Apologize

Apologize.

Attached: F-14A_Tomcat_VF-142.jpg (2946x1922, 2.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=83cZ9h5NAo8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I’m sorry you spent 50 hours in maintenance for every hour of flight.

i’m sorry george bush killed you tommy

Such a beautiful aircraft with such terrible maintenance quirks. I hope she's having fun in aircraft heaven, shooting all the Russkies she wants with no fear of breaking down. Dancing through endless, fluffy clouds...

stop it

Attached: 1529199951499.jpg (610x457, 42K)

But user, she's still flying.

Attached: Iranian_AF_F-14_Tomcat_landing_at_Mehrabad.jpg (1200x800, 217K)

God bless those poor aircraft, having to fly with sandnigger pilots who don't respect her american roots. That's some purgatory, user.

If Iran could maintain these gals, why couldn't we?

Attached: cheney.jpg (2000x1000, 316K)

We chose not to, they have to.

Sorry I never finished that power ballad I wrote about you. It ended up being "every Rose has it's thorns" with "nigger" sprinkled liberally throughout.

I like the Hornet more

Attached: spamraam.webm (1920x1080, 2.72M)

sorry we sold you to Iran

sorry i thought you were a deer

I'd assume they really aren't. Or if they are it isnt quite as good as it should be.

>50 hours

How and why?

That's what happens when the aircraft is an overcomplicated sack of shit.

I wish we'd gotten to see her grow up...

Attached: 145503422445.jpg (2676x1827, 503K)

Ive heard that the big heads are tossing around the idea of building new Eagles with modern technology.

Heres to hoping the Tomcat gets something similar.

What makes you think Iran doesn't respect them? They racked up something north of 130 kills on them in the Iran-Iraq war.

Too bad no track while scan so all those slammers went to a single target. Also, no tanks means you will have to glide back to the field after getting that high.

Hornet does have TWS IRL, and it does carry tanks IRL.

Truly she has gone to a freeer place, where her enemies are imperialists rather than dirt farmers.

Attached: zandi5.jpg (595x387, 42K)

they've had no notable accidents or casualties, which is more than the F-15I can say.

>tws
Yeah I know. But in DCS it does not.
>tanks
You can't carry 8 spamraams with tanks. And the hornet is half out of fuel by the time it takes off without tanks.

Last one is false, assuming the pilot isnt a marine they should be fine. and you can carry 10 SPAMRAAMS just fine because lolcenterline tank.

We're talking about legacy hornets not rhinos

Go try it, fire up the NATObias maker and load it with spamrams on all underwing stations and ejectors, load a centerline tank and punch the burners on takeoff, she'll be fine.

Attached: VF-41.jpg (2048x1366, 263K)

>jets

disgusting.

Attached: Screen_190214_035147.png (1920x1080, 714K)

>F-14 is hard to maintain
I doubt it's that hard to maintain since Iranians did it while they were practically sanctioned by everyone and their mother.
Also Tomcat did great in Iran-Iraq war. But then again it was also due to pilots, Iranian pilots were quite good and schooled in West.

>bush

It was literally Cheny.

Dude had it in for the poor girl.

The pilots were well trained but their plane was miles beyond anything else flying in the area. They not only enjoyed an eagle eye's view of the battlefield but also a missile that could take advantage of it. Not to mention the fact that none of the fighters fielded by Iraq could hold its own in a dogfight against the cat in any of the basic E-M criteria.

The only jet that could give them trouble was the MiG-25 and that was mainly because it was so hard to catch.

Attached: 1551048531871.jpg (172x292, 11K)

Any plane is easier to maintain when it's not operating over salt water and landing on a carrier

It's fat bottom girls that make the rockin' world go round, son.

Attached: thicc.jpg (792x364, 54K)

>Cheney
How can one man be so based?

Sorry the Soviet Navy retired their bomber and nuke cruise missiles, after which you became a mediocre multi-role at best, while being ridiculously complicated to maintain and thus very expensive to fly.

The Iranian paid for their joint development too, bitch.

>Compressor stall randomly
>Die
F-14 WAS GREAT GUYS

youtube.com/watch?v=83cZ9h5NAo8

>t. boeing employee
my condolences

>Carrying 10 120s in one sortie

You're a shitter and your loadout is draggy as shit

that module is too good for the faggots here

Attached: 1512677985634.jpg (1024x663, 57K)

It's too good for DCS full stop.

Game is sorely lacking and full of assholes

A clean growler is draggier than a shrimp boat manned by transvestites pulling a net through a Louisiana swamp, it's not gonna get much worse.

The 10 ARMAAM loadout is massively draggy

What is it with carrier aircraft looking sexy as all fuck? Intruders, Corsairs (both F-4 and A-7), Phantoms, Tomcats and Harriers, they all make my dick uncomfortably hard.

Attached: top beauty.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

designers give it the outdated TF-30 because the failed F-111B had them (along with the AWG-9 radar and Phoenix missiles, which were pretty great by 1970 standards)

replacing with GE F110 nullified this problem, which is why they had F-14A+, F-14B, and a major upgrade with the F-14D.

It had other faults, but the engines weren't as persistent as high costs in maintenance and manpower.

