PTR 91

So im saving up for my 21st birthday for a big gun buy spree. Wondering about the quality and value of these ptr 91s from Atlantic. Thanks /k

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-15-09-37-54-1.png (1440x1406, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qiq3szgZgjI
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=aa2P83BbIOc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just get an AKM in 7.62x39.

Cheaper ammo, more reliable, accurate, and 7.62x39 is .30 cal.

The ptr91 is like 3 moa with shitty m80 ammo. You aren't buying an akm or a ptr for accuracy. The 7.62x51 is way more powerful than a x39

>spree

Attached: reportedtofbi.png (1920x1040, 327K)

so? with irons its all the same

Then your retarded point about accuracy is retarded

Qtddtot.

We have a fucking ptr thread everyday please stop making these fucking things or I'll punch your fucking face in.

Yes they're Jow Forums approved now fuck off

Sage newfag

They're great, but one word to describe them would be, "dense". They're not as long as you'd think but you feel the weight.
>Cheaper ammo
Yes, but PTRs eat steel case with no problems which brings the price difference to about 10cpr.
>more reliable
Um...sweaty

Attached: PTR91(1).jpg (3451x760, 696K)

>Yes, but PTRs eat steel case with no problems which brings the price difference to about 10cpr.
I've been getting steel shit x51 for about 30cpr so yea it's good

no, ak irons are better

Attached: 1390797373167.jpg (599x679, 38K)

Ghost rings and peep holes are infinitely better. Go back to the room temperature iq thread /akg/

ok sure.

Can you adjust the sights for variable range on the fly?

What did the /akg/ do to you you bullying fuck?

>Can you adjust the sights for variable range on the fly?
are you implying that shit matters? at sub 300yds?

Attached: 1397571043931.png (205x140, 2K)

Gas yourself retard.

Objectively, no.
Yes. 100m to 400m at 100m increments. You can get aftermarket sights that go to 1000m
>bullying /akg/
I wanna be mad, but I can't be. That general has gone to shit.

do you even know what these sights look like?

it can matter yah.

Are you implying the ability to zero down to specific ranges sub 300 is not useful ? All I have to do is name one scenario upon which it would be useful to adjust in that manner.

and no, i'm actually saying it matters up to 500 yards:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qiq3szgZgjI

Yes I do. Anyone with google can know as a matter of fact.

>Can you adjust the sights for variable range on the fly?
>I-i totally know what the sights look like, I googled it.

Attached: omfgir.png (300x300, 14K)

Yes you can. You just rotate the ghost ring to the ones on the side, it has multiple settings for it.

explain your objective manner of testing the subject

See:

>and no, i'm actually saying it matters up to 500 yards+

308 generally speaking shoots so flat that the range increments dont really matter. For example if you're already at 400 yards but you only have a 300 yard sight you aren't going to be missing in any real capacity. The same can be said for intermediate ranges that really don't warrant a sight change. 100 yard sights but a 200 yard target etc. It's not to say that your point of impact wont be different but it's a matter of if you can nail a man size target which is absolutely true.

Theres a series of videos where a guy shoots any particular rifle with irons all the way out to 500 yards. He doesn't really start adjusting for range until the 300 mark and incremently up from there

>Set sights to "4"
>Hold slightly high
Those goal posts heavy? An AK at 500m is an unrealistic proposition even if a US army sniper can do it off of sandbags, prone.

You are telling me that guessing with a different hold, over the target no les, is more effective than having the same site picture each time which is what you get with an AK leaf

>and i'm moving the goal posts

So this is the power of /brg/ - have a shittier firing solution and act like it is golden.

Attached: 1508170375913.jpg (451x451, 18K)

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=aa2P83BbIOc

yep, all those US army snipers with AKs getting trained.

>yep, all those US army snipers with AKs getting trained.
>Not knowing who Rob Ski is or what he does
wew lad
The AK only has sight settings out to 800m because the Russians still practiced volley fire in the 40's and they never bothered to change it.
>You are telling me that guessing with a different hold, over the target no les, is more effective than having the same site picture each time which is what you get with an AK leaf

I'm saying it doesn't matter because outside of controlled ranges shooting at distance happens so infrequently there's no point. If you have point targets past 4 or 5 hundred meters then your section MG should be shooting them while your team moves to a better position, IE closer.

at 500 yards a man sized target is merely a blip.

