I just impulse bought a mini-14 at a gun show for $800 and the regret is setting in

I just impulse bought a mini-14 at a gun show for $800 and the regret is setting in

Attached: 1541528567974.gif (645x645, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/M1A
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/Mini 14
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OOF

F

Attached: BDE374E8-BB0E-4A9C-AF27-ADAB066CAE82.jpg (2448x2448, 633K)

>buy a shitty budget alternative to an AR
>for more than AR costs
I wouldn't pay a dollar over $500 for a mini-14

Dude you can get one in like....near new condition way cheaper

The answer is simple, sell it and the lost money is the price you paid learning to not give in to impulse buying.

They're not bad guns, just usually overpriced. Don't expect it to be MAX TACTICAL, but put some decent glass on it and it'll be a fun shooter.

Theyll spike in price like everything else in 2020. Never regret a gun user.

I did the same thing user, paid some boomer fuck on armslist 300 more than that piece of shit was worth.
Later traded it for a p30 though, so it's not hopeless.

I just wanted something in 7.62 and Jow Forums kept meming the mini-14/30
god dammit

Attached: 1543788063864.jpg (384x384, 39K)

This. Keep an eye on Armslist and you can host always trade up for something from some retard.

Oh it'll be fine. In a year or two when you are carrying it outside on guard duty near your subdivision, it'll make you look less crazy to the three cops still showing up to duty as they run between murder scenes.

Was it a ranch model?

So did you get a Mini-14 or a Mini-30, retard?

Was it a factory stainless sidefolder atleast?

I mean most of the prices I see in a cursory search are $990-1100 so unless the gun hasn't been maintained then at least you're getting it for 2-300 cheaper than if you'd bought one directly from a store. Still, I'd rather pick up an AR, some store at a local gun show was selling them with spare mags, some cheap optics and a soft carrying bag for 870-ish.

I would try to sell it, at least get $500 back.

Attached: vbkspeB.jpg (668x700, 65K)

>am Jow Forumsanadian
>mini-14 is $1200 here

Good find user

tag said mini-14 7.62x39
I guess its a mini-30?

Attached: 20190309_141837.jpg (4032x2268, 2.44M)

With converted currency it's about the same price, doofus

shhh, let the retard think he knows what he's talking about

I see them listed at $850 all the time in California, hope is not lost yet. Especially if you advertise it with the enhanced firing pin in the case of the Mini 30.

why the fuck would you not get a WASR for a little less?

>$990-1100
What? You may as well save up a little more and get an M1A if Mini-14's are $1k.

gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/M1A

gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/Mini 14

Mini-14's are about $750ish. OP didn't get ripped off too bad, not like that guy posting $3 .22 LR ammo, $100 thirty round AR mags, and $700 drums during Sandy Hook in the .22 lr thread.

>the regret you get when you get a gun you didn’t need but you only slightly wanted. Now you have to deal with not having the money
I know this feeling on a spiritual level

original pic plz

Attached: spongerod nopants.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

you could have had a fair Romanian SKS for that price

Attached: 28ce271be639682d85896abfd17f809c.jpg (640x480, 58K)

mini-14's are cooler than Jow Forums wants to admit so keep it. You can never have too many firearms and if you think you over paid just wait, 'worth' will catch up to 'paid' everytime.

Put it on Armslist for 1400.
>No lowballers I know what I got!

nothing wrong with the mini-14 but right now their price is ridiculous compared to a dirt cheap plastic AR for general use

Based bobposter

>a little less
You could buy a used WASR in good condition for like $600 or even just buy a brand new Palmetto State Armory AK (new gen 3 forged version) for $600. OP is such a fucking retard.

Attached: 1548367549589.gif (250x250, 3.88M)

I regret not buying one for $375 at a gunshow a couple months ago

don't feel ashamed it got mine (for $600 though) and I love the thing. Have an AR15 too. they are both great.

lucky bastard. get an aftermarket stock, the adjustable gas block, clip feeder, and a suppressor.

because with a little modification a mini 30 is a fucking awesome suppressed rifle. a real scout rifle

>'worth' will catch up to 'paid' everytime.
No it won't you fucking liar. The only guns that go up in value are military surplus rifles/historical firearms and occasionally ARs and AKs when a ban is threatened. Most guns loose value very quick I mean from the moment you buy a firearm new it automatically loses 20-30% of it's value. So don't try lying to OP to make him feel better about overpaying a couple hundred dollars for what is probably a used Mini-30 some boomer didn't want anymore after realizing AKs and SKSs are better.

