Redpill me on the Beretta M9, particularly the newer models. My .mil friends hate the M9, but is it really that bad?

Redpill me on the Beretta M9, particularly the newer models. My .mil friends hate the M9, but is it really that bad?

Attached: 40C42839-3AB1-4DAD-9714-DC0D9AA90902.png (400x400, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lLSkXYA-Ir8&feature=youtu.be
beretta.com/en/new-92x-performance/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mil guy here
I disliked the M9, but then handled an M92 and liked it better.
I think most mil guys get a beat to shit 20 year old pistol that previous retarded soldiers have fucked with to the point of barely being serviceable.
New production ones are really quite nice.

GT is that you

Negative user

standard m9 was a bit too big for my wee hands, I love my compact.

Attached: ber92c.jpg (4032x3024, 3.51M)

I was out sailing once and the wind picked up badly I dropped the sail but I was headed out to sea. In a panic I tied a rope to my M9 and dropped it into the ocean. It buried in the sand and I stopped and waited until the weather cleared. It saved my life

army mans hat the m9 because their only experience with them are 15 year old, fucked to death issue m9s

Trips of truth
Only people who dont like Berettas are soi-infused handlets or milfags with a beat to shit one.

We loved ours in the Navy, but we were issued used and abused guns so they functioned fine. They have very low recoil and are very accurate in single action. I'd recommend renting one in good condition and trying it

Did y’all qualify on 22lr conversions?

>being shorter than 5 7
of course they hate M9 and 92

Get a 92A1 for peak italian. If you have the money and don't care get a Langdon Elite, Wilson Combat Brigidier, or wait for the 92X. I shoot my Beretta the most out of all my guns. They are reliable, easy to maintain, have aftermarket options that you can install yourself if you have some punches, YouTube, and a functioning brain. The military ones are beat to shit and a sued by crayon eaters.

Attached: DSC_0375-min.jpg (5984x3366, 1.15M)

>92A1
>peak italian
Ahem.

Attached: Beretta-92S.jpg (500x332, 34K)

Yeah your right, but between the Beretta M9 and the 92A1 theres some subtle spaghetti differences. Also vertec grips are a sin OP.

Mil guy here, retarded soldiers and Lazy armors are lot to blame on why the m9s are shit.
However, there are other reasons too, like using checkmate magazines. They made ones for the m9 during a contract and the results were devastating...

The military might as well had made Promag make their magazines, FTF and springs getting stuck in the gun were too common. That problem seems to have been fixed, but I still will never buy a checkmate magazine because of it.

My opinion, M9 (all variants) aren't bad guns, but they have a lot that move around which is very bad if you live in a desert environment. The mud, dust, dirt, and sand will get in ever crack/gap in the gun making cleaning a bitch. I also think the gun is over priced even as a used gun. Get a
Glock, XD, FN, HK, or spend a little extra for a Sig. Unless you absolutely get "giddy" seeing the different moving parts and love soaking your beretta in oil every time you are about to shoot.

Attached: MIND.jpg (259x194, 13K)

I love 92s and have a 92g, m9a3, and m9a1, but the new 92x looks fucking hot and people won't be able to cry about muh slide controls.

Attached: white-92-x-performance.jpg (750x497, 142K)

What about the M9A3?

I have this gun, M9A3, and will review it for you. Factory threaded barrel is cool and I've ordered a suppressor for it. The sites are fine for me for normal shooting with the lights on or sun, but the tritium night site aspect is something I find kind of lame because they seem pretty dim. Maybe if they would have used 4 times as much tritium and were brighter I might like them. Most people won't every day conceal carry a gun like this because it's pretty big and heavy, but it's a free country and you can do whatever you want user. Double-action, single-action is fun. I think I would be more bored with a polymer striker fired gun where every shot is the same. I was 50/50 on whether I wanted the original earthy colors or black. I live in the desert so the earthy one kind of matches the environment so I just got that. It's easy to shoot. Low recoil. If you like the old grip style better it comes with that so you can easily switch. Comes with three 17-round magazines which adds up to 51 and is enough to go through a box (50) at the range if shooting three magazines at a time and not having a couple left over. I find that satisfying. The haters can speak for themselves. I'm guessing they are people who just issued a used and abused gun and have no idea what a new one is like. One that hasn't been abused is a joy.

