First gun

nogunz here, tell me why or why not i should get a .357 desert eagle as my first gun.
my reasoning is that its a somewhat powerful cartridge while being small enough that i can still magdump if necessary, and is easily recognizable for being a really powerful gun, so hopefully it would be intimidating enough that i might not have to resort to actually using it in self defense

Attached: deagle.jpg (700x467, 59K)

>my first gun
Glock 19, gen 5 MOS.

Probably the unpopular opinion here but as long as you can afford to plink .357 en masse and train with it you should be fine. If you're a full grown man a .357 in a desert eagle shouldn't put any real wear on your wrists.

Just get an rpg you'll be fine

your first pistol should be something that you can cc and works reliably

>using it in self defense
>self defense
>first gun
If your concern is self defense and you have NO OTHER GUNS YET, a concealed carry pistol is your absolute priority.
>inb4 but I've seen operators CC full-sized pistols, so I should be able to with a desert eagle
No. Let's not even kid ourselves here; you couldn't CC it if you tried.

Should you buy it after you have your CC, rifle (AR or AKM style weapon), and shotgun? Absolutely. Cause its baller as fuck and would actually make a nice sidearm if you were genuinely proficient with it.

Attached: 1528746971837.png (680x680, 369K)

Why not get a revolver for a fraction of the cost if you're set on 357? The Deagle is cool, but not an ideal first gun. They function best as range toys and something to wow friends with. A good first pistol would be something common in 9mm or a 22lr to train with.
>But 9mm is weak!
Jow Forums memes. A decent hollowpoint will put down anything roughly human sized and smaller. If you're worried about numbers, there are some 9mm loadings that touch 450 ft-lbs and/or can get through soft armor out of a pistol

Attached: 1513230031688.png (341x310, 116K)

1st gun should be a workhorse.
2nd gun should be a novelty.

>buying a Deagle Brand Deagle in anything but .50 African Eliminator

>nogunz here, tell me why or why not i should get a .357 desert eagle as my first gun.

Because irl isn’t GTA4. Fuck off back to /v/ faggot, better yet stay here because Jow Forums likes to have its fair share of retard monkeys running around.

>desert eagle
>small
Desert eagle is really big user, its not very good for concealed carry. Unless you're buying it as a car gun, idk how youll lug it around unless your country/state allows for open carry

when i said small i was referring to the cartridge in comparison to 50 ae

if you get a deagle in anything, but 50AE then you are a pussy. get a revolver if you want .357.

>t. parkourdude91

get a glock 19 9mm, or a ruger mk4 22. all youre going to get from buying that is a pistol that you cant carry, and you are going to be a shit shot and develop bad habits as you dont have much experience and training on a 357 magnum is not good for someone just starting out. 357 is something you move to after you have got down the basics. dont even think about it until you can at minimum get consistent 3-5" groups at 15 yards with a 22 or 9mm, if you cant do it with those you sure as hell arent going to do it with a 357

>deagle
>357
>first gun
What the fuck are you doing? You dont have a clue, do you? Do you know what youre doing? What are you thinking? What are you going to think about doing? Do you have a plan? Do you have ANYTHING? You can do better than this, OP. Stop. Just stop. And the next time you want to do what you have been thinking about what youre going to do, dont do it.

I'm gonna differ from everyone here and say if your heart is set on the deagle, go for it. More than likely you'll want to continue buying more guns in the future. You should really consider something concealable in the future, maybe your second gun? but if you want the deagle, get it and if you don't like it sell it on armslist or something. guns are not cars; you aren't limited to one or two and selling them privately is a lot easier than you probably think

>buying a pistol which can‘t fire more than one round before you have to manually cycle because the .50 AE is a shit calibre

My carry gun for 9 years has been a full sized glock. I'm a 5'9 manlet weighing 165lbs and I have zero issues concealing it.
I also own a desert eagle in .50AE and I have CC'd that just because i could. I wouldn't do it every day but it definitely can be done.

It doesnt matter what your cc gun is as long is its reliable, you're comfortable with it, and you can actually shoot it well.

>calibre
You've never fired a desert eagle in your life.

Unfortunately I actually bought one. It‘s really fun to shoot that one round before it fails to cycle.

Attached: D98B10F6-FABD-4847-8A98-E01500249DC5.jpg (2048x1536, 547K)

Your gun is defective then, or your gas system is clogged.
I'd say the bigger issue is that you bought a MK VII. I will admit those were notoriously pieces of shit.
My MK XIX has gone through 2,320 rounds without a single failure so far.

