I know Jow Forums loves mecha, what is your favorite?

I know Jow Forums loves mecha, what is your favorite?

Attached: heavyarms.gif (500x375, 1007K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tTHeQu3S98E
youtube.com/watch?v=Rfpxki_7ocE
youtube.com/watch?v=2iZ0WuNvHr8
youtube.com/watch?v=XHoCPtWaCtw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ms 08th team.
>inb4 it's shit
You can fuck right off.

Attached: 1471670836_GoufStab.gif (500x375, 1010K)

I thought we agreed we loved 08th ms team?

We do but /m/ hates it for some reason.

/m/ is a bunch of bitches, have they cycled back to praising Reconguista in G yet?

That's cause it's not filled with fujobait or waifutrash. Also fuck nuUC.

>mazinger Z
nothing beats rocket punches

other than the OG, the RGM-79 is the best
it might not have the power of the dom or gouf, but its a versatile model that can see action anywhere and everywhere
its mass production and reliable design was way more modern than the zaku II in any case, the standard MS of zeon

>heavyarms
My nigga, it's always been my favorite gundam since I was a kid. Thing is a literally walking arsenal. Too bad wing sucked.

Attached: Gundam_Heavyarms_Kai_CustomW0.jpg (819x1070, 822K)

*laughs in tallgeese*

Attached: OZ-00MS_Tallgeese_(front).jpg (448x640, 76K)

>Ms 08th team
shame they didn't include the Feddies raping Kiki like in the novel

That's a nice mobile suit you got there, it would be a shame if it got destroyed.

Attached: basedzaku.jpg (1100x1616, 336K)

Last time there was one of these, someone recommended "Front Mission: Dog Life & Dog Style." Whoever and wherever you are, thank you.

Attached: 9.jpg (800x1159, 172K)

*destroys your entire squad*
Get fucked zeon scum.

Fucking fuck, forgot my pic.

Attached: Full_Armor_Gundam_Thunderbolt_VerKa_-_Front.png (665x855, 627K)

Its got good action scenes, but the plot didn't survive a change in directors.

Attached: 345325.gif (540x298, 2.98M)

>gets destroyed by a cripple
The absolute state of feddies.

Attached: char laughs at feddie scum.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Sonuvabitch, meant to click the shortcut for /m/ and got Jow Forums, then I see heavyarms in a thumbnail so still think I'm on /m/ and I'm just scrolling through the catalogue confused and drunk and not happy at all.
Fuck this thread.
Also, Robotech is best tech.

Attached: 1552193948087.jpg (421x480, 34K)

>not a mechwarrior/battletech thread
ill see myself out

>Robotech
/m/ everybody. Definitely trash.

That's welcome here too.

>robotech
Nice to see someone here with actual taste.

>no mention of the most Jow Forums mecha ever made, patlabor
I'm disappointed in you guys.

Attached: patlabor intro.gif (500x268, 639K)

Gundam 0080 and Operation Stardust are superior to Ms team
Even though Stardust's weird cuck swerve is retarded
Non-gundam there's anime like Flag/Votoms/Zoids/Macross, the Heavy Gear/Battletech cartoons, and Exo-Squad.
Lastly for games there's Armored Core and maybe R.A.D? Hard to say

Attached: 1550896738594m.jpg (1024x768, 142K)

Absolutely based.
youtu.be/tTHeQu3S98E

I wanted to get into platlabor but can't. Are the movies better? Because I'm not a fan of quirky cops with Mechs being quirky.
Which is weird considering I LOVE Dominion tank police

Yes, the movies are amazing.

>/m/ hates it for some reason
What are you talking about? I'm from /m/ and I can confirm that we don't hate it. Out of all the UC spin-offs it's 0083 that /m/ hates because the MC is a cuck. And now NT seems to be the most hated UC entry since some anons went to see it and confirmed how shit it was. Then there's also Unicorn which most people on /m/ don't like either aside from like 3 anons.
As for most hated AU show, it's either Destiny or IBO. /m/ has pretty good taste when it comes to mecha (obviously).