Attached: General_Dynamics_F-111B.jpg (2745x1116, 1.45M)

Don't forget this fine and underappreciated jet.

Attached: A-5_2.jpg (1024x768, 169K)

Attached: F-111B-TFX.jpg (1024x466, 336K)

Iranian pilots did 10 times as much fighting and flying with them than the US ever did, with less resources.

But user, they did it right.

Attached: zandi.jpg (1734x1176, 116K)

Those pilots praised the Tomcat.

Reading about Iran-Iraq war, Iranians actually fought well, that is Iranian regulars and their air force (and even navy).
But they were pretty much sabotaged by the government which liked IRGC and Basij more.

did pilots actually get custom artwork on their helmets?

Attached: 96dd40c6a7545019619b3bf8db6b4c79.jpg (840x630, 91K)

fuck no.

i love this phantom. the streak of color with the low vis scheme is kino as fuck.

Attached: F-4 VF-161.jpg (758x448, 96K)

I feel tricked

Attached: 1382917849591.gif (250x187, 1.98M)

>maintaining stealth AND swing wings
those poor maintainers

Stealth should be less of a shit now with bake-in material instead of the shitty paint on stuff.

would be a hell of a well paying job

well, in reality they *kind of* do. but its small shit and not like those crazy detailed shit you see in the movie.

>maintainer
>well paying
>ever

>enlisted men
>well-paying job

pick one, they work tons of hours for a lousy monthly stipend.

>implying you could maintain something so complicated without some serious extra training programs and then keep those guys from going civilian as soon as possible without a decent enough paygrade

>idiot civilians think hours literally mean hours, and not manhours of maintenance per hour of flight.

Speak for your own shitty system. I made 90K Canadian rupees last year and I'm a maintainer in the RCAF... And not a very high ranking one, either.

Not every military pays their military as poorly as the Yanks.

>TFW you make as much as a USAF Major.

"Pays their people," sorry.

Well of course they pay you more, It's unlikely Canada will ever buy war planes ever again so if those get wrecked that's it.

>being this delusional
Maybe a small "enlistment bonus" but otherwise treated the same as every other maintainer.

>decent enough paygrade
E-3 is E-3 no matter what your MOS is

I miss aesthetics in aircraft design. Modern aircraft are almost too purpose built.

Attached: 1485845520734.jpg (2048x758, 176K)

Fifty man hours, not fifty actual hours. Also, it doesn’t mean that you have to do maintenance every flight. It just means that when it comes time to do maintenance, it’s a significant amount of work.

But purposeful design is aesthetic.

kek

Same difference autist.

Not really, it was based on the squadron rather than a personal decision. Pic is peak aesthetics.

Attached: vf-84 helmet.jpg (1024x680, 55K)

Kek

Lookie heerrat'mah shrimpsa!

>not the superior vf-111
user, I...

Attached: sierrafitting-02.jpg (300x315, 68K)

Attached: aph6custom-09.jpg (300x335, 50K)

>Yea I'll have a liter a cola

That won't happen. The reason its being considered for the Eagle is that it is still in production.

Fuck Cheney.

Attached: A12 Avenger II art 2011.png (1024x768, 1000K)

so, I always heard a rumor they took that thing into a black project, or at least parts of it like the commanche to the stealth hawk.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNG_Kn-m73M

that thing would have been an absolute joke. never buy a stealth plane from fucking boeing.

yes, because older aircraft were built to a specific aesthetic design over their intended purpose.

fucking retard, neck yourself.

You're retarded. Paying the art fag rigger in gear check out to put designs on your helmet is standard practice. Way to talk shit about stuff you know nothing about. Ram a lightbulb up your ass and throw your useless fatshit body down a staircase. Seriously you shouldn't be alive.

Based Prowler. Fighters were afraid to go deep in SAM territory without an EA-6B for protection.

Its funny how the Iranians can still manage keeping those bad boys flying

Attached: 1550117397922m.jpg (1024x389, 59K)

>t. faggot assblasted about not getting maverick on his helmet
its not a thing, and never will be a thing. get the fuck over it and stop watching childrens movies.

>US-Iran war
>US F22 pilots have to shoot down F14s who have no idea they're even in the same airspace.
>F14s die never fighting back, with some allah tier language being screamed in the cockpit.

Typical example. Still, continue to talk shit about that which you have zero knowledge because you're a 1.8 GPA neverserved history major with a tragic life ahead of you.

Attached: 30ffe3d2416c3013cce2894f52d92d48--us-navy-pilots.jpg (236x243, 11K)

literally a fucking sticker
ahahahahahahaha.

imagine actually thinking a movie made to sell toys was the real deal

>implying the F-14 wouldnt be the one BTFOing the slow ass F-22 that cant even turn or fire missiles in its range

I like playing ace combat too, but that's not how it would go down and you know it in your heart that I'm right.

my ass. the F-22 is slow as shit and cant turn, not to mention the F-14 has missiles that are far outside of the F-22s range.
face it, the F-22 is fucking toast.

Nice cope. Never admit you were wrong or learn from your mistakes, ever, no matter how hard your ass was just BTFO. Life is going to be hard for you.