Jow Forums Fantasy Thread

Forces unknown have caused our world and a fantasy world to combine. Dragons, Orcs, Elves and the like now roam the Earth. Magic now, inexplicably, is a thing.

Tensions between modern humans and the denizens of the fantasy world have reached a point of open hostility towards one another. While the World governments are able to secure major city centers, the suburbs and rural areas range from fragile peace to 'fire on sight'.

What does Jow Forums do?

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1547428860362.jpg (1300x2104, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-3198
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bullets cant penetrate magic shields
any mage can throw our toy guns into the sun
do you have superior firepower? that's too bad. someone froze time and bathed you in lightning.

no winning in imaginary lands. shit premise for a thread.

Attached: Asuka fatality.webm (853x480, 2.42M)

So warhammer 40k?

>ally with fairies
>shrink our enemies
>win

Attached: :k:ommando giantess footfaggotry.jpg (1309x1826, 346K)

How sentient are the dragons? Are they human intelligence? Greater? Lesser?
Would they be willing to work with humans under certain conditions?

How would you invade a fantasy underwater kingdom?

Let's assume they have sonic weapons and tech on at least equal level to modern military.

Attached: top-mv-char-01.png (609x407, 43K)

I would assume sending in ships and submarines with their sonars at full blast will turn the brains of mermaids to jelly.

Attached: sonar.gif (700x422, 89K)

I imagine this would be the case. It's supposedly a D&D-esque setting, and some dragons in D&D are good-aligned, almost all are intelligent.

That's good creative thinking, user. And of course depth charges and other explosives would absolutely fuck the merfolk. Look at what they do to subs and regular fish.

Why do you assume they would be sending infantry to attack subs?

who said anything about invading?
i'll make crossroads baker look like a fucking joke.
once the message spreads, the fish "people" will just surrender and hand over their treasures. (strategy may be adapted for acqisition of mermaid harem)

Attached: baker.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

plastic, chemical trash and radioactive waste seem to be doing a good enough job already,give it a few years time and pollution alone would significantly shrink their numbers unless they're some eldritch abomination living at Mariana trench depth levels

>D&D-esque setting
Well, if that's the case, do you think one or more government agencies would start employing younger dragons?

To be fair most of the trash is damaging shallow seas not the deep stuff.

This is not a dumb Hollywood movie. If they have similar tech level they also have weapons of mass destruction.

A 100m tall tsunami washing the planet would pretty much end our civilization.

Attached: an-extra-gets-pantsed-in-the-directors-cut-of-the-abyss-and-the-editors-missed-it-social.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

>BATFags hire a goddamn lawful evil dragon

>invasion
i will turn this kingdom into the greatest seafood palace the both worlds will ever see

>find wolfman
>become his bro
>hunt game together
>find a fairy, wolfgirl, or kitsune
>marry her
>have half-human children together
>kill Jow Forumstards and leftists who have an issue with this

Attached: wolfman.gif (283x424, 2.08M)

Can he be a Nazi werewolf?

No, Wolfman is Polish.

Attached: wolfman.jpg (984x812, 86K)

>not marrying wolfman
beat it meat

i think these elves have some kinda std i was fucking the corpse of one i shot and now my dick is burning and shines bright when orcs are near

I CHOKED ON MY FUCKING SMOKE

Attached: 1518730319248.jpg (800x800, 163K)

>BATFags hire a Red Dragon
>There's a new Waco every week

>local militias begin investing in HEAT rockets, ATGMs and AA guns

>dragons being tyrants side with the ATF
>fairies relishing in chaos and freedom side with the militias
>and so it begins...

Attached: 1547439980321.jpg (1414x2000, 1.99M)

Im going to do everything in my power to enhance tech with magic and start a nation of sorcerer-scientists

Example:
Powered armor is now a thing.
Mithril solves any strength to weight issues, power supply is fucking magic crystals that can output as much energy as a nuclear reactor from a softball sized rock.

Black and Bronze dragons would also side with militias, as both are chaotic by nature.

Anime name?

Whom do Wood Elves side with? If the militias can get the Wood Elves, Fairies, and Dryads on their side then they'll be the absolute king of /innawoods/ and the government will never be able to dislodge them.

Attached: 1547433398975.jpg (1414x2000, 1.46M)

Or we could just burn the forest down

Ah yes, that famous strategy of burning down the woods which worked so well back in Vietnam, and will work even better when those woods are in your own country and burning them down will fuck up your own ecosystem and economy.

