I bought a mini 30 back in 2015, and I've fired it here and there, and not given it much live otherwise...

I bought a mini 30 back in 2015, and I've fired it here and there, and not given it much live otherwise, but recently I've decided that I'm going to go the suppressed scout rifle route with it. Any optics suggestions? Should I opt for a bipod or not?

Pic related.

Attached: 835165_01_ruger_mini_30_tactical_w_extra_640.jpg (640x361, 34K)

Do what tickles your pickle. All you're trying to do is impress yourself in the end. I'd also look at getting an accustrut if you're going the bipod route on the barrel. As for sights I'm a fan of the peep sights, but all the aftermarket ones for the mini irk me and I can't put a finger on it, they're just eh. I'd say any decent quality scope whos company you're happy with. I've had stellar luck with Nikon refurbished scopes. Anything under 3-9 would be fantastic for the range you're using it for.

Leatherwood ART M-1000

Attached: D240E958-DF2C-4C5F-85F6-0E087EF2B107.jpg (1228x880, 166K)

Alright, alright. Do you think I would have to put anything on the scope mount to keep it from loosening? I feel like it being over the action of the Mini would please me the most aesthetically, but I also feel like I will run into problems with constant firing loosening the scope mount.

Looks beefy

You can larp as a vietnam Sniper

well the mini is basicly a scout rifle so ur bretty smart

I'm newguns and so busy that I barely have time to shoot. I'm considering a bipod, too. How will I decide? Not by asking faggots on 4chins. Buy a cheap one off DX.com, take it in the field, see if you like it or want a better one.

Choice of optic is dictated by what you're shooting, at what range, and in what environment. For me it's a low fixed power scope because I want to keep everything as light as possible. I don't agree with the rule of thumb that says you need 1x power per 100 yards of range. I can make hits at 500 with irons, so a 2x to 4x scope is fine. Still deciding exactly what power I prefer.

Well I'm not newguns, and I know at least some of the faggots here have scouted out their mini.

Well I'm going for scout rifle, so a bit longer range, or at least longer for 7.62 x 39

>Tfw no ART II for my Winchester M-14 for ‘Nam LARPing yet
:(

>yet
Keep saving desu

Not sure what type of faggotry/trolling this is, but okay.

leupold ultralight 2.5
>i want to set up a scout rifle
>let me get a huge, heavy variable power scope and a bipod

Not my mini in the pic, I don't need anything super crazy, just something decent, and the base mini 30 is pretty light to start with. I'm asking for suggestions from some of you faggots that might have actually done this before, because I know some of you have.

>done this before

bitch youre putting a scope and suppressor on a semi auto you dont need to class it as a specific breed of rifle.

Blue locktite nothing stronger.

Yeah, I built my mini, you can get a picatinny fore-end if You simply Must scout it. The real reason behind the forward mounted scope is so you can use stripper clips on a bolt gun; it has nothing to do with an improved sight. mag fed removes the need for a forward scope system. A 2-7X32 scope is sufficient, trigger job, a bipod is a waste unless your a shit shot

Obviously I want specific suggestions for what goes the best considering factors such as weight added, best bang for buck on a scope, if a bipod is worth it, etc. Obviously I could throw anything the fuck on here, I'm not going for some garbage just to make it look like a scout rifle though, I'm going for useful additions on my mini 30 that will give the scout rifle feel to it. Quit being a cuck, you know what I meant. I'll call it whatever the fuck I want, just like I'm sure you'll continue to be a neckbearded nogunz cuck.

Cool. Thanks

Perfect, thank you.

bitch it fucking depends what you want to do with it. do you want to masturbate while watching deer fuck? a 4-12 is ideal. do you want to put your crosshair on a target and shoot things. a fixed low power will work. are you actually such an npc you cant decide what kind of scope you want?