Attached: 1548046399232.jpg (640x403, 39K)

fuck off retard

>muh shitty wasr

sounds like cope to me

>Paying the MSRP for a Mini-30 ON A USED ONE at a fucking gun show of all places
OP you deserve to lose your money. How can someone be this fucking stupid?

Attached: 1545277633938.jpg (640x714, 45K)

You can find used Minis of all settings under $500 regularly. You fucked up.

msrp is over $1000 tho
>You can find used Minis of all settings under $500 regularly.
prove it

Ruger suggests $1,060 msrp but I've yet to see any crest $900 in any of the big box stores, Academy, Bass Pro, etc.
Go to your local pawn shops bud. Just accept the fact you got played and carry on.

why is it cope? My 18 inch barrel length Mini14 points like a carbine and is lighter than my 10 inch barrel AK 'pistol'. The ergonomics are excellent, and it has much more versatility than the AK

sure it will. you pay more for a gallon of milk today then you did ten years ago, the milk didn't become 'collectible'. inflation is a bitch, stuff get worth a higher amount but dollars are worth less.

My 18in Mini 14 couldn't hit the target at 100 yards half the time, and never after the second shot. The ergonomics are excellent, I'll give you that, but the versatility is a joke.

I'm talking about worth in terms of increase value above inflation. Where you're actually making a real profit and not just making back what you paid after inflation is taken into account or even less than what you paid as well in nearly all cases of selling bland regular used firearms at a normal rate.

wtf? my mini 14 is very accurate (I do have an accustrut, but that's because of the adjustable gas block and my mini is one of the later models that fixed the early accuracy issues).

As for versatility, i can feed the mini 1 round at a time, I have it set up to take stripper clips, i can lock the bolt open after every shot for single feeding, and if the gas block is turned down it can very easily and ergonomically cycled as a straight pull bolt action.

just have fun with it, surf the web for mods and cool parts. treat it like everybody does with the AR's. make it into what you see as cool. fuck purchase price, always stop shopping for something you just bought.

Attached: 1550367779997 (1).jpg (400x432, 24K)

>msrp is over $1000 tho
Oh I was looking at the wrong price then. Still OP is overpaying on a used Mini-30. I've seen Minis go for $500-$600 used in most places that sell used guns and have them in stock. Don't care to buy them though because Minis require their own Ruger designed magazines instead of accepting AR and AK mags which is kike tier. Plus I could just get an AR for much less and a good AK from Palmetto for $600 brand new.

Attached: 1550256843962.jpg (1024x767, 115K)

Older mini 14s had accuracy issues, Ruger fixed those years ago though.

yeah, I think you got me there. I was just thinking that you hope the value increase happens in your lifetime.

I mean selling used guns can be very profitable if you know what you're doing (mainly overcharging retards like OP for profit)

On the bright side, you made some fudd very happy.

>believing people on Jow Forums actually have guns with no proofs
That's gonna be a yikes from me bud

...i'm too scarred of doxing

Ahh yes I'm going to break into the local PD and use their database to reverse look up your serial. Better yet I'm going to bust into every FFL in the country and read through their logs only if the ATF doesn't let me look through theirs first.

I'm backtracing your serial number right now

i've seen people get dox'd on /b/ for less. The less I have to worry about my future employers know that I browse azerbaijaini basket weaving forums the better

I give you credit for packaging this troll thread in an original way, but you needn’t have bothered. Anytime someone starts a Mini thread, the same tards give it 310 aspergerish replies, three or four threads a week, every single week, year after year.

Attached: B7EC92B5-F44F-48BE-BCD8-36488EA1C0B0.jpg (808x499, 76K)

Thanks friend :^》
did actually pay $800 for it, but I have no regrets over the $500 mini-14's that supposedly exist

Attached: 20190309_165636.jpg (4032x2268, 2.24M)

Did you at least get a decent model?

Attached: 840b90e69d031d3ed45e1b4b844c4f59--hunting-guns-ruger-.jpg (550x2177, 454K)

Welp, that didn't fucking work.

binary trigger.

