Religiously Jow Forums

Which religion is the most fitting for a Jow Forumsadet?
As far as I can tell Sikhism seems pretty Jow Forums, their religious symbol (pic related) is literally a collection of weapons and all sikhs must carry a dagger with them at all times en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirpan .

Attached: Khanda.svg.png (568x701, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IviOGt68ipk
youtube.com/watch?v=Hx9gLvLYF5s&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

but do those daggers turn away vampires and demons and bankertypes, user?

Attached: christ.jpg (564x616, 119K)

Fucking newfags.
Pic related is the only true religion of Jow Forums.

Attached: AN66SAzPNJbgZbqwfnwF1CNkHY7yKjMoKEVAHoYQ6g=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no.jpg (900x900, 165K)

>autistic neckbeard larp over real world religions with real influence

This whole Sikh Jow Forums thing is blown out of proportion. They're just as retarded as any other religious denomination, and no better at fighting.

Take your poo religion and fuck off.
Anyone who isn't agnostic is an idiot.

>Anyone who isn't agnostic is an idiot.
This thread isn't about believing in any particular religion, it's about figuring out which one falls in line with Jow Forums the most.
stop being a killjoy, Mr. Buzzkill.

Let's see your refutations of the ontological argument, teleological argument, and cosmological argument.

based theology user. OP needs to read Feser.

This but unironically

Islam.

Come at me.

Even Hitler thought Islam would be better for Germans because it’s more “warlike”

>Come at me.
Islam is the communism of the soul. "Surrender and just obey." Nah bro fuck off with that shit.

They're all fake and most of them are retarded.

>Surrender and just obey.
LITERALLY every religion you tool.

Why do you think ALL Sikhs wear the same fucking turban?

Grow a fucking brain

>LITERALLY every religion you tool.
No. You are wrong.

t. theology major

Cultus Deorum. Pour your libations to Mars and revel in your victories

The only religion about “individualism” is Satanism and that’s an edgy meme “religion”

Depends on what Jow Forums you're talking about.

Sunni Islam (the hardcore Wahhabi types especially) for the batshit insane kill for the sake of killing Jow Forums.

Sikhism for the "I really like weapons" version of Jow Forums.

Any non-pacifist Christian sect for muh sheepdog Jow Forums. Violence in just warfare or self defense is acceptable, and despite the theologically illiterate memes, it highly values the concept of power under control, which is the meaning of the word most Bibles translate as "meek." Different denominations are different degrees of Jow Forums, but culturally Southern Baptists are REALLY Jow Forums. I know this because I attend a Southern Baptist church and we had a gun raffle as part of a fundraiser recently. Roman Catholics are pretty Jow Forums as well despite the Crusades being over, and Eastern Orthodox will bless weapons sometimes.

Begome Christian :DDDDDD

Most Sikhs don't actually carry daggers anymore. They certainly don't in bongland. It's like the Shiah who are supposed to keep a sword in their house.
Instead they keep a plastic toy.

Southern Baptists are based. One of the few left

Odinism
Blood, honor and home
Glory to the strong, vanquish the weak, the best death is the death in combat

this

if your gonna prance around seeking approval of an imaginary higher being, you might as well follow one that literally sprung up in Jow Forums.

Gatholig reportin in

Attached: 1540349604481.jpg (750x745, 142K)

where you at user? looks like a (((settlement)))

Norse Pagen

You can only go to Valhalla if you die an honorable death
You drink from drinking horns
You sacrifice shit by burning it
You use a horn to wake the gods
Icon is literally a war hammer
Hail

/thread

Attached: OURLORDANDSAVIOR.jpg (350x323, 50K)

It physically pains me to watch once-based groups destroy themselves. There are still a few holdouts, like the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod and some of the really hardcore Reformed types, but the Episcopalians and Anglicans have just given up entirely, the Methodists are only being kept sane thanks to their African and East European members, and most mainline Protestant denominations are at varying stages of spiritual suicide.

The kicker is, I'm more theologically Lutheran than anything else, yet my Southern Baptist church is the best option I have locally for solid theology. The Lutheran churches near me are ALL ELCA, which is rapidly going the way of the Anglicans.

I'm going to guess he's in Lebanon. Maronite Catholic or Catholic Catholic?

