I dont want neckbeards that would literally put their dicks in the barrel of their moisons

i dont want neckbeards that would literally put their dicks in the barrel of their moisons,
but why do people like them so much? i dont personally own one and have very
limited experience in shooting them, but i dont see why people like them.
can someone help me understand? i personally love the mauser and grands

Attached: 1e8159f45b401d714407f4f24a4872f0.jpg (500x346, 48K)

Pic fucking related.
Legendary rifle has is and will be in use forever.
Moist Nugget does not die. She does her duty faithfully forever and always. When all is lost and it is over, she will be there for the next one.

Attached: Untitled.png (305x881, 22K)

People liked them because they were cheap and went big bang. Now that they're not as cheap everyone shits on them, because as far as performance goes they're not worth the price. Personally, I love mine. It's one of my favorite surps. Good sights, fun fireball, pleasant to shoot. I was lucky enough to get one with a good bolt, some others I've shot have been atrocious.

Attached: 20180922_163031-3265x6716-3232x6648-3199x6580-2399x4934-1799x3700.jpg (1799x3700, 1.83M)

Jow Forums is full of fat neckbeards that lived in their moms basement when they first found Jow Forums. Since they didn't have jobs, or could find one, or could even hold down a job, they settled for the cheapest and shittiest rifle they could get their greasy roll lined hands on.

The mosin nagant.

OP, you're not alone. There's lots of people on Jow Forums now that have proper funds and get decent firearms. Only the odd old Jow Forums loser comes around like a troll lumbering out from under the bridge to defend their waste of money when a normal person justifiably shits on it.

>tfw yours doesn't have the folding bayonet
At least it has a good bore.

big boom
hits a dinner plate at 100 yards

>Legendary rifle
Yeah, in the same way that a rock is a legendary melee weapon. The Mosin-Nagant is objectively a shit rifle. It has poor accuracy, even by service rifle standards. It's sloppily built, it weighs as much as a boulder. Nothing about it is redeeming except the quantities it was built in. Also, there are a hundred other WWII rifles that have been used in as many wars as the Nagant. Milsurp always sees use in low-intensity conflicts like insurgencies because it's easy as fuck for a farmer or something to get his hands on. That doesn't mean that it is a good rifle. It just means that it's better than literally nothing.

Mosinfags are fucking cancer. It was a good meme when they were like $60 but now you'd literally have to be braindead to pay the going market rate for them. Unless you're a serious collector obsessed with owning every Mosin variant or something, there are far better things you could spend your money on than one of those garbage rods.

Also
>inb4 a bunch of poorfag neckbeards start REEEEEing about muh Finnish Mosins and muh sniper rifles that were hand-picked from an assembly line because they didn't suck ass as much as the rest
99% of the retarded fucks on here who own Mosins do not own Finnish M39s or something. Most of you own garbage M91s and M44s that came out of Izhevsk or Tula.

You're an angry guy. Probably the only people worse than mosin fags are people who think the mosin sat some orders of magnitude below other milsurp rifles of the time. It's a middle of the pack rifle, and one in fair condition will shoot just as well as a k98 or Enfield in similar condition

I got two back when they were 60 bucks and 80 bucks. They are meh. I shoot my Turkish mauser way more.

It's because before the price hike, they were the Hi-Point of bolt action rifles:
Cheap as fuck.
Reliably went bang when you pulled the switch.
Easy to maintain.
Lasts forever.
Cheap as fuck.

On top of that they had really cheap surplus ammo that packed a punch. After their prices shot up, though, you're better off spending your money on literally any other bolt action.

The rock IS a legendary melee weapon, what the fuck are you on about? People were killing each other with rocks or slight variations of rocks for thousands of years more than guns were around.
No one ever said the Mosin was a great, fantastic rifle in the sense of it's accuracy and weight, etc. The point is, that also fails to realize, is that THAT'S WHAT THESE RIFLES ARE.

The poorest dirt farmer, the conscripted pianist, the volunteer, it was there for them all. When even the lowliest of the low, the most militarily and mentally incapable people you could possibly find, had to fight and had nothing, still found a way to get their hands on a Mosin, a way to fight back. A symbol of a man's last effort and dying breath.

Learn some fucking appreciation for milsurp, goddamn. The fucking state of this place lately.

>Only the odd old Jow Forums loser comes around like a troll lumbering out from under the bridge to defend their waste of money when a normal person justifiably shits on it.

I rest my case.

Still missing the point man, where did I defend it's cost again?

