Why?

>$80 charging handle
Why tho?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-15-07-21-06.png (1440x2560, 273K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/charging-handle-parts/latches/ar-15-m16-tactical-latch-prod1387.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To show that you're not some kind of generic milspec pleb

They can routinely be found on sale from various licensed manufacturers for $40-$50. Use one and you'll understand why people like them.

get a bcm4 for $40

to take money from rubes

Anyone with a Raptor is viewed as a complete tryhard with more money than sense and no taste. If you wanted to showcase gucci and not advertise you're a nigger you'd get a BCM Gunfighter.

>getting bothered by a purchase that is the equivalent of 2 work hours

>to show that you're a fucking retarded faggot who will pay $80 for a $2 piece of aluminum, that costs $10 to manufacture, because you're so desperate to be a high-speed operator.
ftfy

more like 8

To bask in the tears of the milspecfags, who are eternally poor and angry. Already a good quantity in here.

I bought the Chinese knockoff on Ebay, bretty gud.

I'm not upset. I asked why.
"I can buy this, so I will" -eternally poor nigger logic. How will it improve my shooting experience or prove useful in a home defense situation?

if its that cheap, why not go into business yourself?

Why is it better?

Go to trade school or college. Stop being poor.

>How will it improve my shooting experience or prove useful in a home defense situation?
Better ergos. Ambidextrous. Easier to manipulate.

Because I'm a pilot, not a machinist or entrepreneur. Not at all interested in running a business.

See

>Better ergos
In what way? I've never thought "this is uncomfortable and inconvenient" as I chambered a round.

>ambidextrous
The mil-spec charging handle is ambidextrous unless you're disabled.

>easier to manipulate
I've also never once thought "wow, this is so difficult and slow to manipulate" as I chambered a round, and I'm willing to bet that this would not reduce my split time at all.

Hello gucci fags, would an upgraded charging handle help me in this situation?
>bullet gets pushed into case while loading
>gunpowder spills everywhere into the chamber
>clean it out as best you can, chamber a new round
>it fires but wont extract
>stuck like it was cemented in place
>place buttstock on the ground and start kicking the milspec charging handle downwards

no i like my job

There are cheaper ambis that don't look like they were designed by someone who comes up with hardware for "pro-league" gamers

Then don't buy it. I'm just telling you, if you use one, then use the other, you'll probably have a better experience with the raptor or something similar. There are gun owners that like to make small optimizations instead of saying "this just works"

BCM is great but desu i prefer geissele. i would put bcm as second though.

does it charge itself

Attached: E231016E-0467-458B-B7E5-075986673751.jpg (1451x2048, 343K)

Sounds like upgrading ammo might be more useful

That aformentioned scenario happened once to me, and that upper has been cursed from then on. Never works for more than 5 rounds without being horribly jammed, and I've cleaned it out a few times. Every other upper I have works great. Maybe I'm a retard

Attached: angery.png (362x326, 131K)

I guess it must

What ammo from hell are you using? Or was this a homemade reload? Never had this even with the absolute cheapest garbage.

75 gr hollowpoint boat tail from PPU. It has very weak neck tension - you can easily push a bullet into the case by just pushing it against the shooting bench. Also, it's not very accurate. My reloads are consistently more accurate, and I use a slight crimp, so I have never had this problem.

Attached: garbage ammo.jpg (640x480, 44K)

They are nice I don't like the big latches like that though

>you can easily push a bullet into the case by just pushing it against the shooting bench.
Holy goddamned shit why the fuck are you still using this garbage

>$5k for a shotty
i hate my country

Attached: C12C34F3-5CE4-4145-8AFC-B670FF901FBC.png (750x1334, 371K)

I have 1400 rounds of it

>nice
What makes them nicer?

Can you just take the factory ammo and run it through a crimping die to make it safer?

>.,
Your county has bigger problems than the cost of that shotgun.

Well good job, genius

I thought I was getting the deal of the century on some sekrit sniper ammo for my 20"

Attached: 1530709835858.jpg (209x249, 10K)

What kind of groups do you get with this shit?
>my 20"
5.56 or .223 Wylde?

like what

>What kind of groups do you get with this shit
1.25 to 1.5 moa on average at 100 yards with the PPU, and my autistic handloads will usually do 0.9 to 1 moa at 100 yards. My rifle is not a high accuracy setup, it's a 20" FN CHF barrel from PSA, free floated, with a 5.56mm chamber.

xx.xxx,xx
xx.xxx,xx
xx.xxx,xx

Not bad, actually.

>amdextrious
While myself is I prefer my right side as does the large majority of people so that's a niche thing more than anything
>ergonomics
More of an opinion than anything, for me AR charging handles are awkward for me I prefer charging handles on the side or upfront on the barrel side like some HKs
On that note, does anyone know the name of that AR charging handle that moves the grabpoint to the side above the bolt release?

because I'm not poor

Then don't buy one and quit your bitching. That's how capitalism works. They're selling well so there's obviously a demand for them.

I have a BCM Gunfighter Mod 4B on my rifle. Maybe you're looking for something like that?

Attached: BCM-GFH-MOD4-556-2.jpg (500x375, 14K)

Don't bully the Brazilian, their country is shifty enough already.

