I'm looking for a good shamshir sword, and I saw a video by Cold Steel. Is this company any good, Jow Forums?

I'm looking for a good shamshir sword, and I saw a video by Cold Steel. Is this company any good, Jow Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=USUIQIGZaN8

Attached: cold steel.png (292x173, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kultofathena.com/swords-arab-br.asp
vikingsword.com/ethsword/shamshir/index.html
szablapolska.com/szabla-w-typie-tureckim-mameluk/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know little to nothing about that kind of sword.

However Cold Steel has a very bad reputation at lest on the sword market, they make some great knives and other products. They have the general reputation for making sharp crow bars that handle very differently from the historical examples, this is part of the reason they do make these impressive cuts seem easy since they handle like cleavers. Some of their newer swords are improving in this category, but it's worth noting.

Also price wise (looking at retail on like Amazon and KOA not CS pricing) some of their swords are great value while others are completely over priced. But the worst problem is they have atrociously bad quality control, you could order two identical swords and one could be perfect, the other half rusted, dull, bent, and with a rattling guard.

In general their swords are made by Dynasty Forge, Windless (maybe), and some others.

tl
Pros;
>generally very sharp unless MAA
>Structurally strong
>some good value
Cons
>absolute bottom line shit QC
>A lot weight/bad balance problems
>often cheap steel and materials for the price
>people will make fun of you

>I know little to nothing
Most accurate tripfag post ever.

Thnx, I try my best

Thanks man. Any alternative places I get get mid east swords?

There used to be a namefag that shilled their stuff, he was terrible. Much like the products he defended, shilled, and purchased.

Like I said, I know little to nothing about mid eastern swords.

A good resource for learning about modern practitioner grade swords though is Sword Buyers Guide (SBG), you maybe able to find some info there. Also you could go to the the Kult Of Athena site and see what they have for sale in that genera, look up reviews on ones that catch your interest.

kultofathena.com/swords-arab-br.asp

That will do, thanks again

Why do you want a shamshir?

I'm Persian

Then bite the bullet and buy a real one from a reputable antique arms dealer.
Oriental arms
Ashoka arts
Two I could recommend; there's a lot of Indian junk out there.

Infidels won’t magically behead themselves duh

learn
vikingsword.com/ethsword/shamshir/index.html

the real dream was to try and get this look, but that's not possible, so I just settle for an iconic medieval Persian sword instead

Attached: sassanian_persian_cavalry_8.jpg (800x879, 412K)

Then get a sword from your culture that you can feel proud of, ladder pattern wootz.

I would feel proud of any weapon from my culture, regardless. At this point, I have found a few resources that I could use to acquire a shamshir. Might try and get it in the summer.

>the real dream was to try and get this look, but that's not possible
Why?

Well, if you can afford to acquire an antique example it will prove a very good investment.
Would probably require 3-5 k. New ones will be made by some infidel in China or India.

can't find the armor anywhere, plus would be massively expensive

my brother is actually working on making his own chainmail armor from scratch, but for a crusader's outfit.

Butted for show. Riveted for go.

Their swords are weighted incorrectly. More like a machete. Buy from kult of athena instead

Kult of Athena is a retailer not a brand you blithering idiot. They even carry Cold Steel swords.

>hey should I buy this kind of pasta
>that pasta has problems, You should buy from Walmart

Windlass makes a scimitar that looks pretty cool and I've heard good things about it. Grip is fairly small (as it ought to be) so if you have bear hands it might not fit.

"Kilic Osman Baskurt" makes the best reproductions of shamshir, kilij, pala etc available. But he only makes customs so be prepared to pay accordingly. Find him on FB or Insta

Szablapolska makes mameluke inspired shamshir with the distinctive finger grooves. szablapolska.com/szabla-w-typie-tureckim-mameluk/