Currently sketching on a rifle I'm going to build at home. It's going to be blowback and chambered in 7.62x39...

Currently sketching on a rifle I'm going to build at home. It's going to be blowback and chambered in 7.62x39. I'm going to attempt to make as many parts as possible from scratch, but if I have to I'll buy some premade stuff. Right now I'm working on what my magazine is going to look like and how it's going to function, so I've been looking around at different AK-style mags and found that style to be the simplest and easiest to work with. The trouble I'm having right now is choosing what sort of material I want to make the mag out of, I was thinking just making it out of sheet metal but I'm not sure if it would hold up or be easy enough to work with. Gonna need some tips from you guys. Sorry for the long post.

Attached: ak mags.jpg (1024x709, 352K)

>long story short OP builds an ak clone

Bakelite. If commies can do it with no economy then you can too.

Really only the magazine is going to be the only part that looks like an AK. I want this to be original and my own thing.

Delayed blowback, I hope

I kind of ruled that out early on because I don't really know where I would get that, do you think it's easily available?

I had a friend tell me that I should make it delayed aswell but I don't really find that necessary.

>blowback and chambered in 7.62x39
Hope you have good health insurance.

Lol, I think I can handle the recoil of a 7.62x39, it's not that powerful.

>having a 6.5 pound bolt is fine

oh no no no

Attached: 1528147566709.png (318x341, 155K)

>thinks we were talking about recoil
>nervous typing intensifies

>Blowback
>7.62x39
you're gonna need to get creative on bolt design and recoil spring setup.
some back of the envelope math indicates a ~4.5 kg bolt would need about 15 cm of work stroke if you were using a spring of similar strength as to that found in a STEN.
this does not guarantee it wouldn't just btfo from an unlocked chamber, even with the stupid mass of the bolt.

Yea, the recoil, that's what im talking about. Just make sure you do the test firing in a good location, like the parking lot of your local ER. Wouldn't want to be far from help with a dislocated shoulder or something.

Attached: Princess bubblegum nervous laughter.gif (500x224, 167K)

Lol, you guys are too paranoid. The bolt will probably end up weighing in at about 1.5 pounds or so, give or take.
You guys worry too much about things like recoil, I'm not some little pussy who needs to carry a 9mm because I can't handle heavier stuff, okay. I promise you I won't dislocate my shoulder, lol. I've shot AK's before and I'm just fine.

why not just use existing mags

I want it to be more personal and be able to call it my creation, so I'm trying to build everything from scratch.

>thinks AK recoil is bad

you're in for a new world of pain that has been invisible to you until now.

Attached: 1495048839318.png (404x414, 244K)

You can't deny that the recoil of an AK is bad. I mostly shoot .45 ACP or at most 5.56, so 7.62x39 is a huge step.

>AK recoil is bad
you're fucking with me. I can understand being taken off guard if you only shoot .22lr or 5.56, but 7.62x39 isn't even that terribly uncomfortable. Invest in a recoil pad if it really bothers you that much.

Besides, OPs issue isn't recoil. It's the bolt being too light to keep a cartridge from exploding in their face.

Please God, let this be bait

Lol, it won't explode in my face, what are you talking about? It's not my first home made gun and I'm not 12, I know what I'm doing. A 1.5 pound bolt will be more than enough, trust me.

I don't. I'm waiting for the pic of the bolt protruding from OPs shoulder because he didn't use thenright spring.

>Simple blowback 7.62x39
OP if you're serious, can you stream your test firing somewhere?

Attached: 1541513762858.jpg (544x765, 72K)

I'll gladly stream it to you paranoid fuckers once I'm done. I'll probably have it finished within a couple weeks or so, I'll come with an update then. I'll probably also post some pictures along the way to show my progress.

You're going to shatter your clavicle and get shrapnel buried in your eye.
Pls stream

You're making this too hard. The most difficult part of an autoloading firearm is reliable mags. You should just use normal AK mags and adapt the magwell to fit them.

Attached: D9447E5E-5D87-42D6-B6E7-D27C262A7F83-3274-000004B4727ECCCE.jpg (477x600, 30K)

I know that that would be the easy solution, but as I've mentioned earlier I want this to be my own project and I want to build everything from scratch.

>mfw this probably isnt bait and OP refuses to take in any advice given to him

Attached: worried spongebob.jpg (700x525, 21K)

What did you make before?

I've made two 9mm pistols, and a semi-automatic .22 rifle. One of the pistols, the first weapon I ever made, would fail to extract and I never found a good solution. So I instead started on a new one and that one turned out just fine, some failures to extract and failures to feed here and there but overall a pretty good gun. The .22 rifle actually works fairly well, no big issues with that one.

How about you actually respond to what said you fucking retard. The bolt being unlocked is whats going to cause it to blow up, the casing is almost without a doubt going to rupture and you likely will have some sort of exploding gun. 7.62x39 is a lot more of a round than 9mm, notice how no one has ever made a blowback assault rifle? Yeah, that's because its mechanically impossible to do safely.

Come on now, OP has refused to listen to dozens of peoples advice just sit back and watch the show with the rest of us.

Yeah I saw what he wrote, but safety isn't my biggest concern since I'm not making a gun that's going to be mass-produced and used by the army. It's just a fun project for me to shoot a little bit at home and then hang up on the wall and move on to the next project. I'm at the early stage of my manifacturing career and right now I'm mostly experimenting with different ideas.

Well I shouldn't say career, since I'm probably not going to end up making any money off of it. It's just a side thing for me to calm down after work and get better at.

