What’s Jow Forums drinking tonight?

What’s Jow Forums drinking tonight?

Attached: 351AC4FB-7DA8-4DB9-B158-03A446C052F2.jpg (2592x1936, 1.13M)

Having a glass of Buffalo Trace with a grilled cheese while watching Blade Runner 2049 but when I'm finished with this glass I'll probably have 5 or 6 glasses of Benchmark bourbon.

When I’m not drinking jack I’m drinking buffalo. I’m watching true detective season 3 haha

I loved season 3 man. Very sad it's over which is why I'm going through some other detective-like movies and shows I have.

Restarted the Wire from the beginning for probably the fourth time and every few nights I'll watch a detective movie. Tonight just happens to be Blade Runner 2049.

Killians red ale then whiskey then vodka as I get drunker and can no longer taste. Waifu works early and I wanna go get hammered but if she dont go I dont. Oh well. Guess I'll clean the guns.

Attached: IMG_20190309_223607.jpg (2976x3968, 2.71M)

I can't afford liquor and it sucks

Attached: tired-koala.jpg (940x940, 162K)

I killed a growler of a local IPA while watching the de facto Big Ten Championship game. It was a good night.

Blade Runner guy again. Should have mentioned I manage a liquor store. Id you like Buffalo Trace but ever have trouble getting it try:

Benchmark (pre-maturely aged Buffalo Trace, cheap)
Eagle Rare (Slightly altered mash bill with more rye)
Ancient Age and Ancient Ancient Age (another pre-maturely aged BT but I think less rye, I don't like it as much as Benchmark)
Bowman Brothers
John J Bowman (same mash bill as Blantons, extremely close in taste)

As for Jack if you ever wanted something a bit cheaper with a bit higher proof check out Virgin 7 I think its called. It's another Tennessee style whiskey that goes through charcoal filtering thats 100 proof.

I usually start with a nice or mid-grade bourbon and work my way down to the stand-ins as I go on through my night while the EH Taylor/Blantons/Stagg jr reserve is for special occassions or season finales.

Some other mid-shelf hidden gems are Henry McKenna Single Barrel, Evan Williams 1783, and Rittenhouse Rye. Old Forestor is regular brand is decent but I like their bonded 100 proof better, though neither hold a candle to their 3 higher regular offerings. Also Old Grand Dad Bonded is great.

t. Poorfag/kino/bourbon enthusiast/M&P9 police trade-in and Ruger LCP owner

Heard of eagle rare never tried it... never seen virgin 7 in my part of the country. I keep a bottle of old forestor in my freezer, but typically only get it out for guests. Colt/HK owner. But don’t know my liquors haha

I appreciate you. What do you know about gin? Love me the expensive stuff but I am poor af because I'm trying to live below my means at the poverty level. Saving muh shekels ya know. I like tanqueray and Bombay, anything with the same flavor profile but cheaper? Or do you stick to bourbon?

Tanquray rangpur is better then regular but it’s lole 7 bucks more a bottle.

>not liquor store guy
I like New Amsterdam for my "I want to get fucked up gin". If I want to really enjoy my gin, it's either Boodles or Brokers for me. Both hover around the $20-25 mark.

>What’s Jow Forums drinking tonight?

Evan Williams Bourbon.

Cleaning my pistols.

Buffalo became too friendly after drinking some cask strength bulleit. Guess I need to take a break from that to go back.

I used to be all about gin in my college days before I really found an appreciation for whiskeys. The 1.75L of New Amsterdam is honestly the best bang for your buck imo. It's crisp and smooth, mixes well with just about everything, and usually around $18-21 normal price and sometimes like $16 on sale.

