Fudd stories. Now

Fudd stories. Now.

Attached: EBF6B453-F24B-4349-BB6A-0BF24BB76505.jpg (1000x669, 87K)

but Jow Forums literally does not know what a fudd is tho

I have a ranger 94. I like muh durr jerky

pretty much that.

that doesn’t have any correlation to fuddism tho

>bring my 14.5 inch "pistol" upper to my LGS
>have the gunsmith laser bore sight it
>boomer who owns the place limps on over from the other side of the store
>guy looks like he's about to have a heart attack, yelling at the gunsmith about the upper
>she has to explain to him that the lack of a lower receiver renders the item a paper weight
>he retreats to the counter having made the fool
>have to pay up front for the work of a gunsmith in the back, for some reason
>boomer tells me, "that'll be $20"
>"that's American dollars"
>he chuckles
>of course a boomer would expect cash
>hand him a card instead, like a dignified minority
And that is why I only purchase from the zoomer run place anymore, they only hassle you if you look like you can be suckered into more expensive items

>like a dignified minority
that line alone makes me dislike your post.
I would comment more but I don't care anymore.

why would you ever laser boresight a gun? Are you retarded?

>mention buying suppressors to young boomer dad
"SILENCERS ARE FOR ASSASSINS"
>bring him to range to shoot said suppressors
>wants one for his ratty turk bird gun

Attached: seamus, get the radio.jpg (597x572, 52K)

Then I'll make sure to hand someone a $100 bill the next time I'm charged 20 or complain about the price and run out in protest, lest I fail to adhere to a stereotype

To get myself on paper at 100 yards

Lol u are a tard
A good laser borsighter is a great tool. I love mine.

Attached: 910DF333-5380-4EDE-AC7A-DB977B2AA317.jpg (448x301, 25K)

Once my dad and I were shooting clays and an old fart FREAKED OUT at my dad using a semi auto instead of an OU. Screamed at him that it was dangerous, he was gonna kill somebody, etc. Completely bizarre and he left in a huff

bro you can buy a laser dummy round for sighting in your rifle for like $12. fuck boomers, they are a drain on humanity and always have been. aside from farmers and ranchers they literally have never produced anything of value.

shoot a 20 cent round at 10 yards, zero while compensated for height over bore, repeat at 50 yards, zero at 100 yards. It takes 10 minutes. Less time than driving to a gun shop.
They are not true zero and are a waste of time and money marketed to people who dont know what theyre doing.

Did you call him an idiot? You should have let him know hes an idiot

You have to shoot strait for that to matter.
Even a bent barrel rifle is more accurate then most people can shoot.

maybe its because I'm from the South or only grew up around old money private school circles but 90% of the boomers I know are the exact opposite of fudds even if they arent personally into guns. it's just odds seeing all these fudds stories everywhere. I seen fudds but its always carpetbaggers or people on tv.

The RO launching clays told him to calm down but honestly we were just taken aback. I'd never heard of such a thing

>go to Jow Forums
>"wow"

true story

same user, some spout a lot of lore but everyone seems to have and support ownership of maximum freedoms

>they literally have never produced anything of value
They authored our wank material at peak quality before we had access to broadband internet- so there's that I guess

Me and a buddy got asked to leave a sporting clay range because of my friend’s “Riot Gun”
He had a shotgun with black furniture and a 20” barrel

The LGS closest to me is also one of the fuddiest stores I've ever seen.

>all surplus is a "war relic": $4k for an M1 Garand, $2k for Enfields, etc
>owner believes handgun design peaked at the .357 magnum revolver
>ZERO modern Firearms. Sells nothing made of polymer

If you ask if they sell Glocks the owner will say "Son, do you think Nascar engines are made of plastic?"

kek, i'd say it sounds based except for the greedy fucking markup. and yeah nascar engines are partly plastic. LS engines typically use a plastic air intake. i wouldn't be surprised if other parts used plastic to save weight.

>thinking any of that is a negative

Attached: 1547593462050.jpg (742x556, 58K)

>a laser dummy round
They wrongly assume chamber is parallel to muzzle.

It wasn't even "tactical." It was a Benelli 20gauge with fuckin birds engraved on on it

hmmmmm. fair point, never considered that. still wouldn't pay for a boomer to zero my weapon for me. do it army style by shooting groups and making adjustments at 25m.

