FUTURE OF WAR

Where do you see modern combat moving in the next 60 years?

With the development of things like “exoskeletons,” don’t you think small lead projectiles will kinda become obsolete once we armor up these systems? Do you think we’ll see a huge shift toward explosive based weapons? Also, with these tank trophy systems. What’s to stop someone from using those in like a pill box? Do you think we’ll ever have to somehow strengthen the casings of rocket projectiles or grenades? Like the sides are armored, but the front (where a shaped charge is pointed) is less armored? Maybe I’m retarded, idk shit about rockets. I’m no expert in the subject, but I’d like to know what you guys think will likely happen if ground based human infantry is even still relevant by then (kek.)

Should we just accept our robot overlords?

Attached: EF47E08F-A019-4610-BD50-25E10A9AEAF6.jpg (720x390, 19K)

Maybe all the Muslims will be dead and we can have peace

Reported for racism. Hate speech has been outlawed since 2028. A neuron re-assignment team will be arriving to your location shortly. Thank your for your coercion.

Evolved carrier doctrine.
There are fundamental trade-offs between size and capability of weapon systems. Larger systems can have longer range, more power generation, more weapons, and better sensors but they also cost a lot and present large targets. Small systems can be attritable but lack lots of necessary capability, especially range. As weapon systems are able to make more and more complex decisions without the aid of a human what you will likely see is that having systems which carry weapons systems which carry weapons systems actually becomes a good idea.

Example: An air strike needs to be conducted within highly defended territory. A large transport aircraft is deployed to fly within 1000nmi of the target. At this point the aircraft deploys several XQ-58 sized drones in air. The drones proceed to within 50nmi of the target before deploying glide cluster munitions, each containing several guided bomblets, and turning around. The glide munitions approach their target and deploy their bomblets striking large numbers of sensitive targets within the facility. The drones are recaptured by the transport aircraft before returning to base. If one of the drones is shot down it's not a big deal.

This type of system allows for strikes to be conducted on targets thousands of miles from any friendly air base without risking expensive bombers and without the need to expend expensive cruise missiles.

Attached: matryoshka.jpg (800x800, 135K)

But I’m not in the UK tho

Gene specific biological weapons

The future of war isn't kinetic. Jow Forums fags eternally BTFO.

next major war will be fought in cyberspace user

huge civil war in USA as multiple challenging superpowers around the world (china,brazil,russia, etc) sponsor militant uprisings and political separatism in USA.

RIP yankee, it was a good run

You're an idiot.

am I user? if your wise youd start hording supplies now and if you hadnt ; i'll see you on raider lands. RIP

yang 2020!!!

Scary desu

A modernized version of total war - economic attacks to weaken powers and attempts to cut their access to critical resources such as oil, propaganda campaigns through media and internet, cyber attacks to cripple infrastructure, both military and civilian, deep state sponsored terrorist attacks sowing further confusion, air campaigns being fought with the most advanced technology mankind has created while grunts slug it out on the ground with decades old firearms, EW crippling all ranges of the electromagnetic spectrum, long range standoff weapons being used to strike critical areas, "space battles" being fought to keep key satellite systems operating, 2nd and 3rd world countries having their armies used as auxiliaries by major powers to supplement their own, more valuable soldiers, and all the while the global financial elite profiteer off all of it, laughing at us from their gilded towers, unaffected by it all.

Attached: weight_of_leadership.png (906x637, 337K)

Exactly this
Sparking this

More like all europeans will be dead and the muslims alive

This, all totally autonomous drones, merely supervised and very, very rarely taken over by remote human teleoperators. Even personal defense will be with swarms of microdrones. Civil police and security guards will be replaced by drones.

Tell that to the DOD, its their belief

Attached: minerva.jpg (460x276, 37K)

Yang gang

>small lead projectiles will kinda become obsolete once we armor up these systems

No. Armor is too thick for full coverage. Neck/jaw, groin/abs, rear lower spine and eyes/lower side skull will remain vulnerable to generic rifle fire.

