This is the ideal projectile. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like

Attached: 20 musket balls.jpg (640x515, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states#Mississippi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

needs dimples for extra drag reduction.

ball boi doesn’t even into superior minie ball
Fag

Attached: 932B700A-A219-4FA8-A6D0-DC6A565AB43D.jpg (700x539, 28K)

I would legit rather get shot by almost any common rifle cartridge than by one of these.

thats because youre a brainlet

based

Attached: Wallen_wounded_by_Minie_ball.jpg (600x405, 56K)

Cringe and bluepilled. Getting shot in the chest by musket roundshot is preferable to getting shot in the chest by REAL FUCKIN' NATO, gay and sage.

Attached: 1550754688129.jpg (500x375, 39K)

if only we had more time anons.

Attached: DEL80Ut.gif (645x773, 16K)

Fag

Attached: 1551564036729.jpg (597x699, 84K)

>half men
>half the supplies
>still 2:1 k/d

yea great victory zerg rushing undefended women and children.

>he thinks war is like call of Duty and k:d matters

Cry more, traitor

>"betray" the central government to defend my state family and home

I'm ok with this. Now answer this: How does King George's cock taste?

>betray your country and the basic idea of human liberty to defend upper class aristocrats right to own people

I bet it tastes regal af

>CIVIL WAR WAS ABOUT SLAVERY GUYS

Attached: 317.png (500x501, 90K)

explain

>implying it wasn't
Confederate states had LESS rights than Union ones. Not by a lot, but their constitution was almost identical, except that no state anywhere could prevent or impede slavery from being practiced in the form it was being practiced in at the time. They even had the same laws about not allowing states to form agreements or confederacies (By name!) with each other or foreign powers. Literally the same exact wording that allowed the Union to go beat the shit out of the confederacy prevented sub-confederacies from forming.

probably better than what you suck daily

Ironic because Robert E. Lee resolved to the loss like a gentlemen and never looked back.
He even scolded people who still tried to keep the spirit of the Confederacy alive post-war.

Pic is also ironic because Sherman hated people that cried and cheered for war, especially those that have never even seen it or fought in one.
He'd more than definitely hate people that use his image and actions to further belittle their own countrymen's suffering.

Attached: 1424379772358.jpg (1920x1080, 638K)

I get this bait, but it's really dumb bait. The states seceding were pretty clear that they were seceding to still hold slaves. It's right there in their articles of secession. You can read it yourself here :
battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states#Mississippi

>Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove.

Attached: alarmed faucet.jpg (650x623, 23K)

I just wanted to have a discussion about balls and Jow Forums turns it into a debate about the casus belli of the Civil War. Like wtf, how?

Attached: what the fucking fuck.png (207x365, 34K)

Not him, but I completely understand the slavery element that fueled the war, but it's also worth noting that the emancipation proclamation wasn't issued until halfway into the war.
It was sort of used as a military necessity that can almost be analogous to the bombing of Dresden in the sense that it's used to garner support and hopefully start an upheaval from the inside of the enemy country.

The war was about state's rights, God given as our constitution says, and those rights were threatened to be taken away or controlled.
A good modern but not equal comparison for understanding can be this: Gun rights.
To some they're outdated and to others they're life & death, the thin line between a democratic republic and a dictatorship.
Some are perfectly happy with giving them up while others would rather fight and die to protect that right.

It's unfair to say that the war was solely about the slaves and or freeing the slaves in my opinion.

Attached: Sabine_Pass-Confederate_battery.jpg (2024x1284, 336K)

>This is the ideal projectile. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.
That's not really discussion material, OP.
It's more of a statement and personal opinion that you're just sharing.

Attached: Springfield Model 1861.jpg (1999x841, 475K)

Now if only we had a way of launching those ball bearings say like a RAIL GUN.

It's a shame Jow Forums is in denial about their existence.

>never looked backed

"Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory, there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me. Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox with my brave men, my sword in my right hand."

>The war was about state's rights,
The right for aristocrats to keep slaves. Not state's rights at all really.

>I completely understand the slavery element
>But I'm going to pretend it didn't really exist because it's devastating to my argument

But don't take my word for it, lets ask Alexander Stepehns the Vice president for the Confederacy what it was all about :
>ur new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. [Crowd applauded.] This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

>The consolidation of the States into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.- Robert E Lee to Lord Acton

>every state seceded for the same reason

You know Virginia originally rejected secession but then voted overwhelmingly voted for it in response to Lincolns unconstitutional aggression.

Cool I can quote mine too.

>My paramount object in this struggleisto save the Union, and isnoteither to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeinganyslave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeingallthe slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union - Abe Lincoln

And is everybody in war moving with one collective consciousness, with one goal in mind?
They all set out to fight for whatever it is they believe in as an individual.
Some because they find it fun, other because of bravado, many because they want to uphold their civic duty.
My point? It's unfair to say that an entire nation of people are all fighting for a one purpose alone.

