i agree, but i wasnt about to swap a trunnion to 5.5 and get gouged for a u.s. palm grip.

What?

Tango down sells them now for like $25 dollars I think.

Attached: 03DF5D60-8A0E-4381-8163-16A4095CAE7C.jpg (1017x648, 681K)

ProMags got here
>Got all my materials and tools
>Waiting for the weekend

Attached: todothisweekend.jpg (1680x3360, 1.05M)

I thonk I can replace the pink part with extra green to simplify the process as needed

hey guys I just got access to a big 3 axis CNC machine and I'm wondering if there's any gun parts that you can think of that would be profitable to make?
ideally the part would be rare enough that they're currently hard to find or expensive, but the gun would have enough owners to have a good bit of demand
I was thinking of unusual AK's because of the gay ass new import restrictions?

Auto sear obviously. Cut like 50+ from a sheet.
I would say Beryl stuff too but they'll be coming soo.

Wait, what’s wrong with Magpul? I want an MOE lower handguard for my full-fun Vz.58. Stock handguard is way too skinny, and NEA set sucks a HOT DICK

Attached: 69CDE69F-614F-4F9C-8C01-C23F4C3E0585.jpg (271x186, 13K)

Holy shit you're actually going to do it
You better deliver faggot

titanium 74/100 series FSBs and GBs
aluminium ak9-ish handguards in m-lok and railz

Titanium is an absolute bitch to mill, cost an arm and a leg in raw stock AND it would accomplish absolutely nothing as a gb or a fsb
>Muh weight
Youd save more weight integrating them or doing a low pro gasblock and sight.

Nothing wrong with most of it except it's ugly.

Specifically tho the Zhukov stock is shit.

k fine make a 100 series fsgb then duh
scalper assholes already charging 250+ for russian ones on gunbroker, literally charge that for a Ti one and youve created a market upset and a better product.
>minimum stock size per part 1x4x4" (non tesselated) about $20-30 a piece, from bar/sheet stock,
>tooling cost is rather high, as would be machine time, but youve got 3 stations to potentially split workflows
>part needs dimensioning, but it exists already, so thats 80% done
>need a cut prototype or three to correct for material application behavior outside of CAD/CAM modeling
very doable

Anybody have a source for SLR106 compatible mags other than beryl mags? Or have any experience using 74 mags for one? I want another 5-10 mags. But $35 each blows.

Attached: 20190110_200453.jpg (2880x2160, 1.37M)

Very nice. I might buy one of Sweaty Ben's remaining 5.45 Saigas to do a build like this.

>But $35 each blows.
See my above ProMag 556 mods
Best case scenario you can buy Magpul 5.45 mags and get new followers for 556

Its called galvanic corrosion you massive fuckup, everything but high quality stainless will corrode under the titanium. stop fucking posting.

Sweaty Ben has had these kits for almost four years now, and I've always wanted to build a range blaster AK. Knowing that the American barrels are crap, is there any reason I should buy this kit and finish it? Aside from the fact that I don't even know anyone who carries the receivers, 80% or otherwise?

Attached: KIT-AMD65.jpg (400x400, 26K)

I've seem that, I'm pretty stoked to see how those those turnout. Hmmmmm 5.45 pmags with 5.56 followers?????

Remember boys, /wasteland/ > /modern/.

Attached: eQ4DlS6.jpg (600x315, 20K)

too much bullshit duct tape i like the shovel tho.

>galvanic corrosion
ok so why wasnt this mentioned up here right off the bat then?why do titanium AR barrel parts work? why do aluminum parts work near steel? how come barrel extensions dont corrode out of their fucking uppers? have you seen ALL the different grades, alloys, and finishes of titanium interact with ALL the different barrel steels and finishes? are you a metallurgist? go fuck yourself
>I have access to CNC, suggestions?
>completely ignores ALUMINUM handguard suggestion
>NO FUCK YOU TITANIUM IS HARD

Garda, these rifles were semiautomatic only and for the Romanian national police.

I'm waiting, max

Attached: and some people make dicks all day long.webm (530x298, 2.98M)

I know /akg/ by and large says these are shit, but I really want to learn how to build AK's and this looks like a less difficult way to start.

Yup Ill post pics of mine when it arrives soon