Great advice, I also think beretta's are terrible in humid climates due to rust filling in the gaps (SS is better but still has drawbacks due to moving parts and all the gaps around the barrel)

Get the M9A3, anybody who doesn’t think this is aesthetic is blind

Attached: 70FB13FA-4384-4A34-B6CE-9A005AAA1233.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Vertec grips are gay and were made for handles and women.

>mil guy has no idea what he is talking about
FN squishy squishy meme.
HK have a pretty high bore axis.
>ecksdee
>just get a glawk
Sigs have even more places you can get shit in the gun. Fuck you can look at the slide from behind and see a big gap all the way to the front of the slide.

Don’t get an XD

>"I haven't handled the M9 outside of qualification day", the post.
Go apologize to everyone in your life for making them deal with your drooling faggotry.

Attached: 1549848771857.jpg (1734x1287, 1.01M)

What makes the vertex grips gay? They feel nice, not that the standard M9 grip feels bad.

Wait, monster makes grips?

It looks unaesthetic, and not necessary for men.

>typical shit poster
My facts > your feelings

See that slide cut?

Ever wonder why it needs it?

To reduce slide mass for proper cycling?

What's with this new tan color meme? I want a 19X but I hate that goddamn color.
M9A3 in black? Oh that's my bag, baby.

M9A3s are for handlets, 92A1 all the way
Also the Glock 45 is basically a 19X in black

I'm a sucker for lanyard loops.

So your only complaint to shit on the M9A3 with is the thinner grip?

useless for concealed carry. has knobs and levers sticking out from all directions. too many sharp edges that catch on things. slide mounted safeties are retarded. sold mine, it was dogshit.

Can't tell if "I was only acting retarded" or b8, but that is the old Beretta logo. Made me laugh though.

Attached: Are you Kimming me?.gif (219x186, 17K)

>the gun is shit because I’m retarded and bought a massive full size all metal gun for CC

get a 92FS
find cool lasers for it
????
profit!

Attached: 7.jpg (2576x1932, 360K)

If I ever got a 92F or -FS, I want to deck it out with the suppressor and laser sight like the tranq gun in Metal Gear Solid 2

Attached: Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty.jpg (600x800, 383K)

>i'm a fucking dyel as fuck manlet so a full size handgun is impractical for me, therefore all full size handguns are shit
absolute pootery

Some of the changes on the 92X are no brainers and some (like the front slide serrations) seem to be from people with no experience using the 92.

>useless for concealed carry.

It's a fucking full size combat pistol, it was never intended to be concealed. That's like bitching that a Lamborghini is shit at rock crawling.

that's a cool laser user. I can't read the writing on the side - what brand is it? My bud is getting an M9 or a CZ shadow for his first pistol

Has anyone gone to Kendo for a custom 92FS job before? He has a good rep but I don't know anyone thats actually worked with the guy

Attached: kendollcexample.png (978x623, 456K)

There's an even newer one as mentioned. Solves basically all that's wrong with every 92 until M9A3.

Introducing the Beretta 92X:
youtube.com/watch?v=lLSkXYA-Ir8&feature=youtu.be

You may salivate.
beretta.com/en/new-92x-performance/

Attached: 53884310.jpg (1024x818, 167K)

Why the fuck is the beavertail pointing downwards? That seems stupid. Also defeats the purpose of getting a higher grip ...

