What does Jow Forums think of Smith & Wesson...

What does Jow Forums think of Smith & Wesson? I don't really know anything about guns but I just like the way "Smith & Wesson" sounds. Is my intuition right or no?

Attached: SWMP9mm-2.jpg (924x667, 443K)

The M&P series have occasional quality control issues, but the good ones are good and they probably have the best ergonomics of any polymer pistol. Their revolvers set the bar, but as with most things the older ones tend to be a little better than current production. Their AR line is one of the better budget options, but they're nothing fancy.

You would have to work hard to go wrong with S&W. They're a great brand at a competitive price point.

Are there better brands purely for quality? Yes, but it's all about your experience, need fit and your budget.

It depends
The M&P line are great guns with beautiful triggers
The SV DE stuff is low tier copy of a glock with a brick for a trigger. Designed for poor welfare recipients. They are terrible guns. That’s why you can buy them for $200.
Like many I don’t like the lock put on new revolvers. I’m sure they shoot nice but I don’t want it.
Their old revolvers shoot like a dream.

Attached: 9FE74376-9072-40F4-80DE-51330D399ACF.jpg (1536x2056, 746K)

My M&P Shield has the tightest, stiffest mags I've ever owned. I literally can't load the last round on 4 out of the 5 mags for it without using a loader.
Other than that, it's pretty great.

I like mine

Attached: 20190107_192732.jpg (1169x657, 575K)

That is not a Smith and Wesson issue.
That is a new spring issue that I see in all magazines

I dunno, I've bought brand new mags for other guns and never had a problem loading the last round. The shield is the only gun I've ever had that problem with.

I have that issue with magazines from my glock, my sig, my AR mags, my 10/22 and my mark 2.
It’s a new spring issue..

Attached: 8B6833A0-D249-4DAE-AF3D-54F96EAA3D5F.jpg (2056x1536, 692K)

Never had the problem with my PPK/S, AR15, AR7, or any other magazine I've ever handled. There have been some difficult ones, but not to the point where it literally feels like the spring cannot compress any further than 7 rounds in an 8 round magazine.

Their quality and reliability is decent but sometimes inconsistent and dodgy in comparison to walther, hk, glock. In fact just a few weeks ago I saw a sign at Academy about a recall on some of their M&P's. Their revolvers used to be unparalleled but the quality has seriously dropped with modern production, don't even get me started on the Hillary holes. I personally don't like the direction the company is going, but their guns are fine most of the time and if they work for you that's great. I just wouldn't put the M&P line on the same tier as glocks, walther ppq's, etc but they're good, just not great. I also think ruger makes better revolvers than sw nowadays.

Your toes look soft and feminine.

I don't have grotesque monkey toes because I'm white

You do look overweight though, based on those toes.

200 lbs on a 6'2 frame is overweight
But I would be described as "doughy"

There is a reason why these are so popular
Glock Provides them with their new guns

Attached: 42293EBC-2121-477A-87CF-F0A61B9AFA25.gif (278x268, 1.49M)

I don't like Smith for three reasons.
1: Questionable quality control as of late.
2: They were bought by the holding group that owns the company that makes the trigger locks.
3: I have a theory that's too long to go into, but the short version is they have politicians create anti 2a laws in some states to benefit them over Glock.

I've had an M&P 45 with 4.5" barrel for just over 8 years. The original trigger was shit but easily replaced with an Apex kit. The newer M&P 2.0 have a much better trigger out of the box. In the time I've had it I have gone through at least 5000 rounds with 0 issues I can think of. However, I'm noticing that accuracy is really starting to drop off on it.

I have also had Smith and Wesson magazines that were downright painful to load the last round in, I've never had it nearly that bad on my other guns but leaving the mags loaded has helped.

What a weak bitch lol

>3: I have a theory that's too long to go into, but the short version is they have politicians create anti 2a laws in some states to benefit them over Glock.
Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case in MA but I have no proof.

my grandfathers model 10 is my favorite gun ever. its a gun that anyone can shoot, and shoot well.

It's the gun I showed my ex's mom how to shoot with, and the reason she bought a shield and an early snubnosed model 10.

it could be because the lawmakers had their own scam going and the cheapest way to do things was to use SW as the patsy for it.

I got the 2.0 compact with a tlr 1 light on it. Makes for a great carry weapon.

