Naval ship naming

Recently discovered that Australia's new class of submarines will be the Attack class. Sure, there's some history (we used to have a class of patrol boats with the same name) but overall I'm disappointed. Attack class sounds like something a 14 year old comes up with trying to sound badass.

The Poms seem to have the right idea with the Vanguard, Astute and Dreadnought classes, but what of the rest of us?

I feel there are 2 options:
1) The Bonza class: HMAS Bonza, HMAS Crikey (launched by Terri Irwin), HMAS G'Day etc... confuse the world with more of our "language"
2) Go full shitposter with the Cunt class: HMAS What Cunt, HMAS Big Cunt, HMAS G'day Cunt, HMAS Shit Cunt etc...

So, if you had the power to name your country's ship/submarine classes, what are you naming them?

Attached: thunderchild_by_andy3e_d135yl4-pre.jpg (1331x600, 86K)

Fukin Poms never had a 'good idea'
Name your subs after sharks and keep the shelias off them!

Naming after sharks seems tricky. Sure HMAS Great White writes itself (plus it pisses of anyone who isn't white) but who wants to serve on HMAS Grey Nurse or HMAS Whale Shark?

why dont you cheeky cunts name them after flora or fauna or abo shit or your victoria cross winners?

We would name them after fauna, but no one would be brave enough to get aboard the HMAS Emu. To say nothing of the HMAS Cassowary...

bongs had the worst naming conventions
>name ship the invincible
>it gets sunk

We should go with Mabo Class to honour our beautiful indigenous culture.

fukn Pom GTFO

I've always thought the United States should name ballistic missile submarines after serial killers. Why can't I have a USS John Wayne Gacy roaming the seas?

Whoa mate, just cause I sometimes don't use Aussie slang, no need for that kinda vicious insult. Dog cunt, rat bastard, whatever, but don't you go callin me a pom

I'd serve on the USS Ted Bundy

I can actually see HMAS Mabo working, but what are the other ships? I guess the HMAS Jandamurra, but after that I'm short on ideas. Maybe the HMAS Ernie Dingo?

You want a Bluey, I'll fair dinkum give you one!

I think you're onto something there. If you're going to design a vessel that sneaks about and then kills a bunch of people according to some arbitrary timetable, you may as well name it properly

Wait, you'll give me a ranga? I didn't think we did slavery, even with soulless pricks

yeah I'll go agro w/ you and then we'll have a green one!

Alright, you've lost me. I've been out-occa'd. Well played cunt

HMAS Cathy Freeman

Some kind of fast-attack craft I guess?

Anytime, Pussy

I used to play a board game Called Wooden Ships and Iron Men with some serious naval history grognards, and I would piss them off by (a) playing the Brits, who had the best 72-gunners around IIRC, and (b) giving them silly names.

HMS Infectious
HMS Inflection
HMS Doubtful
HMS Dubious

Things of that sort and nature. Because nothing reduces a history geek to a blathering fury like having your 3-deck Spanish flagship blown up by HMS Infectious.

>WS&IM

I always knew you were a faggot

I mean why not, Canada named it's destroyers after their native tribes twice (Iroquois / Huron / Assiniboin / etcetera ) while their frigates were named after their large towns / cities.

Do the Abos down under have tribes though? Or were they like New Zealand and Hawaiian natives and just one big happy super tribe?

And three quarter of American fielded hardware is named after one bunch of injuns or another.
Naming important things with a sort of tongue-in-cheek fuckery attitude is kind of an old thing, and I don't think it'll ever really stop being a thing. A lot of fictional works picked up on this. The Halo series being one of best known for having ships in it having been apparently named by a bunch of drunk Zaporozhian Cossacks.
>So, if you had the power to name your country's ship/submarine classes, what are you naming them?
Like the shit wrecker that I am, I would probably name them after one of Solomon's 72.

HMAS Rolf Harris

Shoulda' called them the Stingray class.

Attached: JmDi6.jpg (302x227, 31K)