I wanna say his was a 7 shot Mav88 w/ a hunting plug in it.

t. Fudd

I'm a semi pro Trap/skeet shooter, those fucks are the absolute worst. I fucked with a few one day on the range.they were of familiar with me as the "Kid" with the browning citori that would out shoot there asses and win club competitions and the annual ATA region shoots.
One snarky fudd one day said "all because of the expensive Jap gun you win over us". I told him meet me at the trap talking that shit Fudd.so I went to my truck and grabbed my KSG I was shooting at the normal range early that day. I met the fudd at the line and with all of his buddy's watching and I shot 25 straight he hit like a 23.I surprised myself I didn't think I could do it, thought it was best to keep rear sight folded plus barrel not being choked of course made it more challenging. But I was driven to shut his old ass up.The fudd got mad and went with his buddies petitioning to get me kicked/banned from the club premises and events. The club owner told them fuck off and had my back,told them they were straight trash and they deserved to be embarrassed and that he would shut the range down the day he started ousting his best up and coming shooters.

I've heard some of them fudd before saying "nobody needs those scary black weapons of war" all you need is a hunting rifle and a 12 gauge field gun". And the best one being "Id wish they ban ARs so those 3-gun matches would stop making all that noise"
Fudds have absolutely ruined Trap and Skeet sporting clay ranges.

I've had fudds try and convince me that revolvers were more reliable than semi-autos

I wrote a rant in response to fudds trying to bitch that millenials were killing local gun stores. It started off with basically how millenials aren't into guns and they're forcing us to close its their fault and can't possibly be anything else. My response was basically why LGS's were dying was because they're fucking overpriced shitholes trying to sell 9mm for 20cpr when it shouldn't cost more than 16cpr. No mr fudd your ludicrous price on new guns are not good deals because the made up MSRP on ruger's website says its way more than you're charging because you're charging 250 more than what I can get it for online after shipping and transfer.

I hate LGS's and I hope they die because they're doing it to themselves when they blame millenials like me for nonsense like this

Try to limp wrist a revolver, Sonny. What's that, a bad primer lead to a FTF? Guess you're just gonna have to pull the trigger again

Shut the fuck up, zoomer.

Dang nabbit, my cylinder froze up again
aww shucks, got lead in me eye cuz my shits all outta timing.

Guess you're gonna have to stop flicking the cylinder shut and start wearing eye protection, huh

Who here remembers the Zumbo affair?

Attached: fuud-viser.jpg (465x367, 92K)

>When target shooting make sure you don't over-clean your guns barrel you want to leave a little stuff in it to make sure it gets seasoned like a good ol cast iron pan

>I'd never carry one in the chamber, don't wanna shoot myself
>also make sure you only load 5 in a 6 shot revolver and keep the hammer down on the empty chamber. Makes sure it won't go off accidentally.

That has nothing to to with Fudd tho.
Being a Fudd is a political stance thing.

its fuddlore that overcleaning your barrel is bad for it.

But it can be if you are doing it improperly

Sort of true for .22lr
>t. notafudd

bullets don't travel in a straight line. that's why bore sights suck.

is it bad for my barrels if i attach the cleaning rod to a drill with a brass brush on the end and drill the fuck out of them to get all the carbon and rust out faster

Tell me how to get good at clays please? Ive got a cheap cz o/u in 20 and a ratty thrower a friend gave me. Most ive been able to shoot in a row is 10 but its not like ive done an actual course.

fake expert
That has no impact on how effective they are at getting guns on paper at 50 yards

practice. Thats really it.

>Be at gun show
>Fudd with table of M1 garands and carbines
>Overhear him trying to sell a carbine to a gen Y n00b
>"You won't find an M1 Car-byne for any less than 4,000 bucks. Hell, I'm working at a loss selling you this one for 3,500"
>Gen Y eating it up, but doesn't have the money
>I look over, it's a basic bitch late ww2 or post war rifle, been reworked at an arsenal at some point
>Type 3 barrel band, late war sights, low wood
>Boomer says, "son, if you can't afford real history, then go buy one o' them commie guns"

theyre a waste of money and time compared to just sending a bullet

if real, based and based range owner

yes

Like the first reply said Practice. When you shoot clays, though it's hard to explain, don't aim with the bead, aim with you're body and the line of the gun. Swing smooth with the gun and lead you're targets and determine what size shot load and whatever choke works best with you.
I recommend on getting a 12ga even if it's a field Maverick 88 with a set of chokes to interchange for sporting clays which you'll want to swap out station to station depending on the distance and angle of the throws. Be fluid and not jerk your gun and continue to follow the target even after you shoot (a lot easier to do with a over under or semi;low recoil). Leading will come natural to you over time.

Practice with you're thrower and put a kick line on it and place the thrower 16 yards in front of you and come at it with different angles.

The original comment was about target shooting, not barrel health. Consistency is key with target shooting. Excessive cleaning leads to excessive variability. If you're a good enough shot and keep records of rounds shot and cleanings, you will see your groups open up when the barrel is either extremely clean or extremely dirty.

Just found this gem looking for a holster on Amazon.

