Canada General

New here? Want a firearm license? Read this: pastebin.com/Ndb2jSAu

Previous thread:

Attached: maple snake.jpg (1516x2152, 807K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boredbutton.com/random
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for the best PCC in Canada.

Attached: Adama cx4.jpg (601x338, 57K)

How does it make you feel that there is a compliant version of this is which is soon going to be cheapest PCC in Canada?

Attached: 1095TS.jpg (800x450, 33K)

What should I get as my first gun(s)? I only intend going to range, maybe do some sport shooting. Want to have fun, but don't wanna be hated by the oldfags for no reason. Not really excited for old guns, bolt actions or single action revolvers.

Pic related is me couple of weeks ago. From 6 or 7 meters, I'm not sure. Shot a 9mm glock, 1911, Scorpion EVO, .45 ACP Vector and some AR style rifle, not sure what it was. Also shot a pump shotgun on a different target - liked that one the best desu.

I am thinking to get an SKS and a cheap pump shotgun with 14" barrel. If I keep it up, then upgrade to Stag-10 (suggested in prev thread) and a Derya MK12.

Attached: target.jpg (3036x3369, 2.43M)

SKS for first rifle and get a Glock 17 or 19 for cheap 9mm handgat fun.

>handgat
translate please

seriously? are you a frog or something?

Don't be a dick, I asked you a serious question. Although after thinking a bit about it, I am guessing it's just a snobby way of saying "gun"? Not really sure.

Trollololol

the eternal newfriend strikes again

I said I am new in the first post. You were never new to anything?

Yeah but I tried lurking and using my brain once in a while instead of automatically asking about something
Here's a clue
>handg[at]

no idea. Is this a phonetics thing? English isn't my first language.

oh my god dude
HANDGUN
fucking hell

are you a retard? That's what I said in >40826827
and you faggots keep egging on me for no reason.

I mean

>just a snobby way of saying "gun"
No that is what you said

My bad, I didn't realize autists were allowed to have firearms in Canada. I should've said "handgun", to make it obvious I understood that "hand" actually means "hand" and not something else. Deepest apologies.

Yeah it turns out using terms the right way matters.

>using terms the right way
>handgat
Well put, sir.

Wasn't me

Shut the fuck up you insufferable cunt

The LGR in Quebec is dead on arrival.
I kinda like some aspects of it, like how the hammer is called "the dog", because then if the hammer doesn't hit hard enough you can call it a bitch and if it bites you... lol

Attached: Registre.jpg (674x666, 82K)

Go shoot up your school

Yeah. Another version with an aftermarket lower that takes AR10 mags has been submitted by IRG, but we haven't heard any news on it. This is the rifle that was submitted.

Desert Tech is also retarded as fuck. Making their guns only work with certain ammo is kinda dumb. It's a cool design, but they're stuck too much in their precision bolt gun mindset. I really doubt they knew the intricacies of Canadian law. And why not import one and see if it gets approved anyway if you're a dealer? You might still get lucky and it slips by.

Also Desert Tech is owned by a cult that marries 12 year olds to old men. I wouldn't support them.

Attached: image_zpsg2y4vj3r.jpg (1024x334, 78K)

wasn''t that one rejected too? Think I remember them saying something alone those lines on CGN

I can't remember to be honest. I think IRG are still working on it, and retards on CGN keep bumping the thread, but I can't recall any updates. I don't remember being heartbroken, so I'm pretty sure there's hope. Even though it's going to cost like 5k.

Attached: SCAR-H2_zps4xpphr1c.jpg (972x334, 169K)

>a fucking UGG

Desert Tech changed the gas system so it now runs better with milspec ammo.

Reminder to subscribe to PewDiePie, and unsubscribe from T-Series.

Soon.
Threadly reminder that voting for CPC is the safest bet

Attached: IMG_6782.jpg (639x881, 209K)

You seem lost, is that way

Nigga, this thread is full of 40 y/o boomers and Autists. Do you really think they care about PdP?
FUCK outta here, go make a Jow Forums thread about it or something

My riding is going NDP anyway, so I'll give Max some love.

>snobby
No, it's the niggerspeak/meme way of saying gun.

The only reason why someone should vote PPC

This is an important global issue that affects everyone. Subscribe to PewDiePie and unsubscribe from T-Series.

