This thread is for preparing (aka prepping) for emergency situations (aka SHTF)

This thread is for preparing (aka prepping) for emergency situations (aka SHTF).

Feel free to discuss topics relating to the 6 categories that are effected; Defense, water, food, medical, shelter, and communications.

To start the thread I'll ask some questions and post some links to useful links and PDFs.

Defense: Do you have many firearms stockpiled or just a few? Do you choose calibers based on how easy they are to stockpile? Do you even have a stock of ammunition?

Water: How much water do you have? How do you store it? If you don't have water, how do you plan to get it? And how do you plan to make it safe to drink?

Food: How much food do you have? What is your go to method of preservation (canning, mylar bags, #10 cans, etc)? Do you go straight for calories, or try to keep nutrition in mind? Do you rotate your food, and set and forget?

Medicine: Do you have medical training? Do you stock medication as well as trauma supplies? Do you have health concerns that you prepare for?

Shelter: Do you know how to build shelters in the wilderness? What preps do you have to protect you from the environment (this can be a discussion of close, shoes, milsurp jackets, tents, emergency blankets, bivys/sleeping bags, or methods to start fires)? Have you been camping in extreme temperatures? Have you actually used your preps in the wilderness?

Coms: Do you have radios? Do you know how to use your radios? Do you have other methods of coms (like whistles or flares) and have you ever tried to use them to communicate?

BONUS: Literature and precious metals. Do you have literature on being prepared for an emergency? Is it hard copy? Have you actually read it yet? Do you have a store of wealth put away in case the grid goes down or the stock market crashes? Do you use crypto to protect your wealth?

>I'll post the links in the first reply

Attached: 1543531838976.jpg (1589x1080, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/MEGA-Dokument
archive.org/details/military-manuals
pssurvival.com/PS/index.htm
hesperian.org/books-and-resources/#
edgeryders.eu/t/autarky-library-499-free-e-books/8791
mega.nz/#!S04hgT7B!XSkLroEQVtUHQfLyi2KzZJbbLHUVbx2NN3K1DZl_8oY
ultimatesniper.com/free-books-articles/free-books/
globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-05-70.pdf
i.4cdn.org/k/1552250046086.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU
youtube.com/watch?v=HM9Wy8CGVNo
youtube.com/watch?v=ks00XG3n7yM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

archive.org/details/MEGA-Dokument

archive.org/details/military-manuals

pssurvival.com/PS/index.htm

hesperian.org/books-and-resources/#

edgeryders.eu/t/autarky-library-499-free-e-books/8791

mega.nz/#!S04hgT7B!XSkLroEQVtUHQfLyi2KzZJbbLHUVbx2NN3K1DZl_8oY

ultimatesniper.com/free-books-articles/free-books/

globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/

fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-05-70.pdf

Poorfags should get a IAC Hawk or Pardner Protector for ~$150, case of 100 birdshot rounds ($22) and some canning paraffin ($4) to make wax slugs. They are severely underrated rounds. You can kill anything with those.

Has anyone ever done ballistic tests on wax slugs?
I'd hate to wait until SHTF, or my untimely demise pre-SHTF, to find out they don't work.

Yeah
Taofladermaus did some good ones, along with IV8888 who first brought the concept mainstream

>Defense

well assuming I can escapee the city and make it to my parents place innawoods, it is in a very defendable valley. Dad has mostly fudd guns, but I have other shit too. Need to stock on more ammo though.

>water

we have a creek so no issue there

>food

we have a farm, an orchard, and a huge garden area so we are good there

>medical

My gf has a medical background, and my dad used to work in a vet clinic, so he can probably do shit like stitches at least.

>shelter

Home innawoods, duh

>communications

Here I got nothing. Need to work on it.

And all of this assumes I make it out of the city alive.

Attached: __murica__by_mkgraphics-d5ifhdj.jpg (223x300, 19K)

I'll post some info graphs to bump. But they PDFs have more useful info than you'll ever be able to read.

I think I saw the one where they shot a printer, but I wasn't fully convinced.

