Convince me not to

Because really why the hell not?

Attached: 380ppk.jpg (1155x1155, 86K)

>9mm
no stopping power

Because you can get a knock off for hundreds less.

FAMAS is a great gun! Go for it!

because its popularity is entirely based upon its looks and appearance in movies and possibly its historical service
it's not very good gun, particularly the s&w made ppk/s ones which aren't very reliable on top of not being very good guns to begin with

>asking about a sub-$1k gun
You're clearly a poorfag, and thus that money would be better spent fixing some other aspect of your ruined life. But you'll probably OD on oxycontin before that could ever happen, so who cares.

Because the PPK is better and can actually be pocket carried. The PPK/S only exists because dumb import laws from half a century ago.

(You) arent even trying

because the bersa thunder is more comfortable and fun to shoot

why do we have this thread twice a day, they aren't very good guns.

this, and not just clones but objectively superior guns, for far less.

^ Reminds me of the "chocolate chip cookie" message thread that ended with people calling each other "Assholes and Motherfuckers".

not op but think the ppk is sexy, what are you talking about? :)

this

So get a clone. You're just paying for a name brand.

where can I find clones? who makes them?

FEG

Bersa

If you want an older gun get a P64 or a PA63
If you want a newer gun get a Bera Thunder.

It really isn't that great. If you want to LARP as 007 then sure. If you want to carry then there are much cheaper, slimmer, lighter, more powerful and reliable pistols available that don't have slide mounted safeties.

there is no real thing as a PPK clone of reasonable quality that I am aware of. there are plenty of similar pistols though. P64/P83 are garbage, makarov is functional but exactly what you would expect from a mass-manufactured cold war soviet bloc pistol, bersa thunder is actually pretty OK, sig P230/P232 is breddy gud

>P64/P83 are garbage
My P64 functions great, it's just not comfy to shoot. I've never had a problem except for primer failures on cheap ammo.

i didn't say it didn't work, just that it was garbage. the mosin works, but is called the garbage rod for a reason. functioning is not the goal here but rather the baseline.

It shoots as straight as any other gun with a barrel that short. I'm not getting what you mean.

I got the 22LR version for $250 shipped and it’s fun as shit.

My pa 63 is fucking awesome. What are you on about?

the trigger is terrible, the ergonomics are bad, the fit and finish and overall quality of the gun is acceptable at best. it's a surp pistol. it is what it is, but it's not a gun that I would realistically recommend to somebody over a PPK, Bersa, or P232.

do yourself a favor and compare it to a pistol that isn't $150 some time and you might be shocked to discover it's got some shortcomings

BS. Use hollowpoints. I've dropped deer with mine

due what please link me

Bought one of the new ones about two weeks ago. Sold it a week ago. It's uncomfortable and awkward as fuck, which is a shame because I really wanted to like it and it seemed to be a well built gun. But the squared off grip starts to hurt your hand after a while, despite having a fixed barrel my groups with it were shit, and the lack of a slide catch makes it a weird gun to manipulate and clear.

Ok so a fucking troll then.

Just buy the .22.

Picked one up recently, and once I get my suppressor I can Bond cosplay.

Fuck it I'll take the bait...So the pa-63 in 9x18. The fuck is wrong with it? Shoots straight, never had any jams or issues (no feed problems no stovepipes ect.) It's holds an adequate amount of rounds (7+1) no obnoxious heal release like the Makarov PM has, includes an incredibly comfy grip (I suppose the right-handed thumb rest might bug a lefty but they make replacements) and lastly the thing just plain looks fuckin good. Oh and it's semi small light and carries well.
Cons. It kicks a bit. You can cut that down with new springs and it's still not as bad as a modern pocket 380 anyway.
The fuck do you want the gun to do that it fails to actually fucking do?

Attached: image001.jpg (385x240, 16K)

Care to list them all? Aside from the ones already mentioned.

>the trigger is terrible
The SA trigger is nice and crisp, but you're right that the DA trigger is god awful.
>the fit and finish and overall quality of the gun is acceptable at best
You what? Besides a little scuffing on the plastic grip mine looks fantastic.

It recoils like a 9. Sig p238 has half the percieved recoil of a PPK.

Kek

Glock 42 and 43
S&W Shield
Walther PPS
Beretta Nano
Sig 938
Springfield XD-S
Kahr CW9
Taurus G2
Ruger LCP
Ruger LC9

To name a few. Not all of them are great, but the market is flooded with pocket 9mms right now.

>Pocket 9mm
Who the fuck would willingly practice with such a shitty recoiling bastard?

Try the spring kit wolf makes for the PA 63. It comes with several spring that do absolute wonders for the DA trigger pull. Also come with some different recoil springs. Just don't use the lightest spring for the DA it can give light strikes. But all the others work fine and help the DA drastically.

People who think the PPK and PPK/S are just for James Bond wannabes, think the .380 is a poor defensive round for concealed carry (got to be able to penetrate those barriers in the street, brah!), and think a heavy steel .380 somehow has worse recoil than a polymer 9mm or .40 that is half the weight. Basically, fucking retards and fudds.