S&W is good in my book. I wasn't a fan of the M&P gen1 but the new gen2 version is a great polymer pistol.

Attached: 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181216164529092_COVER.jpg (974x1298, 244K)

Anyone else think the M&P pistols look dumb? Maybe not ugly like a hipoint, but they're still extremely boring to look at. Despite that, I think they're decent guns are a good value.

I enjoy Smiff, but it wasn't until the M&P 2.0 came out that I HAD to have it. My gen 1 Shield has served well, but the M&P 2.0 I loved so much that I got 2 of them. I dream of an M2.0 in 10mm, but that's probably too far out of Smiff's comfort zone.

Attached: IMG_20190120_180707471~2.jpg (3468x3000, 1.61M)

>10mm
That would be nice. I'd love to see more variety with that caliber. Seems like when it comes to 10mm our choices are Glock, Sig, or some overpriced 1911.

The whole company is a mixed bag. People give their revolvers way too much respect when they're releasing models with serious QC problems. They get away with it the same way Colt did, not enough market competition plus name recognition. The Victory is wedged inbetween better 22lr brands. The M&P 1.0 was a middling pistol and the 9mm version had barrel problems. People claim the recoil impulse on them is great and mild but it really isn't. The .357sig models couldn't handle 1000 rounds before they cracked. The Bodyguard 380 is one of the worst things they've ever made. The controls on all their semi-autos since the Sigma have been shitty. The fact that they still produce anything related to a Sigma is sad. Their Walther clones were dick. Their ARs are about the best thing they're making. All the Performance Center shit is stupidly overpriced. It just seems like a company that has been winging it ever since they started making steel semi-autos with short lifespans. It's a company that just makes me want to get a Ruger instead. If Ruger hadn't fucked up the American pistol so bad then the MP 2.0 would be lower on people's lists.

With as highly praised as the M&P45 in particular has always been I think it'd make a great vehicle for 10mm. It's probably the most durable/reliable .45 after HK. I can only assume S&W doesn't think it profitable enough.

This. S&W is the Craftsman of guns. There are better options, but rarely at their price point. I'm a huge fan of their products and use them as my baseline to compare "equivalent" firearms. Generally, when recommending guns to people, they top my list (ie, M&P or SD series for first time handgun purchases, M&P10/15 for first time AR purchases). I really wish they had a shotgun line so I could have a one brand three gun setup from them.

>3: I have a theory that's too long to go into, but the short version is they have politicians create anti 2a laws in some states to benefit them over Glock
Dunno about that but I know in Washington M&P basically replaced Glock for all state LE by undercutting them by 30%, offering free armorer training, and some other bennies.

Ok with me though, my 2.0 is infinitely better than my old 17.

No they havent. I know cops in Centralia, Tumwater, Olympia, and also Seattle. They use glock.

Stroopwafels are fucking great

I own a m&p 2.0 compact 9mm. $399 out the door. Taxes paid. I couldnt say no.
If you can find a better deal on a striker fired pistol. Let me know.
I have 200 rounds down range with it.
One light primer strike. Im assuming ammo issue? I put it back in and it fired.
Other then that. I didnt select the safety version. It was more money.
I looked at G19. Nice gun. But $600 out the door. Damn, thats alot. And I just didnt think Glock was $200 better then smith and wesson. Glocks are great, likely the best. But I dont know about paying 600 for a glock.
19x is sweet though

Stroopwafel lol

I have a m&p 15 sport II. love it. There are definitely better ARs but the m&p is probably the best of the budget ones. Dad just bought the performance center compact shield and that is a fantastic little pistol.

My pps m2 feels much better than any handgun I've ever held, including my S&W model 60

>but the good ones are good and they probably have the best ergonomics of any polymer pistol.
Says somebody that hasn't handled a modern Walther or HK.

Picked up mine at a gun show down here in GA for $400, got a Kydex holster for $30 too

I love it. Shoots nice.

Attached: 952DA5D9-5331-43F5-80A9-911777432F8E.jpg (1981x2046, 1.22M)

Who's cooler? Smith or Wesson?

I think S&W is the best American firearms manufacturer simply due to overall quality-to-price ratio.