You absolute fucking brainlet. Literal best case scenario is a gun that fires once and explodes because you cannot make a safe blowback 7.62. If you do this its going to be a lot of work for a single pop. Have fun.

hobby is the term you're looking for

safety matters an awful fucking lot when we're talking about exploding and fragmenting metal right next to your soft, supple face.

Attached: 1487541868458.gif (452x254, 2.99M)

What is it that you guys don't understand? I'm not going to just fire it once, because it is NOT going to explode. I know my way around guns and as I have stated earlier I have made guns before. I'll probably end up firing a few magazines when I'm done with it and then maybe take it out to the range once in a while to have fun with, it is NOT going to be shot a lot, and therefore safety is not a big concern.

Yes, exactly, hobby. Thank you.

Read above. Not going to explode.

>NOT going to explode
No, listen here retard. Go ahead and explain how you, some random brainlet on Jow Forums is going to accomplish what the last 70 years of engineering couldn't.

Most manufacturers just go with what works and are afraid to experiment. That's what I have as an advantage, I don't have a reputation to keep and I won't lose anything when experementing.

Someone who actually makes guns here, it will absolutely explode, my original sten design used a 1.5lb bolt and it was too light, for 9mm, I had to add an additional half pound to make it safe. There was 308 sten designs but they didnt work cause the bolt weight was too great to be practical, about 7 or 8lbs with a very long stroke. You will need a similar weighted bolt for 7.62x39 or it will explode.

Attached: JPEG_20190111_171216.jpg (2448x3264, 1002K)

OP, I'm reasonably confident that you're not actually this retarded, and this is a pretty great bait thread, so how about you show us your other creations, so we can keep playing along?

I don't want to be rude, but your personal failure with a completely different gun chambered in a completely different cartridge don't really apply.

put yer peiner in it

Yes it does its fucking physics you literal brainlet, it doesn't matter if it's a sten design, a luty a mac11 or anything else, with blow backs the larger the caliber the larger the bolt and longer stroke, it goes up exponentially with straight blowback

Jesus, Jow Forums. You're being trolled. OP doesn't even own a pair of tin snips.

Both of my 9mm pistols that I've made are blowback and they work just fine without EXPLODING, I think I trust my experience and skill more than some random trolls on Jow Forums.

keep talking like you know anything about guns, little faggot

sounds like you got it OP fuck what anyone here says

Attached: 1542654248696.jpg (444x600, 56K)

Thank you, finally someone with some common sense. I KNOW that my experience and skill will make this rifle great. Sad to see Jow Forums in this state where actual manufacturers get harassed for being creative and experimenting.

>bait thread with a little bit of thought behind it
It's been a while

Well... other than a lot of blood.

>blowback works ok for 9mm so it's fine to scale it up to 7.62x39, a cartridge that's roughly 4x as powerful with 1.5x the pressure
Go for it op, do your civil service and remove yourself from the gene pool.

Attached: Bottomless brain case.jpg (645x729, 81K)

I hear a lot of shit from you guys, about my rifle going to explode, but I have yet to seen ONE of you post any sort of proof. If nobody has done this before, as you guys even say, then how would you know? I might actually be on to something here then, if this works, which it most likely will.

Because there's a reason why nobody has done this before

Yeah, and that reason is people like you being too afraid to experiment and being creative. Imagine if nobody experimented and decided to think outside of the box, then we would still be stuck using rocks to bash eachothers heads and living in caves. You guys should thank people like me who actually CONTRIBUTE to society.

I've never seen bait of such quality
Excellent thread
It takes a lot to put this many Jow Forumsomandos on edge simultaneously

>building a firearm from scratch
>"safety isn't my biggest concern"

I'd tell you to commit die, but it looks like you're already planning on it. Godspeed you glorious retard.

Really the worst thing that can happen is the gun has some small issue like not feeding correctly or not extracting, like on my first 9mm pistol.
The reason I say that safety isnt my biggest concern is because I'm the only person who's going to be using it so I don't have to think of selling it and getting sued because some dumbass couldn't use it correctly and got hurt. I make sense, and you know it. You guys have been fed this "safety first" bullshit your whole life and it is restricting your creativity and ability to enjoy life. Live a little.

As retarded as you seem, that's actually pretty nice life advice. Don't let restrictions restrict your ability to live.

OP is going to stream his suicide and he doesn't even know it

Attached: cat laughing.jpg (2400x2740, 284K)

We'll see.. I'm gonna prove you all wrong when I go through magazines and magazines with no issues.

It definitely is. Try a toggle lock if you really want it to be unique, not too hard if it's for a one off gun.

Sensible chuckle/10

I appreciate advice but I'll stick to blowback for now. It's simple and I have experience of it working.

>appreciate advice
>wont take advice even when you're about to blow your face off

Boi did you just say straight blowback 7.63x39? Have fun tearing rims and never seeing it properly cycling.

Boy get that cuck guard off your poor lathe, it deserves better.

Can't believe I have to say this over and over again, but as I have stated NUMEROUS times before in this thread, I have experience, skill and know my way around guns. It will work, and it will probably work without any big issues at all.

Alrighty op well done. This is very clearly bait but you got the perfect balance of stupidity, refusal to admit any problems, and enough technical language to make people think you are serious. Well done.

Ok what machine tools and metrology equipment do you have?

Can't keep this up anymore, I'm just repeating the same shit over and over.
Yes, this was bait.
And no, I'm not as retarded as I made myself to look.
I had a lot of fun here boyos, thank you.

Good job lad