Attached: 08thMS(4).gif (500x333, 904K)

IBO gets too much flack. It was a fun ride, though not as good as speculation. Destiny is trash outside of some designs and the tits

>I know Jow Forums loves mecha, what is your favorite?
The one with hot lesbians

>IBO gets too much flack
Found the fujoshitter. The original concept of a PMC being the main characters sounded cool, but then it got ruined by the constant fujoshit director. They couldn't even keep the direction of the show consistent long enough to solidify any of it as good.
The mobile armor part seemed the best out of all the shit that they tried, but they couldn't even be bothered to continue with that plot in season 2. Instead we got the retarded pedo going on a crusade with the support of the MCs.
Hopefully someday in the future BanRise can hire someone who actually knows how to write good Gundam instead of all these fanfic writers. The last good Gundam was G Gundam.

Attached: 08thMS(2).gif (500x350, 1.97M)

No love for Endless Waltz? I remember being a young goy and shitting my pants so hard about the tv premier. Still got the VHS recording I made of it. No vcr though :/

Also the designs were mostly shit. They had some nice ones like the Vidar in there, but most were just shit.
Whenever they got a good concept design down they would just either take off parts of it or replaces some and use that "new" Frankenstein design for the show instead. Pic related is a great example of this with the Barbatos. It is the original design for the Barbatos. Notice how the only difference is the parts on the back, feet and back of the knees being changed and how some pieces of armor shown in the pic were just taken off in the final design to expose certain parts of the Barbatos.

Attached: Barbatos-compet.jpg (1280x1834, 580K)

It's just as bad as wing was, great designs though.

Attached: MMS-01_Serpent_Front.jpg (410x450, 75K)

The designs were a huge step up except for the Wing Zero.

The based and red pilled comet, Char's Zaku II

Attached: Screenshot_20190310-013825~3.png (1296x1008, 670K)

I know wing gets a lot of shit, but it still holds a special place in my heart for introducing me to mecha. Heero was literally /ourguy/.

Am I a total faggot for still having all the models too? I mean every single one, even that faggot Epyon. I used to get so excited to put them together and I had them all over my room in action poses. They're in the attic laying in their boxes like little coffins now :(

>I know wing gets a lot of shit
>but it still holds a special place in my heart for introducing me to mecha
People like you are the reason why. Too much nostalgia for a mediocre Gundam entry just because they saw it on Toonami years ago.

Attached: Sazandum.png (1265x1721, 1.39M)

>disregarded thots
>operated hard as fuck
>always completed his mission
>wore biker shorts for high speed/low drag
He was definitely Jow Forums as fuck, too bad he was stuck in such a shit show.

Attached: Character_heero_yuy.jpg (516x402, 35K)

No, I have whole bunch on a shelf next to my gun cabinet.

Nah, waltz and wing are good. Watching waltz as a kid blew my mind too.

Attached: 1523413747882.png (640x478, 431K)

people aren't allowed to have fun.
fuck off m8

>how do you do my fellow gundams?

You are gonna make me take them down and put them up in my project room. They guarded my virginity so well.

>good
>Watching waltz as a kid blew my mind too
Nostalgiafags are retarded.

Gunpla is great as a hobby but unfortunately for me I'm also a kommando so end I up spending a lot of money every month on both.

NZ-666 Kshatriya best mech

Attached: Nz-666.jpg (1200x885, 575K)

You're allowed to have fun, just don't go telling a bunch of adults how something you found fun as a child is still fun as an adult.
Kids are retarded and think the most basic brainlet shit is fun. Adults who still act this way are called autists.

Sazabi> Zaku.

Attached: MSN-04_Sazabi_-_Front.png (1265x1721, 2.83M)

Attached: gdi-titan.jpg (1920x1080, 1.58M)

>tfw mgs is basically dead
It fucking hurts bros.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 91K)

nostalgia bad, only new good
ogga booga
really enjoyed this old movie, welp now it's shit
better go on and watch superior new hollywood goy film, that's truew cinema.
how rough was your upbringing or how autistic are you to think that way?
also Banshee norn doesn't get enough love.
We're getting the film soon, hopefully that kicks off some spark and we see more. though i'd rather see it dead than whored out.
MGS got me into funs, holds a special place in my heart for introducing me to guns.

Attached: Banshee Norn.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

It does hurt man. Not to mention I can't find a good copy of the ps1 classic that started it all for me.

