Someone is offering me a mosin nagant and some cash for a dirt bike. He said it needs a sight spring and refinish...

Someone is offering me a mosin nagant and some cash for a dirt bike. He said it needs a sight spring and refinish. I tried Google but I can't figure out what a sight spring is. Anyone know?

Attached: A-History-of-the-Mosin-Nagant-860x465.jpg (860x465, 156K)

>refinish
Don’t do it unless for rust prevention.

Only get the dirt bike if it’s from Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, or KTM. If it’s not any of those it’s not worth fixing if you’re gonna ride outside your cul de sac.

Attached: 5904FBEB-2B70-4423-8D6C-AF1E854AFB8C.jpg (496x488, 22K)

I have the dirt bike. He's giving me cash and the gun. It's a Honda cr150

Here's the pic he sent.

Attached: 2019030695175500.jpg (1871x2268, 407K)

>stahlhelm
>mosin nagant
What? Did finns ever wear stahlhelms?

a sight spring is kind of like a 1 inch width and 2 inch length thin piece of spring metal that goes underneath the rear sight blade.

its kind of a fucking pain in the ass to put back on but to be honest it is not really necessary if you have a carbine version. if it is the 91/30 or full length version then you might need it unless you plan to put a scope mount on it.

the most important part to look for is rust and pitting in the barrel and receiver itself. rust and other parts are easily replaced.

here is a good example of my type 53 carbine with a good bore. check to see the crown isnt damaged.

Attached: IMG_20190221_102629.jpg (144x150, 6K)

I just noticed the flip up sight. Maybe the sight spring is for that??

it looks like it is sporterized to free float.
you see that rear sight blade? that is where the sight spring is supposed to be. ask him to show a full picture of it with the barrel because if the barrel is chopped than it could effect the accuracy not lining up with the sights depending on how the crown was done.

overall it looks to be in good condition though. how much cash is he giving you and how much would you honestly consider your dirt bike.

Thanks for the replies. I was asking $1500 for the bike and he offered $500 plus three mosin and a marlin 10/22

yes. it looks to be a hex receiver user.
since the barrel bands are off. I would recommend getting the archangel stock for it to turn it into a decent shooting range rifle. google it.

no worries man.
there are plenty of people looking to trade for a dirt bike. If you really like mosins and the other 2 are in decent condition I would maybe go for it.

does he have pictures of the other mosins?
sporterized mosins do not sell for more than 250 private deal and 300 ish for retail.

unmolested mosins can go anywhere up to 250-300. 300 will be a hard sell so I would value the mosins at 250 each depending on the conditions. you can find used marlins for around 100ish. so realistic todays market value of his offer would be 1350. if your not sure about the trade ask him to give you 650 or 700. or ask him if he has other firearms to offer.

>don't get the dirt bike unless it's from [basically every company that makes dirt bikes]
or are you just warning against buying crappy made-in-china 2-strokes?
Weren't the finns slightly allied with the nazis? Fairly sure they were, makes sense that the finns might have some of their gear. Either that, or it's a kraut with a capture.

>MFW it’s a sporter and people are unironically saying you should put it in an archangel stock.
Get an original stock and save it from bubba if you do get it user.
Even with a hex receiver that’s a 200 dollar gun at best. It would have been 350 if that dumbass had all the parts and hadn’t taken a handsaw to it while drunk.

Attached: 7F05BF65-5C9C-4A51-8759-4E2ED4E8AAD1.jpg (640x425, 64K)

>Weren't the finns slightly allied with the nazis?
I think they might have been, but I'm not 100% sure. A quick google search makes it seem like it's a bit more complicated than that.

Attached: 2019-03-08 19_24_04-Military history of Finland during World War II - Wikipedia.png (1235x350, 74K)

have you ever used the archangel stock?
he is being offered 3 of them.
since the sporterized one is already fucked and he will have other 2 mosins whats wrong with having an archangel mosin as one of them? they do increase accuracy and makes it way lighter and you get to have a 10 round magazine.

I don't understand why people dislike the archangel stock. I have a few unmolested mosins and 1 archangel and the archangel is the most fun and accurate to shoot. im not saying its a glorified new modern sniper rifle or anything. its just a fun little upgrade to play around with.

Sorry dude I meant "the" not "three". So I'll be losing some money on this deal. I want a mosin but I don't want a fucked up mosin. Maybe I'll back out for now. Thanks again fellas!

yeah man that is not a good deal at all. ask him for more cash or more stuff.

Nah, it looks like it was a typo.

That’s only one Mosin, and imho archangel stocks desecrate history and are an abomination.
If you want a plastic stocked rifle that shoots ammo that costs 50 cents per shot buy a ruger American

The Lappland War was when the Germans were retreating from the occupied areas of the northern bits of the USSR. Following the armistice ending the Continuation War and the defeat of Germany at the end of WWII, the Germans tried retreating through Finland. Part of the terms between Finland and the USSR meant Finland had to chase out the Germans with their own army.
Shame that your previous ally turns on your defeated troops. But WWII was a clusterfuck.

That gun is worth about $100 cash.

It might be worth about $25 in imitation crab meat.

It's bubba'd. It's like if you took an angle grinder to a classic car and cut giant holes/entire panels off of it

Don't that gun looks like shit

I'd much, much rather have a dirt bike than that crappy rifle. Tell him no deal.

I have seen pictures of it, but it seems that they used WW1 styled stahlhelms more often

Ah. My bad.

My busted ripped to shreds 25 years old couch is worth more than this.

>imitation crab meat

ABANDON THE THREAD, WE’VE GOT A BOOMER THAT ESCAPED THE CONTAINMENT FORUM.

ITS OBREz time