What was the best helmet of WWII?

What was the best helmet of WWII?

Attached: canadianbrodie.jpg (1511x1175, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dR2yZ3skw1w
youtube.com/watch?v=oKvX8_nbD-Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stahlhelm, definitely

>best in WWI too

M42 had good neck protection unlike other helmets, I also really like the M1 but that might be because I have my great grandfather's.

Attached: helmet.jpg (900x296, 73K)

The ssh40 has proven over and over to have stronger metal and have a more durable liner.

>but stahlhelm protects neck tho

so prove it

I know this is bait but the massive rear protection of the stalhhelm was one of it's downfalls.

Explain

It severely limits movement you moron. Why do you think every helmet desigh afterwards was a higher cut?

Helps with the lack of resources for production

stahl-helm

Makes sense especially once planes and helicopters became common, need to look up

No, because it makes movement easier.

No you fucking idiot, its because you need to be prone or get into a compromised position.

>appreciates your intelligence on the matter
>call him a
>>fucking idiot

Why are you so much of a cunt? Are you fat?

>Helps with the lack of resources for production
The USA has zero issues with this and our k-pots are just stahlhelms with higher cuts.

>Why do you think every helmet desigh afterwards was a higher cut?
like the PASGT?

PASGT profile is definitely cut higher than the stahlhelm though

Why didn't this ever happen? leonardo da vinci supposedly purposely put the track/movement flaws in his own tank design because he thought it to be too dangerous of a weapon.

Can you imagine a swarm of Tanks moving from the South of Italy into France and Germany durning the 16th century? leonardo da vinci did and he didn't want it.

The tank should have been used to defeat the Ottomons sooner.

Attached: Leonardo-da-Vincis-Tank.png (761x493, 216K)

It seems likely that in general the hemispheral steel helmets (Soviet Ssh40, US M1, Swede m37 etc) provided slightly better ballistic protection than Stahlhelm.

the Stahlhelm really had a number of issues. one, it used the outdated tongue design for the liner, which is neither as cheap or as rugged as the ss40 design, and it's not as adjustable and fitting as the m1 design. Also, instead of being just a chunk of curved metal, it is curved metal but with a distinct angle for the flaring out bottom part of the helmet, creating a noticeable weak point. That, and the overall metallurgy of the ww2 stahlhelms were sub par.

youtube.com/watch?v=dR2yZ3skw1w

and

youtube.com/watch?v=oKvX8_nbD-Y

Not exactly scientific, but it gives a general idea. that and the SSH40 still had ample neck and ear protection.

I love this helmet, does anybody know of any good repros

The US M1 in terms of practicality.

Best functioning overall: US M1
Best looking: USSR SSh-36 (Or Swiss M18/40 but doesn't really count because neutral)
What the fuck were they thinking, I look like a knobhead: Danish M1923

M38

Get out