Gun Owners of America is funding their challenge to the federal law that they were convicted under for using an...

Gun Owners of America is funding their challenge to the federal law that they were convicted under for using an unregistered suprressor, which was legal under Kansas state law.

gunowners.org/gun-owners-of-america-funds-challenge-to-national-firearms-act-in-u-s-supreme-court.htm
While I'm happy to see GOA swinging in the big leagues, this and all the federal pot busts should be a giant reminder that your state legislatures and local law enforcement cannot, and frankly will not even try, to defend your ass from federal LEOs or prosecution. In Kettler's case, he believed his governor and state legislators that purchasing a silencer made in his own state was legal. When federal prosecutors brought charges against him, the Kansas AG elected to not provide neither legal defense or a challenge to federal court proceedings. Hell, not even an amicus brief. The law was nothing but an attempt to get pro-gun votes.

Those of you counting on state or local law enforcement to protect your gun rights should take this court case into account.

Anyway, looks like someone finally has standing to challenge the NFA, the poor bastard. At least he won't see jail time in the likely event that the SCOTUS denies cert.

Attached: jeremy-kettler-convicted-felon.png (1244x936, 993K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMVSQVn97es
youtube.com/watch?v=AdUBTE9JpgI&feature=youtu.be&t=116
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My state (NY) is harder on us than the federal government is :( Cuomo fucks us dry while the feds point and laugh

Hot diggity damn, I hope this goes somewhere.

You'd never see the NRA stick their necks out like this. Why hasn't Jow Forums taken the GOA pill?

>You'd never see the NRA stick their necks out like this
Just stop.

calicuck here, I feel you man. Quiet noncompliance and not chimping out are the key here.

Won't help you there, I'm afraid. Best case scenario, it strikes down the excise tax on the manufacture and registration of NFA items other than automatic weapons.

> Not being happy that you have multiple lobbying groups supporting your cause
A house divided, user.

If it overturns Miller, the NFA altogether could go down.

Can we please let the federal government fail? States rights, if I dont like california's laws. I move to montana.

>(((NRA)))
>supporting "our" cause

All other points aside, that was bit fucked up of Kansas to pass that law and confuse the hell out of people who dont understand legal hierarchy resulting in this sad SOB getting shafted by the ATF

>not supporting a lobbying group that actively compromises on your constitutional rights
>inb4 bumpstocks don’t matter
Yeah, neither did assault rifles and short barrel weapons and suppressors.

Is kansas the most uncucked state? Maybe im saying that cuz im a Wichita fag, but honestly, besides alaska it seems like it is

So it's a law until it isn't?

I would consider a state to be based if the governor of said state declared that his state is no longer following any federal laws and legislation concerning firearms and drug use while simultaneously mobilizing the guard to physically remove federal buildings within state lines and mobilize against any federal incursion on said rulings. Until then, no state is based.

Attached: CBFCE28B-97F7-4AD7-B627-703A115304BA.png (1440x1094, 1.82M)

confederation soon?

Attached: Federation-VERSUS-Confederation[1].jpg (550x470, 212K)

Because Jow Forums actually supports gun control

More like it was a law until it inconvenienced them, then they changed their mind.

Oops, California just made it illegal for you to move out of the state without first handing over 90% of your assets.

>Shoot way out of state
>hide in exile
>northern idaho
come and take em

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMVSQVn97es

Anons feelin it

Attached: 4A85F9AD-D8EF-4C42-961A-59188FE0B150.png (615x409, 498K)

Federal law trumps state law. State legislature can’t just make a law that says “hey dudes this federal who doesn’t count lol.”

Looks like GOA is taking the opportunity to challenge the constituionality of the NFA itself. I’m doubtful the Surpreme Court will even take it because good things never happen.

Yup, literally all the district court has to say is "supremacy clause" and all this gets shut down real fucking quick...kinda sad.

Kavanaugh's job is to keep rich people rich and make sure campaign funding can be as dark as Wesley Snipes, they won't hear about the NFA.

Based califag

B-but Kavanaugh was supposed to repeal the NFA his first day on the court!

Maybe, the fact that the vast majority of Jow Forums is noguns i would assume some would be compromisers and zoomer versions of fudds.

Except according to how the central government justifies literally every power grab (interstate commerce clause) can't be used if it's intrastate commerce. Kansas passed a law that's already the law of the land, and this guy was abiding by the rules. The suppressor was made, sold, and kept in Kansas by a citizen of Kansas. The central government can go fuck itself.

I'm happy that I donate and support GoA, this cases and the bump stock case are the reason why I will continue to do so.