Your eye can determine easily if a target is just above irons, ie an AK site picture.

The same can't be done when you have to aim over a target. Your eye cannot make that judgement and you merely guessing at that point.

More over, you can lay covering fire down to 800 meters with AK site adjustments.

>Not knowing who Rob Ski is or what he does
Robski doesn't matter. The AK is designed for retards and retarded militias use it to great effect.

But here is a quote from Robski for you:

"I’m by no means, an AK expert. I’m rather an enthusiast"

Tell me how US army training makes robski a sniper with AKs anyhow though.

>If you have point targets past 4 or 5 hundred meters then your section MG should be shooting them while your team moves to a better position, IE closer.

thank you for making the point that the AK is better for me

>rationalizing this hard
Nigger, no one shoots at point targets at 500m outside of static ranges expecting to hit them. Either you're shooting at a static range where first round hits don't matter and you can just walk that shit in because it's just for fun, or you're in an army that issues you kit and you have no choice and your section MG does most of the shooting anyway. Either way what number your rear sight has on it doesn't matter one fucking bit.
>you can lay covering fire down to 800 meters with AK site adjustments
You can do the same thing with literally any gun if you're just trying to suppress them.
>Robski doesn't matter
>Tell me how US army training makes robski a sniper with AKs anyhow though.
Idk how him being currently active as a sniper in the US army would contribute to him being able to make long range, difficult shots. Shit must be magic.
>"I’m by no means, an AK expert. I’m rather an enthusiast"
He's being humble you dumbass. The dude lives and breathes AKs.
>thank you for making the point that the AK is better for me
You're right. It's great for all the firefights you'll be taking your civilian legal, semi-auto sporter to.

Attached: 1465521710600.png (446x456, 262K)

>muh AK is better because the sights go higher
>t. ZANLA

Get a load of this faggot.

OP dont listen to this user. Definitely go ahead on a PTR91. And if you want an AK buy an ak74 in 5.45×39.

Its great fren!

Attached: Owl n PTR.jpg (4608x2920, 2.65M)

It's a good rifle, buy it
Just remember that it flings brass to the 2-3 o clock at mach 12

PTR 91s are positively based. 100% American made milspec G3s for under $1000.
Watch the MAC review on them where he compares one to a genuine HK and can’t find fuckall differences between the two.
Disregard the nutnfancy review where he reviews a version that’s been out of production for years and bitches about issues they’ve corrected since then.

t. Owner of PTR 91 GIR

>Owner of PTR 91 GIR
>R

lol fuck off railfag

Very good. Dirty as fuck. Only the 91 GI is 100% in spec, the rest are touchy about ammo.

Get the one with the rail. Not having one is my number one regret. That, and the parked finish not matching wooden milsurp furniture.

Attached: IMG_20190113_232326.jpg (1839x1067, 1.15M)

>Get the one with the rail. Not having one is my number one regret.

Says the guy who bought an ammo can with a giant sticker that says fucking "Ammo Can" on it. Rails are pig ugly on HK roller delay guns and you can get a lot more variety in mounts if you actually want an optic on a 4 MOA battle rife.

>need an ammo can immediately
>live five minutes from walmart
>fuck it, it's $12
>order actual ones, but they haven't shipped yet

Also
>4MOA
Only with wolf. It's really more of a 2 MOA rifle. Where's the "you need a sub-moa match rifle or a scope is pointless" meme come from anyways? Bad eyesight + irons = target-sized groups with several flyers past 200 yards.

Why won't mine reliably eject tul and wolf?

Zero arguments against ak>PTR

Is AK iron sight distance shooting a nominal shooting exercise for snipers in the US army?

I know he is being humble. He is just an enthusiast.

>implying you need more than a targe sized group if you're shooting steel

git steel

Because its designed to run .mil 7.62x51 NATO and not commerical .308 shitsteel powered ammo.

out of spec/dirty chamber flutes

GIs are in spec, other models are more accurate but won't cycle everything reliably without a different locking piece at the least.

Even a 1x scope is better than irons. It provide a clearer sight picture than irons. People don't understand scopes arent just a means of magnification. A lot of the optics developed around WWII were pretty low power (

PTR is always good.

