Jow Forumsareers

What are the best jobs for those of us who cannot get enough of guns, milsurp, and anything tacticool?
Requirements: Not being a Fed, has to pay better than and Army E1 Soldier

Attached: 123123123.jpg (750x593, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ice.gov/hsi
ice.gov/doclib/careers/pdf/investigator-brochure.pdf
ice.gov/ero
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

army e-2

>has to pay better than and Army E1 Soldier

Imagine not being college educated

Not wrong

Welfare govt brainlet dicklet poor faggots pls leave

Leftypol go

Finishing up grad school to be a librarian/archivist, and I work at my universities' library.

Now doing an internship at the Air Force Academy. Presently working on a collection about Aerial Reconnaissance and Photo Interpretation during WWI. Shit is so cash.

It's about the worst paying master's degree there is, but I love the work. Just started, but will share any photos of interests here.

Pic related is my work environment.

Attached: AFA-SC.jpg (768x576, 144K)

I have an interview with the fire Dept on Monday, lads. Can I get a "hell yeah brother"?

I've been thinking about looking into what it would take to become a hunting guide somewhere nice like the mountains. Anyone know what goes into this?

Private security.
>tfw get paid to sit in a room glancing at cameras in between shitposting all night long

Hotel front desk
>tfw get paid to sit in a room shitposting all night long

Waiting for FAA to start ATC training. May join my states Air Guard and finish my 4 year in Aviation

Private Military Contractor.
>tfw get paid to do what Jow Forums fantasizes about for hundreds upon hundreds of dollars a day.
Feels good, man.

>Private Military Contractor.

Attached: 0b4.jpg (453x576, 39K)

>theres no way someone here could do this one thing that loads of other people do.

Ok, bud.

Attached: Screenshot_20180805-180034.jpg (335x444, 123K)

Imagine thinking you have to be college educated to make more than $20,000 a year.

>Anyone know what goes into this?
know how to hunt
look for job openings a bit before hunting season in popular hunting destinations

Hell yeah brother

Best job in the world. I just got done hanging out in Seattle after the firefighter stairclimb. (Literally our "fleet week".) I headed home but I've done it for years. Last I heard we lost our LT but they found him sleeping in an alley and our Captain had to be tucked into bed. Now that the officers are done for the kids are keeping the party raging.

It's literally a bro frat, where you get to do cool shit and get paid 6 figures to work 10 days a month.

Good luck bro, it's not all fun but it literally is winning the lottery in life.

God that's cool. Thanks dude!

Attached: 1550982855569.jpg (652x680, 138K)

Second this. I don't know anyone with crazier party stories than my coworkers. Plus almost every one has a side hustle. My buddy made $60k in the first 3 months of the year working real estate on the side while making $100k plus per year as a Firefighter/Paramedic.

Maybe exploration geologist? You spend inordinate amounts of time camping in the middle of nowhere and carry a gun in some bear-infested locales.

>What are the best jobs for those of us who cannot get enough of guns, milsurp, and anything tacticool?

toilet cleaner in a gunshop

Bump

I make six figures and I dropped out of high school to get my GED and begin working.
Job is nowhere near Jow Forums related but I can afford pretty much anything I want that's firearms related without having to think twice.

Any LEO that can tell me what its really like being on a SWAT team?

>How is the selection process handled?
>How many years does it take to apply in most cases?

Feel free to burst my bubble, sitting here I think it would be an interesting career swap.

Full time SWAT in a big city? Hah good luck. Auxiliary duty SWAT for small/medium towns (many agencies combine to assemble SWAT team for callout)? Not difficult. Tryout revolves around cardio and basic shooting. Must have cleared probation status with current department

Assuming you mean big city teams are a Boomer popularity favor contest full of subpar retards who are just there to secure jobsecurity and overtime :^)

I really just want to get paid to train and sit around on standby, not even really worried if I never get seriously called in.

Yes exactly. Auxiliary SWAT here trains 2x a month. You're still working patrol like any other schmuck. The training is cool/fun, but far from highspeedfulltimeoper8tor status

Saving the thread for more recs

So are you daddy's money, thousands of dollars in debt, or a child prodigy user

Private Security, seconded. I also vote Mercenary.

Whats ur job?