You're a retard. Every (western) religion is an elevated Semitic death cult, and that's a good thing.

that isn't user's pic, newfriends

Attached: 4531321b90d82a64a842e61ffeb9862f.jpg (597x628, 42K)

>Semitic death cult

>Semitic
Technically originates there, yeah, but immediately spread all over the Mediterranean world and up into Europe. The Jews sperged out hard over it when it turned out the Messiah was all about saving everyone instead of subjugating them to the Jews.

>Death cult
A remarkable claim, given that God is explicitly described as the God of the living, and the huge themes of Christianity are resurrection, eternal life, and the defeat of death. Death itself is understood to be defeated and to hold no terror, not something to be sought or revered.

>Cult
Technically true, but this applies to literally any group with an agreed-upon set of beliefs.

Begome Gadolig, or Ordodox, or Luderan, or Soudern Baptist, or Presbyderian. :DDDD

Remember, Christ's Kingdom is already here. Kneel, or be made to kneel. One way or the other, you will acknowledge Him as God and King. You can kneel before Him as a joyous vassal kneels before his victorious King, or you can kneel alongside the pagans' gods as a defeated traitor, and die eternally along with them.

May His grace fall upon you and guide you to His service and the true eternal life. I hope to greet you as a brother at the end of this world and the beginning of the New Earth.

Attached: New Jerusalem.jpg (1079x806, 137K)

Christian. Orthodox to be specific.
Everything else is massive cuck tier.

Attached: 1526385489311.jpg (800x561, 123K)

I'm actually intensely interested in talking about this topic, and I really only get to bounce opinions off of like a half dozen people, so rest assured that while I may shitpost a little, I do enjoy having a discussion.

>the huge themes of Christianity are resurrection, eternal life, and the defeat of death.
All of course after every life on earth is sacrificed to bring about the new age. Reincarnation demands death, and building a new earth EXPLICITLY demands that the old earth be folded up and recycled. I find it interesting that the remission of sin is only possible through the shedding of blood, and apparently always has been.

>Remember, Christ's Kingdom is already here. Kneel, or be made to kneel
Yeah, I'll take the eschaton on my own paradigm. There's nothing wrong with death cults, and in fact I can respect your end goals, but at least be self aware of the vehicle by which you're getting to heaven. It's the unwillingness to come out and say that you're a death cult that gets me - you (generalized) insist that god doesn't particularly want death.

There is nothing wrong with the semitic death cult, but your post highlights my reasons why I'm not a fan of them. They lack all self awareness.

>current year + 4
>not being in a death cult

are the only wokesters ITT

Attached: Kaleido2.jpg (720x720, 83K)

this, Jesus said if you live by the sword you'll die by the sword but he never explicitly said not to do so

bump

Religion as a fashion accessory. What will complement the image I'm trying to cultivate? Which faith will be the best scaffolding for my ever so fragile sense of self, and which will call upon me to do the shit I wanted to do anyway so I can just indulge at will and then claim divine mandate? Actually belief in that this is how the world is on the other hand, oh dear, that's just so uncool.
But in the end you'll simply look like yet another clueless teenager.

Except that's exactly what he did.
>Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear. “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."

This militia sucks.

...militia?

But there fucking isn't.

>not being pentecostal
Most people think we're crazy, and they might have a point but I dare you to find a more Jow Forums Christian denomination.

Go blabber to yourself in nonsense more, faglord pr*testant heretic

>theology major

how does it feel to study and waste money on something you cannot prove that doesnt exist? Do ourselves a favor...
>x out your browser
>turn your PC or phone off
>dump it in a lake
>grab your gun (assuming you'
actually have one )
>point at your head
>squeeze the trigger
>officially done your part for humanity.

We live by the cross, but may use the sword.

>We live by the cross
and Christians have the nerve to say they're not a death cult

We are not, its just asshats like you typically want to kill us for doing what we believe.

Case in point lmao
look at your poor persecuted ass.

>not belonging to the Phineas Priesthood
Hahahahaa faggots

Pentecostalism doesn't have any gun politics written into its theology, but Pentecostals are some of the most politically right-wing Christians out there. They're also fucking crazy, and the most likely denomination to turn into a future Christian version of ISIS.

Attached: Healing__laying_on_of_hands__ceremony_in_the_Pentecostal_Church_of_God._Lejunior,_Harlan_County,_Ken (3000x2309, 1.29M)

>ontological argument
Existence is not a predicate, a sufficiently cool unicorn is still all in your head.
>teleological argument
Tell me when you find a watch out in the wild, then I'll bother taking this one seriously.
>cosmological argument
Th we universe needs god to exist, then where did god come from? Let's be frank, the fact that anything exists doesn't make any sense regardless of your views.

