Why is Trijicon basically the only company that produces high-quality compact fixed power scopes?

Why is Trijicon basically the only company that produces high-quality compact fixed power scopes?

Attached: 653BFEDB-CB84-450C-B992-A83AB483A677.jpg (2000x2000, 172K)

Barriers to entry and they cornered the .mil contract so game over man.

They're not. They're just super overpriced because of the name, like mariah careys line of lip gloss. If you're not into worshiping relics, get a vortex.

Elcan

>JUST. AS. GOOD.

Unless you're throwing it in the mud while bashing it with rocks during your everyday use, then yes, just as good. Show me an objectove advantage other than unrealistic military durability standards and I'll eat a dick on camera. Not gay btw.

>he doesn't throw his optics in mud and bash them with rocks

Attached: 1470352691610.jpg (500x500, 83K)

That's the "high quality" part you're tossing out, bud

>Show me an objective advantage Trijicon has over the competition
>That isn’t their biggest objective advantage
Also
>Not gay btw
See pic related.

Attached: 5B401551-B32C-4A66-9B49-0CC282D13D4A.jpg (500x625, 210K)

great quality but overpriced. Not worth it in the least

>biggest advantage doesn't apply to the use the average person will put it through

Try harder retard

Fine, name another manufacture that sells a fixed optic, with fiber optics, as good of glass, and a good reticle.

To me, the point of diminishing returns with scopes starts at about $600. In other words, a $1200 scope is NOT going to be twice as good as a $600 scope, and so on and so forth.

>$1650 brand new
>overpriced
Shit man its on par with an acog+rmr or if you want to get autismo an ECOS because you do get buis
Yes and no.
If youre just shooting off a bench in fair weather sure there is a case to be made but if you are pushing equipment to the limits physically (duty, self defense, etc) or technology wise (extreme weight savings, very long range distance shooting) there are very valid reasons to be buying a $1200 scope vs a $600 one

You also left out the tritium illumination. Which is a non-negotiable feature.

>If youre just shooting off a bench in fair weather sure there is a case to be made but if you are pushing equipment to the limits physically (duty, self defense, etc) or technology wise (extreme weight savings, very long range distance shooting) there are very valid reasons to be buying a $1200 scope vs a $600 one
Your point is valid, but you missed mine. A $1200 scope is not going to be twice as light, or twice as durable, etc... as a $600 scope, ever. Nor will a $2400 scope be twice as good as a $1200 scope. At a certain point, you are paying a LOT more for only a little improvement. You might pay twice as much for a 15% improvement, say.

>At a certain point, you are paying a LOT more for only a little improvement. You might pay twice as much for a 15% improvement, say.
This is how it is for most things
>cars
>boats
>guns
>aircraft
etc

The whole metric of "2x as good" or "15% as good" is flawed due to a lack of an objective way to quantify these sorts of things without extensive testing. However generally you're right and guns like any other hobby will have people who buy the best out of need or want. Nothing wrong either way. What's wrong is when you buy an inferior product and attempt to justify it by using arbitrary "well an acog isnt 3x as good as my primary arms" tier logic. This is what fuels the eteneral poorfag vs richfag debate in any hobby.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

No problem. I dont think you are wrong I think you just need to expand upon your diminishing returns argument by including usecase or userbase points.

I regularly abuse the shit out of my optics and my vortex is still working fine.

That said, i dont expect a $350 optic to stand up against a $1000 optic.

>here's your mount bro

Attached: imgp4474.jpg (900x598, 228K)

trijicon likes bending over and ass fucking anyone who buys their products, i bet the acog coast like 100$ to make and they sell them for 1300$ new

Okay retard

Looks fine to me

>mandatory ARMS mount in 2019
>external adjustments in 2019
>1.5 pounds
>$1500+
Miss me with that archaic shit

A dare a richfag to shoot his Trijicon or Elcan once with even a fucking .22short and see if they're actually tough.

MUH JAPANESE GRASS FORDED OVER ONE SOUSAND TIMESUUUUU

>an optic having to withstand being shot by .22 short to be called tough
My God, you've reached a level of retardation I didn't think possible

when the happening comes, it'll be irrelevant anyway.
only smol guns will be taken outside

Attached: haters will say.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Have you ever heard of the Lucid p7?

This african American homosexual gentleman ain’t never heard of vortex and primary arms.
Lol.

Shit for repeatability, basically have to rezero if you ever take it off.

Levers don't lock, and they actually come loose by themselves through normal use, you basically have to safety wire them if you want them to stay in place.

Which completely defeats the purpose of having a QD mount in the first place.

Elcan's QD mounts are shit and this is a well documented fact.

Attached: 1518844273802.gif (200x153, 2.48M)

>Shit for repeatability, basically have to rezero if you ever take it off.
Install gen 2 levers
>Levers don't lock, and they actually come loose by themselves through normal use,
Thats why you run a ziptie through them and use the arm to snap the ziptie

or, y'know, they could implement QD mounts that aren't dogshit on a fucking $1.5k optic?

Trijicon has the largest variety but it's not like others aren't making any.

Attached: s432-1_05acf68d3e3694_600x600.png (559x600, 251K)

Attached: 1320_1889.png (500x419, 120K)

Attached: 308-vignette_0x0.jpg (640x492, 34K)

Attached: 1396276261.jpg (653x476, 103K)

Which Acog should i get if i want a red chevron with fixed magnification 3.5x ot 4x ?

They’re not.