VP9 still recommended?

I know this is old news, but I don't ever recall a consensus being reached. There's an OD VP9SK at the LGS that's calling to me. So are they g2g?

Attached: mac.jpg (1280x720, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc
youtu.be/eJr453erCAc
lanzerbot.wordpress.com/2015/02/08/case-study-ppq-vs-vp9-trigger/
range365.com/hk-releases-vp9-b-with-push-button-magazine-release
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's the second best striker fired handgun ever made. If it feels good, get it.

Yes.

t. About 7500 rounds and dozens of courses and small comps with one.

They're okay. Had one and a P10-C, sold the VP9, kept the P10-C.

IMO they're fine as long as you understand the design. Nobody else could reproduce mac's results for good reason. That being said unless they've changed the trigger mechanism since i last looked at it, it is a little weird and IIRC is NOT supposed to be disassembled past a certain point or it could result in issues. They used some sort of weird braided trigger bar spring that can be damaged if fiddled with improperly. I'd heard it suggested that something like this might have been a factor in his results, but that's going off a several years old memory so take it with salt. Pic related, but considering the reputation they enjoy i wouldn't consider it a deal breaker, just something that bears researching.

Attached: VP9 trigger bar spring.jpg (800x404, 17K)

what's the first?

it's one of the best on the market and MAC's was either user error in assembly, a very very rare lemon, or both.
youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc
/thread

PPQ

VP9’s are bad guns. The lower price point has nothing to do with the fact that striker fired guns do not have extra parts such as a hammer, mainspring and various other parts that add to the cost of a hammer fired pistol. Do note I have NO experience with the VP9 so my absolute factual information comes from equally misinformed individuals online who have no basis on what constitutes a good firearm or not.

It plain sucks because it’s not as expensive as the other HK’s along with it failing some dirt or mud test from some guy on the interwebs. As someone who EDC’s a handgun, falling into a puddle of mud and cum after being tackled by an assailant and held down long enough to have the internals of my pistol become drenched in dirt, water and debris is a legitimate concern of mine. More than my physical health or improving my shooting skills, for that matter.

>[DISREGARD THIS VIDEO DO NOT WATCH]

youtu.be/eJr453erCAc
This goes against numerous anecdotal evidence from many of accomplished shooters saying good praise of them. It’s fucking horrible, get something
>t. EDC an HK USP45 with 121 rounds through if (high round count I know lol)

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.39M)

8700 rounds put through my vp9 and I have had zero malfunctions . I must be lucky according to the internet and Jow Forums.

It's an actual 'flaw' with the gun. Omaha outdoors had the same thing happen. The VP9sk they tested fared better.

Don't go chucking your gun into ponds and it'll be fine. Even then there's a good chance it'll be fine. So if you're literally a navy seal doing maritime operations, vp9 is not for you. If you're not, it's a great gun.

It's got godlike grip ergonomics, but I actually dislike the trigger. It's light, but also has extremely gritty travel. It's good for an HK trigger I guess but there's about 5 stiker guns with noticeably better triggers.

Attached: tenor (4).gif (470x200, 2.43M)

How does a VP9sk compare to a PPQsc?
I want a small striker gun with a paddle mag release.

he didnt do anything crazy.

Attached: 1494726833405.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

He literally threw the gun

The HK is larger, the PPQ has a grip more like a Glock 26 where you basically need a grip extension to get three fingers on it.

Wrong. It's the P99. The PPQ was a mistake.

p99 a shit and, double action a shit. It looks better, that's it.

PPQm2 is a mistake however. Paddle mag is the only way to live.

>p99 a shit
Absolutely wrong.
>double action a shit.
Single action with no safety a shit.

Is it bigger enough that it'd be any harder to carry, or is it just a little thick in the slide?

Good thing it has three safeties :^)

Which one stops it from ND'ing into your cock when your oversized Tapout t-shirt gets in the way of reholstering?

I like mine. Carrying a full size right now. You can get a solid grip on the SK for a subcompact. I’d like to try the 13 round magazines.
I still like my PPQ better. Probably picking up a second PPQ this weekend.
For anyone interested here’s a comparison between the PPQ and the VP9 triggers: lanzerbot.wordpress.com/2015/02/08/case-study-ppq-vs-vp9-trigger/
I like the VP9 paddle better than the PPQ M2 button, but the button isn’t bad. Ironically HK is now pimping the button model SF9 in Europe. Pic related. Does not look very user friendly. Hopefully it at least uses the same mags as the paddle. Would explain the shitty placement. On the upside they’re showing off an optics ready model. Be interesting to see if they offer the top end as a conversion like they’re doing with the long slide.

Attached: FA53EFFC-BE20-4029-BA36-A590ED0057E5.jpg (1179x911, 275K)

>Hopefully it at least uses the same mags as the paddle
It won't, there's no good way to have the two different mechanisms engage the magazine the same way.

did you even watch the video
you can chuck the thing into ponds all day long and it works perfectly fine.

IIRC the XD uses an ambidextrous button that catches the mag on a front mounted ledge like the P-30/VP9 mags do. So it’s possible. I suspect that’s why the button has such an awful placement.

range365.com/hk-releases-vp9-b-with-push-button-magazine-release
Says near the end it uses the same mags.

Sometimes. Because I've watched multiple people do it and the gun fail.