90% of 0 is still 0

Attached: 7194b60c42a96e272e[1].jpg (1280x1024, 41K)

This is the Jow Forums version of "Jow Forums is just satire"

Fuck off kike

Attached: 1547576210433m.jpg (518x1024, 91K)

>Federal law trumps state law. State legislature can’t just make a law that says “hey dudes this federal who doesn’t count lol.”

except, conveniently, in the case of anything supported by the left

>muh sanctuary states

Tell that to weed law, I'm not against weed or anything but there are several states that are waving their laws against the federal and the federal isn't doing shit. Then there is the whole sanctuary cities/state bullshit. I personally hope they get to a high level court and try to reconcile the supremacy clause when there are so many state laws going against the federal.

Why does it offend your delicate constitution?

Can you not stomach that you've literally been handing money to nigger faggots who suck and fuck Russian operatives?

Now this is what I call shareblue.

Attached: 4d parcheesi.jpg (575x862, 65K)

REMINDER
>the feds are tyrants, and corrupt as well
>so is the state
>your county probably is
>local government is either worse than the feds or nonexistent
>POWER IS DIRECTLY TIED TO THE USE OF VIOLENCE
>you are being taxed and legislated against without representation
>if the people of America will not rebel they are complicit in the war crimes committed by the Anglo-American shadow government
>if you really love freedom and America in the year 2019, you are either a Support role, a Combatant, or a deserter...

Attached: 1525846945204.png (320x240, 12K)

>your state legislatures and local law enforcement cannot, and frankly will not even try, to defend your ass from federal LEOs or prosecution
It would be unconstitutional for them to do so. Nullification has always been illegal.

You mean like the AWB lawsuit in MA the NRA is funding? Or the countless others? Grow up faggot.

>people still actually believe the Trump Russia collusion after years of zero evidence
Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=AdUBTE9JpgI&feature=youtu.be&t=116

Bud don't bring these things up here you should know better than to talk about the R*ss** thing in this trump stronghold
Hell he even got them here to support the bumpstock ban.

It's absurd to just state "IT'S ILLEGAL" like it's a fact. It's a hotly contested issue that has been argued about since the constitution was signed. It's not unconstitutional, infact the concept of nullification was crucial to the constitution even being signed. The only reason it hasn't been upheld in federal courts is that it's a check on the federal government's power. Nullification makes complete sense unless you're a bootlicker/tyrant who wants to force a one size fits all solution on an entire diverse country of 350+ million people.

>there are several states that are waving their laws against the federal and the federal isn't doing shit.
DEA is still raiding state-complaint dispensaries on a monthly basis.

>Then there is the whole sanctuary cities/state bullshit.
ICE operates across the country on KNOWN illegal aliens on the regular. A sanctuary city simply refuses to make their arrests or detection of illegal aliens known to ICE.

Defend as file a fucking amicus brief, or have the state AG handle the appealate court case. Not guns blazing.

Could the NFA get lost within our lifetime?

the man just wanted a fucking pepsi, jfc.

noe

Calm down incel

I support both groups
:^)

>Federal law trumps state law.
Only when the law relates to powers explicitly granted to the Federal government in the Constitution. The NFA is entirely unconstitutional.

>trying to play the state law card
That only works when you're against guns, obviously
Also the 10th Amendment squashes state power over NFA items.

Jesus Christ please read the 10th amendment you stupid apes. The federal government legally can't make a law about anything, espisally if such a thing is a constitutionally recognized natural right.

Almost all federal law is based entirely on the interstate commerce clause.

because Jow Forums is unironically a Hillary board, and no I'm not fucking joking. These retards get all tilted about Trump

Suppressors aren't recognized as a natural right, and they aren't covered under 2a

>Almost all federal law is based entirely on the interstate commerce clause.

This right here is the biggest crock of shit in modern history. It completely turns the intended structure of the government on its head.
Each state is supposed to be about as powerful as the federal government, and the feds were only supposed to step in to settle conflict between two states, or between a state and a foreign nation.

The supreme court has failed. It's time to take the nullification pill.

One main reason why I want to be on a jury to spread the word of jury nullification on every unjust law.

It's true, total disgrace.

Be careful spreading the information in a courtroom. If you disclose it during Voir dire, you could be held in contempt for screwing with the jury.

>reddit spacing
when will you shareblue fags realize that no matter how many times you post this psyop it won't work.

Shame, suppressors prevent hearing damage and actual literal fucking brain damage.

Muzzle blast and certain levels of recoil shake you up so badly it's like getting a tiny concussion with each round.

>the wall won't be built
>the wall will only be so long
>we'll only pay for so much of the wall

HI (hawaii) officials dry fucks us too. The feds are trying to do something about it but they let the mob state get away with it like sam hyde paying off the feds.