Attached: amputation.jpg (600x1194, 646K)

Attached: blast injuries for dummies.jpg (1715x1754, 1.66M)

Attached: blunt force trauma for dummies .jpg (1919x2222, 2.44M)

Attached: burns for dummies.jpg (1299x2100, 1.69M)

Attached: cuts for dummies.png (1006x2165, 451K)

Finally a thread thats not shit posting

It’s 100 high power rounds for ~20cpr
It’s not gunna compare with slugs and buckshot for penetration, but it is devastating for cheap nonetheless. It also is one of the best if you are concerned with over penetration.

>Defense
I’ve got ammo for every gun I own but have focused on common calibers to truly stockpile. .22lr 9mm, 5.56, 308, 12g
>water
I have a pool. I do have at least a months supply in bottle and jugs.
Plus two different filtration systems.
>food
A three month supply.
>medical
A couple of first aid kits and some medical supplies.

> shelter
My house, plus a cabin two hours away from any major city and several tents.

>communications.
Just a storm radio and a cheap set of walkie talkies. Plus an old CB no one has used in at least a decade.
But it still turns on!

I mean, it's Jow Forums.

Attached: first aid kits for dummies.jpg (1168x3437, 1.71M)

Attached: gsw 4 dum dum 1.png (1906x1925, 423K)

Attached: hypohyperthermia for dummies.png (1420x2699, 723K)

Attached: snake bites for dummies.png (1322x2718, 521K)

Attached: bleach.jpg (700x1212, 545K)

Attached: boomer vs millennial debt and earnings.png (524x2121, 393K)

Attached: build bob.jpg (500x4865, 385K)

Attached: bunker construction.jpg (796x4075, 344K)

Attached: civil war.png (660x1673, 105K)

Attached: compost.jpg (797x3901, 1.63M)

Attached: diy water filter.jpg (2329x2994, 943K)

Attached: fish antibiotics.jpg (480x358, 36K)

Attached: gardening.jpg (1080x3225, 621K)

Attached: herbs that heal.jpg (1110x800, 301K)

finally a decent thread

Never found out what the red ones were.

Attached: household chemistry.jpg (4439x5845, 2.19M)

Attached: innawoods guide 1.png (1000x1200, 348K)

Attached: innawoods guide 2.png (1000x1200, 368K)

>defense
I own four handguns hand guns and have my fathers shotgun with a pretty decent amount of ammo on back stock
>water
I have two 55 gallon drums and eight 5 gallon jugs in my garage
>food
I have a bunch of canned and bagged food
>shelter
The ranch I grew up on. Its owned by my uncle and an hour an a half drive away
>coms
Ham radio at my uncles as well as the walkies I use for work
>Bonus
My uncle and I have a small library youve put together of books as well as the large amount of movies I have. As far as metals no I dont waste time with that because who is going to want gold or other shit over supplies

Attached: innawoods guide 3.png (1000x1200, 478K)

Attached: isreali bandage.jpg (1194x1001, 163K)

Attached: knots.jpg (787x964, 774K)

You can't figure out why caustic/corrosive personal care products might be bad?

>communications
>cheap set of walkie talkies
Work on that senpai

I didn't make those but feel free to elaborate.

Attached: knots 2.jpg (736x2128, 386K)

I remember people were discussing this map, but I don't remember if some consensus was reached.

Attached: likely nuke targets.jpg (2560x1620, 702K)

Attached: painkillers.jpg (2480x1754, 1.01M)

Attached: purify water.jpg (359x640, 73K)

Attached: radiation.png (1134x1333, 87K)

Attached: radios 1.png (900x1136, 616K)

Attached: radios 2.jpg (792x3458, 562K)

Attached: radios 3.png (800x1200, 324K)

so, if you've got a radio what will people be doing on these frequencies?

Attached: radios 4.jpg (816x1056, 212K)

Hopefully talking to people in their area during an emergency situation.

Attached: rescue identifiers.jpg (1024x512, 68K)

Attached: safe filters.png (2020x832, 1.59M)

Attached: sutures.jpg (904x1069, 173K)

Attached: useful maps.jpg (3061x4482, 1.26M)

Attached: vegitables.jpg (770x5634, 860K)

Attached: weather forecast.jpg (1208x2579, 800K)

Will your creek be used by other people?
And are you planning on purifying it somehow?