>tfw graduating in May and have no clue what to do with my life and no valuable skills because meme degree
jesus christ im so retarded it hurts so bad

HVAC installer. Just look for entry level positions on craigslist, most companies hire guys with zero experience.
You'll probably start around $15-$19/hr depending on what state you're in. You should get an average of $2-$5 a year raise again depending on state.
I went from $19/hr to $45/hr in 5 years.
After bonuses and spiffs I make about $115,000 pre-tax.

Nice dap pads faggots

MS student in economic geology here. How much in $/day should I ask for a summer position in Alaska working as a junior exploration geo? Don't mind the work but can't work on my thesis if I'm working and it's not an "internship" so I'm not technically there to learn.

Full time SWAT jock here.... Being a operator full time means working out at the gym 2-3 times a day, daily runs, and staying at ten top of your health game.... The qualifications are rigorous.. to be a LEO you only have to shoot 80% on the pistol course... To even get into SWAT you need to have advanced pistol and rifle courses and be able to qualify 90% minimum after a 5 mile run..twice, back to back. I am certified as a sniper in my state, you have to qualify 100% with your rifle on targets at random ranges out to 700 yards ( not too bad , they are headshots out to 300 yards and body shots the rest of the distances on 3/4 steel targets)

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY FUCKING SHIT
I work at a library user, graduating with a bachelor's in cybersecurity in a month, FUCK libraries, I'm gonna be a fed. My manager gets paid like 30k, and the director gets maybe 50k more. My position gets 25k.

People PAY MONEY for a master's to do this shit. You don't even make back the school debt.

$150/day seems like a reasonable opening offer, but feel free to bump that down.

>Im so excited to make 25k a year
wtf. you're excited about getting minimum wage with your degree in cybersecurity that cost how much? what are you, a fucking security guard at the mall, of course, only temporary work until it's finished closing and demolished.

Industrial Engineer.
Not Jow Forums at all but it pays for hobbies so whatever.

Internships should be mostly about gaining experiance and building your resume. Look up what similar interns get paid and shoot for that.

Merchant Marine. Imagine being the living, breathing stereotype of what the Navy used to be. Travel the world, see exotic places, get drunk, bang hookers (optional), come home to spend your time buying guns or traveling more. You're basically a glorified mailman but damn do you get paid handsomely to be one.

Where are salaries this competitive? I am applying to a spot in Denver.

are you actually illiterate? I make that much now.

I always wondered about this user
how would one even start the processes to me a merchant marine?
also whats your home time like?

>he hasn't been a full scholar since middle school

Lmaoing at your lives.

Same. At least this is what I'm currently slotted for, but it's only gonna be a transitional means for me [nospoilersonk] to invade America and try for Option 40.[/nospoilersonk]

>$100k plus per year as a Firefighter/Paramedic
Bullshit, at least not without working at least 24 hours of overtime per week.

army E4

Have it on good authority that King County (WA) Sheriff's is going to be severely understaffed come next fiscal year. If you've got the stones for LE work it may be worth considering, they're going to be paying you a hell of a lot more than you're worth if you make the cut. LE and nursing are pretty much always in demand up here if you're interested in either.

How did it go, brother?

Becoming a policy advisor in hopes of shoring up 2A rights.

I dropped out of college and had a great scholarship to join my local PD. The pay and benefits were great and I wanted to get a head start, then finish school later on their dime so my dad wouldn't have to pay for it anymore. 4 months later, I found out I got denied during the application process. I'm terrified and don't know what to do now. The entire direction of the life I had intended for my girlfriend (who just got started on her nursing career, so I look like shit in comparison) and I has been washed away. My degree is in Finance but I couldn't give 2 shits about it. Wish me luck Jow Forumsommandos

Good luck friend

Is being a TSA officer a Jow Forumsapproved Jow Forumsareer?

Attached: TSA Officer.jpg (750x563, 59K)

>Get paid for 48 hour shifts
>Work maybe like 3 hours, and that is usually BLS shit you can just pass to medics
>Sleep, stuff your face, and/or jack off all shift
Yep, best job.

If you’re a retarded smooth-brain faggot with the intelligence of a rhesus monkey, sure.

>where you get to do cool shit and get paid 6 figures to work 10 days a month.
Literally why I hate unions with a burning passion.

I has a graduate degree but can't find no job.

Attached: Sadness.png (600x600, 192K)

trunk monkey for Brinks in NYC. beenderdundat

stupifyingly boring but got to wield a marine magnum in midtown manhattan/bronx

Do you need a CDL to do that?