Depends on the lines tbqh.
>revolvers
Noticeably gone down hill in terms of QC and hillary holes are really ugly. That being said technological improvements have made them more accurate than ever. Seriously, the groups you can print with a good modern 686 from a rest are ridiculous compared to any autoloader. Personally id recommend going ruger over them though.
>ARs
alright budget tier choices
>M&P shields
Great guns, no real downsides. Also typically have better triggers than comparable M&P double stacks.
>M&P 1.0
Great glock alternative with superior ergos but had some notable drawbacks and teething issues. some 9mm examples had poor accuracy due to lockup design. dogshit triggers. some .357 sig ones had pretty bad wear issues, S&W has since discontinued them.
>M&P 2.0
Literally a better designed glock with the second best striker fired aftermarket to it and a lower price tag. Better ergos, better trigger, more positive grip texture, lighter recoiling, steel subframe to prevent WML issues(which some .40 glocks still have), more customizable grip, better stock sights, available with a safety if desired, doesn't require a trigger pull for takedown, actual drop free mags. Only real downsides compared to glock would be the hinged trigger and grip texture which tend to be divisive, but have both pros and cons to them. Namely the grip texture can cause irritation when carried IWB and some people don't like the feel of the hinged trigger, although it doesn't seem to pinch some people like the glock triggers do. Its fine to prefer or like glocks more for your own uses, but looking at things from a general design standpoint instead of a "whats best for me personally" standpoint, the M&P 2.0 is just better overall.

Pussy

I have a MP sheild and compact 2.0
Have previoulsy owned:
G27 gen 3
Walther PPQ M2
Glock 19 Gen 4
I like them

Hat

S&W used to be king of revolvers in the US but I dunno now

Ruger makes good stuff, and at lower prices; unlike Taurus though, Ruger tends to punch above its price point

Isn't it spelled Luger?

Ruger and smith make nothing but trash now. The last good thing smith did was gen 3 autos. Now they actually have people shilling their cast metal glock knockoffs. Hipoint makes better shit than smith and ruger.

I like the 2nd/3rd gen S&W autos, too bad the aftermarket is basically non existent.

That goes away, you just have to shoot your gun.

>cast metal glock knockoffs
complete bullshit.

Point at this retard and laugh.

When taking into account initial cost, features, and user friendliness, the M&P 2.0 is one of, if not the best commercial poly striker 9 on the market.
Change my mind.

But I agree with you

Fuck you

Attached: 1546653421293.jpg (720x480, 22K)

That's what literally all metal looks like when it cracks.

Are we playing the "let's find the one example" game?

Attached: yes_glocknade.jpg (2094x1729, 1.24M)

Oh look, it's the dumbass who used shitty reloads and now bitches about S&W because of user induced error

>piece of broken metal with no provenance let alone proof of its composition
Wow, its nothing.

Will Jow Forums bully me if I get the shield with a crimson trace on it?

Attached: IMG_20181009_143056.jpg (1000x716, 281K)

>I think S&W is the best American firearms manufacturer simply due to overall quality-to-price ratio.
I think this describes Ruger far better, honestly. Smith currently makes one of the best striker-fired service pistols though, I'll give them that.

Glocks are full of MIM and investment cast parts you complete fucking moron. So are HKs, for that matter.

They use mim and castings where appropriate, and they do it right (unlike SIG).
Neither of those manufacturing processes are inherently bad

>They use mim and castings where appropriate, and they do it right
Apparently you don't remember the gen4 extractor debacle when they switched to MIM, but then I suppose a noguns zoomer wouldn't.

That was a design issue, not a materials issue.

I second “pussy”.

I have 30 and none are tight unless you don’t know how to load a mag properly (by hand)

I have two of them. Both first gen. One M&P9 full size and one M&P9c. I carry the M&P9c daily. I like them a lot and have never had an issue with either of them.

Attached: mandp.jpg (940x759, 253K)

>They use mim and castings where appropriate, and they do it right
>that was a design issue

Attached: 266299862022212.png (1024x1024, 724K)

Can you please tell me if this is normal wear? I believe I have 225 rounds through it. I cleaned it and oiled it per recommendations. Wear appeared like this when I first bought it and removed the slide.

Attached: 9mm.jpg (4032x3024, 2.97M)

I agree. Ruger has a variety of good guns at affordable prices.

And their customer service is top notch.