And do you really think that not having a gas system that could run cheap milsurp was a good idea to begin with.

Just think how absurd it is to be creating a rifle that's supposed to be hugely innovational, and you don't tune it to work with cheap ammo that everyone is going to be using for training and fun.

Desert Tech are the definition of boomers. They make a gun, shoot a box of $1,50 ammo and then decide to ship them out. Too busy fucking their 12 year old wives I guess.

Does the ACR ugg appeal to you more?

Attached: 20180225_170442.png (1080x385, 461K)

Who should one vote for if their riding has been CPC strong for years, but the CPC MP himself is retiring before the election?

Desert Tech is a precision rifle company. Target ammo is what all their guns were made for.
Should they have seen it coming that people would want to blast away with milspec shit? Yeah, but I understand why they didn't.

No it isn't, you stupid zoomer

I'm also looking at getting my first gun. I want a rifle for spot & stalk deer hunting.

Options I've researched are:
Tikka T3x compact
Ruger American
Savage 110 Hunter
Mauser M18

I have also been recommended the Sauer 101 but I couldn't find pricing for it in Canada, looks expensive..

I don't know shit about optics, but the scopes I looked at were:
Nikon M-300 1.5-6x42mm
Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40
Zeiss Terra 3X Rifle Scope - 2-7x32mm

I'm hesitant to consider a surplus rifle (SKS) because I'm concerned about accuracy, but I really don't know enough about it to say for sure.

Attached: lena512color.png (512x512, 465K)

Subscribe to PewDiePie and unsubscribe from T-Series.

Tikka with the Leupold or the Zeiss if you can afford it

Source on this? The last time I saw Scheer’s gun policy he didn’t refer to himself in first person and a mag ban repeal wasn’t anywhere to be seen

Just passed my CFSC and CRFSC. They said I'd be getting a kind of "certificate" in the mail that I could send to the RCMP alongside an application form.
What kind of websites should I browse in the meantime? Marstar is cool but everything is sold out.

Attached: CFSC-New-Manual-830x1083.png (830x1083, 685K)

ty

Dude, it seems like you're new to firearms, so let me give you some advice: Stay the FUCK away from Marstar. You will have a bad time with Marstar.

Look at anybody but Marstar and Al Flaherty's.

>What kind of websites should I browse in the meantime?
boredbutton.com/random

Stay away from Marstar. They're the worst kind of people.

Also after sending in your application, don't forget to post here every day about how long you have been waiting.

Attached: 1546324456927.jpg (339x472, 95K)

Really? That's pretty sick.

Look at the businesses listed at the top of CGN. Don't give mar* your money.

It's real. Someone posted it a few threads ago and I put the green around the "this kills the banlist" parts. Chances are he probably updated it to include uncucking mags after the last time he spoke about it I think

>I really doubt they knew the intricacies of Canadian law.
What intricacies? The only 2 requirements you need to meet to get an NR classification are barrel length, and don't make your shit easy to convert to full auto. Am I missing something here? I don't work for a gun company and I'm not a weapons engineer, but it seems to follow common sense that sending in a semi-auto conversion from a select fire receiver is going to be easier to convert to full auto than a semi-auto only receiver.
>Also Desert Tech is owned by a cult that marries 12 year olds to old men. I wouldn't support them.
Sheeeeeit so is our current government.

Based Urban Tactical, do the Barrett sometime, indoor .50bmg is an experience.

Ha, they suggested it, but I chickened out. Plus isn't it like 100$ per shot?

its 20$ for one shot, and it doesn't hurt at all. they make you sit down and it has a bipod. Super fun, I've done it twice now.

Ammo for your own 50 cal is 5$ a round or so. But they only charge about 20$

>100 days waiting for pal and counting

Attached: 1551074298580.jpg (567x374, 49K)

My top picks are Firearms Outlet Canada, Corwin Arms, Great North Gun Co., Bulls Eye London, and Doctor Deals (Smoking Gun).
Marstar is really the place you check after you've checked everywhere else already.
Now, what's really important is what first gun you'll be getting. C'mon, user. Don't be shy.

Attached: 1538648267443.jpg (900x900, 114K)

Along with , I like TradeEx for the interesting and affordable stuff they have (especially the classic double shotguns and less common ammo), Prophet River or Aztech for importing, and Wolverine for various parts.