Nah it's like a charging handle that makes a U shape and goes back around to put the "charger" above the bolt release to give a more "traditional" feel to the rifle, I can't remember the name and havent seen it in years but I know from experience that styling of charging a rifles more comfortable for me atleast

I didn't insist it should cost less. I asked why I would spend $80 on this CH.

Do you own one by any chance?

I have used the 69 gr for years, shot hundred of them and never had this problem. I will say it's not particularly accurate but it's around 1.5-1.75 moa which is better than me in most circumstances. Almost cheap enough to plink with and it puts hurt on whatever it hits, fragments very well in ground hogs.

Attached: unnamed-2-1392x783.jpg (1392x783, 106K)

Personally I like the Raptor. The ergonomics is comfy on the fingers. I shoot lefty so ambi is a useful feature. I don't like the milspec handles because the little nub you have to depress to pull the handle back tends to dig into my finger.

An ambi BCM Gunfighter costs literally the same amount as a Raptor, fucktard.

I concur, the HPBT PPU ammo is definitely accurate enough for squirrel hunting, and I approve of the results, but it isn't very reliable for me. I feel like it would be best in a bolt action .223 with a 1-in-7 twist.

No, I have a BCM Gunfighter Mod 4B on my rifle. I wouldn't spend $80 on a charging handle lol.

Read the last part of the post you illiterate prole, the Gunfighter costs as much and does the same thing while not looking like an edgy cringefest like the Raptor.

Typical Radian fag.

The gun world has huge markups dude. Most things you buy at the store cost AT LEAST 100% then what you pay. No matter what you sell you wanna make at least dubble off it. In the gun world thats true and then some.

Okay, then we're in agreement,

Liar. You are no pilot.

You can get a side charging upper receiver but I haven’t heard or seen a charging handle that mimics one. Pretty cool idea though

Cause ur mom’s a gay nigger

I just got this works great for me brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/charging-handle-parts/latches/ar-15-m16-tactical-latch-prod1387.aspx

I think it was a kickstarter or some shit I cant remember, and that's my only real gripe with the AR platform is the rear charging handle, I understand why the did it because it makes a better seal to keep the gun clean but with modern tooling a side mounted charging handle on an AR can keep it sealed just as well

I have a raptor charging handle from years ago, was like $30 though. $80 is ludicrous.

Anyway, it's cool, but the standard charging handle is fucking fine.

the AR has pretty poor ergos that no expensive charging handle can fix.

systems with better manual of arms
> roller delayed HK guns (except lack of bolt catch)
> the M1 family
> kalisnikov
> deawoo
> scar

the AR is a gun designed to work perfectly.
if the gun doesn't have any problems, it doesn't matter that you must get your face out of the way and swing the gun down to use the CH
if the gun doesn't jam, it won't be a problem that you can only open the action if it's totally locked into battery

>kalshnikov
>better manual of arms

get_a_load_of_this_guy.jpg

Same here. $15 before jewBay took the listings down because muh salt weapon parts and not airsoft parts. Mallninjas who paid more than $20 for a fucking charging handle ITT are seething.

My cheapo PSA upper came with an ambi CH, I'm not sure if they upgraded me to be nice or if it's all they had at the time

>all the Guccifags in this thread

Attached: 1440961896256.png (578x712, 38K)

COPE charging handle for a COPE gun, anyone who buys this shit is just a wannabe rambo retard who can't even hit paper from 10 yards
wakka wakka wakka wakka

I just recently bought an AR-15 (Stag 5.56) and when browsing for some extra hex mags for it, I saw a shit load of seemingly normal looking parts that were Uber expensive, but did the same function as full metal generic ones. Do these parts just make the gun overall lighter? Or is there something I'm missing?

Is this like running a Chinese no name eBay turbo vs a name brand Garret?

>white supremacist racist nazi germany rolley delayed HK meme
i can tell
you've never shot a gun
you're underage
you play video games too much

>not buying all your gun related items on Father's Day, Black Friday, Christmas, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day sales.

Only a fool pays full MSRP for shit like this

because it feels like butter man, i cant go back now
and its strong like ox

>not advertise you're a nigger
>BCM
lol

Just get the $7 one from wish.

Attached: Capture+_2019-01-15-21-09-23.png (720x1199, 455K)

Never had a issue with the one that comes with the rifle, you only use it once per shooting session anyway LMAO.

What brand of AR makers are not Gucci tacticool tryhards or cheap, bad quality pieces of shit? What gunmaker produces normal, dependable, ARs?

Attached: this makes the tomato question many things.gif (320x213, 1.24M)

lol There's a huge thread on ar15.com about Stag passing these off as US made. tl;dr they are gritty and several broke, Stag issued thousands of refunds.

Why don't you guys just get an extended latch and install it to your old charging handle?

BCM is what you're looking for. LMT makes a hell of an ar for more money though.

BCM is pretty good. Just buy their OEM uppers and build on a Aero 80% lower. Slap on an a cheap A2 stock/handguard and throw on a carry handle or rear sight of your choosing. Tacticool rails they're selling are too expensive for me.

BCM invented the tacticool Gucci AR market.
What are you actually trying to get out your rifle?
or are you just wanting to be a contrarian?