Normal. Any metal-on-metal contact parts will show finish wear.

>design square peg for sticking in a round hole
>doesn't fit
>"lmao must be cause its MIM"
You're retarded, also that first post wasn't even me.

Normal. The QPQ treatment the metal undergoes is deeper than the black coloration on the surface.

With what S&W just told their fringe investors I am now a fan !

Why would anyone buy a new Glock when you can get a S&W 2.0 or Springfield XD around $350 brand new?

The Glock "perfection" mantra is deeply ingrained in some people, so they don't even do research. I don't like Glock, but I'll admit that calling themselves perfect for 30 years nonstop has been effective even today, where better alternatives exist. I dunno if I'd trust an XD though.

I dont like these "what does Jow Forums think of X" threads, encourages people to not form their own opinion based on research, personal experience or other things

don't be a fag

Agreed.

I decided on my S&W because my first pistol was a 1911 and the M&P line shares the same grip angle as a 1911. The grip is also close to the bore axis and reduces felt recoil. The customization of the grips were also a huge factor as well as the texturing.

OP get a M&P, you will not be disappointed.

gun on the bottom left looks retarded

Yeah, there is no one "best" anything, just certain qualities in which some guns surpass others.

that's not true. Guns are tools, and like any proper tool, there will be an application and a best gun for said application. Glocks are popular for a reason. it's simply the most cost effective design.

Ok

>OK
name a pistol that has cheaper aftermarket replacement parts, a longer service life, better mechanical accuracy, and more caliber options. If you can I will buy one and post the timestamped receipt here AND I'll throw away my Glock.

>cheaper aftermarket replacement parts
Ruger Mark
>a longer service life
HK USP
>better mechanical accuracy
Sig P210
>more caliber options
Almost every handgun has more caliber options in any single model than any single glock since glock models are exclusively one caliber each, but if you want to get really cute and move the goalposts on this one to include every model from a given manufacturer, then almost any manufacturer who makes both pistols and rifles has glock beat by a mile for caliber options.

You'll have to settle for this pic showing them since I'm not digging out receipts to show I own all of the above guns.

Be sure to post video of you putting your glocks in a trash can and the trash can being picked up by the trash truck and driving away because I don't trust you to just toss it in a wastebin and post a pic since you're a sleazy, demanding shitposter.

Attached: do you see a sign on the front of my house that says dead gatter storage.jpg (2598x3900, 1.47M)

Literally no centerfire auto pistol has a cheaper or more abundant aftermarket than Glock, that's the only reason to buy one at this point

lmao are you dumb? he very obviously meant all of those qualities in the same pistol dumb ass

savage

Attached: 1299640902101.jpg (2048x1536, 454K)

I should hope not, that would show an embarrassing level of reading comprehension on his part. The point I made to which he is responding is that there is no single best.

Based

>name a pistol better at [x]
>names the most mediocre pistol at everything

MP is the only SW I've shot, and the trigger was absolute dogshit. Other stock service pistols aren't all that bad, but this was a standout.

a pistol's performance is a gestalt combination of all these things. I could make the most accurate single shot in the world, but it wouldn't mean squat for duty use, and I could make a 40 lb unbreakable "handgun" with godly capacity but then you couldn't CCW it. You get the point?
there are both upper bounds and minimums to what a handgun can be and still fulfill a practical purpose, and right now the Glock is simply the best option. sorry if that bursts your bubble. still waiting for you to name a better option.
>protip: you can't

Ok.

Attached: em pee.jpg (2200x1467, 1.1M)

>cheaper aftermarket replacement parts
nope
>longer service life
nope
>better mechanical accuracy
nope
>more caliber options
nope
>inb4 price
too bad blue label exists, as do buyers clubs.
>inb4 trigger sucks REEEEE
that's a training issue and you suck, not the gun.

sorry, try again.

Any thoughts about their .50 caliber revolver???
I admit I'm tempted.

What are you on about?

>clips

Shut up lardass.

Hey Burt. You fucking shit for brains lardass worthless fuck. Post a picture of your grouping, or a video of you shooting. Until then, your opinion is about as valid as a Grandmother that collects Hollywood memorabilia dishware and tries to tell you how to cook a steak.

How fucking old are you to make this analogy.

Jow Forums really is the easiest board to troll.