Why didn't shotguns see widespread use in the Syrian war?

Why didn't shotguns see widespread use in the Syrian war?
A lot of the videos I watched involve close quarters combat against unarmored soldiers.

Attached: Winchester1897-6.jpg (1200x425, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

havocscope.com/price-for-ak-47s-in-iraq/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cause without a choke a smoothbore is good to about 25yds or so, and with the tightest it's like 40.
Plus I imagine that stuff like AKs and 7.62x39 ammo would be more common in the ME than 12 gauge and such but I don't really know

>A lot of the videos I watched involve close quarters combat against unarmored soldiers.
Because a select-fire assault rifle is better.

doesnt shoot through walls as well, it's not good at at any range so it's dead weight normally, and there isnt many shotguns around in the middle east compared to other options

I don't think the average person understands the massive downsides to a "combat" pump. The ammunition isn't impossible to carry, but it is EXTREMELY bulky compared to the number of rounds you would get for a rifle, slow to reload when there is always the possibility of a big fight, there's ammo for it exactly nowhere, and the effective range of a shotgun with a full choke and not firing slug ammunition is perhaps 40 yards. It'd work for a Syrian town, but not anywhere outside of it where there are snipers everywhere

>there isnt many shotguns around in the middle east

Attached: 1499782168309.jpg (500x373, 51K)

An assault rifle is better.
That said, shotguns did see some use, I know they used them to make improvised grenade launchers.

AKs and 7.62x39mm are very deadly at close range. They're just as powerful as 300blk.

Because you can buy an AK for a gallon of Goat Milk while you have to actually pull out some money for a shotgun.

30 rounds in a clip is better than 5-8 rounds in a tube.

>clip

I got a better question than OPs retard question

why, in all that time, with hundreds of armor garages up armoring tanks, bulldozers, trucks, garbage trucks, honda civics and anything else

why was there never ever any personal armor plates made for jihadi john?

>clip

Attached: 1498547645821.jpg (497x732, 119K)

>clip
Dude. Lurk maor

Objectively wrong. Prices dipped for a while because Saddams armories opened up post invasion but they are still quite expensive considering the average wage in that area is ~$4k/year.

havocscope.com/price-for-ak-47s-in-iraq/

Arabs/Africans aren't aware shotguns exist. Be grateful for that considering the goofy shit they do with firearms

They do use shotguns in the Syrian war, just not in the way you might think. Actually using them for their intended purpose is probably rare but I see them all of the time used as improvised grenade launchers, using blanks.

OP showing antique Scatter Beast with short brass, 7½ mouse shot.
0P is mouse Fag

>25yds
A standard shotgun with an 18.5" barrel will make kill shots out to 100 yards with the right ammo

>with the right ammo
Is this right ammo in any way more or as available as 7,62x39?

Less than ideal in a war like that. Still perfect for clearing out drug dens in some dark hollow though, so don't count her out just yet

Did you just say 7.62x39 is as powerful as 300 blackout. 300 blackout is a necked out 5.56 you retard

Really?? I find it hard to believe as you can't get shotguns outside of Us and Canada

Attached: !cretin.jpg (717x717, 80K)

Are you retarded

I was talking about buckshot in that case. If you're going to use slugs, why not just use a rifle instead?

they are very aware of shotguns, much to my consternation

Attached: 1393253622049.gif (280x210, 1.84M)

Most militia groups are handing out AKs for free to anyone willing to fight.

Ok but that's not buying an AK. That's joining an armed organization and being issued one.

Why is it for Jow Forums to understand basic concepts like ownership?

I think Turkish law is significantly less regulating of shotguns. They seem to be used in the northern areas.

>Why is it for Jow Forums to understand basic concepts like ownership?
Because Jow Forums is a leftist board, nazis get out reee.

Attached: 1503183974578.jpg (540x659, 95K)

You Can't Mossad
The Assad

Attached: IMG_0931.jpg (480x480, 19K)