People will use the armor to survive while they're commanding drones, but it won't make them supersoldiers. Against combat robots they'll be as vulnerable as grunts always have been.

Interesting stuff lads.

needs another layer of drones/ bomblets.

I don’t think this is necessarily true dude. There are designs that can be made to cover every inch of your body. Think of like a Samuri’s armor, or a bomb defusal suit. But instead it’s mounted on the suit, and having more power to move your limbs so it’s not as hard to move around with all the weight. This, but I was also thinking of some kind of exoskeletons built to resemble like a super mini version of those fighting robots, except you aren’t in the chest, you’re the whole body, It would just like make you a foot taller. Your arms would be entirely within the robot arms. Your head in kind of a dome/helmet made of bulletproof glass and something else. Imagine like a cross between a space suit and an iron man suit that’s actually plausible.

Sounds cool to me but I’m just talkin our my ass.

Attached: 2598D760-F04C-455F-B1E0-4B3C5DECAE6D.jpg (750x1334, 424K)

>its their belief
civil unrest =/= civil war

>he thinks there’ll be war in 60 years
We’ll either destroy ourselves or be ruled by AI within 30 years

Fuck off shill(s). We already saw the biased jannies and your 20+ threads on Jow Forums.

It’s fucking terrifying imagining the kinds of weapons that have been invented in the last 60 years. Weapons that no one has ever heard of, that we will only find out about if major war breaks out between the superpowers.
Like, imagine being a soldier on the future battlefield and suddenly your eyes and skin are melted off with lasers and your body is fried with concentrated microwave radiation. Fuck that, I’d much rather get shot

Yeah right. More like your Smart Refrigerator will report you to Bank of America and they'll close your checking account and mortgage for violating the terms and conditions

Lmao

sneed

Sneed

It's going to be mostly unmanned combat platforms, if we're thinking realistically. Lots of a flying drones, but also more mini tanks.

Attached: 1523815333670.jpg (767x1041, 83K)

What do you think the government is developing behind closed doors?

I was also wondering what kind of incentive there is to militarize space. I'd imagine something like a nucleaur countermeasure that orbits. Something that to put inbetween russia and out last line of nuclear countermeasures, Maybe it's already been developed, who knows. Maybe we'd need the space force to go up there and destroy it. Maybe I'm on to something, hmmm. Time to go to an industrial supplier and cover the exterior of my house in tinfoil to keep me safe. Just waiting for the 5g mind control apocalypse. I already took my brain chip out , and you should do the same before they flip the switch. But be warned, they will know the instant it stops sending signals, so don't destroy it in the process. This is a little known fact, but when you put on a tinfoil hat, it interferes with the output on the chip. The government knows the second you put the hat on. They then write your name down on the list of people to be culled once the mass executions and walmart based concentration camps start popping up.

Attached: Capturdasde.png (547x466, 163K)

The way I see it, they always say a new technology or xyz will change the face of warfare and everything we knew is going to be outdated. But what happens is that the new technology cancels each other out and in the end of the day it is about the basics of small unit tactics and following the fundamentals of warfare.

Attached: 194982997005202.jpg (1024x1280, 169K)

>What do you think the government is developing behind closed doors?

Various aerospace technologies, biological weapons, computer viruses, population opinion control algorithms, chemical weapons and genetic enhancement technology.

Attached: Dj5UCDwX4AAi6Cp.jpg (655x430, 23K)

Gorilla warfare ftw. Basically, social equality again reaches the equilibrium nature intended. (Blacks on bottom.) Then, we just send them out to fight eachother. We will reach a point where we realise that whites fighting eachother is savage and outdated. What were we thinking, actually disallowing them from service? HA! We will learn to replicate negros, and they will live out their lives for one purpose. They will spend 100% of their waking hours learning to become fighting machines. We send them out to fight on our behalf.

tl;dr the chimps will do the fighting for us..

Attached: 38848743_1139067012907627_1510245685369241600_o.jpg (2048x1365, 455K)