What's your graduate degree in?

Public Admin.

literally atf tier

>pic unrelated

Attached: 036f45a5-c539-40e4-a1b7-95917e6af467..jpg (960x631, 96K)

i'm putting my name in the hat to join Border Patrol. it seems like a more meaningful job than being just a regular cop

Good luck.

Attached: Taco crucnh.jpg (640x473, 64K)

you have to be 18 to post here kiddo

Attached: 1472001080334.jpg (960x960, 119K)

The guy on the left lives on my old street. This photo is from Sandy Hook when he was a bomb tech. He’s a huge asshole.

Attached: B68AB338-B701-4EEF-B080-F7C73CA74B09.jpg (750x560, 96K)

Attached: F6948352-A0F1-4A48-B05B-AC9694A0E3DC.jpg (640x480, 223K)

thanks senpai. i have my interview/polygraph in two weeks.

This, Coast Guard, and ICE are jobs that are actually keeping us safe.

Attached: 1541196254144.png (800x533, 1.19M)

Attached: CC5D1109-3018-4CB9-A91D-DE2C9344E7C6.jpg (500x341, 47K)

i was embedded with those dudes for a bit last year. It was what ultimately made me decide to change careers

Attached: IMG_2925.jpg (4032x3024, 1.4M)

>half of ICE is full of Mexicans
What happens when you man the city walls with the very invaders who want to destroy them?

Attached: 1541907720453.jpg (650x650, 165K)

Lol why

Lol why not?

fast food. e-1 pays less than i make flipping burgers.

I'm getting close to graduating with a degree in Mechanical Engineering with a decent GPA. But every day that goes by makes me more and more sure that I can't live my life with a desk job.
Are there any (non-military) Jow Forums careers where having an engineering degree would be helpful or give a leg up?

You should have done civil engineering. They have lots of out-of-the-office jobs. Mechanical not so much.

No shit, find a job in a mine, particularly a remote one. Lots of use for mech e's in mine planning, but you might have to expand your skillset to include civil engineering and GIS.

I don't know why but the pic made me laugh like a fucking retard

>You should have done civil engineering.
But I already know how to set the sum of the forces equal to zero.

Is ICE worth looking into? I'm finishing school and want to be a LEO but not really into the Highway Patrol thing nor want to go back home and work in the county. Also how long does it take to get into the investigation side of things with ICE? I've heard some agencies are faster than others.

Attached: 110722-F-CY114-053.jpg (2400x1597, 344K)

Is loss prevention any good?
I'm a dumb pos.

most blue collar mexican americans are pretty racist toward mexican's and other browns

HSI is pretty based. but there is alot of steakouts and doing undercover shit

Darker*
t. Light skinned beaner

I dont speak the latino

>HSI is pretty based.
Can you explain more? well funded? duties?

Homeland Security Investigations. They do most of the heavy lifting when it comes to human trafficking, WMD interdiction and the like. they do the cool shit that isn't just rounding up beaners. they are a newer offshoot off ICE and there isn't much public knowledge about them

ice.gov/hsi

there is a brief overview of their mission on ICE's website. they are some pretty secret squirrel types

Do you think they hire out of college? I'm looking online and ICE seems to want people that have military or background in law enforcement. The only thing I have going for me is I speak a bit of a foreign language that might be useful for counterterrorism or immigration fraud ect

I assemble ars at a manufacturer. I occasionally get to go to the range and shoot them while on the clock.

Also, some of them are full auto. Gov contracts and shit.

i would look into getting a degree in homeland security. I'm going Border Patrol but I'm prior Army. I would look on USAjobs and see if they have openings for ICE

ice.gov/doclib/careers/pdf/investigator-brochure.pdf

Go into Manufacturing. Still spend a lot of time on the plant floor

Too late i'm about to graduate. I mean it's a gov job so i'm sure they're happy to have a degree.
That was helpful, user, thank you. I saw the list of preferred degrees mines not on there but I won't let that dissuade me. This looked pretty interesting
>ice.gov/ero

NP user, I don't know too much about ERO except they are the ones that trigger the fuck out of portland antifa. I wouldn't want to do customs. they mostly sit at the POE's and suck fumes all day. ERO seems like a pretty based job though.

this is another pic i snagged from one of the POE's in south AZ

Attached: IMG_2641.jpg (4032x3024, 2.57M)