If you want to class it up a bit and are looking for some other deals besides Tanq and Bombay Sapphire then check out (in most expensive from least expensive):

Botanist (usually expensive though I've seen it low in some states)
Barr Hill (has a hint of honey, but not honey-flavored if that makes sense, super good)
Boodles (just a really nice crisp one, I like gin to be crisp and refreshing though)
Malfy (I only had this once at a tasting for work but I remember it had a lot of flavor, and none of it particularly offensive)
Sunset Hills (Bowman Brother's gin, pretty good)
and Broker's (another crisp sharp gin)

Honestly though I keep a bottle of Hendricks, a 1.75 of New Amsterdam or two, and maybe some Bombay Sapphire or another random one around because the gf think's the bottles are pretty. New Amst is really all I Drink anymore and that's only if it's the first warm day in a while.

This whiskey is makin' me frisky.

Attached: 20190309_200525-1080x1080.jpg (1080x1080, 310K)

Talisker storm

Liquor is a ton of fun my man! I don't shoot as much as I'd like, between running the store I'm mostly on or doing/v/ and /tv/ related stuff but I like to be on here when I'm watching something I've seen a bunch of times since it's a bit newer to me and a bit more interesting.

I'm curious though OP why do you keep Old Forrester in your freezer? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but part of the bonuses of having an occasional cold whiskey is that with ice the melting water mixes with the whiskey and spreads the flavors out a bit. This makes the taste a little less intense/compact but actually a lot easier to differentiate. You don't have to be a snob of any kind either to tell the difference.

Try this: pour two smaller glasses of the same thing, then put one glass in the freezer and give it 20-30 minutes or whatever. Then take it out and put one ixe cube in the cool but room temperature glass. Take a tiny sip of the frozen one, then a tiny sip of the ice cube one. It should taste slightly different and (maybe with a little practice admittedly) you should be able to say "this second glass I think I can taste vanilla and caramel in it".

It's very interesting once you get into it and I highly recommend it ESPECIALLY if you like stuff like True Detective.

Neat trick. I will have to try that certainly. You seem to know your stuff. Lol glad I started this thread.

40 cal mouthwash

Jim beam and smoking a Lil sundae driver

A bit of the old blue agave with a side of peppers.

Attached: atf.jpg (1072x2000, 259K)

No spoilers please but what the fuck. Wire season 1 was good. Season 2 dragged all the way until I gave up on it. Boring and longwinded af. The writers never actually get around to telling the story. Does it ever get good again?

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.
Went for beer last night so staying in and reading my newest book tonight.

Attached: DSCF1111.jpg (2448x3264, 390K)

Check out Camarena Reposado if you haven't already. It's around the same price give a dollar or two in my store and its 100% Agave instead of a mixto like Jose. Not that Jose's bad by any means and I really miss their Black Medallion, but if you're after a complex agave taste for a similar price (especially with straight with just some pepper) then you're doing yourself a disservice my brother.

They bring us out to tastings every now and then, usually at like fucking 9 or 10am and Camarena blew Patron out of the water at like half the price point.

Don Julio offerings are the best I've had imo, but then you're paying Patron prices again.

Jack Daniels? What a simpleton

Germanon drinks coffee with cockies right now and between some homemade goods

Attached: khjl.jpg (5312x2988, 1.4M)

Season 3 ties in a little with season 1 and is wayyyyyy better then 2. Little more boring then 1 though.

When I get home at night, and don't have to go anywhere, I usually tip a six of Rolling Rock or Pabst. I'll buy decent beer or wine for guests, and I have a well stocked liquor cabinet, but I'm ok with swilling cheap beer on my own.

Attached: rollingrock.jpg (412x397, 64K)

homemade pear wine, pulled it out after giving it about 10 months to age

Coffee, black.

Deshutes fresh squeeze IPA. Not pulling anything at a bar though lol.

Attached: 20190309_203613-2016x1134.jpg (2016x1134, 431K)

No spoilers and a lot of people feel the same way you did, I know I did.

By the end of it though it's a really REALLY good story, if not a bit experimental compared with the rest of the series. It's definitely more 'standalone' than the others and the overall story gets back on track in season 3 if you were looking for more of a continuation of season 1. Season 4 and 5 also have this problem but it's to a lesser degree. It's just kind of jarring to have most of the story be about whites on the docks but once you see the whole series it makes more sense that it's showing the viewer every faccet of the drug industry and how it infiltrates the city's or society's infrastructure.