Attached: 5vIsihTTBBL9K7RUJUSolDl1YfigiNVrBTdYI2YyRgw.jpg (1000x725, 117K)

>burn down forests completely
>there is now diddly for lumber in CONUS
>vast extinctions completely destabilize the ecosystem of an entire goddamn continent
>fuck knows how much money wasted keeping those kinds of fires controlled and contained
>fuck knows how much collateral
>immense amounts of smoke fucking with the atmosphere
>probably violates enough international law and human/abhuman/humanoid rights treaties to make Saudi fucking Arabia shit themselves
>hippies and leftists chimp out in a way that makes Berkeley look tame
>hunters, loggers and other people whose leisure activities or even livelihoods depend upon forests are now in active, open rebellion
>escaping animals driven into human-populated/developed areas, fucking with infrastructure, traffic and god knows what else
Yeah, that's worth smoking out some knife-eared hippies and autistic gun nerds.

Being an MTF must be a really fucking shit job.

Only when it goes horribly wrong. I'd kill to be GOC Strike though.
>mfw I realize this Merge would be response level 6

Attached: 1518729614221.jpg (500x480, 58K)

Anyone have any experience with running Elfish 9mm loads? If my handgun can use P+ should I be good to go?

Ah, but your forgetting certain types of nature magic now exist so we could regrow the forest is the span of a few hours

This, I want to be a UHEC Mk.3 pilot

>scp-wiki.net/scp-3198
Reading this made me think that the MTF's are made of violent meatheads. Seriously, how the hell do they not know what the hell happened to them by now?

Praise the Omnissiah.

Something something memetics, something [REDACTED] something

Maybe you can fix the trees, but not the birds or bees. Your ecosystem is still fucked unless you want to use up enough diamonds and other valuable marerials to bankrupt Fort Knox resurrecting enough animals to bring things back up to a sustainable level, assuming you can even find enough viable remains. To say nothing of, again, any resources expended in containing the fires, how hard it will fuck with the city and atmosphere, and the hippies or other nature freaks who don't like the idea of using magic that way, plus pissing off any remaining elves, all species of which seem to be nature freaks, and the reaction of the world at large.

Get an old cargo ship, fill it with ANFO, rig it to blow up, and then sink it over the enemy city.

Geomancy a volcano under their city

Christ imagine wood elves Vietcong.

Can see in the dark better than humans during the day, no need to sleep for days, stealth magic.

Attached: 1519463602132.jpg (1879x2360, 702K)

You cant just solve every problem by using magic as a Deus ex machina. While nature magic definitely exists, to perform it on the level your talking about would require a skill level that only 5 or so people in the world poses. Oh and they're probably Elves too so now you have a catch 22

>certain types of nature magic now exist
Yeah, in the hands of the Wood Elves, Dryads, and Fairies, who you are fighting.

Attached: 1543124209651.jpg (850x601, 268K)

Plus
>excellent aim
>same homefield advantage
>bear berzerkers, literal packs of wolves and other animals siding with them
>possibly superhuman speed/strength/agility

Not an enemy I'd want to have, especially not once their druids join the fight. You think guys that are good at hiding in trees are bad, wait until the guys that can make the trees go Evil Dead on your ass show up, and decide that you've defiled the forest with your presence long enough.

Attached: 1518733230654.jpg (302x306, 69K)

Yeah, I imagine that's the face someone would make right before they literally get raped by trees.

A lot of these scenarios imply all of a particular race/species are of like mind. Im fairly confident there will be penty of those in the employ of both govt and militia forces

Oh and depending on how fast they can wild shape(turn into various animals for those unfamiliar with the term)expect CQC that puts the stuff seen in the Ant Man movie to shame.

Literally none of you assholes, they just want to be left alone.

>implying that the Dept. Of Natural Resources wouldn snatch as many of them up as possible raises a good point. Although theyll still likely be opposed to anons ork-tier strategy

I'd do it if it was that or prison, desu. Even if it was that or some shit like working at Mcdonald's.

Think about it. You're given a gun, taken to some abandoned place and told to kill whatever made the place end up abandoned.

You are a goddamn monster hunter.

When you think about it land dwellers are far more fucked in literally every scenario.

3/4 of Earth is water. And this is ignoring the vertical. Our subs can barely get to 500m depth and they are fragile as eggs down there. Yes you can talk about WMD spam but what is stopping them from doing the same? Our cities are far easier targets than their cities.