>city
Oof. No lie, I would save a bunch of vacation days or something so that if I saw the stock market take a hard drop or something, I'd go visit parents or a friend. Might be something to think about since you'll need to be heading out before everyone else.

Attached: city disaster.jpg (800x600, 121K)

Creek is only used by us, and we have tested it before. The only negative thing they found was a minuscule amount of e coli. Yeah if I sniff shit going down I'm headed innawoods.

>plus a cabin two hours away from any major city
Nice. What would it be like to travel there if there was an emergency? And do you keep preps there?

Attached: 1542406795499.webm (426x240, 2.92M)

If you're planning to bug out, do you have supplies there or do you have a way of transporting them?

So much of this pic is lewd to me.
I need help, bros

>communication
>dad has ham radio
>talks weekly with other fudds about trivial shit
i mean is there a use for ham radio? why would we need to talk to the ill equipped fudds in the suburbs? if its used to talk to army fags or some other organization, would we even want to talk to the gun grabbers at all?

>is there a use for ham radio?
It allows you to practice all of the skills and develop, acquire, and maintain the equipment and like-minded acquaintances you'll need if you ever have to set up a large regional communications network. Skills that you won't get from dicking around with a Baofeng.

Anyone have the original photo?

thanks Jow Forumsomrade i think i should learn about ham and get my licence in that case

>i mean is there a use for ham radio?
I'm glad you asked.
So, I was young when 9/11 happened, so I wasn't really effected in this way, but I've been told about it by my parents.
I live on the east coast, about 30 minutes north of DC.
There were no attacks near me. And there were no attacks on the communications infrastructure. However, all up and down the east coast, and a degree inland, cell phones were completely unusable because of the shear volume of people trying to call others.
Remember, this was just 3 attacks, the most southern was PA. But it was effecting people, even in Georgia, who couldn't call loved ones or family, much less EMT or police.

And nowadays, iirc, even "landlines" aren't actually landlines anymore.

Attached: what happens when you rely on the gov.jpg (400x276, 21K)

(OP)
>Defense
Only thing that stands out is a M1919A4 converted to 7.62x51 with 'enough' ammo and spare barrels, the rest is so average anything else will do the same thing.

>water
Only stuff from a large-sized river less than a kilometre away, it's downstream from an industrial area though.

>food
Only what's in storage, virtually no workable land
>medical
Mostly personal medical equipment only, crapton of family members have medical backgrounds with open-chest surgery though.

>shelter
Thick-walled flat roof building with dominant angles on entry points into the street, no back alley and houses barely have any cover between them. There's pre-prepared window reinforcements and some barricading equipment.

>communications
Pair of RF-10 VHF manpacks with modded batteries, a R-123 transceiver with 10-meter antenna powered by lead-acid stuff, and a few Baofengs. Should work on getting some field-phone equipment though to minimize any gobbernment jamming.

Gas masks for 4 people, and surplus NBC suits for 10. One vehicle has an antenna mount for the RF-10, but it has bad fuel economy, bad viewing angles and is generally unreliable, this is the thing i'll likely improve first.
Furthermore there's quite a massive refined fuel storage facility nearby. Fuel should not become an issue.

bug in, not out, because western europe has no /out/

eurofag btw

Attached: 1543925067938.jpg (194x260, 13K)

Can we get a higher resolution please?

until the creek gets contaminated...

Supplies already there

by what? There's no one for miles

Because the only cell network that existed at the time was rudimentary 2G you brainlet.

>And nowadays, iirc, even "landlines" aren't actually landlines anymore.
Pretty much. Household landlines are still usually analog over twisted pair from the home to the local exchange, but VOIP after that. Most corporate phone systems are entirely VOIP now. There are reasons why that's good from a business standpoint, but the internet is much less reliable than the old public switched telephone network. It also means if we lose internet connectivity for whatever reason, we lose all communications technologies built on top it, which at this point is basically all of them.

The way this guy keeps probing and prodding for details makes him glow in the dark something fierce.

lemme spoonfeed u, phone poster fag
i.4cdn.org/k/1552250046086.jpg

Is there a program that can harvest pics from threads? YChan won't recognize this anymore because chink moot changed the URL to 4channel

You definitely need to look into a purifier, it's only safe to drink until somebody sets up camp upstream and shits in it.

