Any 5-0 here?

Any 5-0 here?

Got any advice for a soon to be Jow Forumsop? (state trooper)

My previous job experience has been being a paramedic, never saw anything TOO rough though

Attached: 14932073975_782d1a4a8c_b.jpg (763x1024, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbp.gov/careers/car/bpa-qual-aid
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck state troopers, you niggers are the worst.

>state troopers

How’s it feel to be the quiet kid everyone thinks will crack soon?

Don't be rollin my stop signs brother!

-HH

I am 21 years old lmao

I don't understand

Kys

>Got any advice for a soon to be Jow Forumsop? (state trooper)
Good luck. State Trooper gig in my state sucks ass from all the Troopers i've spoken to when I was considering applying(they're always looking for people). Too little backup or it's far away, stuck writing people tickets all day or writing wreck reports or sitting at construction zones. No thanks, hopefully your state isn't a similar situation.

>state trooper
>cop
pick one and only one. writing tickets and running speed traps isn't real police work.

State troopers are the worst of the jack booted thugs, you should read the federalist papers or kys

>Complaining about government "thugs" on a Jow Forums board where 1/3rd of everyone is active military, you know Washington didn't approve of a standing Army right? Gonna give them shit?

I'm an individual, I'm responsible for my own actions and morals

I mean we are fucking thugs, let’s be real. We’re just less evil than the street thugs.

I'll accept that title the day I start confiscating guns and harassing people out of evil intent

I wanted to be a trooper to fight violent criminals

So innocent. So idealistic. Don’t get me wrong, you will create lifelong memories about at least one person who’s life you changed for the better. But overall it’s totally fucked and you’ll become a bitter cynic praying for retirement.

Plainclothes cop innacity

What questions you got?

Can't really speak to what Troopers do.

Does your agency allow you to use personal gear? ie; rifle, sling, optic, med gear, etc

what city?
do u fuck with people?
do you guys scan peoples txt messages?

how do u investigate niqqas

Once upon a time state troopers patrolled rural areas where local law enforcement couldn't, provided oversight of small agencies, and coordinated multi agency investigations.

Today since the internet is a thing and every agency has MOUs, state troopers are now 100% revenue collection. Fuck troopers, they unironically attract the most authoritarian and bootlicking fucks of any LE.
>t.rural sheriffs deputy who constantly has to chase off troopers harassing people literally to make the state money

We don't carry rifles, only certain units do, so as far as slings and optics go, nah.

Anything firearm related has to be issued/authorized. They're pretty strict on that, because virtually any shooting we have is going to be on the news due to the City, and will then be under a microscope.

As far as other equipment goes, I mean, yeah.
There's not a whole lot of variety though. On Patrol, most guys have pretty standard stuff. The Highway unit (Closest to troopers, I guess?) Gets pretty buffy, they also have shotguns in the trunk though.

Won't say what city, but you can probably guess. Big fuckin' city.

Do I fuck with people? Define "fuck with people"?

Texts require warrants, as do anything phone related.

Investigations all vary, there's no cookie cutter, at least not for what we do. Other guys probably have something cookie cutter.

One of the most common things you will is referee spousal punching matches. Work on your interpersonal skills

>paramedic
>never saw anything too rough
I think you meant to say BLS for like AMR or some shit. From working inner Richmond with RAA to working out in the sticks I saw a lot of nasty shit.

I would work for a Sheriff's Office, I do and it's great. Big budget lots of specialized units. Ask me anything I've been a Deputy for 1 year now.

Worst I ever saw was a patient who had been struck by a truck while he was on a motorcycle...

Brain bleeds, fractures on both legs, head required tons of stitches..and had mild burns from the asphalt, wore no helmet or protective gear..

I've just recently graduated the academy and have put in applications with a local SO and with the state police, I've been talking to a lot of current police and I'm assuming for someone like me who is looking for more "action" , it would be better to work for a SO?

Not to be malicious or insensitive but I'm going into this line of work to fight and save lives, not to run traffic all day

My plan is to use my experience as a medic, and in police work, to be a border patrol agent, then a firearms instructor

Why not..Just apply to CBP?
They have virtually no requirements under Trump, and are in the middle of a massive expansion. It's literally the best time to get on.

currently don't live close enough, unfortunately, also last I read, it is required that candidates have 1 year of police experience

Live close enough to..What?

When you apply to CBP, you're basically agreeing to be either Border Patrol or Customs. You could end up at an airport, at the border, or doing BP (There's a way to directly join BP, I'm just not terribly familiar with it).