Attached: 1518286216975.jpg (525x469, 33K)

>be me
>human insurgent fighting the government
>hanging out in my camp in the woods with a handful of other humans, as well as a sizable contingent of fairies, elves, dryads, and kobolds
>the kobolds like to burrow beneath their prey, and they've got an extensive tunnel network beneath our feet that only them and the fairies are small enough to use
>the dryads are perfect ambushers, humans and elves can hide IN the trees, but dryads can hide AS the trees until they pop out to shoot at you
>fairies pull all kinds of psychological shit on our enemies, turning them into mice, giving them intense and frightening illusions, brainwashing them to fire on each other, etc.
>sometimes they pull pranks on us as well, but those are relatively harmless and break up the monotony of waiting so it's fine
>the wood elves are pretty much just better versions of human guerrilla fighters
>they're light on their feet, quick, excellent at hiding, great marksmen, and can see vastly farther than humans
>the humans in our militia mainly act as pack mules and saboteurs, being the strongest of the woodland species and also being able to blend in to human society to plant bombs and assassinate officials

Attached: 1540978465007.png (1080x1443, 1.73M)

Anyone here watched Bright?
I think it would paint a good picture of how things work after the "merge"

After the inevitable war(or several) Species integrate, magic users are treated like nukes, life goes on with thinly veiled racism

Clearly you waited too long to shoot your target

They physically can't raise your arms fast enough to wave the wand before the bullet catches them between the eyes

I think we should use Bright as the basis for these threads going forward. It's not the best movie, but I did enjoy it and can't wait for a sequel/series.

Honestly fairies would be more than enough.

Imagine soldiers that have to deal with the worst fucking nightmares imaginable for a week. They would start murdering each other while little shits laugh in the woods.

Attached: 1547324327157.jpg (441x758, 51K)

Sequencers are a thing.

But if the fairies kill everyone too quickly, then they won't be able to play soldier with their friends.

Attached: fairy butterfly.jpg (560x600, 47K)

But they are from the middle ages

Anti-magic ammunition cuts through forcefields like butter. Plus depending on how magic works, it could be rare enough that only a select few wield it, and sort of self police or whatever they did back in their own world.
Or, magic could be common enough that our world adaprs to and integrates it into every day life.

Besidesn if you dont like the threadn go to another one

>Atlantean tech
>middle ages

Assuming this isnt first contact, couldnt a magical countermeasure be developed

>tfw your unit has a combat arcanist

>Two years since the Merge
>Picked up a living clearing out eldritch cults and their summoned shit from the Chicago slums.
>The State pays nicely and the local gangs let us take some of their weapon stashes for saving their asses.
>Sure as hell beats a 9 to 5 job.

I can think of a few ways I can go with this. Maybe I'll write a story out of it.

Attached: 554d57bd8871dbaa0c4e5477d.jpg (533x800, 259K)

>autistic screeching while blindly firing pistol at demons in a locked bedroom

Attached: 79FD917C-0930-432A-BEFE-AD0C5FB2A06F.jpg (447x720, 42K)

That sounds hot, plenty of dark lords and cults to make that viable

>napalm

Attached: CFC6F104-3B21-4083-9F0C-E7E59B1C93E0.jpg (1991x1308, 1.41M)

>implying D-class get to be MTF

shitty thread premise, ripped off Gate
Seriously, just watch Gate if you want to know how this would go down

Attached: gate.jpg (660x400, 64K)

Gate severely gimped magic compared to the kind of shit you can pull off in D&D and many other fantasy settings.

Attached: 1542830546140.jpg (1024x724, 242K)

Shitty post premise
GATE isnt really appliciable, outside of like 3 combat scenes, since its a door into another world instead of a merge.
Plus GATE is JSDF propaganda with pants-head-retarded characters
Also

Still. Sorcerer calls in a massive fucking firestorm? Just haul ass into your vehicles and call in some artillery/CAS/attack helicopters on their stupid ass.
Alternatively, just have snipers take out sorcerers as soon as they can. Unless you're dealing with literal demi-Gods or some shit, even powerful wizards wouldn't be that hard to deal with even if they cause a lot of trouble.