>At LeAsT We GoT nO rIfLe MaG lImItS
And state expects HI locals to pay a yearly premium to own a rifle. Yet handguns only need one time reg to to local LE with prints and everything.

Who is Maria Butina?

Attached: maria butina.jpg (2291x1360, 637K)

Me too user. But prosecutors try really hard to plead out any case they aren't 100% certain they will get a conviction on. They'd just about rather drop charges than look stupid in court. And yeah don't let anyone catch a wiff of the n word in or around the courthouse or they'll run you out so fast it'll make your head spin.

>implying Trump isn't going to cave like a bitch next week, if not sooner

I thought Mexico was paying for it

Kremlin slut trying to find and contact potential traitors to the US government among the NRA's ranks. What she didn't realize is just how big of statist faggots the upper echelon of the organization is and she would have been better off looking for the guy who sells bomb making books as a local gun show.

Handles on swords arnt arms cause its an accessory so you should cut you hand on the blade to use it.

If any of you would actually read the legal documents you would see that the brief has little to do with the legality of the NFA itself, but rather the legality of the Fed trying to regulate non interstate actions. The filing also calls out the fact that the tax is collected wrongly and the punishments associated with not paying do not match other Federal standards. READ

Care to elaborate?

they want 90% of my debt?

Why are you talking about this board as if you don’t post here?

why wouldn't it extend to machine guns?

This is the exact reason why you sovereign citizen autists fail so spectacularly in the real world. I'm officially done giving a shit about the Mexicans and blacks until we've collectively and permanently culled the terminally stupid from the white race.

Holy shit this is an actual shill

A literal nobody.

Suppressors also aren't something that SHOULD be illegal. They're a fucking safety device. People really want them so they can shoot deer without getting hearing damage and will try every legal loophole they can to get them.

America has some really dumb gun laws that more restrictive countries balk at.

>SBRs
>SBSs
>suppressors

Literally who?

Bumpstocks were never going to make it

Nra is cucked that's not a left wing idealogy
They simply don't do enough, give up too much ground
Fucking shareblue and other leftists think the nra is doing way too much and is evil

A person that Drumphf hand picked to appear to just be another literal who as to not draw attention of his collusion

Canada can't have suppressors either (same crime level as owning a fucking land mine, or a derringer its all the same, prohibited) but at least we can SBR/SBS anything and can have guns mailed to our doorstep

Share blue wants the NRA to
A: lose money through demoralization of possible donors and balkanization of gunrights advocacy
B: discourage republicans from taking money from the NRA through shaming by undermine the perception that the NRA has supporters

Shareblue fears the NRA because democrats have to rely on dark funding and trhey are running rapidly out of legitimate money

The NRA is completely above ground and large they don't feel they can fight a money battle with republicans as long as it exists so they want it gone.

Your very very small purview has blinded you to reality.

Any civilian ownership of full auto sears made after 1986 are prohibited by the Highes amendment to the Firearms Owner Protection Act (thanks for nothing, Reagan). Repealing the NFA would have no effect on the FOPA.

Jews support JPFO, obviously.

Can't tell if retarded or sarcasm is just lost on you.

I dream of a day where I can buy a suppressor off the shelf and take it home the same day.

why not just handload your own rounds that are silent without needing a bulky meme suppressor?

If you havent noticed, the cancer in this country spreads. California and new yorkers are colonizing other states. See virginia, colorado, Pennsylvania, Florida, etc. You wont be able to run forever.

I have jury duty towards the end of the month, is bringing up jury nullification when you're meeting with the judge/lawyers a good way to get out of a case you're not interested in?

Don't shirk your civic duty user. Take this opportunity to help deliver actual justice.

Who knows you might get on a case that involves "illegal" firearms or some other victimless crime.

Ideally I would get on a case like that, and if that came up I'd do the best I could without lying to get on that jury. But last time I was called up It was a medical malpractice clusterfuck.

>Held in contempt
No you will get your ass handed to you.
Just answer, 90% of the time you won't be selected anyways.

This user is correct about not shirking your duty. Just realize odds are it will be something piddly like a DUI or larceny. Or, if you're really fucking unlucky, you'll get a juvenille sexual assault case where you get to watch som 10 year old break down as she recounts how her uncle raped her in front of nine people she's never met before while his attorney attempts to gas light her.

I understand your frustration, but boring cases need justice too. Unless you really like the idea that all juries should be composed of some combination of those too dumb to get off the jury, and those with an axe to grind going in, I don't see how you can justify trying to get off.

Fuck, you had to witness that huh.

Could have been worse. Imagine being a public defender assigned to the guy.

I'd vote to acquit