Your drunk, come back in a few days when you sober-up
BTW Moist nuggets suck balls

A thread died for this drivel

Attached: 1537915488893.jpg (250x180, 4K)

Just hatefuck a mosin already. Back when they were $80 a pop they were a solid purchase. I don't understand why you have such a hard on for shit talking them: Jow Forums never thought they were high performance rifles. They were always just cheap rifles that spit surplus 7.62x54r downrange without a fuss.

90% of it is because it's what they own.

The vast majority of people will tell you that what they own is the best, or that what they own is superior to everything except something unreachable expensive.

This.

>It's a middle of the pack rifle, and one in fair condition will shoot just as well as a k98 or Enfield in similar condition
No, it won't. It's sad that you believe this.

>i dont want neckbeards that would literally put their dicks in the barrel of their moisons,
And yet here you are, posting a mosin thread on Jow Forums.

~30 cal. full power round, 5 round clip fed magazine, 3-4 MOA
Sure sounds like an average 1890-1945 Military rifle

>i dont want neckbeards that would literally put their dicks in the barrel of their moisons,
No one wants them. That's why they're sticking their dick in a mosin.

This. It's a cool piece of history, that makes a loud bang, and could be had for cheap.

All 3 of those rifles are ~3 to 4 MOA. Less if you're lucky, more if you're not. They're all mass produced wartime minute of man rifles.

its also a cheap surplus weapon that has little value, poor accuracy and terrible bolt handling.
history of use does not always mean the weapon is good.

There were actually some dogshit k98s produced at the end of the war.

>implying k98s aren't just dogshit with nazi stamps

>if i just mention a typical whiteoid incel stereotype and put it in reddit spacing, my post will look so witty!!

Attached: FDDE572F-4CB1-4AD8-B9AF-EC4964AF204F.jpg (686x1024, 94K)

And no one seems to bitch about them being $600+. Yet God forbid anyone pay $100-200 for a Mosin.

They have history, and at one point they were crazy cheap and available, so poorfags loved them.

They're nothing special as a rifle though, I'd rather have a Berthier M16 or a Mauser K98k

Attached: Berthier Model 16, Mannlicher Clip, 8mm Lebel.png (648x486, 464K)

The same people who bitch about mosins are probably the same people who post on Faceberg about how dumb flat-earthers and anti-vaxxers are.

They’re assholes with an unearned sense of moral superiority who probably have no sense of humor and can’t appreciate history

I wish for a future where a new entry titled 'First Mars Insurrection' will have to be added to this list.

big bullet, strong action, extremely simple and cheap design.
On the bad side you have chances of sticky bolt, rimlock, potential slam firing. I haven't ever had an issue with my Mosin but not all rifles are the same.

>It's a middle of the pack rifle, and one in fair condition will shoot just as well as a k98 or Enfield
why did you name 2 more middle of the pack rifles?

If I want a mosin for a durable cheap stick that fires a big round, would should I get instead since the price is inflated?

You could get it for $98 at the local megamart and ammo was cheap. It could take down pretty much anything commonly hunted, and had a really cool history. It was a first gun for a lot of boomer Jow Forums because of this and has a special place in people's hearts for this.

>It's a middle of the pack rifle, and one in fair condition will shoot just as well as a k98 or Enfield in similar condition
No.

Over here in the EU most WW2 milsurp bolt guns are about the same price. Mosins, 98s, K31s, Swedes, Enfields, you name it, no big difference. Except for the fact that no-one I know actually owns a mosin. Sure, they exist, and pop up on egun or whatever every now and then just like all the others, but I've never seen one IRL - unlike the others.

You used to be able to buy them for about $80. Ammo for them used to be cheaper. And they are pretty fun.

My dad bought one and ~300 rounds for like, $200 off of a pawn shop that was trying to get rid of all their mosins be because they had so many once the price jumped up a few bucks.

Where do you live, Portugal? In my shitty corner of the EU, where prices make sense, milsurp prices of course vary. I bought my garbage rod for 200 bucks, but Enfields go for 600-800, a tad higher for K98s (Nazi tax, dumbfuck sellers usually) and the excellent Swiss surplus goes from 400 bucks for a K11 to 600 for a K31. Mosins are common and cheap as fuck (compared to other milsurps, of course!)

they are really fun.
i particularly enjoy and appreciate the cheap ammo available for it.

I respect the history behind them and if they are well taken care of and well cleaned they will be great shooters.

I personally have a type 53 carbine and I can hit 880 yard 12 inch plates with open sights.

Attached: IMG_20190221_102420.jpg (640x225, 56K)

i love my Mosin
i also love my Brazilian Mauser and Type 38
fite me

Attached: mosin.jpg (640x480, 112K)

Two questions.
Is that a standard/original bolt handle?
What the fuck is up with his fingernails?