The chainsaws can be hand-to-hand melee weapons?

The chainsaws can be hand-to-hand melee weapons?

Attached: CCFBB49D-4DE2-4693-BD58-060B1AA615FA.png (469x357, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

panaceax.com/weaponized-chainsaw
youtube.com/watch?v=fdwC4vhc594
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not really, they gum up with fat and sinew too easily.

The only real advantage over a conventional blade is the fear generated by the motor sounds. If any kind of powered melee weapon were to become useful if imagine it more like a reciprocating turkey carver, but heavier.

What about a long-ass shredder with exposed cutting surfaces?

This.

This
Chainsaws are good for sawing things, you want a melee weapon to be good at not being overly heavy and striking.

With the safety nubs sharpened down.

Attached: black-decker-cordless-hedge-trimmers-lht2220-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 46K)

Fpbp

Maybe as a breaching tool?

Attached: mediadc.brightspotcdn.com.jpg (1000x750, 138K)

They're only good if you replace your hand with one

They're extremely practical attachments.
panaceax.com/weaponized-chainsaw

Attached: possible_modifications_2.jpg (518x785, 45K)

Anything can be a melee weapon if you believe in yourself

My dick is a 2lb club.

Hell yeah

Attached: Fkn xenos.gif (300x164, 606K)

What about a pneumatic, pressure activated Bec de Corbin?

Sorry, I’m not Ash.

>tfw Toughness 3

Power swords
/thread

Attached: Black_Templar_Art.jpg (600x870, 152K)

>not a shaped charge bayonet so you can stab tanks

>once

can be, shoulden't. not very good at doing damage to armored (soft body targets) quick enough, and can equally harm the user. a bayanet is much safer and effective.

>40K is fantasy and uses an saintly powerful power-source.
a 40K chain-blade has incredible edge retention and power. a real chainsaw was while gruesome is 2nd to a skill saw for soft body penetration. no chain, faster penetration, easier maintenance, plus quieter.

however a simple knife trumps these in all practical terms with the least amount of upkeep, weight, and power source.

40k is ridiculous

They're scary and CAN fuck you up, but they're also awkward to swing and the chain can break if it hits something too hard, or simply gunk up after enough flesh, rendering it useless.
It's definitely something you don't want to be on the receiving end of, but it's not useful in a straight fight against a sword or spear, for example.

That's what makes it fun. It's pretty much Heavy Metal Album Covers: the Setting.

>never worked at a slaughter house

OP here, please explain.

Attached: 570D8A79-4D32-4F09-BBCC-CFD6966364AF.jpg (1192x670, 119K)

Are you really this dense? Let me retard it for you.

FAT AND SINEW MAKE CHAINSAW NO WORK. CHAINSAW MADE FOR HARD DRY THING, NOT STRETCHY WET THINGS.

youtube.com/watch?v=fdwC4vhc594

They could be, but just about anything else would be better. I'd rather just have a heavy stick frankly, a chainsaw is not meant to be used as a weapon and would be likely to either hurt you as well as your attacker or just bind up and become useless.

It would be scary as fuck though, so it's got that.

Chainsaws are for trees. What you want is one of these buggers or a bone saw.

Attached: product-h2.png (782x486, 446K)

chainsaws are meant to cut wood. a chainsaw could go through flesh but it would eventually clog up with blood. the motor could get jammed by flesh. wood is brittle and has grains. which is why I turns to sawdust. flesh is rubbery and wet. a saw could do more damage than a blade but you would have to engineer it specifically for combat. the sound of the motor starting up would scare the shit out of someone. also a chainsaw can take awhile to start up.

this

Attached: 1444229928580.jpg (324x291, 15K)