Talk some sense into me Jow Forums

>always wanted Steyr AUG
>Die Hard and Bad company 2 vibes
>also don’t want to SBR or diddle around with pistol braces
>currently have more than enough money to buy a Steyr
>but the configuration i’d want is roughly $2100
>having a hard time not thinking about all the other cool shit I could buy with that

P-01
Beretta M9a1 w/ CX4 combo
POSP for my AK
New Glawk

My AR situation is squared away as well.

What do?

Attached: DA107DFD-1E1C-4A4F-B2DF-CE18CC7B2DEC.jpg (2048x1216, 222K)

Buy the aug. Ev ery other bullpu7p is big gay.tavor is more at15 like but AUG is life. Fuck you c aptcha.

>AUG
>shitty plastic trigger
>essentially an overpriced ar
>556 with some standard barrel length
>just loads mags in the back

I dont understand the infatuation with this gun or its overzelous and retarded pricetag.

What configuration do you want? You can always swap out rail shit later. I'd just recommend going with the AUG pattern one vs NATO pattern.

Really short OAL with a full length barrel. No SBR or brace required.

You got me on the price, I have no idea how that thing costs that much to make. The barrel is good and the fit/finish is supposedly nice but the stock is plastic and you can buy a smoking AR for that price.

Definitely AUG pattern, I’d want the bolt release and AUG mags are breddy gud.

it's austrian so it's cooler than other NATO guns

Hey dipshit if ur going bullpup go real fucking NATO while your at it.

AUGs are expensive in the light of ARs becoming cheap as fuck due to overproduction and ubiquity, keep that in mind. I want a 20in barrel for mine, but there's pretty much just a boomer with an AOL account to buy those from, not joking.

This is how drunk I wanna be right now

What does bullpup have to do with that at all? There are shit tons of 5.56 bullpups. If you're talking taking advantage of the ballistics of a longer barrel, the AUG these days comes with a 16" barrel, OAL is a bit shorter than an M4 carbine. Just imagine the poorfag bitching if they had to feed a fucking .308.

I know we’ve been spoiled by AR prices but I also recall AUGs being cheaper just a few years ago. I remember them being 1400-1600 when today they’re mostly 1800-2100.

>thinking I’m not already in the RFN club

Sad

How many years ago are you talking man? I remember AR prices being way higher too, many years ago. Shit changes. The availability seems to be way fucking better with them producing them in Alabama.

Probably like 4-6 years ago.
True that, availability is way better now.

Was that Steyr production or MSAR? I grabbed some AUGs as collectibles from recent production, they are okay shooters, wouldn't write home about accuracy or trigger pull, but they have their own character as guns. I wouldn't mind a replacement charging handle for my main AUG, I think it's a bit obnoxious to lock to rear, with my current optic situation.

I think you should buy the AUG. I want one for pretty much the same reasons as you, but I'm not in a position to buy one. If you want something, can responsibly buy it, and will enjoy it more than what else you would buy, why hesitate?

Definitely not MSAR. Those prices are low as can be because everybody wants to get rid of their’s

AUG is an ideal choice for your mall ninja collection, but really, all of your choices sound good. I'd love to have a crystal ball to see if Steyr US will be around in 10 years.

Do it, after more than three dozen guns under my belt my AUG is one of a very few that I’ve had absolutely zero buyers remorse or second guessing about and has lived up to 100% of my expectations. More often than not the thrill of buying a new gun and the wait for the new gun to arrive ends up almost being more than actually getting the gun, but with my AUG it has honestly been wonderful and I sincerely love it

Attached: B2A66C64-A3FC-47FC-A39A-6B4CC74B165A.jpg (1536x2048, 952K)

Who? PJ’s?

He seems to have the most shit.

Why? Having 20 inches of barrel for optimum 556 ballistics is 95% of the appeal of a bullpup.

The only major downside I'd point out is the plastic trigger.

I'm not talking just the trigger itself, the sear and hammer are literally pieces of plastic.

Why, even? It is a mystery. Anyhow the trigger is absolutely atrocious compared to an AR.

There are kits out there which adapt the AR fcg to the AUG, but they're out of production I believe.