You're young, and just graduated college. Why not take advantage now to skip unnecessary steps in your plan?

Read that where?

cbp.gov/careers/car/bpa-qual-aid

>$40,000
Not that user but goddam that's pretty low. City I applied to, albeit a war zone pays almost double after a year otj.

Oh wow, I'm rather ignorant on the entire application process, I live..rather far north, ideally I'd want to work at the border doing patrols and catching those guys

Thanks user I'll look into that, huh

I'm sure there's plenty of OT to make up for it.
I make about that as my base salary and I'm jumping out on gangbangers and drug dealers for a living.

Federal jobs are very transparent for hiring, with little to no fuckery.
Take test
Wait
Do process
Get hired

Again, CBP is in the middle of a massive hiring boost. It's a great time to get in. ICE as well.

Fuck ticket troopers. I'm city pd and it sucks to but it's still infinitely better than troopers. Sheriff's office is the best gig to get. Freedom, not as busy, can still get into shit and be a real cop.

Attached: 20181123_121530.jpg (600x600, 113K)

>I make about that as my base salary and I'm jumping out on gangbangers and drug dealers for a living.
Based. Wonder if they have extra pay for languages. I have two degrees but no LEO experience.

Probably.
Federal pay scale is also transparent. There's a lot of ways to skip steps, and make more. With 2 degrees, and language background, I'd definitely look at ICE over BP for you.

More investigative, and better quality of life.

Plus, while my City doesn't let us work with ICE, I've met a few - Really good guys.

I lived in a foreign country as a kid for several years, you think that will fuck me over when it comes time for the background? that was a concern I had when I applied to a big city department.
>I'd definitely look at ICE over BP for you.
Does ICE hire as aggressively as BP? guy I spoke with said it's almost as difficult to get on with them as it is with the Marshals

How much dogs have you shot? How much lives have you ruined over a plant? How many handcuffed suspects have you kicked in the head?

ICE is also in the middle of a major hiring bump. It's a longer process, but still straightforward.

No, living in a foreign country doesn't effect your background. You're a US citizen, that's all that matters, ultimately. Unless you spent the ages of like, 17-24 living in Iraq/Syria/Iran, and moved back last year, I don't see there being any flags for it.

>ICE is also in the middle of a major hiring bump.
I may have to look strongly into applying. I'm single and have no issue relocating pretty much anywhere they'd need me to.
>Unless you spent the ages of like, 17-24 living in Iraq/Syria/Iran, and moved back last year, I don't see there being any flags for it.
Nothing as shady as that. Just some younger years in India and then back to the to the States.

What have you done for this country?

What have you done to positively effect the safety of the Americans around you?

Taught them how to deal with pigs. Dont let them turn a traffic stop into a checkpoint, get your speeding ticket or w/e you got pulled over for and get out of there, no search without warrant, right to remain silent and not incriminate yourself, how cops are legally allowed to lie to you, etc. I teach my fellow citizens the mind game you folks play. Much like niggers, pigs smell fear and are opportunistic, if the pigs knows that YOU know, the pig does his job correctly. But dont worry i also remind them how to co operate and keep hands visible n junk.

>DUDE WEED LMAO

>DUDE PERSONAL LIBERTY LMAO

Attached: Teejay.jpg (2512x2996, 3.14M)

You've either never actually been stopped by the police, or are going to very quickly become an easy arrest.

Either way, you're a fucking retard.

Lmao eat shit zoomer. Im from Colorado and i travel alot in a personal vehicle. I know the fucking routine by now

>Someone disrespected my authority online! That man should be arrested!

Both SEETHING and predictable.

>”I AM A POLICEMAN”
Thank you for your contribution to the eternal juden’s ZOG. Or “service”. When the time comes you’ll come for our guns no different than any other pig.

Fuck the police. But I'm not saying that to be edgy I'm a white trash petty criminal. My advice would be trust nothing, take nobody at face value. You think about criminals occasionally between 9-5, criminals think about you all the time and network and constantly share information and techniques without the bureaucracy and rigidity of the official state-sponsored training. If shit works, they stay free and take people under their wing and their methods spread. If it don't work, its cuffs and prison. Its a brutal way to git gud but its effective.

Also, criminals tend to operate places you aren't welcome. Where even innocent people will "Uhhh... IDK officer." You because fuck the police. Expect no love, expect no help, expect to never be able to really know what's going on or trust a damn thing you hear.

But you're a state patrolman, so you'll only be writing tickets for speeders unless you're on one of the state investigation units which are small and hardly ever get to shit. You'd see more action on the front lines as a county boy those fuckers stay busy.