Inb4 DAT ISN'T DEH FIRST METAL GEAR GAME... I know, I know

Space F-14s are nice too.

Attached: vf-0 ghostbooster.jpg (2993x1754, 969K)

>that battle between snake and ocelot on shadow moses in 4
I don't give a fuck what anyone says, 4 was kino.

Attached: 1514847111030.jpg (645x773, 87K)

I haven't watched macross in forever, is it still any good?

Doesn't the PS1 mini come with it? i heard it didn't sell so well so it shouldn't be difficult to grab one.

I loved snake eater. Getting different camos was awesome despite some of them being totally useless for most of the game.

Designs are still top notch, plot and romance are a up to your own judgement.

Attached: [gg]_Macross_Delta_-_10_[FAE5B24D].mkv_snapshot_17.54_[2016.06.06_13.26.46].jpg (1280x720, 305K)

No, it's become nothing but waifufaggot pandering garbage now.

:o I was unaware of this. I would buy the system just for that game. I still have a functioning ps2 also haha. Wonder if the new disks like that would work?

Just emulate it on pc.

Attached: delta head on.jpg (1281x3597, 897K)

I fucking love tallgeese.

This looks dope as hell, ill have to check this out.
I know Eureka 7 isn't as Jow Forums heavy but anyone watch the new one? I saw Renton got a little lever action shotty and I still want a 98k cause of the dude

Attached: get it by your own hands.jpg (500x382, 38K)

Attached: [Commie] Macross Frontier the Movie ~Sayonara no Tsubasa~ [BD 1080p AAC] [66AE8F11].mkv_snapshot_01. (1916x1076, 1.1M)

Same, leos are great too.

Attached: 1550159181438.gif (400x300, 321K)

And of course the cameo

Attached: [Commie] Macross Frontier the Movie ~Sayonara no Tsubasa~ [BD 1080p AAC] [66AE8F11].mkv_snapshot_01. (1916x1076, 948K)

Shortduck is better.

>not impaling bisecting or otherwise dismembering your opponent

Attached: Untitled.jpg (629x417, 71K)

>trying to equate nostalgia to fit your argument
>being this retarded
Like I said here , every new Gundam entry past G Gundam has been shit. Most of the good Gundam shows are old. Though not everything old is automatically good either. This goes for just about every modern mecha show since most modern mecha shows have been shit.
Notalgia is when you act like a tard as you try to defend literal shit just because you remember how much you liked to eat shit when you were a kid.
Don't be a disgusting shit eater, user. Watch UC Gundam (excluding Unicorn and NT) then watch Wing and compare them. You will see how shit Wing is. Even the worst of UC like ZZ and 0083 are better than Wing.

Attached: 08thMS(5).gif (500x667, 209K)

>I was 27 the year the FedCom civil war reached the boiling point

Attached: StompyRobot4.jpg (989x1000, 283K)

>become
Macross is what started all of that in the first place.

gurren lagann because i'm not a pussy

I've seen em all, i got gunpla, i'm in some buidling clubs and the truth of the matter is you got to let people enjoy shit even if you dislike it. lie you say 0083 are shit but i fucking love it. Physalis with the nukes blowing out a huge chunk of the EFF navy and then Dendrobium showing up and the battle with Zeil. the real autist is the dude who shows up shouting about how shit people are, either go somewhere else or just chill man.
It's one thing to debate about which series is better it's a whole different thing to shit on them for liking one you dont, we're all fans man.

Koenig Monster was amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rfpxki_7ocE

>When a ship asks a flying artillery platform to be gentle when the artillery platform asks for permission to use its deck

Attached: koenig monster.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Attached: the correct answer.png (640x482, 336K)

Holy shit I fucking loved this show as a kid, too bad it got canned.

>I've seen em all, i got gunpla, i'm in some buidling clubs and the truth of the matter is you got to let people enjoy shit even if you dislike it
I'm really only talking about Wing here, retard. You said You thought it was good because it introduced you to mecha. This is just nostalgia speaking and I was pointing out that saying Wing is good just because of that is retarded. I don't like Wing, but I have no problem with someone liking it as long as their reasoning isn't "muh nostalgia" like you. I'll just tell people who like it that they have shit taste, then they can repeat that to me and we can go on our way. My only problem is with nostalgiafags.