>$100 thirty round mags.
Jesus fucking Christ who would ever fucking buy a mag for that much, even after a school shooting? Good mags are like twenty bucks, fuck.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

AR's will be worth as much as gold once a dem gets to be president again due to the demographic shift. Mini 14's and the SKS will stick around for a bit because they are le wooden rifles but they'll get dicked soon enough

post-580/synth-stock/flash hider
Not too bad

every shop around me with wasr-10s are at $750+ I dont even care to get one shipped because the wait and most FFL transfers in my area that are not shady as fuck at atleast $60-70 per a gun.

Attached: 129xy.png (1000x1645, 582K)

That folder stock makes my peener hard

Pretty sure I saw pmags going for 125. So glad I didn't buy til they were back to 8

Wait, that's a synthetic stock right? I thought the 'Ranch' models all had wooden stocks.. what kind of Frankenstein did you buy?

I've never regretted buying a gun
must suck to be you

>he actually goes to a meme board full of retards for non-meme advice.

Kek you deserve it

Attached: 1349996325950.jpg (660x446, 72K)

>regretting buying a mini-14
Have you fucking shot it yet? Maybe try having fun with it at the range before deciding you made a bad purchase.

Enjoy the 30-40 dollar magazine life.

The consequences will never be the same.

If you can wade through all the “I’ll give you a flashlight and half an engine block” bullshit offers.

It also has a flash hider and a 16" barrel
It's either a discontinued configuration or the bubba special

Attached: 9b61e388c9729285232a8dba0b203d1c33554457f1e5367d5f897efae9f65d0e.jpg (768x1024, 141K)

I’ll trade you a yugo sks.

Could have been worse, OP.

Minis don't really suppress that well

Pic for ants, thankfully I can still read the text. Might wanna change it bud.

are gun shows not the worst place to purchase guns? dont people usually mark shit way up like any other kind of event?

I know how you feel, brother. But I'll guarantee you would have spent a lot more with an AR (I know that from experience, fuck monopolies). I'd hang onto it and trick it out to make it look like a Bermuda Armed Forces rifle. That would be cool.

Now I see. To me, that's even better. No joke

Attached: Best-Scope-for-Mini-14.jpg (1200x500, 143K)

It's called Buyers Remorse. Grow-up, nut up and shut up

>$800
I like mini 14s but you're a dumbass. As long as AR's are $400 there's no way I'd spend even close 800 for a mini.

>You could buy a used WASR in good condition for like $600
Where did I say brand new there? learn to read retard.
>Boo hoo my lgs's overcharge on everything
learn 2 shop around and look up prices even if they're a bit of distance from you. Or better yet just get your own FFL with the ATF
>animeposter
oh makes sense now since poor reading comprehension is a sign of Asperger's

Attached: 1550513254742.png (439x439, 319K)

>As long as apples are $1, there's no way I'd spend even close to $2 for an orange

>I have no regrets over the $500 mini-14's that supposedly exist
I've seen them at Cabelas when they're selling them used nigger. Learn to shop around.

>that finger gradually getting larger
holy shit how fucking fat are you

Attached: 1532498107776.jpg (719x982, 184K)

At this point I think you're just anally devastated because you can't afford funs unless some retard is selling them $400 below market value.
Fuck off.

Attached: 1551963650923.png (484x484, 94K)

Meh, overpriced, but look at it this way."You'll never wear it out shooting it".

It's like paying sticker price for a car, sure you got a car, but you also got bent over by some kid who only got his job because he's related to the owner.

>impulse buys
>regrets decision
>lmao you're just poor

Not that guy but c'mon, dude...

Eh, I've been finger banging a sexy gun all night and I'm only out maybe $200 if those $500-$600 mythical mini-30's I can't seem to find actually exist. I'm over it. There's no reason to get so butthurt over someone else's money either way.

Attached: 1549090072732.gif (1906x2149, 1.47M)

You ain't seen sexy, til you've done a M93 Swede.

If you think you have buyers remorse now, wait until you find out what cheap 7.62x39 primers do to your firing pin.

Funny, I was originally hunting for Mausers at the gun show. Found an all matching K98 but they wanted over $4,000 for it.

>I just impulse bought a mini-14 at a gun show for $800 and the regret is setting in

Wait until a month before the next presidential election and panic buying sets in, then flip it for a profit. I've never lost money on a gun, you just have to hold on to it for awhile.