Now, solve the problem of evil faggot.

Attached: 1552186663859.jpg (750x1000, 75K)

This. And if not this, whatever religion is native to your people. (Hint: for whites, not some middle eastern desert cult)

Thanks for proving my point neckbeard.

Attached: reLIEgion.jpg (1032x774, 208K)

>Aramaic
>nonsense
Nice try

pic related

Attached: Patriarch-Kirill-Orthodox-Pascha.jpg (616x358, 174K)

Attached: blessed9.jpg (660x495, 90K)

please explain how being "native to my people" makes a religion true.

Attached: blessed4.jpg (660x495, 113K)

>what is free will
Next

It doesn't. It's just the right thing to do. Root for the home team or GTFO.

Most Jow Forums "Christians" don't genuinely believe in God, they think that Christianity is just a nice cultural institution and the Bible is one big metaphor for other things. You would never see them speaking in tongues, or prophesying, or laying hands on people and praying over them to heal them.

Attached: Services_at_the_Pentecostal_Church_of_God._Lejunior,_Harlan_County,_Kentucky._-_NARA_-_541336.jpg (3000x2315, 1.53M)

Rooting for the "home team" would be to do what is best for the people. Without truth that is impossible.

Oh no i totally get that. Most people in the west are levayans larping as christians.

>pentecostal

Brother, are you gonna be rolling with the Holy Spirit today??

Attached: C4ED740F-F42C-4442-997E-6A10BB04D292.jpg (750x1334, 194K)

Yup.
>youtube.com/watch?v=IviOGt68ipk

Attached: Eli_Sanders,_pastor_at_the_Pentecostal_Church_of_God,_he_is_a_tipple_worker_and_track_loader_at_P_V_ (1024x1312, 182K)

I mean, if you wanna pretend your yearly schism makes you cool... ok. Truth of the matter is you’re no better than the prots. Even they schism over THEOLOGICAL differences.

I know what Aramaic sounds like, and it's not that. Don't try and pull some "enochian" bullshit either.

I bet your priest schismed your buttcheeks and then jism'd all over them.

>what is free will
Impossible in a world with an all knowing creator.
Try again.

Attached: 1551235758119m.jpg (1024x576, 62K)

Bullshit. Knowledge =/= making the choice.

Become based eastern orthodox. We dont hate jews. Were not supposed to hate anyone. But we know the synagogue is a den of thieves and Israel is an abomination to the world.

He had a prophecy to fulfil user. When the Roman soldiers who fought for the pagan empire asked them what they must do to enter the kingdom of heaven he didnt tell them to stop being soldiers. He told them not to use their power as soldiers to extort people.

When your actions are already known, they're already layed out.
There is no choice.

>“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."
And dying by the sword is...bad?

Attached: 1547941594539.png (1600x1200, 987K)

Ancestor worship

>He had a prophecy to fulfil user.
This whole anti-violence thing isn't something he came up with just there and then. Soldiers? One step at a time I guess.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles."

According to Jesus and just about anyone remotely sane? Or according to a silly caricature that the Jow Forumsids like to pretend to be because they've got fuck else in the way of a personality?

Well, nothing makes a religion true, so if someone wants to LARP a religion they might as well pick this reason. Or was this daft post meant to be a seamless prologue into proving your religion of choice is the truth?

But ultimately you do choose, the whole point is that something all knowing would know all outcomes to all choices.

I'm not going to say not to take that to heart, but take it with context. That was written in the context of the letters sent to persecuted Christians living under Roman rule at the time. It was meant to not give the Romans a reason to persecute/massacre the Christians, and also for them to protect themselves and remain a strong community at the time. You could call it "killing them with kindness", I suppose.

>theology major
Is this the new "business ethics" meta?

>then where did god come from?

Not a valid question. Nobody ever claimed "everything has a cause", the universe, however, does and must.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hx9gLvLYF5s&

did yours?

Attached: meanwhile in rome.jpg (630x458, 67K)

Watching western religions fall keeps me going.

This.the Vikings seem to be the best choice to me.

>equating Christ with the liberal politician Francis

You have the illusion of choice, but if you were always going to make that post then how could you conceivably argue that you had any choice in the matter?