>lie you say 0083 are shit but i fucking love it
I personally like 0083 and I was just saying that it was some of the worst of UC along with ZZ. Though I like all of UC except for the new shit like Unicorn and NT.

Attached: 08thMS(1).gif (500x400, 1.37M)

I fucking miss this show so much, fucking sucks that it has no chance of being brought back.

That chest camera on that mech makes me think this guy was a big fan of Zeta era mobile suits
Pretty cool

Unicorn was entertaining but that ending felt conflicting, like yeah this is cool but feels like a cop out.
I guess we can't agree on the other thing so we'll leave it at that.
society has changed so much that even if it came back it be some steven universe copy cat.
cool as fuck to know Bruce Campbell was in it

>tfw evil megas was basically a sazabi
I loved all the mecha/anime references it had.

Attached: 1f6d3f1ae58b7ca774c89d6a8aee6b00.jpg (461x660, 31K)

it actually hurts a bit knowing it'll never get the revival it deserves

Does LoGH counts?

Attached: 1551313242901.gif (540x405, 444K)

What exactly is the reason why it can't be brought back again?

>I guess we can't agree on the other thing so we'll leave it at that
Sure thing. Let's move onto something else then.
How about: what's your favorite Gundam show? Also what is your favorite Mobile Suit?
I'll start:
>Z Gundam
>Theta Plus

Attached: ThetaPlus.jpg (655x960, 129K)

at least it's not being mistreated like other ip's.
being a mecha fan is to suffer.
Souls series cucked out armored core, few good games, sunrise has a disney like monopoly on figs.
However, in a 2014 interview George Krstic was quoted as saying - "Megas was written off as a tax loss and as such can not be exploited, at least domestically, in any way, or the network will get into some sort of tax/legal trouble."

Attached: crying eyes.jpg (846x1200, 491K)

Mecha is just what Japs call Sci-Fi, so yes it does count.

Most of the old Gundam shows are shit too. Wing is top half of the franchise in quality, probably even top third. And I'll just come out and say it, the OG MSG sucks. It may have been great for its time period but it isn't 1979 anymore; if anything the rampant nostalgia and slavish devotion to it is a millstone around the neck of the franchise.

>0083 it just hit all the spots for me
>It is a tie between Death scythe hell custom and Psycho Zaku. DS cause of the batman feel and it's dope radar blocker that practically makes it invisible, always chuckle of the thought of this huge 2 story mech being invisible and Psycho Zaku just looks dope and was fuck as fun to put together.

>written off as a tax loss
That's fucking dumb.

>tfw mecha will never be a reality
Hold me bros.

combination of not enough interest and even if they did revive it they'd likely ruin the fuck out of
kiva would be a strong independent wakandan whamynses
jamie would be the basedest numale to ever be castrated
coop would be a trans alien antifa wildebeast
megas would of course be a regular prius on top of a mechafurry
true, haven't played armored core since number 2 but i loved the shit out of that game

>"0079 is bad because the animation is old!"
>"Wing is the best because it looks cool and I saw it on Toonami as a kid!"
Nice job, nostalgiafag.
Did you just not pay attention while watching 0079 and dropped it because of the animation? Because it doesn't sound like you watched it.

Unless you are just a shounenfag, after all, I understand why those types would like AU Gundam.

that's just the tip of the iceberg, cartoon network is retarded.
>Adultswim stunt causes ceo to step down
>new Ceo proceeds to just fuck my shit up ruining it
>eventually she has to step down and now we're here.
i can't recall off the top of my head exactly how it went down and my autistic friend who does remember is offline, but it's worth looking into if you got the time
The jap dude made some cool little mechs.
youtube.com/watch?v=2iZ0WuNvHr8
it fought and beat the US mech until they paid to win his ass which is complete and utter BULLSHIT!!!

Attached: RAGE.jpg (1479x1100, 297K)

Never say never

>megas would of course be a regular prius on top of a mechafurry

Attached: samcheeto.jpg (184x184, 12K)

The movies have a much different, more serious, tone that the show. I wouldn't call it better, but depending on what you're looking for you might prefer it.

youtube.com/watch?v=XHoCPtWaCtw

We've been over this before, robot like armor would cost way too much money to mass produce and would be a nothing but a big target on the battlefield due to mobility.