If you really hate it then you can read a synopsis and skip to season 3 but that would spoil a bit of stuff and you miss out on some crucial, if short, character development from season 1 characters going into season 2.

I will say that many characters from each season are basically just attached to their own season, and while they may show up here and there in others it may not neccesarily be in any important role.

After season 2 I think they figured out what makes the show work and I'd argue season 3 and 4 are the best of the series. Season 5 is shortened due to HBO's orders and some people list this as the weakest but they forget that many of the payoffs from season 4 actually happen in season 5.

Thanks for the recommendation user, I'll look into it.

Officially disgusted. Guess I might watch S1 again in the future and leave it at that.

It's about what you like and how you like it. Fag

I'll keep this in mind as well. Its a large work. Thanks user.

Liquor/Kinobro here

4>>3=1>5

It's worth it man.

Diet Mt Dew

>Season 3
YIKES. What a snooze fest and boring ending

To each his own user. I'm a season 2 apologist and I'd still rank season 3 inbetween 1 and 2. I really liked the small scale of season 3 and how personal it felt. It's not quite as tragic as 2 but still close to it and leaves us with a bit more to talk about.

At the end of the day let's be real, it's better than 99% of everything else on tv right now and it's more cool liquor drinkin' detective shit if we didn't have enough already, and I certainly don't.

Meant to reply to this earlier.

>Bourbon: Benchmark (straight, rocks, ginger ale, coke)
>Rum: Lady Bligh (rocks, coke)
>Vodka: Rain (straight, tonic, club soda)
>Gin: New Amsterdam (tonic, sprite)
>Tequila: Margartiville (margarita mix or pineapple juice)
>Canadian: Canadian Mist (rocks, ginger ale, coke)
>Irish: Bushmills/Two Gingers/Paddy's (shot, ginger ale, rocks)
>Scotch: Dewars (straight, rocks, ginger ale)

Most if not all of these can be found for around 20 bucks or less for a half gallon (1.75L). They're all better than everything else at their same price point. Those bottles are approx 39 shots of you do 1.5 ounces per shot. That only goes up if you don't pour a bartender's 'shot' into a mixed drink. I prefer whiskey neat these days and with ice on the occasional. These are a LOT cheaper than buying a 24 case of beer, and even a 36 cube from costco, and have more flavor plus lower calories than beer you would find from costco at least. I love good beer but a Jow Forums user on a budget who wants to develop their palette or just drink in general once in a while could stand to pick one or two of these up for around $45 bucks to last a month or so.

Shitty shit

Attached: 20190310_002744.jpg (4032x3024, 3.05M)

>Compromising your tactical abilities, situational awareness and sound judgement for a beverage that gives you the warm fuzzies.
Yeah, no thanks. For me, it's a glass pure tap water.

Attached: Facts-on-fluids-v-2-resized.jpg (830x681, 94K)

Have fun when you're gay like the friggin frogs with your chemical infused water

BASED

Attached: 1552101308853.jpg (2244x2859, 563K)

Replace Dewars with Clan Macgrgor and I'd say you were based

Based
VERY based

If there's one thing this drunk liquor storeanon can leave you with it's that nobody honestly gives a fuck what you drink. You can """"impress"""" friends and family every now and then but they'll gladly drink beer and wine 99% of the time like any other functioning adult. Keep a bottle of normal stuff around for that occasion but don't ever break the bank for it. There's a whole world of bottom, cheap-but-good, mid-shelf, and medium-high shelf stuff you can experiment with if you're feeling frisky. Everyone is always looking for cheaper liquor that's still good.

Honestly unless you're looking for a very specific bottle to add to a collection, or to impress a buddy coming over, or if you're really truly interested then I'd still stop around $20-45 for a decent 750 of bourbon and $40-70 for scotch.