Attached: WTF moron.png (990x607, 772K)

Attached: Binder Of Grenades.png (1191x1755, 450K)

>Brother-in-law total Pennsyltucky Fudd
>Been talking for years about this gun he had "sent out for work"
>Finally comes in, looks kinda like pic related
>began life as an 1896 Krag
>Has Mannlicher stock, jeweled bolt, top-mount scope, super-deep mirror bluing.
>"Hurr durr its a thousand-dollar gun!"
>Discreetly walk over to the computer with my nephew
>TFW sporterized Krags, even nice ones, selling for hundreds less

Dumbass also thought nothing about getting old shotguns reblued and restocked

Attached: Krag.jpg (1024x351, 33K)

Get the fuck out nonwhite.

Classic

Wow that fucking idiot repaired guns and refinished them to keep rust under control? WHAT A FOOL!

Attached: 1542653301634.jpg (750x723, 44K)

I hate to say this... but....
My 82 yo uncle got a Ruger LCP from my aunt for their anniversary.
He sent me a text saying he liked shooting the gun but wasn’t going to carry it and it was going to have to stay in the safe because it didn’t have a manual safety so it wasn’t safe to have a bullet in the chamber.

>Range owners wife gave me a handie in the washroom
>Everybody claps

>Be at Wal-Mart with friend getting fishing stuff
>Friend grabs a gun magazine for whatever reason
>At check out some fat old fuck sees magazine
>Hey have yall seen that bullpup pistol?
>i say "uh the bond arms one or whatever"
>"ya ya im gonna get me one of those, make it more powerful, probably a 45. You can't get anything more powerful than a 45 unless you get a cannon"

Are there actual bore tip sights that aren't those tapered things?

>go to former LGS/sporting goods store [they went out of business]
>ask man behind the gun counter if they carried 7.62x39
and i shit you not these were his exact words. "Naw, we dont carry that NATO stuff. Plus that NATO stuff is hard to get."

I actually had one today, I went to a gun show.
>picking around ar parts at one guys booth
>looking at barrels for muh poorfag build
>old dude walks up and starts talking in the old ass mumble tone
>"we got lotsa parts here!"
>ok whatever dude
>dude picks up a barrel and points at the labelling
>"oh well this one here's a .223 wyyyllldd, that ain't gonna fire no 556!"
>lol whatever dude
I ended up buying a bcg off him.

Attached: sddefault.jpg (640x480, 54K)

Are you implying it's bad to reblue or refinish a rifle that's finish is fucked or faded?
That's about the dumbest thing I've heard on Jow Forums in a long time.
I just reblued three guns in the last week that were each over 70 years old. Each one looked practically brand new.

>my wife and I are looking for a gun club to sight our guns and practice.
>We find one about 15 miles from us
>Meet the old fudd president of the club
>He complains about lack of memberships
>He complains about club house needing massive repairs
>He complains about any gun made after 1989.
>Complains that people my age aren't into the sport and it's dying
>Wife and I don't care and tell him we willing to join out of desperation and make a generous donation
Boomer says "you need to know someone personally to get into the club"
>Leave never go back

For the record, a fudd is someone who shoots guns but only believes the ones that they like should be legal and will willingly throw all others under the bus.

Even though most tend to be boomers, age alone is not the determining factor.

Just because someone only owns or prefers lever guns and revolvers doesnt make someone a fudd.

Just because someone only uses guns exclusively to hunt doesnt make someone a fudd.

Hell being a fat out of shape pink faced asshole to new shooters who dont see eye to eye with you doesnt even necessarily make them a fudd even if it definitely makes them trash.

Its when they when they start to rally against and condemn AR-15s and "assault weapons" or guns they dont like, or ignorantly think the 2nd amendment has more to do with ones right to hunt than provide the American people a means to oppose tyranny and ensure that the govt doesnt have a monopoly on lethal force that they become a true fudd.

>TL;DR boomers that just like hunting and old guns aren't fudds. Fudds are shooters who betray the 2nd amendment in hopes of keeping their sporting guns.

And I'd bet money he doesn't realize the connection there.

If you're doing it regularly, yes. But if you bring home a dirty old girl then once may be necessary.

>flicking the cylinder shut
Does that actually do anything? I’ve never had a problem with any of my revolvers. Wouldn’t bad timing have to come from a manufacturing defect? I clean all mine pretty well and barely more than a light flick of the wrist is required to close the cylinder, id be surprised if that did more damage to the firearm than 65kpsi magnum loads. Or is it that my oldest revolvers are probably only from the mid 80s?

>carry the gun with the hammer down on an empty chamber
This is true for older revolvers without a transfer bar and the firing pin on the hammer. You can fire the pistol by knocking the back of the hammer. Think it may have to be single action too, don’t know if double action revolvers with a hammer mounted firing pin would do this

if you google their reviews theyre still at it to this day

Hunting doesn't make you an innate fudd you fucking moron. Fucking day/k/are

>Fudd stories. Now.

