Do you agree?

Do you agree?

Attached: 1442803547635.jpg (696x720, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

inb4 boomer posting.
It's all true.

Attached: take it easy man.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Things change over 100 years, especially technology? Woah.

>only feeds ball ammo properly
>full size is too big to conceal, compacts don't have enough slide travel to work properly
>internal extractors guaranteed to not work
>slide stop guaranteed to not work
>needs 12 different safeties to keep retards from NDing into themselves
>only holds seven rounds but is heavier than a full size double stack polymer pistol

Attached: 20181130_092733.jpg (100x134, 17K)

Yes. The statement is accurate, especially about graft.

>there is something wrong with ball ammo
Fuck yourself. The rest of your post is unimaginative lies.

modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250

Attached: 1911meme.jpg (600x900, 69K)

Is that why even gucci reproductions of the 1911 are ammo picky at best while boring glocks have a track record of doing what they do predictably well?

Look I hate glock as a company and insist that in a non borderline pocket carry size that a proper DA/SA is superior to Striker-Fire and pleas for the "consistent trigger" come from that lowest common denominator.

But the 1911 is like a '69 Charger: Aesthetic but sluggish, overhyped, overrated and virtually anything based on a post 80s design blows it away on actual end result performance

>

Attached: legendaryboomerget.png (1874x179, 19K)

It's absolutely true.

It also omits a lot of other things which are equally true, like:
>virtually anything based on a post 80s design blows it away on actual end result performance

I'm not sure why it has to be one vs. the other.

>even gucci reproductions
Those aren't reproductions. Tight fighting 1911s are out-of-spec 1911s. GI repros are the only models worth carrying for defense.

Attached: 927.jpg (1029x1000, 275K)

Should've just said
>boomer boomer boomer, won WW2, boomer
It would've been less retarded and more succinct

>worth carrying for defense.
>7+1 fullsize
lmaoing at your life

>pointing out corruption in the government is retarded
hello rabbi

>actually carrying a 1911

Attached: 5wzHw.jpg (520x853, 72K)

I edc a 5 shot 38. fite me.

Carry what you like, I'll do the same. When did the gun community become a bunch of faggots?

>oh right, I'm on Jow Forums...
Carry on, noguns!

Attached: 1443550799201.jpg (1950x2400, 616K)

>ruger, remington and kimber on entry level
excuse me

I got a s&w model 39b, seems to be just a slightly newer 1911, how does it differ? Mine carries 8 instead of 7 rounds and its 9mm not sure how else

Attached: 1441422770598.jpg (1024x695, 357K)

It's a pretty looking pistol and I want pic related.

Attached: Colt 1911 Commercial model.jpg (500x258, 21K)

Attached: 1442806518214.jpg (4272x2848, 1.1M)

Attached: wm_7241851.jpg (5640x3688, 1.31M)

Uh, you forgot RIA.

There's literally nothing about the 1911 that's better than a modern gun.

Holy fuck that was such a level of zoomer I didnt even know was humanly possible

I don't get the appeal of the 1911. Is it just because it's a design that was featured in earlier wars that makes it popular? Like how some vets refuse to let go of their M14 vs an AR platform? Because for the cost of a really good 1911, you can get a double stack .45 full size handgun with better ammo compatibility, more rounds per mag, etc.

Don't get me wrong the 1911 is a cool looking gun whose design has some history behind it, but come the fuck on. They're no the end all be all. And shit I'd rather have a 9mm full size with an 18+ round mag and some Fatboy hollow points than rely on .45 ball ammo just to not jam.

I struggle to come up with a good reason why, but Ive always loved the look of the 1911. I just find it an unbelievably sexy gun. I do have a bit of a hard on for a lot of WW2 weapons but, of them, the 1911 is my favorite.

Between my dad and step-mom Ive shot a good dozen or so styles of pistols, pretty much all 9mm. Glock, Beretta, Sig, compact, full size, striker, DA/SA, etc. While they all shot fine and were decent in the hand, none of them inspired me to buy them.

Got my 1911 and fell in love on the first mag. Part of that is personal bias, Id wanted a gun for years, but there was other reasons. First, it was the best trigger that Id used so far. The next best wouldve been the DA/SA pistols I had tried before, but even their SA pulls werent as nice. The recoil was not as heavy as what I was expecting for a 45 either, the heavier frame helps a lot. I had shot 9s that were almlst entirely polymer that would kick almost as much.

This was all on a mid range GI style 1911, so not even anything fancy. I have to stop myself when I go to the range with it because I could shoot it all day. So far, zero malfunctions either. Do I think 45 is objectively better than 9 or that the 1911 is a paragon of handguns? No, but the 1911 is the best handgun Ive shot so far and its my favorite.

checked

>Too big to conceal
For you

one day.....

I was about to say, remember this is Jow Forums. This isn't the gun community at all.

Look, man, I ain't gonna go all autism over it. The 1911 is just a fun gun, and that's the end of it. It's too big for me to easily conceal, but that's about the only issue I have.

I will say I don't really understand the meme about jamming, since I've only had it happen with the shittiest of range-reloaded ammo, but whatevs.

1911 has always been popular, but was losing ground to hicap 9s. Then comes the AWB. The market and innovation for small guns with 10 rounds and single stack bigbores blew the fuck up big time. A whole new generation of shooters grew up on the 1911 and they still like them today. At least that's how I remember it.

How about no plastic? Will a Glock still be shooting in 100 years, or will it be crumbling to dust? I don't know, but plastic does have a shelf life, unlike steel.

I have a Mossberg 44US with a plastic trigger guard that was made 70 years ago. It's shrunk a little, but other than that it's intact. We've advanced polymer design quite a bit since then too.

>too big to conceal
What kind of a manlet do you have to be that you can't conceal it? Christ...

Wut about Korth PRS

not 1911

>plastic does have a shelf life, unlike steel.

Attached: rusty_1911_pistol.jpg (640x408, 43K)

I like mine but I only really got it for the sake of having one. Also because $7 mags.

Attached: 20181108_141415.jpg (2462x1836, 2.25M)

true, but if you take care of it, it will last.

Attached: L5rFALs.jpg (4032x2268, 1.3M)

How did you make that grip

Laser engraver

No, I don't. The fit and finish of gov issue 1911s leave much to be desired and modern offerings do everything it does better. In fact I bet a USP has a better lifespan than a 1911 by centuries.