Attached: 04ab2b89eb610a38e17431caadebef58--military-art-military-uniforms.jpg (236x311, 23K)

They also eat those they kill

I agree that Gate sucks JSDF dick, but it actually portrays what would go down between a modern military force and a fantasy army. At least for the first couple of battles, because the way the writers wrote everything the Empire was hopeless at adapting or using any sort of useful magic

Also that picture is retarded.
Just stay 1000 yards away from any dangerous creatures like that and call in heavy firepower.

Fucking hell, why does everyone turn this into an us vs them shitshow? Not a lot of speculation about what you can do with a machine gun that shoots lightning, or how small unit tactics would change if you have an orc in your squad that can one-arm said mg, and elvish scouts. Or if your combat insertion was simply "step in this circle and hold your breath"

Gods, no one is touching the absolute clusterfuck that would be teleportation magic.

You're thinking about magic in terms of evocation, but the utility spells are a hell of a lot more dangerous. Teleportation, invisibility, summoning, and mind control are all well within the powers of a typical mage.

Attached: 1543535412161.jpg (900x1099, 97K)

Where the fuck can I get an OCP dress like that

Fuck off moralfag. Being killed to give me and my buddies shapeshifting powers is the most positive contribution most of those monkeys could possibly make to society as a whole.

>stay 1000 yards away
>Assuming that's not the reinforcements Cpl. Sunreaver summoned.

These guys are on the right track.

>theres a scramble to snatch up talented spellcasters to develop and employ all sorts of magical fuckery and countermeasures
>Another cold war kicks off with magical arms race
>some unhinged wizard teleports a suitcase nuke into a major population center

I like it so far user. You should do it.

This. They'll feed you to some Thing That Should Not Be for keks

>t. Cultist scum

>havent heard from elfette in days
>not even a mind message
>orcbro says she must be in heat and breeding
>'shoulda been faster bro'
>fuck you dick
>head over to her place
>no answer
>open the door
>[elvish screeching]
>half eaten baguettes everywhere
>miraculous ladybug DVD cases on the table
>various french wines
>cognac
>Elfette huddled on the couch draped in a french flag
>les miserables is playing
>'A-user! SACRED BLUE, YOU SCARED ME!'
>wut.
>'come sit with me user! Let us watch a story of the beautiful French spirit and people! Weewee!'
>have to sit through les mis twice, marathon Miraculous Ladybug, and watch several WWI documentaries
>she sleeps with her FRF2 now
>distinctly smellef elf pussy juice on the stock
Help bros
Also doing the best i can with hospital shifts picking up, thank you marin crops for injuring yourselves

Attached: 1546831940762.png (500x553, 218K)

Because HFY dictates that we ignore all of the potential uses of magic to improve our militaries capabilities and instead turn everything into a "humans only, no magic allowed" affair where we have to kill everything that isn't us because otherwise our fragile pride might be shattered.

Attached: willpower_test_by_nicklausofkrieg_d4gctzv-pre.png (1052x759, 261K)

Yeah, but rare as fuck. There might be like 1-3 in the whole world

I'm back lads.
>elfbro and I grab kit
>he brings a fucking BOW
>we decide to ride it out innawoods for now
>he caught dinner, I raised the tent, got the fire going and cleared the area of threats
>I decide to scruff myself up and make a passable hobo
>currently typing this up on a public access computer running TOR from a thumb drive
>tok in my coat
>planning our next move
Well lads I guess we're terrorists now. I'm just glad gun laws changed before my personal excrement made high-velocity contact with the mechanical air circulation device so I get things like standard cap mags. Elfbro and I are gonna burn this mother down. Wish us luck.

Attached: 4f5.jpg (500x595, 40K)

There are tons of magitech settings though.

Attached: shinkakugikou82.png (1399x915, 205K)

Based elfette poster.

This. I was thinking human infantry with orc shock battalions with shoulder fired M2HBs. Up armored dragons flying CAS clutching 20mm autocannons in their talons. Combat mage JTACs astral projecting to get overhead views of the battle and telepathically passing 9-line fire missions to M777s loaded with air burst computer assisted targeting magic missile cluster spell crystals.

You wouldn't have to deal with us if you dumbasses hadn't started kidnapping the beast-folk in broad daylight.

And at least kill them off once you're done with them. I'm tired of getting a cat-girl/shrieker jumping on my back every time I clear out a basement.

Attached: fd0b2820a806725173e08fa4ae.jpg (850x478, 54K)

Yeah, those are the fucking cool ones

Lame

Mah nigga

>help
SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE DOING FINE.

Attached: 1547594144804.gif (330x299, 580K)