I was on this prawn cocktail appreciation forum on the hyperlie and this fudd told me all you need is an AR made from aluminium in 5.56 with a red dot and a 9mm semi automatic made out of plastic
>zoomer run place
Things that don't exist (and that is all good)

Not him but directions of applied force is important. I honestly am not super familiar with revolvers but for optics, theyre much more sensitive to losing zero when hit from the side than long ways because theyre not designed for force from that direction

>hoppes contains ammonia which can weaken metal and shouldnt be used on milsurp

Thanks Muslimbro

>I modified my gun and now it doesn’t fit standard things 3/5 stars
Fucking idiot reviewers

This

You can damage the crane or damage the little bit that indexes it. Can't remember the terminology or even find it, but this little doodad

Attached: revolver.jpg (560x482, 30K)

>owner believes handgun design peaked at the .357 magnum revolver
He wasn't wrong though.

We call them knots

>It disengages the safety that I added
Almost like it's telling him something

Most would be NY NJ PA MD OH and FL as they tire of winter

I think it’s actually called the indexer. I don’t load my revolvers that way, was only trying to describe how little force is required to close them.

>Schofield
try to flick them closed and you get 45colt all over the floor

>I've had fudds try and convince me that revolvers were more reliable than semi-autos
Because they are, you mongoloid. Autoloading pistols are pretty darn reliable these days, but mechanically they cannot be as reliable as revolvers. Autoloading pistols must, through an automated process, extract a spent shell from the chamber, eject this shell, and then feed a fresh round from the magazine into the chamber. All there of these processes are done manually on a revolver before/after actually firing it. Sure, revolvers have a handful of unique ways they can fail, but these failures are much less common than an autoloading pistol failing to perform one or more of the previously mentioned steps.

We’ve got a boomer shop in my town, and a zoomed shop that opened up last year.

The boomer is some former cop, he really only sells fudd guns and he asks you a lot about what you’re buying them for. The zoomers just show you ARs they’ve built and joke about fucked up shit while selling you some kickass aesthetic guns. It’s fucking based, about as close to a Jow Forums gun store as I’ve ever gotten to see.

Not really though, it’s just about perfect for people who only target shoot and hunt once a year.
>They only buy one box of ammo, and that’s for hunting
>Use ammo left over from last year to sight in rifle that hasn’t been touched in over a year
>Use a bore sight so you dont have to waste “precious” ammo
My dad does this. But I works, out to about 25 or 50 yards, enough for hunting.

>overpriced shitholes trying to sell 9mm for 20cpr
That's actually a pretty darn decent price for buying 9mm in a brick and mortar store. You should see what other gun shops charge. 16 cpr would be a pretty decent deal for buying 9mm ammo in bulk online while it's on sale; realize that a brick and mortar store can't, as in cannot, sell 9mm at the same price as that unless they, like the online retailers that sell ammo for that price, buy hundreds of thousands of rounds at a time.

My single shot shotgun is more reliable than your revolver
Checkmate, atheist

Is meant to reply to

>The zoomers just show you ARs
how do you sage a gun shop

This. Also most “failures” on an autoloader can be solved by not limp wristing it

>The boomer is some former cop, he really only sells fudd guns and he asks you a lot about what you’re buying them for
I had my gunsmith do that to me for an all original chinese sks he offered for a steal. After I mentioned it that it was going to stay factory it became apparent he just wanted to know I wasnt going to butcher it. Im not upset about it but your guy was probably just being a condescending cunt.

Yes, that genuinely damages revolvers. It can bend the crane (though it's more apt to be damaged by flicking the cylinder open rather than close) and also bend the locking bolt. Note that it's typically more damaging to larger revolver than smaller ones, as the larger, heavier cylinders are more apt to have the crane/locking bolt bend, but it's still entirely possible to damage either of these things by flicking shut a snubnose.
Anyways, flicking the cylinder shut is much like referring to a magazine as a "clip" in the sense that it's a litmus test which lets others know you're unfamiliar with firearms.

>he asks you a lot about what you’re buying them for

Maybe he just wants to chat. zoomers and milennials are 99% shitbags though so I wonder why he'd bother instead of selling them a high margin pos ar or 9mm semi

>>also make sure you only load 5 in a 6 shot revolver and keep the hammer down on the empty chamber. Makes sure it won't go off accidentally.
That's true for older revolver which BOTH have the firing pin on the hammer AND don't have some kind of transfer bar safety. Nearly all double action revolvers from WW2 on have some kind of trigger safety so that it's safe to carry with the hammer resting on a loaded chamber. Old single action revolvers (colt single action army, its clones, very old Ruger Blackhawks, etc) all lack any form of safety feature and are therefore unsafe to carry on a loaded chamber.

That's why you should know the approximate distance where the bullet dropping would line up with the barrel and then bore-sight it from that distance. That, or know how many inches up/down the bore should be from where the bullet would actually be at a closer distance.