New Hi-Point

>guns.com/news/2019/01/15/new-more-contemporary-hi-point-pistol-promised-for-shot-show

>Hi-Point, which is in the midst of a rebranding of sorts now some three years after their founders death, has few details of their new pistol set for release later this month, but has confirmed that it will include a threaded barrel and will have a standard capacity of larger than 10-rounds, both of which are a departure from their normal fare.

>“This is not an old model with a few tweaks like the latest version of someone’s 1911,” said Shults Media, Hi-Point’s PR company. “This is an entirely new pistol of a more contemporary design and yet will retain Hi-Point’s affordable pricing, reliability, robust construction, accuracy and owner following lifetime warranty.”

What do you think lads? Could Hi-Point actually make a genuine contender in terms of Glock, Sig and S&W?

Attached: AE17BBBA-42DA-4250-89AE-082B8F6DABF0.png (828x465, 8K)

>hi-point makes a Glock clone
I want it just for the memes

Please God let them bring back the $100 wrap

Will it take something like Glock mags or is hi-point going to try to half ass their own double stack mags I wonder?

bumping for problem solvas

I just want them to make pink mags where the bottom of the mag is shapped like a ballsack to fuck with t cup faggots

They would've done this decades ago if the founder wasn't retarded. This will change everything if it costs close to the original and doesn't have crude shit disassembly and safeties.

pls be 10mm longslide

LMAO they're gonna be good like the first act of the gun world.

For the uneducated swine, First Act is typically a child's brand of musical instruments sold at toys r us and other hobby stores, but what most people don't know is they have had a high end NY custom shop akin to Ibanez LACS or Jackson USA that produces some top tier shit that artists like Mastodon and Cheap Trick have endorsed.

There's your out of the bubble lesson for today you cock sucking pieces of shit.

Just imagine user:
>long side
>threaded barrel
>double stack mags with 15+ rounds
>under $300

HiPoint Calculators when

Attached: 1547100512743.jpg (640x640, 51K)

while i agree, i think the business model is the similar to glocks. a lot of people ask why glock doesnt make an X, when the fact is they dont have to. they sell plenty of glocks as is without having to put r&d/production/marketing money into something radically new and different.
of course, hi point doenst have nearly the amount of business glock does, but they make a cheap gun that works. they have their niche and im sure they were very comfortable in it.
in any case, im happy there will soon be more gun options on the market.

i think every American should own a hi-point for the memes.

if you make more than 10k a year there is literally no reason why you shouldn't have one right now.

9mm and 10mm carbines with 30 round mags please. If they can make them non hideous too, that would be great. Icing on the cake: hunna dolla bill finish.

I could see this as almost the gun for people that bridges the gap between the first time gun owner that buys a hi-point and the average Glock owner. Like a stepping stone of sorts

You are a literal retard if you somehow think it's feasible to make a double stack modern pistols that isn't crudely made for $135 fucking dollars.

Every single thing on a C9 is done to cut costs, single stack mags, cheaper, blowback 9mm using zymac slides, cheaper,no takedown unless you punch out pin, cheaper, shitty safeties, cheaper

What if it's something more like a calico?

Okay something different is interesting but I bet you $1000 it either won't be any cheaper than a Creed or Security 9, or be slightly cheaper and worse quality than either.

While I agree with what you’re saying, I think that if there ever were a company to make a decent polymer frame handgun with current popular features for under $200, it would be Hi-Point

Ehh. I think it will be a $250 gun that has surprising quality past the lower end rugers or a $150 gun with the approximate quality of a Ruger 9E

Thanks user, that was actually genuinely cool.

I've got one for you...

Designer make up is often made by the same companies who do drug store knock offs.

Short of it being literally just a c9 with a thicker mag I don't see it happening. It'd be great if they came out with something genuinely good and locked breach for sub $200 but my money is basically a c9 thats glock mags.
Go buy a Sar Arms B6 if you are really that desperate for something near $200

>Ehh. I think it will be a $250 gun that has surprising quality past the lower end rugers
remind me who's been playing the budget pistol game for over 40 years? Certainly not the company making guns out of potmetal.

Nearly every company does this. A lot of profits come from private label/off-brand products. Having options other than your main label is also important to mitigating loss - if a batch of products doesn't meet the quality standards of the brand name isn't too bad, it's sold as off-brand for consumers or as bulk stock for another company, which then either recycles or sells it.

Hell I’d buy a C9 that took Glock mags for $200. I could finally toss proper stendos in it

>rebranding of sorts
HI-ER POINT

Attached: hi-er point.jpg (660x384, 33K)

their biggest issue has always been their magazine. hopefully if they unfuck that one their pistols, they will upgrade their carbines with better mags as well.

>In 2003, First Act sued the music retailer Brook Mays for false advertising, after the retailer had distributed marketing materials to school band directors which criticized the company's products as "instrument-shaped objects," thus encouraging their customers to return them.

pretty brutal roast, but then Brook Mays went bust, so they got the last laugh anyway

God now I am going praying Hi-Point starts a custom shop called “Hi-est Point”

>designer make-up manufacturers regularly commit strong-armed robbery of pharmacies for generic pharmaceuticals

Attached: 53BFE371-C865-4605-AECE-7E01AC62CE3F.jpg (480x480, 38K)

>Glock makes a Hi-Point C9 and C9 compact
>Hi-point makes a Glock 19x TacOps

My brain is fried.

>inb4 direct blowback 5.56 "pistol" that accepts AR mags

i wish a nigga would

>Every single thing on a C9 is done to cut costs, single stack mags, cheaper, blowback 9mm using zymac slides, cheaper,no takedown unless you punch out pin, cheaper, shitty safeties, cheaper
A double stack mag, easier disassembly and an extended or removed safety lever would hardly increase costs, you'd have to be a literal retard to disagree. I never said they should make them out of different materials.

>increase complexity of both individual parts and need more parts in the design to accommodate those new features
>require complete redesign
>hardly increase costs

Attached: retarded children'.png (241x266, 108K)

i do think double stack mag is one of the new features theyll unveil.

The tooling and R&D costs are distributed over hundreds of thousands of guns, and nothing mentioned would necessarily increase part count or complexity. So yeah, it would hardly increase costs.

Alright then,so we should expect these to be $150 guns instead then?

My bet is that it’s going to be a bit like the stamped 1911 prototype but with the following:
>threaded barrel
>striker fired
>polymer frame
>double stack using Glock mags

Attached: E4E9306F-E6C0-478C-9984-F20BABA9DD94.jpg (1024x461, 65K)

>it'll be like this one thing
>except having literally nothing in common with it

Yeah exactly. What that doesn’t make perfect sense to you?

Neat.
>genuine contender
No, not even with Taurus at this point. The best niche they have is "super cheap but functional" and "cheap carbine in pistol calibers and 10mm." They are the king of poorfag pistol carbines until Ruger decides to make the PCC in something besides 9mm.

>literally no reason why you shouldn't have one
1. They're piss ugly
2. I don't give a fuck
There ya go, that's two

They're probably gonna overprice them, I'm just saying they could sell them in that range.