Like I said, I don't deny the slavery element, but I reiterate, it's unfair to say that the war was solely about the slaves and or freeing the slaves.

I believe my 2nd amendment gun analogy still holds water when trying to help others understand that this is and was not a black and white issue, it's gray.

Yeah but that just sort of proves my point. The South went to war to in order that aristocrats could keep slaves and not have to pay decent wages to white men and the North went to war to keep the union together.
The war was still about slaves, due to the principle of cause and effect.

Can I have a source on that quote?

I agree, but that doesn't argue against the fact that Lee was a staunch believer in stepping down when the fight was obviously lost and moving on with your life.

>what is the Tarrif of Abomination

The cultural and political divide between the north and south was much greater than just slavery.

>And is everybody in war moving with one collective consciousness, with one goal in mind?
Well, I mean it does seem like every state and politician articulated very well that the reason they were going to war was to keep their slaves.

And no one really gives a shit what Private Dogface McGinty thought he was going to war for. But I bet if you could go back and ask him, he would say it was about slavery.

Why can't you just admit, when presented with mountains of primnary sources. that the South seceded primarily over slaves?

"To Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (September 1870), as quoted in The Life and Letters of Robert Lewis Dabney, pp. 497-500"

He definitely knew it was over and acted honorably in defeat however it's safe to say he wasnt happy about it and he knew the terrible consequences of it

The tariff enacted in 1828 was overturned by a new compromise law in 1833. For twenty years they wrangled over it, but it was a dead issue by the time of the civil war.
Try harder next time, fag. Or just kill yourself you historically illiterate cunt.

>illusting a pattern of tension over decades isnt relevant

dumbass

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.
As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.
I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.
I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yeah wtf
I cast 36 and 44 cal conical balls for my smoky boi’s
I don’t get why they call them that, but whatever. They work well.

Attached: D754B70C-43C2-4E13-A831-CF0C76BA7763.jpg (880x660, 34K)

It’s literally the most skubtastic of all arguments in this entire country. Any mention of the civil war is bound to bring swarms of autists from all sides

>Any mention of the civil war is bound to bring swarms of autists from all sides

yes especially from the yankee side

>skub
Oh shit nigga
I ain’t thought about them antiskub faggots inna minute

>I just can't accept the mountains of primary sources and evidence that The Lost Cause Of The South is bullshit and the war was all about aristocrats wanting to keep humans as cattle and keep wages for free whites as low as possible
>Everyone else is the autist
Ok.

The army actually tried it. turns out it doesn't work well at supersonic speeds.

>rich man's war
>poor man's fight

>if I keep saying ARISTOCRACT maybe I'll spook him into accepting my narrative

yea let's not pretend that it wasnt a rich mans war in the north either.

DO IT AGAIN, UNCLE BILLY

>primary sources are a made up narrative

I guess confederates are NPCs too.

Not only was the civil war about slavery but the aristocracy was thinking about exterminating the lower class whites who they saw as a lower race of Anglo saxons to them who they believed were Normans

>civil war was about slavery
O I am laffin

Attached: C7BB748A-31D0-4903-8D9F-86A0843885DD.jpg (500x333, 52K)

It's amazing how little you people read of what the actual confederates wrote about their cause.
The only functional difference between the confederacy and the union at the time they seceded was that their literal copypaste of the US constitution included having slaves as a god given right that no state could ever challenge. As opposed to the union side, where states actually did have rights related to the issue and what they wanted to do with it as a state.
The confederacy even moved to block secession from the confederacy, and had explicit bans on states entering into alliances with each other or any nation beyond the confederacy.

It's amazing how little you people read of OP and don’t post and discuss BP projectiles

>abloo hoo hoo t-the south will rise again

DO IT AGAIN UNCLE BILLY

Those are minié balls, not round shot. They engage the rifling in the barrel and are accurate to 400 yards. They also yaw and deform severely inside the body and cause horrific injuries.

I agree. Why is everyone saying the mine ball was more damaging? I imagine all things being equal, the ball of soft lead would expand and deform causing a more grievous wound cavity.

A cone of soft lead also expands and deforms, but it has a directed point and a significant rifled spin.

It's also traveling faster than a round ball, so it will deform even more.

>niggers
>people

>there was no decades of escalating tensions due to tariffs, taxation, and lopsided laws
O I am still laffin

Attached: 070A8EBE-5A0F-48BA-B00B-8B0D96CE2334.jpg (700x700, 127K)

>flagrantly disregarding settled agreements to do humanitarian good by fiat
The niggers are irrelevant, it's tyranny.

OP is a faggot

Abe Lincoln, who could have called off the war with a wave of his hand, saying he didn't give a shit who was enslaved doesn't prove to you that it was about more than slavery?

