Colorado Gun Law

If I have a Denver County legal address, will I get flagged in a background check if I try and buy an AR pistol in a different county in CO?

Also, is the 15 round mag ban only in Denver or is it state wide? Can I find 30 round mags anywhere?

Attached: CO.jpg (800x533, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2opGmIjF_LY&index=8&list=WL
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

15 round mag ban is state wide. Big box retailers like Cabela's or Bass pro won't sell any mags that are "high cap" but local gun shops sell either kits or the actual magazine. As far as I know it's not even enforced that much

Good to know.

I have heard of shops selling "kits" for mags

Fuck do you mean? Grand Junction here I’ve bought guns in Boulder, Denver, and Fort Collins. Nothing flags you for looking for a better deal.

Attached: EEFCEA9B-B3D5-4927-906A-4BDBF4221853.gif (240x135, 1.92M)

>will I get flagged in a background check if I try and buy an AR pistol in a different county in CO?
No reason why that would ever happen. Your home address really only comes into play if you're buying across state lines, I think.
>is the 15 round mag ban only in Denver or is it state wide?
It's everywhere but cops are boycotting it and basically don't enforce it. At worst, it'll be a tack-on charge if you get arrested doing other stuff or have to get searched.
>Can I find 30 round mags anywhere?
Your local gun store or pawn shop that isn't some big box place will either just sell you mags or sell you kits.

My question is can I buy mag kits online, or get online dealers to ship me guns with standard capacity mags, or am I stuck having to buy local or buy mags separately from an online gun purchase?

I was told if you have a Denver County legal address and you go to buy an AR in another county, it would be flagged because you are not allowed to have ARs in Denver.

Not sure, have a manitou address and bought an AK at Denver at the tanner gun show.

I am gonna go to the Tanner Gun Show next weekend and see i guess

Does Tanner usually have good stuff or is it the typical gun show fare of jerky and overpriced milsurp?

They have decent stuff. Pretty big selection. Definitely some garbage too

if I were in your situation I would just take a day trip up to Cheyenne for the mags.

What stores are based and do they have anything that isn't just for ARs?

The mag situation is the smallest problem. I have a lot of mags from when I lived in Florida.

I am just wanting to build an AR and I have a feeling I am gonna get hung up when I try and buy one.

Ban is not enforced and was ruled unconstitutional as soon as it can out. Also it's an aggravation crime so if you use it for legal purposes you are fine but if you commit a crime with a 30 rounder you face harsher penalties.

I'm not answering that.

what are the laws like if you buy a stripped lower? Also how is your confidence level in finishing an 80%? I can't imagine the laws being more strict than here in the Bay Area

Unless you're the owner then why the fuck wouldn't you?

youtube.com/watch?v=2opGmIjF_LY&index=8&list=WL

glowing this bright

>I have a Denver County legal address

Where the fuck do you actually live when you don't have a fucking clue as to local law?

>Colorado state police posts honeypots on Jow Forums looking for violations of laws they openly don’t give a fuck about

I've had gun stores in denver city limits openly give me mags that were definitely over 15 rounds.
Tanner is either really good shit, or really dogshit. No middle ground, you have to gamble

No one gives a shit about the capacity ban. I had a buddy get a DUI in teller county. Had AR in backseat. Lots of 30rnd mags. Sheriff removed mags from the vehicle took photos of the AR in the vehicle then hid the mags back in the car.

Springs gun show this weekend boys, get ready.

Looking for a used 10/22 myself, under 200 is the key. Game on!

Literally nobody gives a fuck about the mag ban except for big box retailers. Like most democratic legislation it was an emotion driven decision pushed by a vocal minority that everyone eventually came to realize was retarded. Sucks were stuck with it, regardless.

It's not illegal to own the 30 rounds mags in CO, just purchase them. You can always say you had them prior to the ban.

Colorado is the bay area now. You didnt get the memo?

How? lol

Just drive to Cheyenne and buy some 10 round .50 Beowulf magazines

You take that back, it's not there yet

Attached: download (1).jpg (271x186, 10K)

Denver sure as fuck is
>large amounts of homeless
>degens with facial piercings
>degens with funky colored hair
>skyrocketing rent

Yeah, shit is wearing on me

For 10% off your surplus purchase or $30 off NFA today paperwork

Find me at Tanner user

So you were told some random bullshit and you thought Jow Forums was the place to get legal advice?

CO ffl here.
There is no tracking mechanism for buying ARs or any other gun in this state. The only record of the gun you bought is on your 4473 which lives with your dealer, and your receipt. Also, literally nobody except big box stores care about the mag ban. Go to the tanner gun show, you can find mags for days at regular pricing.

Utter the phrase "ay you got a draco?" to the guys at the NFA TODAY! booth for a 10% discount on surplus at the denver show

depends on what booth you are at. Its hit or miss. Some people will charge you out the ass for trash, some people will hook you up.

I'm pretty based. Ill hook you up. Find the my booth and ask for dracos.

IF anyone has any questions feel free to ask