All the ranges where I live won't let you shoot a rental if you come in alone. Apparently people come in, rent a gun...

All the ranges where I live won't let you shoot a rental if you come in alone. Apparently people come in, rent a gun, and blow their brains out on the range, so they make you bring a buddy before they'll let you have one because apparently you won't blow your brains out in front of a friend.

Is buying my own gun my only option? They're expensive and the laws around here make owning one a hassle.

Attached: Kimber-1911-1.jpg (661x496, 112K)

Jump out in front of a moving train while pushing a baby stroller. You get what you want while the conductor is permanently scarred and will likely turn to a life of drinking and substance abuse to assuage his unending guilt.

Micro 9 a cute! CUTE!

so is it or is it not your intent to blow out said brains

your post doesn't make clear your intentions. i'm sure we can help either way.

No no I'm not suicidal I just want to shoot some rental guns lmao.

Isn't it though? Fucking god-tier.

>All the ranges where I live won't let you shoot a rental if you come in alone. Apparently people come in, rent a gun, and blow their brains out on the range, so they make you bring a buddy before they'll let you have one because apparently you won't blow your brains out in front of a friend.

Where do you live? I think that's about the strangest rule I ver heard of. When I moved to NorCal for a job, I didn't know anyone or know where to shoot innawoods, so I'd go to indoor ranges a couple times a month and shoot paper until I met a few Jow Forums types and got the local lowdown. Although I had my own guns, there were lots of folks coming in the ranges by themselves renting guns.

>Is buying my own gun my only option? They're expensive and the laws around here make owning one a hassle.
Where the fuck is that? You can buy a decent firearm for $300-400 anywhere in the US.

NorCal, actually. My gun class instructor said this was a rule pretty much everywhere but maybe I should call ranges and check myself if it's not actually a common one.

I just wanna try a few guns out before deciding what I'm gonna drop hundreds of bucks on.

It's a pretty common rule, but some ranges will also let you shoot alone if you bring your own gun (Presumably because anyone suicidal would just... use their own gun) or if you're a regular and they personally recognize you.

> commiefornia
move.

It's a rule in a lot of places.

t. Oregon

Bullshit. 80% of range time is a single person. Any range banning singles would go out of business.

It's only for rentals. If you bring your own gun, you're fine.

You should bring a buddy with you and rent a gun. Once you get a lane at the range set yourself on fire like that monk

do you want to be a noguns forever? just get one. it'll save you money in the long run and allow you to defend your home, the fuck is your problem.

It's a real policy in my area.
This happened after a guy took out a $1M life insurance policy, "accidentally" shot himself at a range the next day and after the insurance company lost the lawsuit, they sued the range for being careless. IDK if they won, but every range that rents around the SF Bay Area requires that you bring a second person or have your own gun. I've seen this policy at ranges in other places too.
>Is buying my own gun my only option?
Got a friend? Family member? Anyone who would be interested in going shooting with you?
>They're expensive and the laws around here make owning one a hassle.
Where is "here"?
Also it doesn't have to be a fancy gun, could be a basic bitch .22 rifle that costs $70.
It's only for renting the gun. Check with your local range, they might have the same policy.
Ah, you're in my neck of the woods.
I can sell you a single-shot 20ga for $150 with a bunch of ammo if you'd like. That's $210 out the door ($25 FSC test, $35 PPT and you pick it up 10 days later). The buying process insn't that complicated.

I also have a Beretta PX4 for sale, but that kinda depends if it's a gun that fits you.

millennials ruin everything

Bullshit. Ive literally never heard of this amywhere.

.t SW Oregon

Your gun instructor, like most gun instructors, is talking out of his ass.

This is a reasonable work-around.

The range near me won't even let you bring a buddy any more. They had a young junkie couple who did dual suicide pact there not too long ago. You gotta have a CCW permit to rent now.

Bring your own gun to show them you could've shot yourself in your own house

Guy who runs one of the biggest Gun Ranges in the country here:

This is very common, particularly with Indoor Ranges.

Something that holds true, and that is often said, is that someone at some point will absolutely come in and blow their brains out in a range. There are so many precautions that are taken to help try and prevent it. We had to design the range to basically have suicide curtains so in the circumstance that it happens we can block public view.

Range Safety Officers are trained to spot it. They are trained to not stand behind people(often suicides in indoor ranges will be people putting the pistol against their chest and pointing backwards behind the firing line, and there have been cases of it striking an RSO.

We have a whole procedure how to lock down and contain a suicide situation, where to take the people, and we have to drill it often.

In the past we've denied people. One in particular was a guy who seemed super off, completely uninterested in purchasing a gun for any other reason than buying a gun, and mentioned something about only needing one bullet.

Shit sucks, but it's the reality. Don't want to have to deal with cleaning someones brains off our floor, the potential lawsuit from the family, as well as scarring our young range employees.

Get to know the employees, talk to them, the manager, and discuss your situation. If they are comfortable with you they might let you rent.

Guns are real stigmatized around here, I get shit just for mentioning I'm going shooting. I don't have any buddies I can bring with me.

Huh. Yeah I looked and couldn't find any ranges that rent without the policy. Interesting it was an insurance thing. I assumed people just didn't wanna see brains all over the range every other day.

Looking to shoot handguns. Never even handled a rifle, definitely a new gunfag. Should look for a class for it somewhere. Don't think I've ever shot a Beretta.

Already got my FSC.

Question since you're from around here. What's the privacy situation with gun sales/registration? I don't wanna be in some govt database of gun owners and I definitely don't want my home address plastered anywhere. I'm a huge privacyfag so this is a main concern for me.

>only needing one bullet
>"Hello gun salesman I am going to kill myself with this weapon."
That's some big brain shit there.

>Get to know the employees, talk to them, the manager, and discuss your situation. If they are comfortable with you they might let you rent
That's an idea. Might try that.

If you're going to try and convince the employees to break policy for you, you should probably start by renting a long gun first, even if you're not that interested in them. It takes longer and is much more obvious a set-up when you're trying to kill yourself with one (And therefore more likely for an RO to notice and stop it), so they might be more comfortable letting you rent one.

Good thinking, thanks for the tip.

Stop being a poorfag