Because you're limpwristing it

I bought it over a decade ago, the XIX didn‘t exist back then. Maybe the new ones are more reliable, but what reason would I have to waste money on another Deagle instead of buying a real gun for half the price?

I‘m on Jow Forums. Obviously I jerked off enough comrades innawoods to get a firm enough grip to handle a Jew gun.

you'll never use a gun to help or defend yourself. just get whatever you want, it's irrelevant. you could get the deagle but you could also get a ruger .22 and it would be the same, i.e. fuckall

If you have the opportunity to rent one a couple of times and like it, if you have the money to keep enjoying it, then go on and buy one.
But if I were you, I would never treat or use it as everything other than a fun range toy.

How could you actually own a deagle and think it was a jew gun?
It has not ever been a jew gun. It was licensed to IMI for like 3 years. It has always been an American gun.

They are neat, but not actually very practical.

Besides being fuckspensive, it's also very chunky and would be awkward to actually use in a fight compared to most other pistols. This may seem to give it some degree of intimidation, but that's not something I'd count on. Any gun is scary, anyone staring down the barrel of your gun will be less concerned with what kind it is and more concerned about the fact that you have one.
Finally there's the reliability. They can be made to work most of the time, but they are known to be quite finnicky. Especially in .357, which is on the weaker end and doesn't always have the power necessary to fully cycle.

You'd probably expect me to comment something about recoil, but no. They're actually surprisingly mild to shoot. but make no mistake, they are meant more for showing off at a range than actually betting your life on. If you want a powerful pistol for protection get a Glock 20 in 10mm, it'll be 1/2 the price, double the magazine capacity and actually work when you need it to. Plus you can put a bright-ass flashlight like a TLR-1 HL on it and blind the shit out of an attacker.

Aren't they owned by Kahr Arms now? I have a 1911 from them. What a piece of shit that gun is.

>can't get rid of it though because it's my first pistol

OP if you have that kind of money just get a Mark 23. Big as hell, but extremely reliable and fun to shoot. You won't be CC'ing either gun anyway.

Jew gun in the sense that I got Jewed buying that POS. Like I said, I enjoy shooting that one round per manual cycle, but for the money I paid (expensive as hell in Switzerland) I could‘ve bought three Glocks or five nuggets.

.357 autoloading pistols are stupid. +1 or +2 capacity in exchange for absurd weight and bulk, uncomfortable grip, can't shoot .38, not very reliable in general, etc.

These are revolver rounds. Use them in a revolver.

Don't listen to the manlets saying you cant CC a deagle. I'm 5'10 240lbs and I CC mine daily, never had any issues printing. Its also pretty great for scaring off nigs trying to carjack you, I just racked the slide and they ran away.

This. I EDC a 6" Raging Bull in summer and winter and I am totally fine.

You can CC whatever you want. .357 is definitely a better round to shoot when learning, then moving up to the .50AE master race when you become somewhat competent.

>my reasoning is that its a somewhat powerful cartridge while being small enough that i can still magdump if necessary
stop playing call of duty and actually try shooting a real handgun

Attached: tenor.gif (270x200, 1.76M)

get a baby desert eagle instead, put a .41 AE barrel in it if you want a hefty meme caliber

Attached: 20181008_180308.jpg (4128x2322, 2.58M)

Fuck off troll, if you're still here.

>5'9''
>165lbs

Attached: almost there.png (1272x1028, 201K)

imo, a gun one can also carry everyday is a better choice

but I don't know your situation, so, in general, I'd recommend handguns of conventional size

have you even shot one? once the novelty factor wears off it's just impractical.

fucking idiot.

Attached: 1525359924033.jpg (350x438, 18K)

I dont get what you're trying to imply.

Build a g19, pf940c is pretty sex
Or this if you don't mind government watchlists

Attached: IMG_20190203_170108.jpg (3036x4048, 2.84M)

Not trying to say you are fat, but I was implying that it would be easier for some on who is on the far end of the normal BMI index to conceal a larger firearm.

>and is easily recognizable for being a really powerful gun, so hopefully it would be intimidating enough that i might not have to resort to actually using it in self defense
dude people get regulary shot for pulling out their cell phones, you're a fucking retard if you think that this is how self defense works
you're gonna be able to identify the type of weapon at best not to mention that if you pull a desert eagle in self defense you're probably going to get shot by the cops for being to much of a larping faggot

Attached: 6512797_M650x433.jpg (112x96, 4K)

Ah yes, that is true

>I'm 5'10 240lbs

Attached: 1456161496030.jpg (791x720, 133K)

Deagles are gas operated tho