Thanks

First Need XLE. For some reason every website and jewtuber shills the shit out of those shitty Sawyer and MSR filters but doesn't even recognize the First Need exists. I guess it's not trendy. It's been around for decades, is used by governments, and is EPA classified as a legit purifier, not just a filter. Removes everything, even viruses which 99% of the products on the market don't.

Right.
And it's still extremely vulnerable.

You can save the page as an html file to your computer. It will save all the files in it.

Only saves the thumbnails.

Expand the pics before you save it.

it's shit. I think this image brought about all the Oppenheimer threads, and he had to explain why it was shit.

>I have a pool
Do common water filters get rid of the chlorine?

>tfw bastard child and hated by everyone
> no family or friends
>no significant other
>no reason to live except for shooting and guns
>dont care whether I live or die
>wont anhero regardless of what method I choose when they find my body and my guns, theyll somehow tie guns in one way or another to my death
>dont want to add to gun death statistics, want others to keep enjoying them
>dont need to buy survival gear and food for shtf
>using money on ammo instead
>whoever manages to kill me, thank you for putting me out of my misery
>check my body for a key around my neck that opens several crates full of goodies
>enjoy

Attached: 55b.jpg (680x764, 62K)

I'll get back to you on that

>Oppenheimer
I miss those threads
Y did u faggits have to ruin them?

>Coms: Do you have radios? Do you know how to use your radios? Do you have other methods of coms (like whistles or flares) and have you ever tried to use them to communicate?

This is a relatively limited interpretation of coms. A more comprehensive way to look at it is; information access. Radios and signalling devices are part of the equation, passing data back and forth is the other part. If you include data storage and processing in the coms category, that gives you a better idea of what effect you’re looking for.

How about a story from someone who was more far gone than you, but found his way.
youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU

Is buying fish antibiotics a meme or legit? I'm looking at the chemical formulas and the Cipro and Amoxicillin look no different from the human consumption versions.

Question: why does everybody act like any calibers other than 9mm, 5.56, and 22lr will be useless in shtf?

I wish I was able to join the military so I'd actually know what I was doing in preparing for disaster and how to handle it
fucking celiac disease makes everything bad

Doesn't help to have antibiotics if you don't know how each of them work and on what kind of organisms

They are literally the exact same pills

So pay for a couple months of subscription to UpToDate, archive the treatment protocols for all the most common infections, and now The More You Know.

Medfag here
They may be safe for consumption, but you sincerely do not want to use antibiotics without knowing for sure what you're using, what you're treating, how to treat it, and why it works. Without that information you could make your bacterial infection worse, become infected with an opportunistic pathogen, or breed an immune strain of bacteria

The whole use of antibiotics in prepping is sincerely a dangerous thing to do for yourself and others

I'm in the medical field as well, so no need to talk down to me. And implying it'd be better to just not have anything at all is retarded. You're not going to have a lab to do gram staining to determine what you have in the apocalypse, so you're going to have to do a good job of symptom match and likely culprits. Bactrim, Cipro, and Keflex are the most logical broad spectrum antibiotics to have. My only question was whether the fish antibiotics were any different, not that I'm a retard that doesn't know anything about antibiotics period.

I'm not trying to talk down to you I just don't want people who may or may not know what they're doing to fuck themselves up

It's legit. It helps to know what to actually use it for though.

They're not useless, they just aren't common.
If you wanna stockpile thousands and thousands of rounds of some fudd round (or tactical round for that matter) at 50cpr, be my guest.
But in all likelyhood, you aren't going to.

Essentially you will have what you have on hand when disaster strikes and likely never find any more.

Yes.

You can also buy The Pill Book or Alton's Antibiotics and Infectious Diseases.

youtube.com/watch?v=HM9Wy8CGVNo

youtube.com/watch?v=ks00XG3n7yM

I think the logic is that it makes more sense to have a firearm that uses these since they are so widely available. Of course, 99% of the people that bulk buy shit like 9mm will get killed in their first """firefight""", instantly, so it doesn't really matter.