>one side wants to separate because slavery looks like it's on its way out
>other sides leader doesn't care about slavery, but doesn't want them to separate
>this means they didn't try to separate because of slavery, and slavery wasn't the cause of the war
Nah.

>one side wants to separate because slavery looks like it's on its way out
You fundamentally do not understand what happened. They had an agreement to not admit any more anti-slave states, and then the federal government admitted another anti-slave state.

Might as well call the revolutionary war a war about a tea company being too big to fail, or taxes in general, really, since it's not about principles but material matters.

The agreement that had been going was one yes, one no. The only reason this had happened was because slavery was on its way out and wasn't benefiting most citizens anyway, even in the south.

Pssst. The confederates had the same laws except that no state could make any further laws related to slavery.

I agree that it was attempted tyranny from the south, who were trying to force the country to maintain an institution that most of the country didn't want. The fact that slavery was even still legal at the time was a lopsided concession that the South didn't deserve.

>The agreement that had been going was one yes, one no
Are you fucking retarded? You think that the US government, at the time of the CSA's secession, had one vote from every member of the not-yet-established "union" states collectively, and one vote from every member of the not-yet-established CSA states combined?

Are you literally braindead retarded? Seriously?

Brothers, please...

Attached: 1551649689004.jpg (521x514, 83K)

They literally let states in two at a time, at one point. One with slaves, one without.

There's really not anything else to talk about with lead balls or minie balls.

Attached: 3d6.jpg (500x500, 95K)

And why, exactly, would one more anti-slavery state be so much of a problem to the south if their cause had nothing to do with slavery?

>nothing to do with slavery
Who in the fuck ever said that, retard?

A lot of people, in this very thread, even.

Would the US even be a thing if we didn't revolt over taxes? Was it over taxes?

Literally, if they had just lightened up on the taxes, would we be living in the US right now? Do you understand that a powderkeg is not ignited by its' constituent volatile compounds?

Quote one person who said the civil war HAD NOTHING TO DO with slavery. Saying it's NOT ABOUT slavery is not saying it HAD NOTHING TO DO with slavery. Words have meaning.

And now you're trying to weasel out of it. It's okay, we know you're retarded.

I wish my Great great grand dad would have killed yours before he got the chance to breed.

You aren't making the point you think you're making.
The slavery issue was a longstanding problem, and the South's position of having slaves had been tenuous for a long time. Most of the country didn't want slaves. Every time new states were added, they were forced to either have slaves or not have slaves based entirely on not fucking with the slavery status quo. The final push to get rid of slavery is what started the civil war. The only laws that the confederacy made sure to not keep the same as the union all had to do with slavery. Their states were restricted from leaving the confederacy or making laws that interfered with what the central government was allowed to do, which was a direct copy of what the Union federal government could do.

I wish your great great grand dad was part of a military that could actually afford to give him a gun to fight my great great grand dad.

>And why, exactly, would one more anti-slavery state be so much of a problem to the south if their cause had nothing to do with slavery
>And now you're trying to weasel out of it

>implying half the zoomers who argue about the civil war causes are even descended from veterans of it.
They're probably all children of immigrants from around the turn of the century or after ww2

>you aren't making the point you think you're making
>slavery
K, next.

What's your point? You're trying to weasel out of the claim that the war had nothing to do with slavery when the one thing that started the war was slavery related, and the special laws made by the confederacy were all slavery defending ones.

>there was a big powderkeg
>but all of it was slavery related
>and then an anti-slavery thing happened and that set it off
>but it's not slavery
K

>You're trying to weasel out of the claim that the war had nothing to do with slavery
Literally no one made this claim. Go find a single poster that did.

>I don't know about any factors in the civil war except slavery
>therefore that's all it was about
>dunning-kruger

>final push to get rid of slavery

the Republican party was found on stoping the spread of slavery as slave states would give more votes to Democrats in Congress. The party by in large didnt give a shit about slavery in existing slave states.

Here's a couple of low effort ones, they're all you deserve.
Now, Cleetus, don't forget to tell your cousin-wife's son about how the south fought for freedom and nothing else, just like your uncle-dad told you.

>Raped and murdered women and children
>The good guy

Go toaster bath Yankee scum

Go read the declaration of secession from any state and get back to me on what they say.

Attached: texas statement of secession.jpg (1024x683, 165K)

And that's relevant how? They could have been doing it out of the goodness of their hearts (Except politicians don't have those) and it wouldn't change what was actually happening. Slavery was on the way out.

How’s any of this gay shit relevant?
I just wanna talk about lead boolits

So why aren't you?
Oh wait, it's because everything that could be said has been said. Yeah, they were lead. Yeah, they were round until they started being conical. Yeah, they hit like a motherfucker and tore up a lot of guys.

Eat shit, skub 4 lyfe Holmes.