>21st birthday for a big gun buy spree
21 is a pretty stupid age to be blowing your savings on guns. In a year, you'll graduate college and realize that life costs a fucking lot of money once you're on your own. As an adult, you will be privileged with the choice to either spend 40% of your monthly earnings on rent for an apartment (and almost all of the rest on various bills), or else you need to keep every penny of your savings, starting 5 years ago, so you have at least a 20% downpayment for a non-shitty house.

Typing this from my parents' basement, btw. Don't end up like me. Your 21st birthday is a good year to get a gun or two, but if *you* consider it to be a "buying spree," then chances are that you're about to spend way too much on non-essentials.

Attached: pantsu on head retarded.jpg (848x941, 70K)

I bought one 3 years ago as part of my panic 2016 buy...mine was GIR edition. Hasn’t jammed once, took a deer with it this past fall, I shoot steel or whatever through it, grabs attention at the range. Only negs are its heavy compared to other options, but just do some pushups and you’ll be good. Also best group is 1.5 MOA. Not super duper accurate, but enjoyable and I have no intentions to sell.

Very true. Nutnfancy didn’t give it a chance. I love his reviews once I fast forward through the first 5 mins of him talking about himself....but that review just wasn’t right. Iraq8888 or MAC did good reviews. Waiting for the garand thumb one.

Good fun gun but an AR10 is the more practical choice. Less heavy, more accurate, more familiar, and more common.

The ammo can label also has a picture of an ammo can, just in case you didn't know that the can labeled "ammo can" was an ammo can.

Bought a PTR-91 A3R from Atlantic. Smooth transaction, couldn't be happier with the gun. Honestly, I've dealt with Blaine at AA before, both while working for an FFL and later as a customer and I have to commend them on their customer service. My only complaint is that I wish they would take out of stock firearms off their listings unless they had a reasonable expectation that they would be getting more in stock in a reasonable time table. I'm tired of being taunted by guns I can't buy and know won't be in stock anytime soon, if at all.

Nutnurmouth did a review of a Steyr AUG where he trashed it because it wouldn't shoot Tulammo .223 without jamming. Personally, I've had failure to extracts with Tulammo .223 in both an AR and a Polytech AK, so I'm not exactly inclined to trust a reviewer that blames notoriously shit ammo over a quality firearm just because "cheap steel bull shit might be all I have to shoot."

Take your sensible advice and get the fuck off of my board

I kind of want an A3R but it seems cheaper to just get an A3S from somewhere else and slap the wide guard on it.
Too bad Atlantic won't ship proper mags to my cuck state even though nobody here enforces the law.

I want to get a PTR someday. How affordable are mags?

Breh, G3 mags are like $5 a pop for aluminum, $10 for steel. Even 50 round drums are reasonable all things considered.

They've nearly doubled in price over the last few years. Now instead of being $3 a piece they're $5.

Interesting

The only mags you have to watch out for are the 30 round mags marked "South African surplus." Negating the fact that I've never seen evidence the SADF ever used any 30 round mags, the ones that have been sold in the US at gunshow tables since the 80's are all clearly Chink made M14 mags with a G3 collar sloppily welded on. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone at ARFBOOMER that have ever claimed they had one that worked, even the guys selling them on the equipment exchange lel.

underrated post user

Attached: greys_scout_horseback.jpg (960x647, 68K)

How else u wanna get mo' DAKKA?

I got mine a few years ago for $850 shipped and with transfer fees, but that isn't too bad of a price. I think it's a great gun, but the ammo is expensive. PTR has great customer service, too. My stock cracked and they sent me a new one no questions asked and for no charge.

Tulammo/Wolf fails to extract all the time. I've had it happen in a 9mm pistol, .223 AR, and .308 bolt action. Never again.

Dont do it op. Costs too much to shoot and its heavy. Just be a basicboi and get an ar or ak like the rest of us.

t. An owner of ptr91

I've only had issues with steel case ammo in straight wall cases like .223, my AKs will chew up and spit out a steel cartridge 7.62x39. Of special note is that the only exception to this is 7.62x51mm from my PTR-91. That roller lock system WILL extract and eject. It will fucking chuck that brass, or steel, or probably tungsten carbide. If it feeds, it extracts.