>Not including GoTendies
For shame.

>RCMP finally charged my CC for PAL
Surely I'll get it by the end of the month, or early April.

CPC to ensure they stick around.

Great north gun co gouges hard with milsurp but the layaway system is great and they have nice stuff

That just means they finally opened the envelope.
You now have a 28 day waiting period and then however long they feel like taking to process.

For importing, would you guys suggest IRG, Prophet River, or someone else? IRG seems the cheaper of the two, but I've never used any import service, for guns, before.

Along with what and mention, GoTenda is a great site, they usually have very good prices and sales on guns and ammo.

No, the 28 day waiting period is from when they receive it.
Stop spreading bullshit.

Their brick and mortar store is pretty comfy. It's like a Chinese convenience store but for guns.

It's 28 days until they open the envelope, aka the mandatory wait, or at least that's how the rules read to me, with people having at least 45 days since the receiving time before the PAL is issued. Is this not the case?

I've never had the chance to buy from gotenda, that's all. Even though I know the reputation, I can't speak from experience so I do not include it.
I wouldn't buy most of what they have for the price, but sometime they have a few gems on there. Weird billing system but they're reliable in all the ways that actually matters for online retailers.

They don't count it as received until opened and put into the stack. This is why paying by CC was always recommended, you can track the date they started.

That's fair.

>canpar
Not. Ever. Again.

Or you could just send it via registered mail and know when they receive it.

Should I buy a t97?

Doesn't work that way though.
Your name is not even entered into the system until the envelope is opened and the data entered. They charge the payment at this point and the waiting period can now start since you are now in the system. They might process the application during the 28 days and issue on the 29th or they may wait, depends how they feel and what they backlog is.

Only if you're willing to spend another few hundred on top of the base price to make it usable, and using only certain kinds of magazines, even though that defeats the purpose of STANAG.

Just call them twice a week asking about how the process is going

>gotenda
>Chinese T81SA up for preorder
Someone talk me out of this!

Attached: Type81_LRG.jpg (800x264, 35K)

gat is what they called guns back in the fucking roaring 20s

I really want one but I also really hate China

The plastic on the stock looks like a horse dick.

Why is it just a shitty trigger?

>new gun
>integral tactical anal toy
Why haven't you got one yet?

Type 81s use AK mags or proprietary mags?

>another few hundred on top of the base price to make it usable
What? The gen 2 is perfectly useable out of the box.

Trigger is fine for a bullpup. The T97 has a match trigger compared to the Tavor's

For 308 is 75-80¢ / round as good as it ever gets?

Recently in the system user here; the date that's listed as received is the day the letter got in, not the day they charged my CC. This post smells foul.

Then what are the problems with the type 97? I don't expect it to be a precision rifle, but as long as it's reasonably accurate, and reliable.

For brass, yes. Sometimes you can still find Norinco steel cased stuff for 60c a round.

>The T97 has a match trigger compared to the Tavor's
Why would someone just go on the internet and tell lies?

There are no major problems. It has some quirks like being finicky with mags and weird ergos. Also the 2 screws holding the rail on the Gen 2 can come loose, so you may have to use a bit of loctite. But don't over torque them because who knows what kind of aluminum that rail is made of

Other than that's it's decent. Actually slightly more accurate than the Tavor in my experience, although the Tavor ha much better ergonomics.

I've shot them back to back, just speaking from my personal experience. Tavor had one of the worst triggers I've ever felt... Ungodly heavy, almost SKS tier

Nonsense, there are no dishonest people on the internet.

By the way, if anyone is having cosmoline troubles with their milsurp, just fill up a bathtub with hot water and let the whole rifle soak in there. You might need to do this 2-3 times. To make it go faster, make sure you sand down the wood to really open up its pores, that way the cosmoline will exit more easily. You can always re-finish the wood after it's all done.

I'm not shilling for the tavor trigger, mine pulls at 9 pounds like mush and I hate it. reset isn't terrible, the takeup is horrible. My buddies T97 pulls just shy of 12 pounds though.

Proprietary, but 3-D made a video on how to convert mags.

This pic was done by a guy on CGN with one of the original batch of R length T97's at 100m.

Attached: T97avZZ-1.jpg (787x804, 71K)

Don't troll people like that, user.
This is the washing machine thing all over again...