Attached: 1538697734124.jpg (748x419, 107K)

So either the universe sprang from nothing, or more accurately from energies that always existed in a different state, or god sprang from nothing, or more accurately always existed.
Neither makes more sense than the other.

Christianity is an Eastern religion. Created in the same part of the world as Islam.
If you're going to lay down b8 at least try.

This is assuming God has to abide by the rules of the universe, or by the rules of logic itself.

Attached: 1540592751766.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Unlike Islam or Judaism, Christianity is very highly influenced by Hellenistic and Roman philosophical schools since shortly after its conception due to the proximity of the Levant (Christianity’s himeland) to the Mediterranean world and Roman political influence at the time of Christianity’s conception. Try again

It's not really.
He has to have either started existing, from out of fucking nowhere, or always existed.
That's a fact that we can both agree on.
What we don't agree on is that that makes no more sense than the universe starting from out of fucking nowhere, or always existing.
Neither atheism or religion can make sense of how things came to be, the cosmological argument is pointless.
Religion is fine, but it relies on faith.
You can never make a solid logical argument for faith because it relies on the illogical by its very nature.
But, so does atheism.

Attached: DJ5C02EW4AA_IQD.jpg (604x599, 60K)

>This is assuming God has to abide by the rules of the universe
I don't see that assumption being made.

Jesus christ you're a fucking retard. I know this is bait, but come on. Western religions are Abrahamic and animistic, Eastern religions are dharmic and shit like Shinto.

So you didn't stop anything then.

Eastern Orthodox or Catholicism
You do want to be able to hunt skinwalkers, right?

Attached: IMG_20190216_181503.jpg (2048x1152, 103K)

>Existence is not a predicate
The existence of what? The universe that we currently inhabit? That would be you choosing solipsism over theism which is essentially the same as admitting you're wrong. The existence of God? The ontological argument doesn't presume God's existence. It's quite a difficult argument to wrap your head around, your presumption is one of the common ways to misunderstand it, but once you do properly understand the argument its conclusion can't be denied. The only premise of the ontological argument that can be argued against is the first one "It is possible that God/greatest conceivable being can exist". Beyond this first premise, every other premise follows via modal logic (oh yeah, look specifically into the modal version of this argument).
>Tell me when you find a watch out in the wild, then I'll bother taking this one seriously.
The figurative "watch in the wild" would be the physical constants of the universe that were determined during the Big Bang. The chances of these constants just so happened to randomly assign themselves to the nearly inconceivably precise parameters that allow for the existence of life are the next closest possible thing to zero. The figure I've heard tossed out is that these chances are 1 in 10 to the 40,000th power. I've heard that the chances of choosing 1 in 10 to the 40,000th power would be like winning the lottery every single day in a row for a thousand years, or something about a crazy as that.
>Th we universe needs god to exist, then where did god come from?
Resorting to the weakest, most refuted argument atheism has ever presented? Wow. Okay. This comment is getting long so I'll continue it in another one.

>...then were did god come from?
If something beings to exist that means it at one point did not exist but now it does. How it was brought from a state of not existing into a state where it does exist cannot be due to itself (as nothing can create itself) or nothingness (as nothingness lacks any properties or abilities in which to do anything), so something besides itself must be reopnsible. This is just restaing the fist premise of the cosmolgocal argument (Everything that begins has a cause) in more detail.

The seond premise is "The universe began." The universe (or nature, or whatever term you'd like to use for all of physical reality) at one point did not exist but now it does. This is essentially "Big Bang, the premise"

The final premise is "Therefore the universe has a case." Physical reality cannot have created itself nor could nothingness have created it, therefore something must exist besides itself to have brought it into existence.

The issue with asking "Well what created God?" is that it implies God, at one point, began to exist. Things that begin to exist are contingent and therefore require something besides themselves to explain their existence, but something that is eternal (without beginning or end) has always existend and therefore cannot have an explanation of how it was brought into existence. "What created God?" is asking "What brought into existence that which has always existed?" which is a self-contradiction question.

Up next, how the "problem of evil argument" refuted itself and proves that God must exist.

I don’t get it

Attached: 591098F1-01C7-4929-B07B-1F1E126CA0F7.png (1242x2208, 490K)

It's Latin, dingleberry

Nigger that’s what I translated from

And Google translate is hot garbage for inflected languages. Look up each individual word and see if you can figure it out. My only hint is that the first word is waaay off. The others are close.

>Even hitler
Proofs?