Browning HP re-assembly issue

So I got me a 9mm Browning HP.
Came with the magazine disconnect safety, which I removed in a matter of seconds.

However, now I'm facing a new problem:
The trigger LEVER sticks out ever so slightly too much upwards, blocking the slide, making it impossible to fully re-assemble the gun!

Any Jow Forumsommandos ever faced this issue?

I tried poking the trigger assembly around, but that didn't work. It seems like the lever sits too back by default too.

Attached: hp problem lever.jpg (3352x1108, 796K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/browning/auto-pistols-brown/hi-power/parts-list-hi-power?page=3
youtu.be/1hsoVBOmfL0
youtu.be/Bv3xVYWY-cI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When you reinstall the safety is it still fucked?

Haven't tried that yet, as it's a bit pain in the ass & I wanted to get rid of the mag safety.

That being said, the gun disassembled just fine when it was all vanilla, and all the tutorials online seem to have the lever resetting to its intended, forward-leaning position.

You reinstalled the trigger mechanism incorrectly.
First you put the trigger in, then work in the lever through the magazine well / through the back. make sure you lift up the spring, and rock it into place.

I have a ton of experience with hi powers post more pics of the hand, face down at a slight angle from the left side of the gun

This, I think. I haven't done this in years so don't get mad if I'm wrong

its supposed to do that, when the trigger is pulled. this is what it looks like when it do that. you have a spring issue. take out the trigger mechanism and try again

Attached: hi power action no judge.png (1246x722, 18K)

>You reinstalled the trigger mechanism incorrectly.
My gun's based on the pre-Mk III, meaning removal of the entire trigger system was not required. Just poked out the tap on the trigger, after which the mag safety could just be wiggled out by hand.

Took some more photos.

>its supposed to do that, when the trigger is pulled
Yes, I know. BUT it now does it when in REST.
Just a couple milli-meters, but it's enough to block the slide entirely, and does not give in one bit.

Attached: IMG_20190310_035804.jpg (4128x3096, 3.13M)

The lever also does not seem to sit all the way back in its "canal" in rest, and pokes out A LOT when trigger is pulled...

Attached: IMG_20190310_035844.jpg (3096x4128, 3.26M)

now im not seeing it. too much angle

why do you have so much shit in there
hexane and air blast that shit out

the hand should be flush against the receiver, you definitely put it in wrong. those things are finicky though do you have needle nosed pliers

Attached: Capture nigger 2.jpg (678x669, 84K)

Yeah, figured it might be that.
Take I have to take apart the whole trigger system now then?

>needle nosed pliers
Not small enough for this job.
Gotta make do with forceps.

Attached: hp trigger.jpg (3512x1648, 1.07M)

yeah just fuck with it until you get the spring set right
there is nothing major wrong with it from what I can tell like bent or broken parts so theres no reason it wont set right if you can get it

Fair enough.
I'll go back twiddling with the thing, hope I won't break anything.
Pushing the mag-safety back in didn't do much, so I guess the lever's just somehow misaligned.

Attached: IMG_20190310_041036.jpg (3096x2322, 1.64M)

You put the lever in backwards or the spring on the wrong direction.

I have not taken the lever nor the trigger assembly out at all. It literally just... sprang out like that on its own after I took out the mag-safety.
Did it just like in the guides: poked it a bit left in order to get it out of its pocket, nudged the mag disconnect out (practically launched itself off on its own), and then bent the lever back into its opening.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get it lean back into its canal again.

Attached: IMG_20190310_043305.jpg (3091x1757, 1.1M)

You fucked it up, the hand isnt in the trigger correctly it should look like this, neat and flush not all fucked up to the side. How'd you mess this up?

Attached: IMG_20190309_213813690.jpg (3120x4160, 2.72M)

clean your fuckin gun dude

Also this, your guns a fucking mess.

I see the problem. you should have figured it out by now

Did you bent up the spring?
Bend the tail back down. You may need to push out the pin and remove the trigger assembly.
It looks like the tail of the spring isn't pushing the lever back into place.

Or you have piles of shit on the shelf propping up the lever.

Yup, that's how it SHOULD be, but is not, and does not wanna be by the look of it.
Gonna have to take the whole trigger out I guess.

I know the reason now, but not the cause.
Gonna look into the disassembly of trigger a bit later today.

Probably this, his gun is disgusting. the arm should pop right into the machined spot on the trigger and never come out, no idea how he fucked it up this bad.

>but not the cause.
probably how disgusting your gun is.

Here is a start. Google will get you much more.
gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/browning/auto-pistols-brown/hi-power/parts-list-hi-power?page=3

here to help you OP
youtu.be/1hsoVBOmfL0
youtu.be/Bv3xVYWY-cI

Thanks mate!
Have to go buy me a proper brass punch to knock those pins out.

Yeah, that happens. What you need to do is get the little peg on the left side of the arm to rock down into the hole on the left side of the trigger. The arm itself is about an eighth inch too high.

Okay OP I got your solution. This is a common issue when reassembling hi power triggers if you're not familiar.

The spring is in the right position, but the arm isn't. On some guns you need to disassemble the trigger for best results, but on my 74' I can get away with doing it still inside.

What I do:
1: tie a rubber band around the trigger to the frame to keep it held back
2: Use a needlenose pliars or something tiny to lift the spring up.
2: While the trigger is back and the spring is held up, grab the top end of the arm, then use it as a lever to rock the bottom part that I circled in red to fit inside the little hole for it on the trigger itself.

Youll need to wiggle it back and forth a bit, but once it's in itll look like the pic on the left, and you can drop the spring back into the channel for it.

If it helps, rock it like the arm is a vertical AK magazine, and the part on the bottom left is the lip of the magazine.

Attached: Bhptroubleshoot.png (2256x996, 2.58M)

>This is a common issue when reassembling hi power triggers if you're not familiar.
I'm the guy who posted the pic you used on the left, I've never had that problem and I've had my gun apart that far more times than I can count

Because you're familiar with the way it goes together and the way the parts interact, I take it. My first time ever disassembling the trigger assembly to put in a C&S wide one, getting the parts to fit in correctly took some figuring out and fiddling with.

Gonna try this out

OP here, all fixed!

The trigger lever had jumped out of its u-shaped notch that's on the trigger system's body, making it stick out ever so slightly.
Had to take the whole thing out and click it back in, quite tight tolerances, but not as shitty and closed design as in MK3.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Attached: HP.jpg (1548x732, 283K)

Pistol looks great man, any idea what country its from?

sorry for the late reply.
It's a Hungarian clone, FÉG FP9.

I really dig it. Was cheap AF, and seems barely fired.

Attached: FEG FP9 + mag.jpg (1683x1102, 446K)

No worries man
Never knew Hungary made those copies,
and your pistol looks great man, the wood too im jealous.

Thanks bro!
Yup, Hungarian HPs have for a while been the go-to copies if you wanna have good quality classic pistol, for a fraction of the price of the real FNs.

There's three different FÉG -made HP lookalikes, out of which 2 are legit, very good Hi-Power clones, while the last one may look like HP, but is actually based on the S&W 59.
Mine's the middle one, most distinct by its vented ribs on the slide.

Attached: FEG handguns.jpg (2169x844, 510K)

I had an FEG copy way back, they're definitely solid guns. Just as good as Belgians in every way that matters to anyone but a collector.

Attached: BHP FEG JA2.jpg (2048x1228, 422K)