Imagine paying to taste something somewhat delicious and own something for a while that will

vs owning fucking gun!

firestone walker 805

Jack with lemonade and ice

>Gin: New Amsterdam
For fuck's sake, why does anyone recommend this shit? New Amsterdam tastes like somebody melted down green Otter Pops and poured them into a bottle, the artificial lime overpowers everything else. If you're dirt poor and want to drink gin, get Gordon's.

It's the gin for non-gin drinkers. To be fair, I think it's a good gin for fruity cockytails, otherwise I'd save up for Beefeater.

Water

I shoot better drunk

All gin tastes like absolute fucking aids. I used to solely drink gin, expensive shit and 4 dollars for a fifth gin. It's not supposed to taste good. Also causes alzheimers according to the kikes

Thanks pal, I wanted to treat myself and get a bottle of something nice tonight but I work nights and by the time I woke up the happiness store was closed, so I settled for the Truth

Day drinking bump.

Season 1 was possibly the greatest show ever made. Season 2 was hot garbage and terrible. Season 3 was good, very reminiscent of 1, but really had no denouement at the end. I hope season 4 dives more into high level child trafficking.

Whisky makes me frisky and gin makes me sin

Season 2 wasn’t true Detective it was absolute shit. ASSPEN.

All alcohol turns me into a sex-crazed lunatic. I really need to start jerking off several times before I drink. It's gotten me in some trouble(not rape)

Last time I was at a party I got to chatting about whiskey with some guy
He knew loads about it, I knew nothing, but he said some stuff like what you've said. Made it sound really interesting.
Me I hadn't drunk whiskey since the great chunder of '16, sticking to vodka.
He hands me a glass and tells me to take a mouthful, swallow half of it and swill the other half around my mouth
Me being the neanderthal I am I down the glass and swill what I can. Taste nothing.
The look of disappointment on his face user, I felt that I had done him a grievous harm after listening to him talk about the depth of taste and shit of different whiskies for a half hour.

This is so comfy I am jelous

Alcohol lowers inhibitions. You must be a sex-crazed lunatic all of the time, but it only shows when your inhibitions are down. Do some nofap, kid. Control yourself.

Quick post your guns you teenaged faggot

based post, missed it last night somehow (musta been drinking)

Feel the same way about Ancient Age. I actually don't like Blanton's, maybe I need to add water. Favorite cheap KSBW is Evan Williams. Black label is good, bottled in bond is too strong for me, and green label will do. Otherwise I like the ass kickin' chicken or if it's got to be scotch J&B is just right. Favorite poorfag tequila is Alteno Messicano.

t. josecuervobro/poorfag/cowboylarpanon

Attached: 1911SB.jpg (2000x1125, 518K)

I just turned 21 not long ago and I bought a bottle of Jack to drink. I'm fine drinking it neat or in Coke, but last night I put some ice in it and I actually made me gag when it melted. Is cold, watered down whiskey just naturally disgusting or what?

Jack is overpriced and overhyped. Its best feature is the advertising. It'll do, but it's not a subtle or delicate whisky. More for shooting and mixing than sipping, it doesn't have anywhere near as much character as a rye or proper Kentucky bourbon.

If you want to try some good whiskeys, listen to this user. If you want to give whiskey another chance, pick up a bottle of Bulleit or Dickel's or Evan Williams and sip on the rocks.

This. Or learn to control it.

Oh no, I know all of that. I mostly just bought Jack because I live in the deep South and it's kind of a tradition.
I also don't mind the taste of it, it just seemed to become disgusting when it was cold.
I appreciate the list of suggestions to try though. I am planning to pick up something better to try now.

Mostly right. It really only started when I got out of the army, I think I need another hobby

Got shitfaced the last 3 days in a row. Not feeling it today, so just coffee and sparkling water. But when I drink I usually just get a few tallboys that are $1 each from my local gas station. Not a fan of liquor. Too easy for me to drink too much and end up sick

Attached: 23462.jpg (143x400, 24K)

>drinking tonight?
Gonna try that 190 vodka, noticed it last week in liquer store. Will play RR with old trusty Nagant revolver after that. Departing in style, sort of.