In need of advice

Hey Jow Forums former longtime lurker here in need of some advice.
So recently my grandfather died and while visiting for the funeral my parent and I were cleaning out all his stuff. While until the process we came across a gun (see picture) that no one knew he had. When I went to my grandmother to figure out the story it turns out it was given to him at least 40 or 50 years ago by a work colleague whos wife was apparently crazy and was concerned she may use it. This occurred in NY and the gun is now in FL. There is no paperwork regarding it I'm not sure he even remembered he had it these last 10 years. So naturally I would love to have it as a keep sake but to further complicate matters I am no longer a US resident and now live in Canada. What might the protocol be regarding this matter? Thanks for the help in advance.

Attached: SW-Victory-10.jpg (674x379, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atf.gov/file/58631/download
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So gun is in FL but you are not a US citizen who lives in Canada? What are you hoping to do? Ship gun to Canada?

Basically, then entire backstory and circumstance is irrelevant. Just find out how to ship/import weapons from US to Canada. It was a gift from your grandfather, and you want to take it home. Ask your mega-gay faggot govt how to do that. Thats all.

Check the ATF website for protocol regarding weapons - handguns made before 1968. It may not be serialized
And look into transfers within families for handguns. This may be covered by the state law, not federal.
If you can't figure it out yourself (plan on a solid eight hours on a desktop Internet connection elwith a printer) you'll habe to determine what it's worth I to you, you may want to consult a good interstate firearms attorney.

If you can't do it legally, there are low risk ways to get a pistol into Canada, but that would be illegal.

Do not call or take it to the authorities for advice, they'll just threaten you until you give it up.
And remember who your asking here, that 10% of us may know a little bit, 40%are shit posting refugees from /b/ and Jow Forums, and 50% are noguns larpers.
Good luck holding on to grandpa's gun.

That's a 4" barrel so you're fooked. You could have a 5 or 6" installed and then try to import it maybe.

>It may not be serialized

That's a victory model S&W it has a serial number faggot.

Attached: 1534011861502.jpg (1345x992, 565K)

Warning: If you contact a certain alphabet agency about confirming or transferring the ownership of that firearm to you, you are most likely going to lose it forever if your grandfather did not have it have it formally transferred and you do not have any paperwork showing its sale to him. Your realistic options are basically 1.) risk being sodomized in some federal prison (not recommended) or 2.) stash it somewhere and never talk about it (you already made a mistake in making this thread, you dumbfuck).

Also, as someone else already noted, that's a Victory revolver. It's a Smith and Wesson Model 10 with a parkerized (read: cheaper) finish that was made for World War II. Unlike shit like the various force-matched arsenal refurb Mosins, it is a cool and genuine piece of history.

donate it to the WW2 museum

This is fucking bullshit as far as the USA side of the equation. THERE IS NO NATIONAL REGISTRY.

ATF detected. Hide the dogs.

That’s a nice wheel gun user. Contact a lawyer. If it was passed down to you, and you’re a Canadian citizen now, consider passing it on to family in the States.

>Check the ATF website for protocol regarding weapons - handguns made before 1968. It may not be serialized
You are an idiot, keep your mouth shut or better yet KYS.

S&W notwithstanding, it's true about 1968.
>Serial Number: ...Serial numbers are not issued by ATF. Duplication of numbers is common between manufacturers and importers and many firearms manufactured prior to 1968 were not marked with a serial number at all.
>>atf.gov/file/58631/download

> I am no longer a US resident and now live in Canada

nice bait

Send it to Aztec armory in Arizona and ship it to your cad adress after registering it
Do not fucking talk to the atf
Send it to aztec after emailing them since they accepted transfers from non ffl holders. I repeat do not inform any us govt officials just send it north

Dude just put it in a metal box and then stuff it into your checked baggage. I did that about three times with my glocknade before I learned your supposed to announce you have a gun and noone ever said or did shit to me.

Not him but you're retarded. The only issue for OP is that he's not protected by the 2nd amendment because he's Canadian. It's not an NFA item.

ATF confirmed.

I want to clarify that I'm still a US citizen. I still have other family in the area that could take it and FFL it to me.

Owns revolver in Florida.
Lives in Canada
>simple

Attached: images (37).jpg (739x415, 35K)

Shut.
The fuck.
Up.

Well the gun is legal as-is.
The lack of a paper trail isn't much of a problem so long as it was never reported stolen. By default your grandmother inherited it, since she is a surviving spouse. It is for all intents and purposes legal where it is now.

If she wants to pass it to you, but you live in Canada, it has to be legal to own in Canada and then it has to be both exported from the US and imported into Canada where you need the appropriate license to receive it.

I hope yours has a 5 or 6" barrel. If it's a 4" or 100mm, that is a problem because in Canada any pistol with a barrel length under 105mm is prohibited. You would need to get it modified first (probably by having an extension welded to the end of the barrel) although that would mess with the gun's appearance.

>he doesn't want a Smith .38 with a pinned and welded comp
What the fuck is wrong with you.

and that's also not a photo of the specific gun. All we know is it was made at least 40-50 years ago.

Go the fuck away teenager.