Attached: 1550394277465.jpg (320x283, 29K)

>shit faggot mag release
lol

>not a single black and walnut 92fs

Attached: sdf.jpg (1024x683, 492K)

There's also the issue of older M9 Beretta's being originally built for 9mm Luger and then the military upping the pressure on the 9x19mm NATO cartridge in order to meet the military standards of penetrating a kevlar helmet at 15 yards. Hundreds of rounds of 9x19 +P+ 124 grains plus the typical maintenance schedules of your average crayon eater will wreak havoc on any service pistol.

To push back the average burger shooter's fat fucking hand and reduce complaints about muh hammer bite.

i have this gun in decocker version, its honestly my favorite pistol for the range.
ive never abused the shit out of it so i can't really tell you how reliable it is through dirt and mud.
if you dont abuse your shit, buy it.
its got a really smooth action and the trigger has been upgraded significantly from the older models.
it doesnt have the best out of the box trigger from all my pistols (id have to give that award to my FN's or wilson combats) but it still is my favorite overall.
this user is right, although i do have to disagree on sights, mine are really bright. mightve been reworked. do you have the safety or decocker only version?

Can’t get comfier for a nightstand gun

Attached: FF48B84C-F647-48FE-B299-2631F2386B85.jpg (1972x1676, 907K)

>this user is right, although i do have to disagree on sights, mine are really bright. mightve been reworked. do you have the safety or decocker only version?
Safety version. Made in Italy. I wish mine were bright.

FDE or black for an M9 A3?

mine is also made in italy but decocker only out of the box. they mightve improved the m9a3 slightly and just didnt tell anyone.

fde senpai, it wears nicely. its black under the paint so itll get a nice natural battle worn look.

kek it changed f-a-m to senpai

go back

no, i like it here with you cartoon fellas

Fuck it, that was funny, you can stay old man.

Attached: this isn't tennis.jpg (480x399, 62K)

thanks senpai

Attached: thumbsup.png (2658x1771, 3.14M)

Wish they had these things in different calibers. I would buy a 10mm version in a heartbeat

although i wouldnt buy it in any other caliber, i can definitely see the reason. its a huge frame gun for 9x19.

I won a M9A3 in a raffle, completely new. I shoot more accurately and prefer my glock. I used the M9 in the military, I don't think it's bad it's just defintely not my favorite, especially for the price. Borrow a friends or rent it from a range and try it out, it might feel right in your hands.

ya agree w this user, thin grips are no reason to knock a gun, you can literally buy diff grips. i know ppl who bought thinner grips for their A1's desu

fuck off nigger, I still carry a glock17 without issue. The 92 just sucks ass.

The Glock 17 is still much smaller and lighter than the M9 you dumbass

stop sucking nigger dick. I carry a glock17 which is just as large. I'm 6'0 and 170lbs and have no trouble with it.
the glock slaps the cock out of the 92's mouth because it doesn't snag on shit.
92 = dog shit.

based and tacpilled

face it your 92 has no redeeming features.
outdated shit.

I don’t even own a 92, you’re just retarded.

the you dont even have a fucking clue.
you're a fucking larp ass nigger.

Are you the same faggot that seems to be in every other thread, telling people to "just buy an AR?" No one gives a shit about your Walther Mitty oper8or gray man advice on shit.

no. I tell people stop being poor and buy an AUG.

AUG sucks.

fag.

Nutnmymouth please go and stay go

Tbfh. That is my only gripe with my 92fs. I dont like how the safty/decocker is on the back end of the slide. It always fucked with me trying rack the slide by Accidently engaging the safty/decocker. It was also a bit unfomfortable to rack the slide on compaired to even my 75b with its retarded small slide.
Definatly may have to make a trade in tbfh.

Every 92 thread you post about the superiority of your A1. And every thread it looks more disgusting. Its like your trying to see how much stupid shit you can fit on to that beautiful work of Italian art. Just go buy a glock and separate yourself from the rest of us patrician 92 owners.

bit late but it's a CRDC on duty

I like my 92fs a lot. The bad rep comes from military tards using beat to death M9s that have been in service for decades.